The Kingdom of Astaeron

Sepiroth hesitates when the queen stops him, he smiles self contentiously. "well..if you are sure.." he says quietly. Sepiroth blinks in surprise as the stylish women offers to wait with him, he tilts his head a little. "well..if you'd like to.." he smiles, but he can sense her curiously about his home. He must tread carefully, and tread well around her. A person he once knew- a manipulative young man- once told him. 'only tell falsities that are practical, the more practical they are.. the less people are gonna question, and save the big ones for when you need 'em most! A good liar knows when to lie, and when to keep their trap shut.' Sepiroth resists a groan that threatens to escape his lips when he hears the young man's voice. 'and where did that get you in the end..Dio?' he thinks to himself.

He blinks as the little girl nearly collapses, watching everyone else spring into action. He however is frozen in place, unable to act and unable to move. An emotion passes through his eyes, fast and hard to pinpoint. Then just like that it is gone and he draws a sharp intake of breath, feeling his ears ring and his head ache. 'no..' he thinks to himself. 'not now!' he takes a few deep breathes and keeps himself calm, outwardly no one would notice what troubles him. He bites his lip as he watches. "is there..anything I can do to help?" he'll have to make up an excuse to his lord, and pray that his lord will forget by the time he has totally recovered from his injuries.

"I.. need to go and get some ingredients anyway.. so I'll be trekking the dark forest for a little while in my search.." the search to find the last two ingredients, sun flower and the rare Nym root. A panacea for the greatest of ills, or poison for the strongest of minds. He pauses a little, content in the knowledge that only he knows what he will seek... and yet, he wants to help someone.. maybe to prove to himself that he does have a little free will in his heart, that he is not a total object of his king. He breaks out of his thoughts. "is there.. anything I can get to help?"

Celeste was overjoyed with the Queen offer. "i would be more than happy to look after her." She looked at the synth girl with a wide smile. " You can join us too, i might have a vast knowledge of medicine, but i don't know much about her magic. It's killing her, and she needs someone to guide her on how to use it." She turned back to the Queen. " If that is alright with you your majesty." Celeste put the bracelet on the girl. The bracelet glowed green to indicate that is was already healing her body, slowly but surely.

Celeste looked at the silver haired boy and nodded.
" I will be brewing her an herbal tea and making a special stew to give her strength. I have most of the special ingredients expect for a flower that only grows in this region. It abundant but only grows were there is patches of blue stemmed fungi that is indigenous to this area. It you come across it could you bring a few please?" She was happy that she had grabbed an opportunity to see the young man again. She picked up the little girl and stood up.

Celeste winked at the boy and turned to the girl and the queen and bowed before following the Queen's servant to the room.

Arianna smiled as she watched Celeste leave with the little girl. She stood and returned to her throne, noticing that yet another newcomer had arrived. She smiled towards the girl with the cute pointed ears as she saw down lightly upon the throne, running one light hand through her light chestnut locks before picking up the weathered old book from where it had fallen.

"Is anyone else needing a home while I have this old thing out?" asked the Queen with an airy, musical laugh and a warm smile to those who were still there.

Karine nodded to the man as he left with the healer and the young mage, though she didn't smile. Their magic would take them on a different path than hers, and there was nothing in the way of healing that Karine could do for spiritual wounds, though physical injuries could take some aid from her magic in binding them with cloth to keep limbs splinted or gashes from bleeding. She regarded the queen as the beautiful woman spoke, offering help to the others in the room. Knowing that the danger and pressing issues had been tended, Karine had no problem stepping forward and acknowledging her needs.

"Your majesty," she addressed the queen respectfully, her skirts swinging gracefully as she curtsied and giving her gesture a more grand air. "I have come to seek asylum in Astaeron from the mage-hunters in the city of Lorwick, in a far distant kingdom. I am a tailor mage, skilled in the creation of garments both natural and magical. I had hoped that I might purchase a building from which to offer my services, perhaps with a suite above." Karine stood with her hands clasped behind her back, waiting for the queen's reply.

Arianna quirked one eyebrow as she listened tot he words of the woman who had stepped forward. Again, this woman mentioned distant kingdoms and Arianna became curious, though her previous words had put her off this particular Kingdom.

"Mage-hunters? My goodness," murmured the Queen, shaking her head slightly. "I believe I may have exactly what you're looking for, allow me to just take a look," she continued, flipping through a few more pages in the book quite intently. She knew exactly what she was looking for, she just had to find it - an elderly shopkeeper had passed away a few months ago and her building remained vacant. It was, Arianna was certain, exactly what this newcomer would be looking for.

Delphine was walking through the pristine streets of Astaeron's town square. She walked with a purpose but in all reality she didn't really have one, all she knew was that she had money in her pocket and she was going to spend it. Of course she also knew she couldn't take forever, her companion awaited her on the edges of the sunny forest. Walking further into the square she began to hear the calls of people selling things, and the rich scent of food drifting out of inns and stalls. Taking a big breath, she tried to find something that piqued her interest.The scent of pumpkin and nutmeg filtered through her nose, she let out a sigh she walked toward the smell. Coming to a stall that was selling small bags of roasted nuts, she ordered two bags.

"Two silver coins," The man at the stall said with a smile, holding in one hand the bags and with the other he held it out palm up. She grabbed her coin purse out from between her breasts, smirking at the stall owner as his eyes widened. Delphine had learned that hiding it there was the best way to never lose it or to have it taken from her. Handing him the coins in his palm and then putting back her purse, he gave her the bags.

She let out an excited squeal, opening one of the bags and chewing down on the first nut she got. It was a warm, spicy pumpkin seed; it almost melted in her mouth. Closing her eyes in bliss she heard the man cough, obviously trying to get her attention. Opening one eye she smirked at him, swallowed the chewed nut, and spoke with a cat like voice, "These are delicious, I might be back later for more. OH! And what is the best place here to get weapons and a good meal?"

"For weapons go further down the street, there is a blacksmith near one of the stables. And for a good meal, mind you its not the cheapest, 'The Inn' is the best place. Follow the scent of baked bread and loud laughter and you should find it." He spoke with a smile and a chuckle, pointing down the street. Delphine gave him a wink, walking away from the stand. Of course finding the place she was looking for was not hard at all, due to the fact that she could hear and smell better than most regular humans. Coming up to the blacksmith, she began to rummage through stacks of steel short swords and daggers. Testing weight and the feeling of the weapon's. Feeling eyes on her she turned to look at a sturdy looking woman, who was covered in sweat and smelled strongly of ashes. She smiled at her, "Just looking for something to protect me, but it also needs to be able to take the strain of doing day to day things."

"Then you are looking in the right area, those are all samson steel, strong and sturdy, they also don't wear out real easy. The edge should stay sharp, unless you are cutting into bones constantly, but you don't look like the type to do something stupid like that." The woman let out a booming laugh. "Feel free to ask questions, and to test those on the wooden posts over there."

Delphine thanked her and went back to looking for something that appealed to her. Suddenly a consciousness made its way into her mind, for a second Del blocked it until she recognized the its owner.

Make sure you don't go too far away. The voice spoke with a rasp of concern. If you go too far I will not be able to contact you or help if you need it.

Calm down Kaeomi. Del comforted her companion. I will stay where you can contact and see me. Don't you worry.

I will always worry young one. Kaeomi mumbled, then flashed an image of her holding Del tight in her talons. I will not let you be gone so much once you come back, I will not let you out of my sight little bird.

Delphine smiled, feeling her heart warm up at her dragonesses compassion and love. She felt the same way towards her, they were family. Of course she had never been away from Kaeomi this long before, she hadn't seen her dragoness for at least three days. It definitely was weird. She missed sleeping under the warm wings of her companion. I will be back by tomorrow hopefully, now let me get back to my shopping feather butt. With that she disconnected their contact and went back to going through the weapons.

While Arius did indeed need a home she said nothing and quickly followed the woman called Celeste and the little girl who had yet to move. It made Arius worry but also as she passed the Queen she growled, it was extremely unladylike and slightly terrifying, how could a human being growl like that? Although the growl wasn't directed at the Queen Arius made no point in saying the pretty winged woman hadn't been the target either. This little girl...she's throwing me off... It's a simple thought that passes through her mind and makes Arius scold herself inwardly. She wasn't 'human' anymore, so why couldn't she simply discard her emotions?

Arius would be taking souls of those who died or were destined to die, with or without the Queen's permission...how could she bear that burden if she didn't discard unnecessary things? The woman with black hair, dressed in black, with those luminescent green eyes followed Celeste finally managing to find her brain able to answer the stylish woman.
"I...Shall stay with you to watch over the little girl, and we can ask her who she will choose to stay with; if she even deigns to stay with one of us. Also...I noticed you looking at my scythe, it's...nothing for you to fear yet. Apparently Death is a Demon...and I am...a Demon in all sense of the word that this weapon has chosen to guide and take lives of those meant to die, otherwise I cannot harm anyone, unless they wish me harm." It's not a long explanation but it's the most that Arius has talked in five years; so her voice cracks a bit and she coughs slightly to clear the crack.

Sepiroth nods at the stylish women's words, he thinks he may know of the plant in mind. "consider it done." he says with a slight smile. "I will be back soon." he laughs softly when she winks at him. 'she reminds me a lot of someone..' he thinks to himself before walking out the room and breaking into a run once he's out the castle.

He heads to the dark forest, starting to sweat slightly as he feels the change take a hold of him. He collapses to the floor and grits his teeth as his body begins to change, he stops himself from crying out in agony until.. the change is complete.

He sits up and whines quietly, flicking his tail from left to right. He carefully picks his bag up in his jaws and starts to sprint through the woods, memories flash through his mind but he pushes them back. He cannot succumb now, he needs to wait a little longer. Soon he will finally be at peace anyway and nothing will matter to him any more. All he needs is the sunflower and nym root, but first he has that request.

It takes him a while until he finds the needed flower, he gently reaches in and clasps it between his teeth. Carefully he pulls it out and drops it into his bag, he pants a little as he casts a quick gaze around. He could have sworn he saw a glimpse of a leathery wing, and strands of red. 'so, you wish to play..Nightengale?' he growls a little. 'I have no time for you yet, but your death will come..' with that Sepiroth once again picks up the bag, carefully now it has the flower, between his teeth and starts to make his way back.. never once casting a glance behind him.

A smile came across Arianna's face as she found the particular building she was looking for. She smiled as she shifted her sapphire gaze up to the tailor mage, placing a finger over the entry in her thick book.

"The bottom floor of this house has a shop layout, including a counter, a back room, and washrooms. The upper floor has a kitchen, a bedroom, and a third room that could be used as a dining room, a sitting room, another bedroom, a sewing room, anything you want," said the Queen with the smile still on her lips. "It isn't directly on one of the main streets, but it's close enough that people could easily find it."

Karine nodded at the queen's explanation, impressed by the kingdom's organization in compiling such useful information to help newcomers. The mage valued order, and found herself feeling very respectful towards the queen. "That sounds like a very workable location, your majesty," she replied. Plans began to run through her head, imagining how she would set up her shop now that she could openly advertise her magical services. It would be a relief not to hide in the back room, surreptitiously delivering magicked items in protected bags.

"How much would it be to purchase the building?" Karine asked. She had expected a longer wait before a suitable location was available, and was glad that she might be able to settle the matter that day.

Arianna smiled, shifting her gaze back down towards the thick book only momentarily before returning it to Karina.

"It would be two thousand, five hundred gold," she said, "but you can cover that with minimal monthly payments of one hundred and ten gold until the full amount is paid off. I'm sure that will be easy, especially if I learn that your work is of good enough quality to earn my business," Arianna added with a musical laugh and a bright grin.

Though Karine could have paid off the amount at once, it would not have been wise to spend all of her savings and not have the money to buy materials for her work. She assumed that the shop was not outfitted for a tailor, so there was equipment to buy as well. The sense of security owning the building outright would give her was not worth hampering her ability to make more profit.

After a moment's contemplation Karine nodded to the queen, curtsying again as she said, "A payment plan sounds most agreeable," she said. "I would love the opportunity to design and create garments for your majesty in the future," she added, knowing that such an offer was worth more than gold. With a small gesture a previously invisible seam in her dress, near the waist, split open. Karine drew a small purse from the opening and carefully counted out the first payment for the queen, offering it to the guard who waited near the woman. It was very helpful to be able to keep her money safe from pickpockets, which is why she felt safe carrying such a large sum on her person.

"I would appreciate being able to see the building now, if your majesty could arrange that. The only responsibility I have is retrieving my horse from an inn's stable." She did her best to smile, though the continued pleasantries were beginning to grate on her nerves.

Arianna smiled warmly and nodded quickly as the guard accepted the money.

"Absolutely," she said. She lifted her hand and a tiny sparkle of white magic appeared, looking almost like a tiny pixie as it flew off to summon a servant. "A servant will be here momentarily to show you to the building, and don't forget, my favourite colour is pink," Arianna said with an almost childlike giggle, a sparkle in her blue eyes. "I really can't wait to see your work. There aren't many good seamstresses and tailors in town, and the ones there are tend to use many of the same patterns quite repetitively."

Surely enough, a servant came in a moment later. Arianna beckoned him to her and pointed at the entry in the book, and the servant nodded, politely turning to Karine.
"I will show you the way to your new home now, ma'am," he said courteously, and Arianna gave Karine a warm smile.

Still perfectly unmoving, I lay calmly in the arms of Celeste until I'm deposited in the guest room bed. Thanks to the efforts of everyone involved, my body slowly found its way to a better condition. Mana began flowing through me once more as my body repaired itself. It would not be long before I awoke.

15 minutes after the incident occurred, I rose my head. My fever is gone? All the injuries I got from the fight are gone? I'm laying in bed? Just what happened? Oh, right. I was giving the scroll to the queen, when suddenly I fainted. I wipe at my face, not wanting the remnants of my tears to remain there. I wasn't even thinking before, but I took on too much again. I should have stopped to rest before seeing the queen, and instead I tried to be tough and embarrassed myself. Well, no use beating myself up about it. Raising from under the covers sleepily, I open my eyes, rubbing at them and yawn. Once I'm fully awake, I see some unfamiliar, no wait, I know them from somewhere. Were they waiting to see the queen? "Ummmm, hello?"

Celeste understood the girl completely. She wanted until the girl woke up which was not long. She was opening the door, when the girl was calling out for someone. She had left to the cook her a stew full of nourishment. Her golem was carrying the small pot while celeste had 3 bowls and spoons for everyone. " I see that you are awake. You gave everyone quite a scare." celelste was not mad at her, no where close. She wondered where her parents or guardian was. The world was no place for a lone young girl, especially not a mage. From experience traveling mages were targeted by small kingdoms with few warriors and nearby mage tower templars.

Celested hated Templars, they were one of the few people she ever thought about killing on sight. They were arrogant, sheepish, and hateful towards anything magical, mainly mages. templars were the misguided humans, having the mindset that all mages were evil and needed to be locked up in mage towers or killed. Templars anti-magic knowledge was powerful, but now that she had two centuries of magical knowledge, she had no problem bringing down whole armies of templars on a full moon.

Celeste realized she was getting sidetracked.
" i brought you some stew. Eat up." she filled up a bowl and gave it to the girl. " it will give you strength and a full belly. I have some tea for your mana. I just have to wait for a key ingredient. I picked up this recipe a long time ago from my father to help gather natural mana from a flower with magic properties. your mana will be replenished completely within an hour, but i wouldn't recommend you using any magic at all."

Arius had been waiting near by calmly when the girl awoke, though she had been hiding behind Celeste so she didn't scare the girl; her scythe could be intimidating and it slightly irritated Arius that even though she had explained about her scythe it had been ignored; she wasn't all that interesting after all. Arius smiled, a smile full of sharp pointed teeth and she gave a slight bow to the awakening mage girl, she respected magic and those who could use it. "Hello, how do you do young mage? My name is Arius LaVari, I admire you're magic, my own magic feels like it's slightly close to yours but not entirely." She doesn't say much more and ignores the bowl of stew that had been given to her, she didn't need much food anymore, even though she had grown up as a normal human; even when she wasn't normal at all.

After her introduction Arius steps back a little ways, letting Celeste handle the child, she would most likely cause fear in the girl; though maybe not. She wasn't a particularly vicious person, slightly violent at times and maybe a bit strict but otherwise she was mostly okay. Arius felt a little bored about being here though, not because of the girl, no she hadn't gotten around to finding a home, so she would have to return to the Dark Woods for awhile, which made her cringe a bit.

Celeste wanted until the little girl was finished eating to discussing anything. She didn't want to bombard the girl with anything so quickly. She understood that the little ones powers were beyond the girls control at the moment. Celeste though it would be for the best if she became stronger as soon as possible. Her desire was for the girl to become her apprentice. However she had not yet ever taken on an apprentice.

Arius had not yet eaten the food. Celeste remembered back when the girl explained to her about her power and status. "i apologize Arius it didn't occur to me that you wouldn't have to eat." It wasn't like celeste to be such a scatter brain. She knew that demons had no need to eat, but she was too busy thinking about cooking to remember that. A a result she had put Arius in a awkward position. " You need not be afraid of Arius. She may seem intimidating but i can tell that she was taken back by you falling. She is here to talk to you about your powers among other things." Celeste had just remember that she had not intruded herself. " my name is celeste Deluna. Im an elemental mage specializing in arcane and Lunar magic. Don't worry about all that, for now just eat and gather your focus"

I blush at all the attention and consideration that was being given to me. Even though it was a bit demeaning to talk to me like an injured child, I guess at this point that is exactly what I am... It seemed both girls had a lot to say to me, so at first, I just listened and observed. It did seem like they were the two people waiting to see the queen. They must have forgone seeing the queen to come see me. Well, I should let them know it makes me feel uncomfortable being treated like this, but probably in a nice way. They are both being very considerate, it doesn't even look like they are thinking about themselves. I take a few bites out of the food they provided while they both talked to me. I felt bad for the demon, she was so afraid of scaring me, though I already saw enough to know what a kind person she is. I'd be lying if I said the blade didn't make me nervous, but not because I had any thoughts that she would use it on me. I've just been afraid of sharp objects for a while now.

My voice is filled with confidence as I give a cheery smile, "Its ok, I'm not afraid of her. Rather, I'm just sorry I got everyone so worked up. I got ahead of myself, and because of that I caused everyone a lot of trouble. I am really thankful for all the food and medicine. I don't know what I can pay you with right now, but I'll find some sort of job and pay you back somehow. I'm lucky that you two were skilled with magic, otherwise I might have been out for a lot longer. But, I'm all better now, so you don't have to worry so much about me. I don't need to use magic anymore now that nobody is trying to attack me, so I should be fine leaving now. I need to make sure the queen got my message so I can prepare for the trip home. They could use my magic..." I hop out of bed, taking the food they gave me and eating it up quickly. I seem to have mostly recovered.

Gabriella sprinted into the kingdom in hopes of finding help. She has been running for about three days now and is severely dehydrated. Being a mermaid, she shouldn't be able to live for this long out of water, but somehow she has managed. As she ran into the kingdom she began to yell. "Help! Help! Somebody." Suddenly she trips and falls face first.

@AAB

Christopher paused for a moment, seeing someone suspicious lurk in front of the throne room, though the woman never seemed to enter. His purple orbs narrowed as he saw her move away, his entire posture tense. There definitely was something wrong with whomever was there. He didn't know why he thought that way- it was simply a feeling in his gut. Turning his attention back to the rest of the people in the throne room, he glanced at each one of them carefully, deciding that none of them seemed like they would cause any harm. Even if they did, there were enough guards present to prevent anyone from coming to harm.

Having assured himself that it would be fine, the black clad knight excused himself quietly before heading out, in the direction of where the suspicious figure had gone, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword all the while.

"I don't believe I have seen you here before... may I ask what your buisness in the kitchen is?" Christopher asked sternly, his eyes glued to Ester as he stepped into the kitchen.