The Kingdom of Astaeron

Karine nodded to the guard as he approached her, following him out of the throne room and through the castle back to the town square. Plans filled her head, and she was eager to get into her new space so she could set it up for her use. She was about to suggest that he accompany her while she retrieved her horses, but a screaming voice distracted her. Karine turned, looking around for the source of the commotion. A woman with long, seaweed green hair lay sprawled in the street, apparently unconscious.

Though Karine usually would have waited for someone else to help the woman, it seemed logical that she should not just ignore her when she had one of the queen's guards at her disposal. She turned to the man and said, "It looks like that woman is in dire need of assistance. Perhaps you could take her to the castle while I retrieve my mounts, and then meet me at the fountain once you have gotten her help?" The man nodded and started towards the fallen woman, and Karine went in the opposite direction to find the man who had helped her stable her horses.

Arius sensed the girl's discomfort and thinking about how often children didn't like to be talked to like children she smiled politely and gave the girl a polite bow. "You see my lady mage I was actually concerned about how you use your magic, you're body is still small and not able to handle it fully, I'm not trying to demean you, I'm actually thinking of offering my services to you and maybe give you a hand controlling those powers of yours..." Arius tried not to overload the girl too much, so she doesn't ask if the girl would want to study and live with Arius even if it would only be a little while, so she waits a little while, letting the girl take in what Arius had said.

After a few minutes she continues talking still bowed, more in a way that a servant would bow to their master or mistress.
"I said before, you're magic seems closely related to death and with or without the Queen's approval I preside over Death and Ghosts; that is what your magic reminds me of, ghosts...If you are intent upon returning to your kingdom, instead of staying here for a time allow me to form a contract of sorts with you; I won't take your soul don't worry, it's more of so I can help you if someone wishes you harm and you're feeling ill. The choice is yours alone Lady Mage. I shall warn you though, there is a price for everything, that includes the contract, but it can be as small as anything, but it has to mean at least a little to you, say a minor gem that you think is pretty, I don't ask a high price like some demons would." Honestly if she bound her scythe to anybody; until they relinquished the contract her scythe could be used as a proper weapon, all in the name of whoever Arius was bound to at the time, another uniqueness of hers as she is a demon. Somewhere in her mind Arius hoped she hadn't blown up the girl's brain; although the child seemed highly intelligent and mature for her age, Arius would be sure to treat the girl with respect well deserved.

Looking downwardly, "I'm sorry if I sound disrespectful, but you don't know what my magic is like. Ghost magic is nothing like death or spirits. It is fear... unrelenting, undiscriminating terror. I hate using that magic, but sometimes I have to because I'm not strong enough to fight fairly. People tried to kill me while I was coming here. They didn't care who I was or what I had on me, I don't even know if they were sane. But when I use that magic, they fear me so much that they kill themselves rather than face me. One of them stabbed their eyes out, yet the terror remained, and they went insane killing their friends before finally doing himself in. My magic is worse than death, but I don't know how else to defend myself. I would never use this magic if I could help it. It is a horrible way to take a life." Although I remain composed, it is clear that Arius stepped on a landmine. I didn't mean to blurt everything out like that. I didn't mean to trouble them, I just, lost myself. "I'm sorry, I just mean to say, I'm not interested in learning that kind of magic." I bow my head to the reaper in apology. My pink twintails fall to my sides, and my deep red eyes look up at her looking very sorry.

@Gladis

Esther slipped the packet of poison back into her cloak as deftly as she could. A light orange powder remained on the fish, but it was unnoticeable amongst the pinkish color of the meat and the yellow zest on top of it. "My name is Anna," Esther said with round innocent eyes as she repeated her story, "I was sent in to help.." She scurried back to the pan to finish scrubbing it. "I meant no harm," she said, "the fish smelled so good." She looked down at her work, hoping this fellow would take her for a timid servant girl and ignore her.

"I needn't stay once he leaves," Esther thought, "I know this will work, and sticking around to watch would be self-serving and needless. I'll just go out the way I came in, take the Eastern path out of town..." She quickly planned her next moves as she waited to hear the footsteps of a man walking away.

Arius blinks slightly unperturbed by the sudden outpour, "So stiffen up, lift your head up and listen to me. I am; essentially a grim reaper, they take ghosts or people meant to die. I'm offering a helping hand, I understand not liking your magic...I hated mine..." With a sigh Arius sits beside the girl and blinks her glowing green eyes. "Shall I tell you something interesting? My eyes have always been like this and I never found out why until I turned 18. That was five years ago, I've been missing for these past five years I ran away from my magic. I was raised as a human so I ran away, you shouldn't run away from your magic, it's powerful and it is magic, it can be controlled, I took five years to learn how to control mine." Arius says not much more, doesn't elaborate but hoped that it would help the young mage open up to Arius, it is magic, and like any magic it could be controlled, she felt like all she wanted to do was help this girl learn to control the power, it took Arius a long time to control her own power as well, surely if Arius couldn't help her then there had to be someone who could.

I start to realize I let my immaturity get the best of me. I'm not even really sure what this person is capable of. Plus, she wasn't at all offended by what I had to say, so maybe she does understand more than I think she does. Besides, she was marked just like me. She had eyes that look familiar to that of a cat's at night, almost seeming to glow. If I could use my magic without killing people and hurting myself, then I could use it for self defense. Though also, my advisor warned me about making contracts with demons. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not a great judge of character, nor am I skilled with spirit contracts. Someone could take advantage of me like that. Also, having lived among nobility, I've seen how two-faced people can be. If I'm going to do this, I can't just expect things to turn out right. It is like my tactics teacher said, "Trust your allies, but confirm when possible."

I raise my head, "I believe you, that you can help me learn to use my magic. But, that contract you were talking about, I don't know if I can sign it. I never studied that kind of thing, but I know there are risks associated with signing anything you don't understand. For right now, can I just stay by your side without signing anything? I don't want to abandon my magic if it can be used for something more than slaughter, but I'm still scared of it. I have to make preparations to leave, but if I leave any time within the next week, there will be natural obstacles that I can't travel through. During that waiting time, I want to live with you. Is that acceptable?"

"Of course you can stay with me without the contract too. I only mentioned that because unless I myself am put directly in harms way, I can't hurt people with this scythe." Arius knows it's frightening but she takes the scythe off her back and attempts to touch the little mage with it; she's not swinging it just a touch, but it doesn't touch, it phases through the skin. "Since you mean me no harm I cannot hurt you, but if I had touched you earlier I would have taken your soul. You really were in a bad situation then." Arius can't help but feel a little thrilled, though somewhere in her head she wondered why Celeste had been so quiet but with a shrug she ignores the thought, instead opting to stand up straight and offer her pale hand to the young girl. "Well lady mage, my name is Arius LaVari, it's nice to meet you. But if you are to live with me I cannot keep calling you Lady Mage now can I?" Now Arius really had a reason to talk to the Queen, if she didn't this girl and her would end up living in the Dark Woods; which might not be so bad actually, there were plenty of things that did not know the meaning of fear there, still Arius would prefer a home to keep the girl in. Only a week, hopefully Arius could help her in so short a time.

"Of course you can stay with me without the contract too. I only mentioned that because unless I myself am put directly in harms way, I can't hurt people with this scythe." Arius knows it's frightening but she takes the scythe off her back and attempts to touch the little mage with it; she's not swinging it just a touch, but it doesn't touch, it phases through the skin. "Since you mean me no harm I cannot hurt you, but if I had touched you earlier I would have taken your soul. You really were in a bad situation then." Arius can't help but feel a little thrilled, though somewhere in her head she wondered why Celeste had been so quiet but with a shrug she ignores the thought, instead opting to stand up straight and offer her pale hand to the young girl. "Well lady mage, my name is Arius LaVari, it's nice to meet you. But if you are to live with me I cannot keep calling you Lady Mage now can I?" Now Arius really had a reason to talk to the Queen, if she didn't this girl and her would end up living in the Dark Woods; which might not be so bad actually, there were plenty of things that did not know the meaning of fear there, still Arius would prefer a home to keep the girl in. Only a week, hopefully Arius could help her in so short a time.
I bravely look into Arius's eyes as she causes her scythe to phase through me. For some reason, it is a lot easier to face intimidating people when I can look them in the eyes. I'm so small compared to the people around me, it feels like I could be overlooked. When people look downward, gazing from down above, it is easy to accept that I'm littler, but that is why I have a trick. If I look someone in the eye, then I get to get their equal. Though also, she said something quite upsetting. It seems that demons don't always seem the nicest bunch, but this is her everyday, so I can learn to accept it.

"You are right. It wouldn't be right for me to make you call me that while you are attending me. My name is Kyo. I'm looking forward to understanding more. For right now, I don't need a protector. So long as I can provide for myself wherever we go, I'll be fine." I look forward with a smile, "And as long as I'm under your care, you have use of my magic. If you need to hold anything, I can use the Aether to store things, and I'm a proficient healer. Also, I'm great at transportation magics. I need to work on my endurance, but if it is anywhere in this kingdom, I can take you there. Hopefully I can be useful to you."

[glow=teal]
Ghaurl Halidon
[/glow]
d4aBATd.jpg
[glow=purple]

Ghaurl dragged the limp body over his shoulder, using on arm to keep him steady while using the other to hold the map to his face. "God, I hate this." shifting his eyes over to the highwayman, he could hear him mutter a variety of things, ranging from guttural moans, to incoherent phrases.
[/glow]
[glow=purple]

"HHhhnnhngagh.... heheh, feel my blade... meatloaf.... neck...." he continued on like this for several hours until finally making a coherent thought. "Yeash, we'll retreeve da chyld.... Magic powerz... Caution... Money..." drifting back to garbled phrases.

Eventually the sand began to frequent dirt, as Ghaurl ventured closer to the castle. Glancing back at the map, he was roughly half a mile from the kingdom's castle, which brought relief to him. Observing his surroundings as he passed them, giant visible rocks became less common as he soon found trees as his surroundings.
"Alright, good. I'm getting closer. But I'll be damned if this body wasn't so... heavy!" Ghaurl rested the unconscious highwayman against a nearby trunk and plopped himself to the ground, taking in large breaths as he slowly regained the nerve to continue. As he rested, he could feel his eyes fall heavy and his conscious drift away. Reasoning that traveling impaired would lead to mistakes he decided to take a quick nap also.

[hr=purple][/hr]

Stretching his neck, Ghaurl let out a rather large yawn, while gaping at the weakened man, still asleep and laying about. He braced the tree and pulled himself up, stretching his arms and legs.
"Damn, that'd be a good nap I'd say. A shorter one than those out back in the field... Heh." Walking about, he noticed a large patch of dirt that expanded left and right, a path? Which would mean... civilization!

He slid the map out of his pocket and read it carefully, convincing himself that it must have been one of the lesser roads, considering that it wasn't paved in stone. But nonetheless, it should lead to the kingdom, and after a five minute of drudging alone with the extra weight, it proved true. He gazed at the fine walls that had come to be Astaeroth.
"Finally, civilization! Food! People!" he exclaimed, before being reminded of the lives lost at the slaughter. He looked at the gates in wonderment, admiring the construction of the walls and the adornments that could lay inside.

"Bummmble rum.. dumble.. Key... OREO!" the highwayman jostled and slid out of Ghaurl's grip, causing him to trip and fall with the highwayman on top.

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Ghaurl dusted himself off and noticed the guards at the gate, whom silently looked at him with unwavering caution. "Right..." Pulling out the small pocketbook, he flipped to the further end to the book, where he took his notes, re-reading the information that he gathered about the patrol he had wandered with. "Excuse me. My name is Ghaurl Halidon, a... conscript in the 3rd division of the Border patrol unit. I have a... urgent.. message to relay to the Queen." he looked at the two guards, hoping that would be allowed inside.

They looked at each other, and back at Ghaurl, eyeing him and the body that he carried, tensing their arms as they rest them on their scabbards.

"You don't seem to be wearing the armor of a Patrol Officer, explain yourself."

"Like I said before, I was conscripted into the Border Patrol not too long ago and they had no armor to spare."

"Okay then. Care to explain the body your carrying?"

"A passerby whom helped lead me to the castle, he's severely injured and requires medical attention."

"And he has not passed on yet? Interesting."

"I had managed to placate his wounds with my own remedies, but they are only able to keep him together, and no further."

"..." The guards whispered silently to each other before looking back at Ghaurl.

"Very well. We shall relay word of your arrival to the Queen, but we're watching you until she gives word to let you in." As he said this, the guard walked into the kingdom, leaving the one guard to watch him. Ghaurl rested the highwayman on the ground, awaiting for the Queen to receive his word.

[/glow]

[glow=pink]@PrincessLala95[/glow]

Reactions: AAB
Celeste smile and hugged the girl. " i am so glad you decided to stay and learn more about your magic. I was getting worried when you started to shut Arius out. I really do think she is the best person who can understand your magic and help you grow stronger." she let go of the kyo and turned to Arius. "if you need help with healing or just want to hang out you guys find me in town. I hope to see you both again" she was slightly sad that Kyo was going to stay with Arius but deep down she knew that she had never witness or studied the girls' type of magic before, and would not be much help. " Im going to go see my new home so ill take my leave. Stay safe" Celeste and her golem curtsied to Arius and Kyo before leaving.

I didn't expect for Celeste to hug me so suddenly. In fact, my first impression was that she would be upset that I wanted to learn magic from Arius instead of her. I mean, I remember what she did for me when I was fainting now. She rushed up to me so quickly, that she had to have been watching me closely just before I got wobbly. I might be wrong, but I think I should at least give her a card to play. Its only fair. "Well, I still owe you for catching me, healing me, and feeding me. So I'm in your debt as well. If you need anything at all, I'll help out. Besides, it must get lonely living by yourself, so maybe I'll come visit before I leave for home."

celeste stopped in the doorway. " you can come visit anytime, but there is no need to repay me." She was slightly embarrassed now. "i have this thing about children. I probably freaked you out earlier from me being so attentive. I may not look it but im very very very old. I have fought too many wars, too many battles, and have seen too many children killed because of senseless conflicts." Her heart grew heavy from the memories that flooded into her mind. She remember the first time she was brought to the mage tower she grew up in. There was so many children, and too many violent templars. She shut them out of her mind before the tears came.

" all i care about it what was best for you. You have an amazing power that not many people know about. I surely have never seen it, and ive been around for a while. Control your powers and become stronger so you dont hurt yourself again. I am confident that you will become and powerful young lady." She waved to them both before closing the door. Celeste was ready for a long bath. She sent her golem to the Carriage.

"Lady Kyo then, We actually need to go and speak to the Queen properly now for you see I've lived in the Dark Woods for the past five years in a little handmade hovel; I would rather not make you live in such awful conditions." Arius watched Celeste when she went to hug Kyo; it wasn't her habit but Arius bowed politely back when the golem and Celeste curtsied to the pair. They were a mismatched pair to be sure but while Kyo looked bright and Arius dark she knew she was one of the few who could understand Kyo's magic. "Now...you stay here and rest up, okay? I need to go and speak to the Queen since I didn't get a chance to earlier, it won't take me long." Arius doesn't particularly wait for the response, she heads off down the extravagant halls back to where she knew the Queen should be.

When she arrived she looked around, she couldn't particularly tell if anyone else was around but Arius sensed Death...That's when she glanced at the entrance and noticed a near dead traveler and another man who didn't seem injured, great now she would have to wait once again for the Queen to deal with another one who was injured, it didn't feel like the man could be saved honestly.
"Whatever his message is you need him to deliver it now, and keep your distance from me and my scythe." She doesn't explain why but she steps back and sighs under her breath a bit waiting as a guard ran past her to inform the Queen of the injured and the other man's arrival. Hopefully Kyo had patience to wait on Arius to deal with the dying man first and then talk to the Queen. She jostled the coins at her side as she waited patiently, thankfully as soon as she had discovered what she was meant to do and took the first life she'd had to take it was almost like it had been traded for a small bag of coins; whoever presided over her duties paid her to do it so she'd have plenty for a home, at least she hoped she would.

Arianna glanced towards the doors as a guard entered to let her know that someone had arrived with an injured person who required medical attention. She nodded quickly, asking the guard to escort the newcomer in, and turning to a servant, sending him to fetch the healer yet again. It was odd that so many people were coming in sick or injured today. Arianna let out a light breath and ran one small hand gently through her long waves of brown hair, gazing towards the door, curious about the injured new arrival.

celeste had reached the carriage in no time. She looked around and notice how so many people were going to see the queen. Just a few moments ago she caught a glimpse of a gentlemen carrying an injured man while being escorted by guardsmen. She had never really seen a ruler who allowed the public so easy access to them. she liked that. she told her golem where their new home was. before she could get in her carriage she saw the man above a woman laid on the street. "is everything alright?" she said approaching the man. Celeste had already had her staff out and was starting scan the woman with magic to make sure she was still alive. " do you know what happened?"

"This sucks." One of the four cloaked men spoke to the cloaked figure walking beside him. "What are we even doing here? We should be out getting into the Guild, not running around like servants!"

"Fool, keep your tone down!" The other cloaked person spoke. "We are on an important assignment to get into it, you fool. Do you want the superiors to know of your foul mouth and attitude? You'll be turned into a frog for sure!"

"Ugh. Sure thing." The thought of being turned into someone's project didn't suit well with him, as they moved throughout the forest to their destination. It had taken them three days to make it here, and the trip was said to be worth it, so the old one said anyway. The newcomers didn't know how exactly the chain of command worked, but they knew at the top there was only one who ruled them all. Every newcomer acknowledged that below him were the oldest members, some of them had lived for over a hundred years, some of them were believed to be undead, as for the others, they didn't dare to ask out of fear for their lives.

Dark magic of all sorts was brought into the Guild, by many different types of members. Some chose to stay down in the caverns below and experiment, work on magic, work to help improve the Guild. There were those who chose to go out and attack, this was allowed though, as long as you realized it was your head at risk and not necessarily the Guild's. Among them was one man, the man that lead them now to their destination. Fury, that's what they called him. He was one of the more experienced with moving on the surface, and it was he who lead the four rookies on their test.

"Before you can be accepted into our Guild and allowed inside, I have been chosen to test you." Fury spoke out to them, his red cape that surrounded his form moved, and as it did, multiple rips, tears and holes could be seen, they could only assume it was from multiple battles he had entered. Little was known about the unusually seven foot man, with his demonic blood-colored writings in an unknown language to them all over the upper half of his body, including his face. They had seen his black eyes with red pupil's, how his smooth skin looked dark blue, like he was some sort of monster. His long brown hair moved behind his head and his boots hit the ground, making a small 'thump' with each step, despite his size.

The five stop before some kind of rock formation that surrounded a particular area, looking inside of it, it could probably be home to any kind of creature, yet it was empty inside. "So it was here all along, huh?" Fury spoke aloud, moving inside. The others seemed hesitant, but moved in as well. Fury stops and looks over towards an unusually large blue rock, formed out of blue gems. "One of our members a long time ago to you had been developing a new kind of weapon for the Guild to use. Unfortunately, he was mortal and could only live long enough to write down his works and leave them for his son. The son continued his father's work and did the same, passing it on to his son, and finally that son to his son. It was this young man who finished his family's greatest work, but only one was ever truly complete."

"And that large thing is it?" One of the four asked.

"No." Replied Fury. "This is a holding place for the one who is embedded with it. Whoever is inside is currently asleep, frozen within it from time, from this world and from anything else. Tonight, we will take what should be ours and create more for all of the Guild to use. Succeed in this, and you four shall obtain one of your own. Now, I must report back to the Guild, you four are to stay here and guard this place. Understood?"

"Yes sir!" They all shouted out to him, as Fury moves out back into the forest and holds up his right hand, a red portal opens in front of him as a skeleton horse covered completely by fire walked out of it, a permanent, wicked grin on it's skeletal expression. The portal closes and the horse walks over to it's master. Fury mounts the wicked looking horse and has it face away from the others. "Ride, my graceful Ash! Ride back to our home!" The horse lets out a demonic neigh as it rises up briefly on it's hind legs before coming back down and riding off away. Just when it seemed they were about to go out of sight, they simply vanish, sparks from the flames extinguishing as the two were nowhere to be seen to the four.

Herzius groans out, laying back in the cart he is in with an exasperated sigh as the heat beats down on him, amplified by the cart's closed in walls of which are plated with iron, stopping the risk of an archer firing upon him and assassinating him before he gets to the new jurisdiction that his queen wishes to be allied with at this time due to their new technology that they have been working upon. His queen was always fascinated with technology, knowing that it is a much more powerful force than most would actually understand. Thus that lays him here, as an ambassador to this unknown land in hopes of completing one of two missions. Allying with the Kingdom of Astaeron and maybe even setting up protection for them, or destroying the city and all it's inhabitants and forcefully taking the technology. He hoped it would be the latter as that would provide the fun he needs to forgive the queen for putting him in this heated cart. He opens the note that the queen had given him, knowing she could not speak these truths aloud and he reads it in a small whisper.

Dear Brother, I am giving you this message in hopes that you will understand my need of you in this current situation. There is word of a Kingdom Named Astaeron. I am sure you have heard rumors of it by now. It's almost hidden, as if it doesn't wish to be found, I hope you can find it, you are the most capable man I know. It's fascinating really. Thus I need you to go there. You have to do one of two things for me. Not both of course, they are contradictory. The option I wish you to take the most is for you to ally the city in my stead. Convince them to allow us to send them our protection in exchange for access to this advanced technology. You are to take your time with this task as it is not an easy one to unfold. I imagine you will have to use your ways of seduction and possibly save a few lives in order to accomplish this mission. If this does not work, you have my permission to kill the rulers of the city and slaughter all of the cities inhabitants. I will be sending a large force in a months time to you so as to help you with this. They will also help convince the city that you can protect them. Do one of these for me, please brother. It means a lot to me. You will also find in this envelope that I have already given you the seal of the kingdom so that you may destroy the city and another seal so that you may cast your protection upon this city. Please be careful, I can't risk losing you so early into my campaign. Do not worry about my husband either, he has agreed to both means. Hopefully he will be dead before you return however, that way I may take control of this kingdom and give you the power you deserve. Do take care brother.
Love your darling sister and queen, Zalia.

The note ends there and he knows that he has no choice in this matter, defying her would likely result in his own death, or worse, the loss of seeing his darling nieces. He bangs on the window of the carriage and it slides open with a grating sound of metal against metal, "Yes, my lord?" The carriage driver asks, garbed in a green tunic with no undershirt and brown breeches, he is unable to see the man's feet but he assumes he is wearing boots of some sort, he is also unable to see the man's face but he can see the shadow and notices an extended shadow from his head, likely a straw hat of some sort. "When are we arriving?" He asks, "We are almost to the bridge, my lord. Would you like me to open the top window so that you can see it? It truly is a beautiful town. My lord." He says, his voice firm despite his obvious nervous tone. "Yes, please do so." He says, standing up in the cart and catching his balance as they roll over a large indention in the road. He cringes at another metallic grating, this one much louder revealing an open scene of mountainous disposal. "Why in bloody hell is it so damned hot in this cart?" He asks, feeling a blast of breeze upon him, "That'd be the wards, my lord. They stop the use of magic. The queen wished to be thorough in ensuring your protection, my lord. She said after the golden hammer had attacked the last time she wanted to ensure no remains of them were readily available, my lord."

He closes his eyes briefly, remembering that terrible onslaught in which over 80,000 men had died in one invasion. His vision going red as he stumbles and falls backwards, a flashback taking control of him and he sees a huge 30 foot tall gronac swinging a tree down upon him, remembering the pain as he had ascended into that horrid mode and killed everything in sight, nearly annihilating the castle in his blind rage. "My lord! Are you alright!?" The man asks, the wagon having stopped and the man now in the carriage with him, "Y..Yes I am fine.. Just... Just a flashback. Thank you for worrying though." He says and smiles pleasantly at the man, "Please keep riding, we are almost there and I really do wish to drink some mead." He says, smiling once more, trying to convince the man he is alright, even though he is clearly not. "Y..Yes, my lord. I will do just that." He says and he quickly climbs out of the carriage and onto the riding post, "Would you like me to close the window, my lord?" The man asks and he shakes his head, "No, please let it remain open, I am confident none of the remains of the golden hammer have followed us out this far." He remarks and the man nods, his shabby gray beard bristling with sweat

Herzius had found the kingdom, no less than 3 months after the note had been sent to him, and it had taken another 6 to get there. As soon as he found it though, he sent word to his soldiers and they marched out within two days. They should be here within a few weeks, maybe less if they move quickly. Speculation be as it may, he needed to keep moving forth. He calls out to the driver, "Do you see it?" He asks and he nods, "Yes, my lord. We are on the outskirts as we speak." He finishes and Herzius nods, "Go to the castle, if any soldiers have qualms, let my presence be known. I wish an audience with the kingdom's ruler immediately, if such a thing is not possible, well, let us hope they can meet us soon, lest my patience run dry." He comments in a distant, but deadly tone, steady throughout speaking as he sits up. "Close the window." He finally speaks and the window is slowly closed, the painful grating noise being made heard as it shuts.

Arianna's deep blue eyes remained on the door. The guard had left to attend to the injured newcomer, and it was likely that a healer would have arrived out there by now. She was unsure why they had not entered the throne room, and she sat upon her throne, alone but for Christopher and a servant in the back of the room. She lifted one small hand and brushed a loose lock of light chestnut hair from her face, tucking it delicately behind one ear. She smoothed out the lacy pink fabric of her long dress and shifted her gaze to glance once again towards the balcony. Sunlight streamed in through the glass and she longed to go out there, to feel its warmth directly against her skin, to feel the breeze in her hair. A light sigh escaped her lips before her kind smile reappeared, knowing that newcomers could come in at any moment.

Benton, in the form of a sleek black horse, walked through the streets of the Kingdom. His hooves clopped lightly against the dirt roads and he was careful not to get in anyones way as he walked along. He figured he would make his way to the stables at the inn to change, having stored his clothing in a saddlebag around his waist before shifting forms, and then on to the castle. He had heard that the Queen of this Kingdom would sell him a home, and he wanted a little house to stay in, a little place to call his own. He didn't need anything very big, which was a sad thought, but without Misty and Rayne, there was no need.

Once Benton had shifted back into his human form and dressed himself, he began up the road to the castle. He passed through the front gates and the dirt path became a road of cobblestone. The edges of the beautiful royal gardens lined this path all the way up to the stone steps of the castle itself. He made his way up the steps, pausing for a moment at the large wooden doors before pushing one open and stepping inside. The castle was beautiful, with smooth stone floors, elegant woven tapestries, and high arched ceilings. Another wide set of heavy wooden doors stood in front of him, with ornate designs carved into them. These, he figured, were surely the throne room doors. He neared the doors, looking around slowly. There were people milling about, likely combinations of servants and guards, but none seemed bothered by his presence. He slowly opened the door a crack and looked in.

Arianna looked to the doors as they opened, smiling at the sight of a dark-haired man hesitantly peeking inside. She lifted a hand and waved him forward, watching him slowly slip the rest of the way through the doors. He stepped forward and bowed, and Arianna laughed lightly.

"There is no need to bow," she said softly, and the man rose slowly to his feet.

"My name is Benton, your highness. I am new here and heard that you could sell me a home?" asked Benton, and Arianna gave him a nod.

"I certainly can," she said to him. She picked up the thick blue book and began to flip through it as he said, "I just need something small, no need for extra room."

Arianna flipped through the weathered pages until she found a small, one-bedroom home, and she read out the entry to Benton, who nodded his agreement. She read him off the price and, with that, it was his.

Benton gave the Queen another deep bow before heading out, relieved that it had gone as well as it had. He was now the owner of a small house in town, but it really didn't matter that much to him - very little mattered without his wife and daughter.

The carriage comes to a slow infront of the castle and the carriage driver hops off and quickly ventures out, walking through the crowd to identify the throne room doors in their full glory. He hesitates before shuffling out of the crowd and entering full stride to reach his carriage. He opens the door, the metal grating making him wince in pain but he knew that with a man as renowned as his lord, it was necessary. "Alright, my lord. It is time to go into the castle. I have observed it and have learned where the entrance is. Mind your pace though, there appears to be a commotion of some sort, so try not to run into them, my lord." He states before stepping back, giving Herzius room to step out and stretch, smiling a bit at Herzius' thanks.

Herzius groans as the carriage door opens, watching it grind and wincing as well in response to the noise, his hearing was very sensitive. He looks outside the carriage, letting his eyes adjust before he emerges, his full, gigantic form sliding free from the carriage, actually able to stand taller than it due to his very extreme size. He groans as he leans against the carriage, letting his legs stretch out and grow less tense. Sitting in a carriage all day was hell on the limbs. Herzius lets his eyes adjust once more as he squints, "Tsk, so bright." He says to the driver and the driver actually apologizes. "I am so sorry, my lord. I should have set the carriage under some foliage, my lord." He says, looking at his feet. "Now, no need to worry." He says and pats the driver's back. "Thank you, my lord." He says and turns around, "Follow me, my lord." He says. His repetitive use of my lord noted.

The carriage driver walks forward, moving at a pace appropriate of his lord despite his having to speed up to do so. He enters the castle and nears the throne room, wading through the crowd steadily, not actually needing to part anyone for his lord due to the natural tendencies people have when faced with overtly large creatures or people. To step out of the way and give that thing as much room as possible lest they be trampled. He stops at the doors and looks back to Herzius, hearing his comment about being glad they could get an immediate entry, barely noticing the man who ventures from the closing doors. He looks back at his lord and then steadily opens the doors, taking it slow at the beginning so his lord may hear them. "Your majesty, may I present to you my lord, Herzius Zandinara from the Great Kingdom of Azaria, here to present a time of peace upon your wondrous kingdom." He says in a proud, triumphant voice, matching that of a trumpent call even as he bows slightly, showing his loyalty to his lord.

Herzius eyes had wandered, falling upon the developing scene in the hall, identifying a guard and taking note of the uniform as well as looking at an injured man and a healer, curious to why they are here. He frowns deeply as he hears the throne room doors begin to open and he straightens himself and calms his gaze, looking strong and proud for his kingdom as he steps through the door way. He stands at his full height, back straight, chest out, arms to his side and straight as he begins his noble stride through the doors as they are further opened. His sister had taught him how to present himself in a noble manner. He stoops into a slight bow, showing him to be not a citizen of this kingdom, but an ambassador of another due to his slightness that symbolizes his true loyalty was with another leader. He waits patiently, not wanting to speak until he was spoken to, common courtesy to give to a leader, especially a royal one like a king or queen. Knowing also that only bad luck could befall him if he did indeed look at her or speak before she first spoke to him.

Arianna looked towards the doorway as a man entered, announcing that he was presenting to her the Lord of another Kingdom. Arianna quirked an eyebrow curiously as she heard his remark about presenting a time of peace. Astaeron was, after all, already in a time of peace, for which Arianna was very relieved. Intrigued, she cocked her head cutely to one side as she watched the large man enter - and he was huge. She tried to hold back her surprise so that he would not sense it, for she had not seen someone as tall as him before. She watched the man as he stepped in, very confident of himself and walking proudly, and smiled a bit as he bowed - it was not a deep bow as so many gave her, but a slight one, which was a nice change.

"You may rise," Arianna said in a light, gentle voice. A kind smile filled with warmth was across her pink lips as she gazed towards him with those deep blue eyes, lifting one hand and running it delicately through her thick waves of loose brown hair, letting them tumble over her bare shoulders. "My name is Arianna, welcome to Astaeron," she continued politely, very curious to hear what this man had to say.