The Infinity Aspiration

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't die. We just go missing in action. You in?

( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧
I'll have to look the roleplay over once I'm home and off mobile (its not loading right). With school starting up again I don't want to commit if I'm not convinced I'll keep up.

Were posting expectations ever listed?

Yeah, um, I bailed for the holidays irresponsibly. Sorry about that.

I'll have to clean up that overview; I might PM you about that some time, 'cause I use that format a lot and I don't want it mobile-unfriendly.

I don't typically put posting expectations up, because they don't matter to me. As long as we're not all stalling each other, it's all good. But I tend to write a couple of paragraphs, and stretch or shrink around that along with everybody else.

• Useful
Reactions: Rainjay
Yeah, um, I bailed for the holidays irresponsibly. Sorry about that.

I'll have to clean up that overview; I might PM you about that some time, 'cause I use that format a lot and I don't want it mobile-unfriendly.

I don't typically put posting expectations up, because they don't matter to me. As long as we're not all stalling each other, it's all good. But I tend to write a couple of paragraphs, and stretch or shrink around that along with everybody else.
Alright. I'll look things over and get back to you in a couple hours.

• Love
Reactions: SamIO
Hello, hello, I am back.

Read through things again and my interest is revived. Count me in!

I do have to warn though, school is kicking my ass this year. I'm almost done with second quarter and after that I can let senioritis kick in, but as it stands I'm currently failing a class (we only have ONE grade and it's a test I failed. Go figure) and struggling in some of my others... So I'll definitely keep you updated before I just vanish off into the void, but especially during midterms I might go on a mini hiatus.

Midterms. Nooooooo!

Anyways.

• Thank You
I'm still down for this. And same here, I also bailed irresponsibly.

• Love
I'm expressing interest, but I'd like to know writing level.

I'm expressing interest, but I'd like to know writing level.

"I don't typically put posting expectations up, because they don't matter to me. As long as we're not all stalling each other, it's all good. But I tend to write a couple of paragraphs, and stretch or shrink around that along with everybody else." - Samsterious

Not sure if that's enough information or not.

• Thank You
As for it being not mobile friendly, it still looks nice, the only problem is that it falls off the screen and there's no bar to scroll it left/right, so I'm left only being able to read the left half of the text. Not sure if that's just my crappy device or not though (It honestly might be).

In terms of getting things rolling again, should we plan on putting up character sheets and things? Or should we wait on that for a bit longer.

"I don't typically put posting expectations up, because they don't matter to me. As long as we're not all stalling each other, it's all good. But I tend to write a couple of paragraphs, and stretch or shrink around that along with everybody else." - Samsterious

Not sure if that's enough information or not.
Okay, I was just asking because I can type a Paragraph each post at the minimum, I can go more if I have to but, yeah....

Yeah, character sheets are probably a good idea at this point, though I think you already have Tevryn up earlier, @Rainjay.

Hello everyone... I know I'm a bit late to respond, but would any of you mind if I designed a character for the roleplay as well? I just made this account like about two days ago, but this roleplay sounds particularly interesting to me. I am curious though, how deep do you plan on going to the science aspect of this roleplay? Are you going to be expecting us to be experts in Quantum Physics or something? Also, would you be willing to explain more clearly what a Psion is and what types of energies they are controlling? Are they just a highly evolved versions of the Psychics you hear claims about in modern society? I'm sorry if these seemed like stupid questions, but I guess I'm just a bit afraid that I'm going to look like an idiot in my first Iwaku interaction.

Hello everyone... I know I'm a bit late to respond, but would any of you mind if I designed a character for the roleplay as well? I just made this account like about two days ago, but this roleplay sounds particularly interesting to me. I am curious though, how deep do you plan on going to the science aspect of this roleplay? Are you going to be expecting us to be experts in Quantum Physics or something? Also, would you be willing to explain more clearly what a Psion is and what types of energies they are controlling? Are they just a highly evolved versions of the Psychics you hear claims about in modern society? I'm sorry if these seemed like stupid questions, but I guess I'm just a bit afraid that I'm going to look like an idiot in my first Iwaku interaction.
No question is a stupid question!

And I won't be trying to help answer these questions because I, too, have doubts of my understanding.

You're not alone :P Complicated subject matter is complicated.

The science aspect is just a genre piece. I might fling some actual real world science and some pseudoscience and some rule of cool at you and expect nothing more than that you munch on your popcorn and enjoy the ride.

I'll be writing a more verbose description of each of the abilities for an info thread some time this week, so you'll have a better understanding of what each of the powers do.

As to how psions function in-character, essentially they are as you wrote. There are forces beyond our comprehension at work, and psions are capable of wielding those forces. There exists psychic energy in all sentient beings, biological, mechanical, even virtual and immaterial. Basically, consciousness has power in this canon. Psions have developed the capacity to manipulate these energies to a variety of tangible effects. They rely on focus of the mind and discipline of the body and spirit to maintain strong control over their talents; an unconcentrated psion is wild and chaotic, and will likely never master their abilities.

• Useful
You only miss out on notifications if you haven't read the very last post in the thread, yet. The server gags them that way you don't get spammed by a thread that was super active while you were in bed or something like that!

You only miss out on notifications if you haven't read the very last post in the thread, yet. The server gags them that way you don't get spammed by a thread that was super active while you were in bed or something like that!
If you open the alerts menu, though, but don't click on the thread, it assumes you haven't looked yet and won't give you alerts until you do. Sometimes I'll wake up and check my alerts, find five notifications, and miss actually checking one for a thread and then I don't get further notifications.

Do the updates on the new roleplay system automatically tag people? Little bit off topic, but since I'd stopped getting notifications for this roleplay, that's how I came to notice it's revival. Or did you tag everyone and delete the tags? It's been befuddling me since!

Status
Not open for further replies.