The Kingdom of Astaeron

As Fury had gone back to report back to base, the others were, meanwhile, stuck guarding the unusual sight they had been lead to. Boredom overcame one of them, making him practice magic, annoyingly to another. The other two had decided to play a magic game, ignoring the others that seemed to only want to annoy whoever they could. "Cut that out!" The annoyed figure called out to the practicing one. "It's too bright!"

"Oh yeah, buttface?" He replied. "Come over 'ere and make me, or are ya too chicken?"

"You don't talk like that!" The annoyed figure pulled out a staff and aimed the end of it right for his comrade's face.

"ENOUGH!" The two playing the game said as the same time. "This is a mission, take it seriously or get lost!"

"You'll get in trouble for killing me." The man smirked.

"Kill you? No." The annoyed figure puts the staff away. "I intended to make you suffer."

Meanwhile, as Fury neared the location, he waved a hand above him and cast a spell over himself and the horse. To the outside world, he and Ash had vanished, Ash's hooves and neighing were silent, as was Fury's own movements, they also appeared invisible. This was so no one could follow him back to the Guild's sacred place. Fury had been in many battles over the years, and he had seen the mess of mistakes that had failed to uphold the Three Rules. He saw the cave's entrance and called away Ash, landing down on his feet and rising back up to full height.

Fury made his way inside, traversing through the cavern's systems. He could see the markings that had been etched into the walls around him that had been placed centuries ago, to enhance the magic within the holy place, but they were also a trap. Anyone who tried to remove them would, well, he didn't want to think about that. He had already seen an example with a foolish apprentice once, he dared not do it himself. Lights flickered from torches set within the area, the place had a certain feel to it that the Guild had gotten used to, intruders were never welcome, and he knew the master had dealt with many in his lifetime.

Fury stops before one of the master's speakers, an elderly looking man who was one of the few selected personally by the master himself. They were the ones you would speak to if you wished to inform the Fallen One of anything. "I have news for the master." Fury spoke. "We have found the place where the person from the town of heroes currently rests in a deep slumber."

"You can confirm this?" Burftin spoke, an unusual name to call someone by, but the man did have a tendency to over-drink in his old age.

"I can. I was one of the few who saw the object's completion." Fury stated.

"I will inform the master and return with news." Burftin rose from the floor, hiccuping as an empty bottle fell from his hand. "Oops."

"Why did the master choose you of all people?" Fury asked.

"Because I am loyal, I have proved myself over the years for the Guild." Burfitn hiccuped again. "You on the other hand, have not been so loyal at heart."

"Do not speak of things you do not know about, lest I cut thy tongue out myself for bringing my wrath upon thee." Fury meant business, and Burftin knew he was no match against such a superior foe. Burftin begins to move, staggering and nearly falling as he did.

"You got the scars to prove it though." Burftin hiccuped, Fury glaring at the man's back as he stumbled out of sight, but his voice echoed back for one more taunt. "You know there are members stronger than you, heehee!"

"Yes I know." Fury whispered, his eyes glowing as smoke escaped from the sides of his mouth while he spoke. "You are not one of them."

Herzius closes his eyes for a moment, clicking his tongue once and seeing the room, doing this so as to be polite and not look around the large room, knowing it to be disrespectful. His eyes open as he slowly rises and he watches her for a moment as she speaks out to him, his gaze steady. "Ah, well, hello there Queen Arianna. Welcome indeed. From what I have seen, the kingdom looks quite prosperous. You're obviously not in a time of war, which is good for any kingdom. I am Herzius, the first chairman of my kingdom and the General of her great legions." He says, his voice slow and steady, guiding his tone as he watches her, the words flowing off his tongue steadily, deliberately as he chooses his words carefully. His eyes shine brilliantly, the purple wrapping tightly around the pink and his hair is slightly spiked at the front, showing that he accepts this as a formal, important event.

Herzius leans down, looking at his carriage driver and whispers something quietly in his ear. "Y..Yes, my lord." He says and steps backwards until he reaches the door before quickly spinning and exiting through the large doors. He was obviously versed well in how to act. He pushes through the crowd and heads to the carriage, reaching inside once the door grinds open and he readies Herzius' things, preparing to unload soon in the case that they are given a place to stay. He quickly exits and shuts the door, wincing once more as he does. He mounts the carriage and waits, crossing his arms over his knees as he leans down, resting himself.

Herzius watches the Queen Arianna for a few seconds before lowering his gaze. "Now that we are alone." He says as he walks forward, standing just feet from her throne now. "I wish to discuss my Queen's intent for this." He says, "I'll keep calm for this part, as it seems necessary when dealing with a kingdom. Though... Observations can be attained if things go sour." He says. "Now, my Queen wishes for this kingdom to become an ally. On, my side of the world, there are many wars. And an untouched kingdom such as this would be very useful to have on our side. You will be rewarded if this occurs, but, my Queen is not patient. If she wants something, she shall only negotiate for so long." He says, not yet mentioning the forces marching here, nor mentioning the other chairmen until asked or needed for threatening purposes.

Arianna raised an eyebrow as Herzius drew nearer, still smiling pleasantly as she listened to his words. The way he spoke made it seem as though dealing with others was difficult, as though many were quick to refuse his proposition. She was quiet, waiting until he had finished and considering his words as he spoke. Once he had finished, she gave him a smile and ran her hand through her hair, leaning forwards just slightly so she could flutter her shimmering silvery-white wings as she began with her questions regarding his statements.

"May I ask what you mean when you refer to Astaeron as an 'untouched Kingdom'? We are no different from any other Kingdoms, at least, not that I've seen, so I'm a bit uncertain what you're saying," she said to him in her sweet, melodic voice, still smiling warmly.

Fury was, er, furious with the situation. He cracked his knuckles as he waited for the drunken fool to trip and stumble his way back, Fury knew he had to contain his rage inside for now, patience would win his way to the top. He had, after all, waited and built up his strength all this time, his plan was bound to succeed. For a moment, he felt the scars burn on his chest for a moment, and the words on that day, from his mouth, when he go them. 'Never forget.' The words started off. 'You have a place, as do all of us. If you try to reach what you can't obtain, you'll be succumbed by it.' Fury's eyes glowed again briefly, as he hated the outcome of that situation and how powerless he felt that day.

Before Fury could think any further on the matter, the stumbling idiot came back and fell to the ground, hiccuping with glee. "Yoes can bo 'ack nyw." The drunken man passed out where he lay, causing Fury to roll his eyes before heading off for the entrance. Before reaching it, he snaps his fingers again and casts the same spell as before over himself, hiding his presence, and summoning Ash back to this world, also casting the spell over it. He mounts it's back and rides off back towards the cave, step one of his plan was complete. It was time for step two, the tricky part.

Meanwhile, the four were still waiting on Fury's return, all four of them playing a game now. "Dragon to square five!" One of them called out, as a tiny little dragon piece moves itself over to the square, knocking aside a dark wizard in the process.

"No, not Sir Everlong!" Another said, saddened to see his precious dark wizard piece shatter upon making impact with the floor.

"Serves ya right! . . .Wait, you name them?" The first asked.

"Yes! Doesn't everyone?! Everlong was my favorite! Because --"

"He was going to live forever?" The first interrupted the second.

"Get out of my head!"

"Would you two stop already?" The third spoke out. "Water Elemental to square four!" The water elemental piece does just that, knocking off a dwarf piece in the process.

"No! Not Hammy!" The second proclaims.

"Your own fault." The four stated. "You suck at this game!"

"This is why I don't play Wizard Board!" The second moves his arms across his chest.

"You know why it's called Wizard Board?" The first asked.

"No, why?"

"Because wizards only, fool."

Reactions: Spoopy
He watches her as he finishes speaking, his eyes dancing with a keen intellect, though he was definitely no scholar. Little to her knowledge, she was correct, many had refused his offers, that is why he was so steady forthis proposal. Normally he was sent in to threaten enemy kingdoms, he rarely ever arrived first, Shardas was the kind one. He was much more tricky than Herzius as well. He would say one thing and do another, he was known as the blade for a reason. Yes, Herzius would much rather he be here doing these negotiations than he. They'd likely go much smoother, and without risk of him losing patience and threatening the kingdom. That would be, unfortunate. But would not be the first time that it had occurred with him. The Queen wouldn't mind too much, all this kingdom had that she wanted was numbers, and support. If lucky they'd have some special units.

He smiles as she finishes speaking, enjoying her voice as he watches her, noting her wings even in all their glory. She was a creature he had not seen before. It was not uncommon for people in his kingdom to have them, there were many races, the Anilat especially had very fleshy, large bat like wings. And some had feathered wings as well, but none had wings like her own. Wings of an insect. "You've yet to have a brutal war." He says, "You've not seen your castle invaded and lived to tell the tale. Your right hand hasn't been killed. Your royal guard is still alive, not yet replaced other than those who have simply grown too old." He says and lowers his gaze in thought, "A kingdom gains it's name when it's lived through these terrible things." He says.

"Recently, our kingdom was invaded, by a rebel group. Our royal guard was decimated. Our main army was not in range to reach us in time. Many men died. I am the last of the older royal guard. How I survived, well, it's not the prettiest story." He says, "Needless to say, I watched my men die. I watched men that I trained for years, from their childhood die. That is what makes a kingdom a true kingdom. When the soldier give their final breaths to protect it and succeed." He says, "Our legions are numbered in the hundreds of thousands, so, we had always been the types to attack, not be invaded. But, these men. These rebels. They wanted to watch everyone die. They wanted slaughter. It's a sad sight, but it is true." He says. "My Queen gave me an order to ally you. Will you accept my offer?" He asks her, watching her with shining eyes, eyes filled with an immense passion, showing his love for his kingdom and Queen, and his loyalty to them.

Arianna's sweet smile faded into a saddened frown as she listened to his words. The events of which he spoke were tragic, and Arianna could see as he spoke that he had clearly been through a great deal back in his home Kingdom. She could see it in his strange eyes which, though she'd never say it, almost reminded her of the Royal Gardens, with their swirls of violet and rose.

"It's clear to me that you have not taken the time to look into the history of my Kingdom," Arianna said softly, smiling a bit. "Ancestors of mine have ruled this Kingdom through times of war, we are simply in a time of peace now, and I pray that it will last." She brushed another lock of hair from her face as she gazed towards him, still smiling. "If our Kingdoms are allied, what would you want from us?

Fury dismounts Ash as Ash leaves this world again, Fury reappearing to the world as he heads inside. He sees the four sleeping on the ground, raising one of his brows and stomping his right foot on the ground, as the ground shakes wildly and wakes up the four. All of them stand up as Fury rubs his chin slowly. "You four should save the sleeping for when we get that person out tonight."

"You mean the big man approves of the plan?" The first figure asked.

"Yes, he does." Fury responded with a smile. "So now all we have to do is find someone who can open this thing up."

"Uh, but how?" The second figure asked. "I mean, isn't it enchanted to not open?"

"That is true." Fury looks over to the large blue boulder made of blue gems. "It is protected from any outside interference. Observe." Fury aims his palm casually at it and a lightning bolt appears from seemingly out of nowhere from in front of his palm, crashing into the blue boulder and causing a large explosion. The four figures move their arms over their faces as they are consumed by the resulting smoke, Fury lowers his arm and snaps his fingers, a quick gust of wind sweeps the smoke out of the area as the four are surprised to see the blue boulder unharmed.

"Impossible!" The third figure said. "Not even your magic could harm it!"

"I held back, of course." Fury was quick to note. "But it proves my point. No amount of physical, brute strength, or powerful arcane magic can hope to harm it. The enchantment has grown with time, and whoever performed this knew the right spell to cast on it."

"So it's not the magic that is protecting it." The fourth figure stated. "It's the spell that has made it so endurable to even time itself."

"Precisely the point." Fury walks over to the blue boulder and runs his hand over it's top. "Whoever is inside must of been of great importance to receive the object we seek. It must be a great hero of legend locked inside here, I have no doubt about that. This person comes from a place of heroes, where legends are born, warriors are made and where you can find the heads of furious monsters of most kinds."

"The typical dragon?" The first figure asked.

"Indeed."

"The eye of a giant one-eyed monster?" The second asked.

"Precisely."

"The bones of a god?!" Everyone gave the third figure a strange look. ". . .What?"

"You think a god is so easy to kill?" Fury asked. "A god is immortal! A god cannot be slain so easily, defeated or beaten, perhaps, but to kill one has never been done."

"If any even exist." The fourth commented.

"You there!" Fury points to the fourth. "Give me your name."

"I don't got one. Call me Scar, that's what I go by now."

"Because of a noticeable scar on your body?"

"You could say that." Scar pulls down his hood to reveal his bald, scarred up head. His skin was as pale as a ghost, his scars that ran along his head in a snake's pattern and one of his eyes was missing a pupil in it. "I've had a troubling experience in my lifetime. The world's tops are seen as beautiful, majestic, graceful or breath taking. But the world is just as full of hideous, malformed and in my case, scarred individual's. I've fought my way to where I am now, erased my past and have been reborn as something new."

"I look forward to seeing you in the Guild, Scar." Fury was surprised, he hadn't expected to find anyone among newcomers that had caught his interest. Fury knew in his heart that Scar was the perfect candidate for a new apprentice, one who could help move his plans along into place. "As for the rest of you, look to Scar as an example."

"Let's get back on track here." The first one rudely said. "Who in this world can open it then?"

"A select few, young one." Fury snaps his fingers as a bat poofs before him, but it did not appear to be a normal bat, the four caught on to that quickly. It was a bat from another place, like Ash, it seemed that the rumors were true, Fury had obtained some valuable things for himself. Pointing to the blue gems, the bat moves over and examines them, making little odd noises every time it moved from one to the other. Once it was done, it flew back up to Fury's eye level.

"Where in this world did you obtain such odd summons?" The third asked.

"Best not to know, young one." Fury pulls out some paper and runs his fingers gently across it, words appearing and vanishing on it as he ran his fingers down until the paper was full. Rolling it up and handing it to the bat, it's little feet clamp onto it and hold the paper with a firm grasp. "Go and seek one who fits the descriptions required to open this thing, and make sure this person gets the message, no one else." Casting his spell over the bat, it vanishes from sight, flying off unseen to all but it's master.

"How will it find one who can open this?" The second asked..

"Spells are not set into stone, they can be adjusted and worked around with." Fury puts his arms behind his back. "My spell will only reveal the creature and it's note to the person who fits the requirements needed, no one else can see or even hear it coming. Make sure it never finds you asleep." Fury smirks teasingly, as the four all were left to think if this was a joke or a warning.

He watches her gorgeous face and her perfectly designed lips as she responds and he lowers his gaze, "I do apologize. We have not received reports of any histories. It was difficult enough to find your kingdom." He responds, his eyes gleaming, "And, as well, where I come from. Each new generation is considered a new dynasty." He says, "Next time my tongue wont be so hasty to determine if such a thing is true. However, I would indeed like to read up on your histories if I were to be given such a chance." He raises a brow in questioning and then frowns, slowly beginning to pace side to side, staring forward, as if in deep thought.

He stops after a minute or so and turns to face the beautiful Queen, he abhorred lying, so, he thought it best to speak honestly, lest he hate himself. "My Queen wishes for our Kingdom to grow stronger. And what better way is there to do that than ally or destroy all other kingdoms?" He asks her, his eyes locked with her own. "In my Queen's eyes, this kingdom is a source of fresh men. As well as a way to symbolize our kingdom's strength. If we become allied, then we shall reward you, generously." He says to her. "Though, of course, if you do not ally us, there are bad effects as well." He says, his eyes sparkling. "I don't believe I must tell you those, do I?" He questions finally.

He crosses his arms and watches her, "Now, if I am to be staying here for a continued time, I am in need of housing, nothing too abundant, just a small place for my carriage driver and I to stay. Of course, an extra large bed is in need for me." He shrugs his shoulders simply as he watches her. "I understand if you do not decide to allow me such a thing. Our conversation is tense, but I would much rather sleep inside than deal with making shelter outside." He says, slowly uncrossing his arms and watching her, his eyes partially squinted as he stares at her.

Arianna listened intently, smiling sweetly and nodding slightly as he finished speaking.

"Housing arrangements can certainly be made, I'll look and see what I can find," she said to him, flipping open her blue book, relieved that she had yet to put it away. "So, are you saying that your Queen wishes to ally with us in order to gain access to our men as soldiers? As resources?" she asked, speaking as her hands delicately turned the pages, fingers lightly pinching each weathered sheet and brushing it daintily to the other side. Her blue eyes scanned up and down the pages, searching for something that would satisfy him during his stay.

As Fury, Scar and the others were preparing for that night, the bat flew into Astaeron territory, everyone being unaware of it's presence due to the spell placed on it and such. It looked over many people, many residents, but found that none could see it. So it headed off for the castle, finding itself strangely drawn toward it. Flying it's way inside, it didn't take long to search before it found two people in a throne room, the woman was the one who caught it's eye. Flying up a good distance and putting the note in it's mouth, it watches the two silently and patiently. The men in the room would find they could not see it, nor detect it's presence, the Queen however, could see and hear it. In fact, she was the only one who could out of them all.

He watches her as she speaks and smiles, "Good, I had thought you would be kind enough to do such a thing." He states, glad that she were to be so kind as to give him housing and actually search for a place for him, having not expected her to do much more than point him in direction of an inn to say or something similar to such a thing. He decides that he should be humble and smiles, "You don't have to do much, anything will do really." He says, smiling at her in a modest way, different than his business smirk, one of which shows that he is in control.

He frowns, looking down and clicking his tongue gently, his eyes shutting as he observes the room from within his own, colorless world. "I am saying that if my Queen gets her way, she will have control of some of your troops if she calls for them. She.... Well, she is very.... Harsh to those who do not follow her instruction.... But, she is... She is quite rewarding to those who do." He says, "Of course, there is the option of not allying her... But... I don't suggest that.... I'd rather not slaughter your citizens. I've taken a liking to you thus far, so please, try to thoroughly follow the matter at hand. You do not need to follow her directives, but you must... Play that game with her..." He says, his eyes sparkling.

Arianna cutely quirked one eyebrow at his words. Her sparkling ocean eyes rose from the old book in her lap and shifted back towards Herzius, and her head tilted slightly to one side, brown locks tumbling in that direction.

"So your intentions if I refused your offer would be to destroy everything?" she asked, trying to hide her amusement. It seemed so drastic a move for something as small as refusing to be allies. "I have no problems with your terms, I ask only that your Queen refrain from requesting our aid unless in desperate need. My men are not strong soldiers as they are not expected or needed to be. She would be much better off asking that we send healers than soldiers." With that, she turned her gaze downwards again to find him a house to stay in while here.

The bat, meanwhile, perches itself up high and watches over the conversation. As far as it knew, as long as The Guild was not threatened, it was none of their business, this much the creature knew. Something had drawn it to the castle though, perhaps this Queen of a kingdom, who appeared mainly human, except for her wings. A mixed kingdom, it had not seen one of these for sometime now, and it wondered to itself, what put this sole woman in power. But those thoughts quickly passed by, it needed to only wait until the man left, then it could confirm it's suspicions.

He smiles at her as she does this, finding her to be quite adorable as she moves, unable to help but appreciate her pure, lustful beauty and his eyes sparkle. "My intent...? No... My intent is not to destroy your kingdom. It's just what she wishes. Unfortunately, I must obey my Queen's orders." He states simply. his eyes unfurling in a delicate way. "I don't wish to cause you any harm, it is not my type of work. Shardas is meant to be here. Not me. He's the type to negotiate, I just ensure that if things go wrong, I destroy them." He says, his eyes twisting in an odd way, moving slowly now as he takes a small inhale.

He looks at her and nods, "Good. I am very glad you chose such a thing." He says, "Also, I will send word to the Queen about such a thing. She will likely be willing to take that offer. Do you have mages? She is interested in the use of magical armies." he says, "I disagree with her, but of course, she is indeed the Queen. She even threatened to get a new general if I didn't accept her wishes." He states with a frown. "It is an odd endeavor indeed." he says, smiling a bit.

Arianna smiled back at him, noting the sparkle in his mysterious eyes. She continued to flip through the book, trying to ignore the little bat that had flown in. She would shoo it off once Herzius was done.

"We do have mages, though again, their power is mainly in the healing arts. To heal and to repair, rather than to destroy and kill..."
Her voice trailed off as her eyes fell upon one entry, and she looked up at him for a moment. "Two bedrooms, one of which is particularly large, you know, Master bedroom...two washrooms, a kitchen, and an extra room for either dining room or living room, or storage. How does that sound?" she asked him, a grin coming across those sweet pink lips.

He watches her as he speaks, hearing the flutter of the bat's wings and he looks, mumbling something about a similarity before looking back at her. "Ah, I see. Well, Healers will have to do until we are in desperate need." He says, "Then, well. We will ask for soldiers. Do you perhaps wish for anything in return for becoming our allies? I am of course, not the best at the equal exchange, but I can certainly put in word to Shardas." He says, crossing his arms over his chest as he makes this offer unto her, thoroughly wishing to offer the most he can to her due to the fact that he had threatened her just moments before.

"Hm, that sounds perfect." He says, "Much more than I could have hoped to have received. Normally I stay in inns or something like them, rarely ever do I hope to stay in an actual home." He smiles a bit, as in thanks, admiring her beautiful grin, the corner of his lips pulling into a small half-smile. "Thank you for your kindness, it is truly something I had not expected. I rarely ever go to places that have such kind leaders. Or if I do, they're very, very angry." he states, "Especially whenever they hear that the Harbinger draws near." His gaze lowers and his face grows upset, his eyes growing saddened, "Rarely ever do I go to a kingdom without killing, so, this will be... Refreshing." He says and raises his eyes. He actually enjoyed war, to no end, but he had fond that if he plays the soft heart to those who are similarly soft, he can get further with them than if he had played his normal hand.

Arianna smiled brightly towards him, her grin revealing her straight white teeth momentarily before she closed the book. Her wings fluttered lightly as she bent forward to set the book down on the floor beside her throne, her long hair falling all in her face and in front of her. She giggled a bit, more to herself than with the intention of being audible, sitting upright again and using both hands to draw the hair back from her face, letting it fall around her shoulders again.

"It'll only be one hundred gold for the month," she said to him. "Is there - ah - any chance you'll be staying longer than a month? Because the house will be one hundred gold per month, so..." Arianna's voice trailed off a bit and she smiled kindly towards him, eyes sparkling as she looked towards the unbelievably tall man.

He watches her beautiful form and he watches her with a face full of admiration before dropping his gaze with a frown, unable to help but enjoy her beauty and he wonders if she's charmed him, frowning deeply at the thought and closing his eyes, clicking his tongue to see if the bat is still there, finding it is a smile touches his lips, he had always loved bat's such wonderful creatures. Using the same echo location that his kind did and he recalls the legend of the chimera that their kind descended from. A story indeed, but one that was quite entertaining, at least to him.

His brow raises, "Quite cheap indeed." He remarks with a small smile and chuckling a bit. "It is certainly a possibility for me to stay that long, and I have plenty of gold, so, no worries." He says. "I would be glad to pay, help the kingdom even so slightly." He states with a small smile, just watching her. "So, tell me if I am wrong. The kindness. It's a farce, isn't it?" He asks her, "You actually enjoy seeing people in pain, do you not?" He questions, tilting his head to the side in response, having noticed something about the way she looked at him upon saying it charged over 100 gold a month, as if she enjoyed the thought of him struggling to pay.

Arianna blinked in surprise at his words, and she quickly shook her head. She glanced briefly up at the strange little bat, noticing that it seemed to be carrying something. Perhaps it was a sort of messenger bat with a note for her. She'd have to check once Herzius left.

"Oh, absolutely not," she said to him, running one hand tentatively through her brown locks. "If I wasn't genuinely this kind my Kingdom would hardly be what it is now. Which reminds me - er - perhaps sometime, after you're settled, you'd be interested in coming back and seeing the Royal Library? I know you mentioned being interested in learning a bit about our history, and I'd be happy to show you..." Arianna's voice trailed off again and she felt her cheeks heating up slightly, her shimmering wings fluttering anxiously. She immediately regretted the offer, worried he wouldn't be interested.

He smiles a bit, watching her surprise and then shrugs his shoulders a bit, raising a brow, "Hm, you never know." He says, "There are several ways to lead a kingdom. Though, those who are sadistic, or twisted, tend to be the best off, at least, military wise." He says to her, "You're not, you're not good with war at all, are you?" He asks, and listens to her speak before smiling, "Hm, do you want me to come back here after I finish unpacking, or... Would you rather send someone to me, as escort?" He asks her, smiling brightly at the thought.

He observes her almost, anxious look and a smile pulls at the corner of his lips as he watches, wondering why her cheeks grew slightly more flush and wondering why she seems so, off put now. "Of course, if you were just offering out of kindness.... I will be quite willing to decline, if that's what you want." He says, watching her with a frown, not used to people actually enjoying his company. Most people didn't talk to him, due to size, and even less would talk to him if they learned his name, or his title.