The Infinity Aspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then CS time!

• Love
Reactions: SamIO
The Glaest:
The Glaest are a very young species, their time of known true sentience dating only to the human 20th Century. Their home world, Veiter, is known as "The loneliest planet in the Universe". This is due to it's very unique positioning. Veiter is in the middle of 8 other planets, the reason it is so lonely is that all of these planets are gas giants. These gas giants are exceedingly close to Veiter and their effect on the planet is heavy. Veiter only has 2 hour day times. The rest of the time the sun is blocked by a passing Gas giant or one of Veiter's 2 moons. It is also thanks to these Gas giants that Veiter usually only sees about 1/3 of the stars that most other planets have in plain sight. Thus, it was given it's nickname. The Glaest have a very weak sense of government. Some have even gone so far to call them a "Civilized Anarchy". While not totally true, it is a fair statement as the Glaest have no form of official military or police force. They instead choose to rely on the "Will of the many" to perform any large scale actions, this included beginning diplomatic relations with other species.

Physical Characteristics:
The Glaest, coming from a planet of almost constant darkness, lack visual-based perception entirely. Instead, they have very acute senses of sound, smell, taste, and touch. They are also considered to have some of the most powerful brains among many species, as they need to process all of these senses to make out anything in the harrowing darkness of their world. Originally, Glaest communicated through clicks and growls, but after making contact with other species were able to quickly pick up the basic language.

Stereotypes:
Glaest are often mistrusted due to their cold, calculated way of thinking. Without the presence of another of their species, some report that Glaest can begin disregarding all emotion in place of a dark fascination to learn. One example included killing a wild creature only for the purpose of studying it. In terms of military work, Glaest are said to make very good Special-Op units. Best suited for stealth rather than the front lines. But most agree the Glaest are even better suited in the laboratory rather than on the battlefield.

Krell Q'tost:
54aa09cc408aa661ef5baeaa0a79cfee.jpg

Appearance:
Krell stands at 6'1". The hard, grey, shell-like head crest hides most of his features from view. His skin is smooth and hard, like an exoskeleton [medical examination shows Glaest do, in fact, have an endoskeleton however.] Krell's armor is emblazoned with the Glaest insignia on his back, a snake-like creature with a hood shaped like an arrow. [Supposedly this creature represents the Glaest pursuit of knowledge, whatever direction it takes them] He usually carries a small side arm on him at all times, a caustic pistol. [A Glaest weapon that fires canisters of acid]

Personality:
Krell, like most of his race. Is highly intellectual. However, unlike most of his race, he is kind and accepting of others. He says "I was tired of how some treated my race, so I felt it was time we adapted." Meeting him for the first time has been described as 'A nice refresher from most Glaest'. Unfortunately Krell has a tendency to argue against a non-logical way of doing things. Irrational behavior is not something he can understand, and as such, has a hard time empathizing with.

Abilities:
Tier One:
Psychokinesis
Neuromancy

Tier Two:
Teleportation
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Macropathy

Tier Three:
Polypresence
Spatiokinesis

History:
Krell was born as the average Glaest. Then again, all Glaest are born average. Or rather, all Glaest are born equal. Krell matured in his first 6 years of growth, as all Glaest do. He entered the common Glaest schools, as all Glaest do. Finally, he reached the time to pick an occupation....and suddenly, Krell wasn't so common. Most Glaest would choose to be basic workers, working factories or hunting for food. Not Krell. Krell chose to board the nearest interstellar starship and get trained in what few if any Glaest ever choose to do. Diplomatics. Krell gained knowledge of the 'proper' way to act. How to empathize with other beings. He sought to change the stereotypes surrounding his species and to bring the Glaest to a new age. It was during this education, that Krell gained his psionic abilities. With them, Krell was able to understand other races ways of thinking much better. With that ability and his knowledge, he is now seeking to better the view of his race, and even more so, he wants to understand where these outstanding abilities came from.
[Now THAT, was a lot of writing]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
I'm here, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on this site past the second, so. I'll make sure to post after then if I can keep going with this.

• Thank You
I've been meaning to ask, what is the difference between telekinesis and psychokinesis?

Psychokinesis is on-touch, while Telekinesis is at range. They have effectively the same type of power otherwise, just applied in a different fashion.

So does that love rating mean Krell is accepted? XD sorry I just don't want to assume anything

Oh, sorry; I haven't been filtering characters. I don't tend to reject characters unless they're really out there. :3

Oh I see, well that's fine by me :)
I'm rather excited for this.

• Thank You
To those whom this may concern:

My apologies for the consistent unreliability. If any of you happened to have stuck through the chaos, I'll be seeing you soon.

Blarp. I'm still here

• Love
Looks like it.

You wanna reboot this RP? More people may join.

Soooo what's the deal with this roleplay? Thought it died o_o

Soooo what's the deal with this roleplay? Thought it died o_o

We don't die. We just go missing in action. You in?

( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧

Status
Not open for further replies.