The Kingdom of Astaeron

Arianna shook her head quickly at hearing his words, gazing towards him intently.

"No, no, I'm not just offering it. I mean it," she said to him, her beautiful smile returning. "Perhaps you could come tonight, around the time the gates close so there's no need to worry about newcomers coming in needing homes or jobs or anything like that sorted out?" That also would give Arianna time to read the message delivered by the little bat above her, as she was quite curious what that was. She smiled sweetly towards Herzius, brushing some hair from her face.

He hears her words, watching her beautiful face and nods, smiling a bit, "Good, I normally don't get too many people who enjoy having me around." He says, stepping back, "Alright, I will be here at nightfall, please send word by courier if something were to prevent us from our meeting." He says in a polite voice, "Now, if you don't mind, I am going to take my leave, after of course I get the address of the home." He says, standing at attention as he prepares to take his leave.

His gaze grows hard, like iron as he stares forward, not at her intentionally, but unable to help it due to his height as he stares ahead.

Arianna noded quickly, feeling her cheeks flush a soft rosy pink as she realized that she had forgotten to give him the address. She stood quickly from her throne, her wings glinting as a hint of sunlight caught them through the window. She grabbed a small note sheet and gently began to scribble down directions on it, the long pink skirt of her dress fluttering around her ankles with every move she made. Her skirt swished as she turned to face him, holding it out.

"These are directions to the house from the castle," Arianna said to him softly. "Just give them to your driver and he should be able to find his way easily enough." She smiled a bit, holding the note paper gently between two fingers as she offered it to him, a smile on her pink lips and a sparkle in her blue eyes.

He smiles at her, watching her cheeks flush and finds that she looks even more beautiful with it. The corner of his lips pull into another half smile and he watches her scramble to get back in control of the situation, watching her wings with a smile, finding them to be appealing despite their more, insect like build. He considers speaking to her about his race, and the other winged race and he waits patiently as she scribbles it down. He walks towards her slowly and smiles politely as he takes it from her hand, "Thank you." He says in a humble tone and then nods, "Alright, will do, shall I give you the gold?" He asks her, raising a brow. He immediately notices how much larger his hands are than hers and a smile touches his lips once more at that truth. He takes a step back after taking it and watches her, intent on speaking to her more thoroughly tonight.

Gladius

Gladius slowly rests his head in his hands, gazing at the person once he raises his head again. "it was not my fault, you know that!" he protests as the person's shape flickers a little, Gladius throws his hands up. "I know I lost our damn kingdom, but it wasn't my fault! Could you have done a better job?!" he listens and mutters. "all you ever do is nag me, go back to oblivion and leave me a while!" he waves his right hand in a slashing motion as though he's trying to cut through the shape, he keeps doing it until it finally get's the hint and fades away.

Gladius leans back- hearing the chair groan in protest, he ignores it and gazes at the window of his new home. no.. it was a place to live in, but it would never be his home. His home is no more, he has no place within it anymore. His mouth tightens bitterly and he feels rage burn in his heart, rage at everything that has being taken from him.

He gazes down at his burned badly damaged leg, gritting his teeth he lifts it and places it on the plump pillow that his usless slave had put down for him. Gladius growls faintly to himself, aware that he is now a shadow of the man he once was. He has to be, if he has no choice to rely upon his toy in order to get through the day. Simple activities like getting himself something to eat and torturing things have become harder, and he hates the dependency on Sepiroth. Though his other leg is fine, he finds it hard to support his weight upon it. Even leaning against things doesn't ease it, leaving Gladius helpless for the second time in his life.

Though Gladius must admit, he was surprised when his toy -or rather slave- didn't leave him for dead. He was even more surprised when Sepiroth nursed him back from the brink of death, but Gladius doubts it was an act of kindness. He and his toy both know that if he died, Sepiroth would break down. He would be truly alone, he would be lost. It was simply a matter of survival as to why Sepiroth saved him, a matter of dependency.. which is how things should be between the two of them, nothing else.

And once Gladius finds a way to recover, he will make sure that Sepiroth will always remember his place.. that order will painfully be restored and this humliation will be forgotten, Sepiroth will once again revert to the 'useless and ugly failure' and he will once again be 'the strong and handsome master.

And then the real fun will start, he will woo the queen if he can.. and work on restoring himself to power, but for that he may need some help. He needs the Count.

Gladius laughs for the first time in a long time. "things will change!"

Arianna smiled up at him and nodded her head, her loose hair fluttering with the motion.

"Yes, if you don't mind," she replied softly, still smiling sweetly towards him, her dress brushing lightly against the floor as she stood before him, her head tilted backwards so she could actually look at him.

He smiles and it twists into a grin as a thought crosses his lips, "You know..." He says in a mild tone as his hand enters the inside of his purple tunic, slipping inside before removing a fat coin purse. He removes a coin for her, offering it out to her, still admiring her intense beauty with such soft, twinkling eyes. "Normally, when a man offers a beautiful woman money, it's on different terms than rent." He teases, smiling sweetly at her as he turns on his heel, his back to her, "Of course, you'd never do such a thing, now would you."He says in an amused tone as he steps through the door, "See you soon." He says and walks away from her, letting the large doors shut as he steps free from their confines, hoping she wouldn't take offense to his odd humor.

Herzius watches around, his eyes flicking as he does, even squinting to see better, though he knows it wont help much. His eyes were nigh useless in the sun light. Sure, he could see light, but unless they were not touched by the rays of light, he couldn't see very well. He slowly walks to the carriage, watching the driver scramble down and pull open the grating door, both of them wincing in response.

"Welcome, my lord. I hope all went well?" He asks the large man, one of which most people feared but for whatever reason he admired to no end. "Yes, all went well, in fact, she surprisingly allied with us. Such an odd feat indeed for me to have, normally I don't get such, nice results." He says, the carriage drivers laughs a bit, "No, you don't. That's why you're known as the Harbinger, my lord." He says, "The man who symbolizes all demise." His lips widen, almost cracking as he grins. "Yes, that's why I am know for such a thing." He says, slowly entering his carriage, "Oddly enough, I think she enjoyed my company, the only other I know that has such an enjoyment of my company is you." He says and the carriage driver smiles, glad his lord noticed as he shuts the carriage door and mounts the driving post, he slides open the metal grate window for him and leans down to look in, "So, where must we go, my lord?" He questions and in response he is given the note. He takes it and then shuts the gate, slowly taking off in direction of the home.

Herzius leans back in the carriage's seat, relaxing himself now as he watches the window, taking note of all of his things, stacked so nicely in preparation to be unloaded. He thinks over the situation, wondering if the Queen had an interest in him or if she was this way with everyone. She seemed intelligent, very thoughtful, so the fact she forgot to give him the note symbolizes he caused her thoughts to sway, but past that, she had blushed so beautifully when he reminded her. Perhaps he had reason to pursue further, of course, he had not swooned anyone since his late love had been killed in the war.

He feels that carriage stop and he waits for the door to slide open, staying relaxed as it does and he smiles a bit at his driver, watching him unload his belongings before stepping out and crossing his arms, letting him load the house with his things, telling him to set the trunks in his room and then he relaxes, leaving his things on the floor as he lays down, deciding to nap. There was still at least an hour or two until nightfall, surely he could rest.

As Herzius spoke, Arianna's cheeks again flushed a delicate pink at his words. She quietly watched him leave the room, smiling almost shyly after him, and then turned and took her place once again upon the ornate throne. Her wings folded up behind her back and tucked themselves away so she could lean back without hurting them, and she sat quietly there, thinking about the encounter she'd just had. He had been mysterious, intriguing, almost charming, in a way. She wasn't sure how he had managed to get her so flustered, but she knew she needed to stay composed.

She shifted her deep ocean gaze up to the little bat by the ceiling, outstretching one slender arm to it.

"Are you here for me? Do you have something?" she asked in her sweet, musical voice, smiling kindly.

The bat could now confirm it could indeed see her, as it flaps it's little wings and flies off towards her, but at a slow and nice pace. Letting out it's little noises for her, it stops before her and hands her the letter. Should she take it, she'd find it'd say this: "Dear person who has received this, if you are reading this, you are the only one who can see this bat. He is here to lead you out to a location for some help, for you see, there is a person who is currently trapped and cannot be freed by just anyone. The spell that binds him to sleep can only be opened by you, it seems. My bat cannot touch you, but you are the only one who can save this person's life right now. The sooner you come, the better, for a dark and mysterious group has located him too, and they plan to kill him for personal gain. Please, find it in your heart to save this poor person's life. Signed - Anonymous."

Arianna blinked her blue eyes in surprise as she took the little letter into her hands. She read it quickly before looking at Christopher, lurking at her side, whom she knew would not have read it over her shoulder. She let out a light sigh and stood slowly, unfolding and fluttering her majestic, glittering wings.

"I'm just going to go and take a short walk in the gardens," Arianna murmured, figuring Christopher would have no problem with it as she began towards the door. She shot a glance towards the bat, beckoning it to follow her before she followed it. She had to go and get her cloak from upstairs, and she would have to sneak out. As she walked along, her skirt fluttered around her ankles and her hair bounced with each light and cheery step.

The bat follows suit, watching her until she told it that it was time. Fury, meanwhile, was busy with things on his end. As the four took positions, Fury had called up on an audience with a special person he had met a few times in the past. Hearing noise in the distance, Fury smirks to himself as a figure emerges into sight before them. "I'm surprised, Fury." The figure spoke, his features hidden in darkness. "You are still alive after your master gave you a thrashing."

"Never mind that for now." Fury said, time was something he could not afford to waste. "Let us go out away from others to talk."

"Hold on. You know my price." The figure spoke to him, holding out a hand, with a glove that had a bony design to it. Fury smiled and pulled out a small bag, putting it in the figure's hand, small clicks could be heard inside of it.

"Right. Follow me." Fury and the figure walk off into the forest, leaving the four alone to guard the blue boulder. Fury smirks to himself, he hoped the bat had found someone in time.

Arianna quietly slipped her small figure through the great wooden doors of the throne room and headed down the hallway. She turned the corner, her shoes quietly padding against the floor as she began towards the grand staircase. As she reached the bottom, she spread her pretty wings and, with a few flaps, floated up off the floor and up the stairs, her shimmering silvery wings lifting her effortlessly. She landed, her feet touching down on the stone floor gracefully, and resumed her brisk walk.

Arianna's bedroom had regal doors similar to those of the throne room, which was located directly below the Queen's bedchamber. She stepped inside, not bothering to lock the door as she would be only a moment, and made her way to the tall wooden wardrobe on the far side of the room. The room was in the shape of a pentagon, with three sides meeting at right angles to form almost a square, and the remaining two sides jutting out at angles. This corner was filled with potted plants and flowers, some resting on the floor, some dangling from the ceiling, and some hanging on the walls. The Queen was not there to tend to her plants, however; she was only fetching her cloak from the wardrobe.

She draped the thick cloak over her body. It was a deep, regal violet in colour, with silver trim around the edges and a large hood that easily covered her face. Her wings tucked themselves safely beneath the warm fabric and she stepped out of her shoes, turning and leaving her room again. She paused once in the hallway, thinking for a moment about where to go. She knew of a hole in the wall in the gardens, which she used her magic to keep hidden behind a tree trunk whenever she used it. Yes, that would be the best choice, and with that decision made, Arianna began towards the staircase.

"Just let me get out of the castle, and then you may lead me," Arianna said to the little bat in a soft voice. She knew that once she was out of the castle, she was fine - any guards or townsfolk who saw her out of the castle would assume that she was permitted to be there, given that it was supposed to be so difficult to get out.

The bat continues to observe her, flapping it's little wings as it makes a little noise out as if replying. Fury, on the other hand, had stopped in the middle of the dark forest with the strange figure. "I know you go by many names. Death's Eyes, Spirit Talker... Soul Caller." This got a small chuckle out of the man.

"You've heard. Yes, my life has been interesting. My eyes are special enough, but I have learned many ways about the world of the dead. While I may not be as great with it as others were in the past, I will surpass them, someday." The figure cracks his neck, and proceeds to do the same to his knuckles. "Who do you want to call?"

"You've called him before, so it should be easier this time. He went by The Harvester when he was alive."

"So, someone misses their dear daddy, eh?" The figure joked, pulling out a green glowing orb. "I hope you know what you are doing."

"I am. Just do it, he and I have much to discuss"

"Very well." The figure's eyes roll into the back of his head, and the orb begins to form an image inside of it.

Arianna left the building quietly, stopped only twice by guards asking her where she was going; she simply dismissed them by saying that she was taking a walk in the gardens, which seemed to satisfy them enough to leave her be. She headed into the gardens, breathing in the array of sweet aromas that surrounded her, taking in the magnificent display of rainbow colours on all sides. She didn't stop to admire its beauty, however; she made her way straight to the ornamental tree that hid the hole. A light wave of her hand had the tree bending out of her way, and she slipped through the hole, returning the tree to its original shape and position as she slipped into the backroads that ran behind the castle.

"Okay, where are we going?" she asked the little bat softly, gazing around at the dirt streets.

The bat makes a little noise before flying off ahead, heading off for the forest. Being that she could only see and hear it currently made it so that she could traverse through the place without any trouble. It would take some time, but she'd find the bat seemed to be making little noises the closer they got, an indication of how close she was to her destination. With the four, however, things were not the life of the party. "This sucks." The first figure said.

"Shut up." Scar said to him. "You are going to make us look bad. We are suppose to look as intimidating as possible!"

"Easy for you to say." The first responded.

"Knock it off, we're a team right now." The second intervened. "Let's just look intimidating, okay?"

"How?"

"By just standing here and looking as mysterious as possible!"

"Oh joy, I'm stuck with the clam up their butt's crew!"

"Enough!" The third shouted. "Fury and his dark friend went off somewhere to chat, so -we- are responsible for whatever happens here. Got it!"

". . .I have to pee though." The first said.

"Moron. Didn't you pee before we went off on the trip?!"

"No! I didn't have to go then, but now I have to!"

"Just let him go." Scar waved him off. "Lest he disgust us further."

"Jerk." The first quickly ran off to find a place he could be alone.

"Who wants to bet he'll get attacked?" The second asked.

"I'll bet on that." Scar smirked.

"Oh, I love games like this!" The third chimed in.

Arianna went quietly along, following the bat as it led the way. She followed it out of the city, not stopped once by anyone but the guards positioned at the city gates. She told them quickly that she was visiting the unicorns in their peaceful meadow, and then continued to follow the bat. It led her to the forest, which made her curiosity grow more and more with every step she took. Her bare feet were soundless against the grassy earth and her cloak lightly billowed behind her.

Aliah moved her hood off her head exposing her pale white hair, the cloak draped down around her body something you'd expect to see on a peasant. Although she made it look elegant and beautiful. The black of the cloak contrasting the snow white hair and her pale skin. Two metal armbands holding up the sleeves exposing her shoulders. Her hair beautifully set up in a braid leading to a bun. Usually Aliah wouldn't take off her hood but it was only for the reason of walking up to the castle which was beautiful to see if there was anything she could help. Her feet bare touched the cold stone of the stairs.

Aliah walked out of the castle the Queen away. She walked to a store and found a nice man whom she asked for money because she was poor, the man fell for her trick and bought her a meal. "Thank you very much Sir" Aliah said as she put her hood back on and left, nothing new was stirring her interest so she walked around town waiting for the Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
Arius let out another sigh, the conversation had gone on a long time...She was quite tired of getting stuck behind one person after another who arrived sick or injured and now this strange frightening man had come up and started talking about something or another; Arius didn't listen, the Queen wandering off was the last straw of Arius' patience. She and Kyo were to be street rats then, so be it. She would deal with that later, maybe build something a little less shabby in the Dark Woods; or at least make it comfortable enough for Kyo to rest peacefully when she needed it. Arius disappears back down the elegant halls staring at the ground the whole way until she arrived in the room where Kyo waited once more. "Lady Kyo, I do apologize, but it seems we will have to make our own way in the Dark Woods, it's the only place I can think for us to be, I am sorry about this but it would appear one such as myself is an unnecessary annoyance here." Arius was quite frustrated, and slightly volatile at this precise moment in time, it shouldn't have taken her so long but alas, she would deal with the hand she was dealt and hopefully would be able to win. Still frustrated and feeling annoyed she waited, patiently, because for some reason Arius felt a lot more patient when she dealt with Kyo than any of the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bat perches itself on a branch, the spell suddenly coming off as it makes a little noise before pointing one of it's wings at the place up ahead. The three continued to guard it, as the bat glows before vanishing from this world. The second figure turns to Scar. "Oi, he's been out there for quite some time."

"Yeah?" Scar asked.

"So, I say someone goes and confirms proof."

"You think I'm risking my neck out there? No way."

"Come on Scar, you'll scare off anyone who even dares to try." The third figure stated.

"Fine, I'll go. But if I get axed off, one of you boneheads is getting possessed." Scar walks off and draws out some kind of weapon before soon fading from sight.

"So what now?" The second figure asked.

"Er, well... Nothing's really happened, and since there's two of us, we may as well start walking around this thing."

"I don't like it. It seems unnaturally formed to surround this blue thing."

"Shut up and start walking." The two remaining figures start to walk around the place, giving some openings here and there on occasion.

Arianna gazed in the direction that the little bat had pointed, seeing three figures. As she began to walk quietly in that direction, one of the figures walked off with a weapon. The other two spoke for a minute, and then began to walk. She stared after them. Were they the bad guys the bat had told her about? Or were they the ones who had sent the magical bat and the letter? Figuring that she, the Queen, would be able to fend for herself, she began to go after the two men.

"Excuse me?!" she called out in a light voice, her fingers gently holding the clasp of her cloak.