The Hunter and the Hunted (Wicked_"Innocence" and LYDIA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I had a screaming match with one of my older sisters about what Micah was freaking out about before," said Jasper. He shrugged. "It happens all the time. She should cool off soon." But she probably wouldn't; Sebadet and Micah would remain infuriated until Jasper stopped talking to Isabelle.

Which was not going to happen any time soon.

"So what was the argument about?" he asked.

"Oh nothing serious...just, you know the regular parent-child things" well it was none of his business so he hadn't needed to know everything. And they still had just met today, so it honestly hadn't mattered how comfortable she felt with him. Isabelle had turned to him and just watched him looking him up and down before she sighed hating that her father may have been right.

"Yeah, it was honestly just nothing..." She stood up from the swing and hadn't even wanted to look back at him.

"So it has nothing to do with the fact that your garage is full of hunting equipment?" said Ariana.

Jasper jumped before turning around and seeing Ariana standing there, arms crossed, staring at Isabelle with a blank expression.

"What?" repeated Jasper.

"Her garage is full of knives and swords and silver," said Ariana. "Care to explain that, Isabelle?"

"Why were you going through my stuff" she breathed out and couldn't lie her way out of it. Ariana had already caught her and lying would do nothing but ruin what was already heading there anyways. "Honestly, I didn't want you to get involved, I didn't even want to meet you..." She sighed referring to both of them and ran a hand through her hair with a sigh.

"I don't have to explain myself to either of you though...my life is my life and you two have nothing to do with it..." She needed someone to see this, see her pushing them away because she was pretty damn sure that after this...they wouldn't want to speak to her anyways.

But why did this hurt? Why did this hurt so much right now?

Maybe it was because she actually enjoyed his company, because she liked him. In fact she had to turn away just in case she felt the urge to cry.

To cry, she wanted to freaking cry!? And for what, he was what he was and she was what she was...

"What's going on?" At the mention of the weapons in the Smiths' garage, Jasper's brain stopped computing properly and he wanted to cry. He turned to Ariana. "What do you mean, Ari?"

"She's a hunter, Jasper," said Ariana softly.

Jasper's stomach dropped, and if he could vomit, he would have. A hunter? How could she be a hunter? She was so sweet and innocent ... how could she be a killer?

He turned to Isabelle, even though she wasn't facing them. "Tell me it isn't true. You aren't a vampire hunter. You're not going to try to kill me." He didn't care that he had just admitted to being a vampire. He didn't care about anything.

She shook her head and bit her lower lip not wanting to admit it, but knowing full well that she had to. "I wasn't going to kill you...that's what the argument was about" she chuckled softly as tears fell down her cheeks. She wasn't crying because she had gotten caught but because she hadn't wanted to hurt him. Even if he hadn't cared about a lot of things.

"I'm sorry Jasper...but you're sister's right..."

Those seven words had been the hardest thing ever to say, other than trying to find the words to say at her sister's funeral at the age of 14. She finally turned to him with wet cheeks and eyes and shrugged her shoulders. "But please believe I don't kill just because I can...I made a promise to someone long ago and I don't have any intentions on breaking that promise..."

Why was she even trying to explain herself, it wasn't like he would want to talk to her anymore after she made her first confession. "I didn't want to hurt anyone though...and I didn't expect for anyone to find out cause I probably would have been gone within the next month or so anyways...so I hope you guys are happy, you found someone else to push away and keep out" she turned away from both of them both of them not wanting to continue this conversation and wiped her tears away even as they kept flowing...she was like a leaky faucet. Isabelle turned looking at him once more then mouthed sorry once more before she began walking home.

Jasper let her go, staring after her with his mouth open. A million and one emotions rushed through his brain, the most prominent of which was hurt.

"Jasper -- "

"DON'T!" he screamed, walking away. "Just don't."

She walked into the door and looked at her father who looked back at her causing more tears to fall as she ended up running into his arms crying even harder.

Why had this hurt so much? Even thinking about it made her cry like something had died inside of her.

Her father rubbed her back soothingly whispering Italian in her Sara's she whined and cried like a baby who needed the attention of her father.

I'm sorry Jasper, I wish I could take it all back

Jasper walked into English late and sat in the seat beside her, as he had to work with her on the paper anyway. It was obvious he had been crying, but he didn't care what anyone thought of him anymore. He didn't care about anything.

"I'm not mad at you," he said quietly to her once the other students had begun to talk. "I'm just upset. I had a fist fight with Micah when Ariana told him, if you were wondering about the bruise on my jaw."

She laid on her arms drawing circles on the tables and hadn't even acknowledged his presence when he walked in the room. After she cried in her dads arms she went to her room and completely blocked off the rest of the day staring at the walls and ceilings. Crying, feel sorry for herself, then crying again was that vicious cycle she put herself through after the whole situation that happened. In fact, she wasn't even going to speak to him...until he spoke first.

Isabelle looked up at him eyes red and puffy and the first thing she noticed was how his icy blue eyes were red like hers. "You should be, I would hate me right now...but you gotta understand Jasper, no one was supposed to find out because no one was supposed to know me, I was going to be a ghost...come in, exterminate whatever threat the council wants me to exterminate, then move on so that coven doesn't find me and kill my family" she sighed and looked down at the table her brown locks wild and in a messy bun. "I didn't mean to cause so many issues...this would have been way easier if you hadn't shown me around yesterday you know that..."

"It's not your fault," said Jasper. "You have no choice, just like I had no choice. I'm saying this out of nothing but fear for your life; don't go anywhere near my siblings, because they will kill you."

"And because I actually care about your life, don't come anywhere near me in the presence of my father because you will be killed on sight" she looked over at him giving him a soft smile. She still felt bad, and she still felt weird with talking to him. With the whole he's a vampire and she was a hunter. "Maybe we just shouldn't talk to each other...we don't have to work on any of the stupid projects together"

Jasper shook his head. "Not happening. I'm not leaving you alone while Sebadet and Micah are on the verge of deciding to kill you. They think you'll either kill all of us or sell us out. And before you say it, yes, you're a big girl and you can take care of yourself but you don't know them and what they're capable of. Besides," he added, smirking. "I'm already knee-deep in this self-destroying madness so why not see it out?"

"I've lived a good life, I don't think I would mind adding death by creature to the end of my short bucket list" she sighed softly and put her head back down on the desk wishing so much that yesterday hadn't happened. Wishing that she hadn't stayed long enough to meet him, wishing she hadn't met any of them. "Maybe if I'm lucky Damien is some secret spy that could keep me safe so that you don't have to worry your pretty little albino devil head...I meant what I said thought Jasper, I have no reason to harm your family of you guys aren't the one behind the attacks...my father and I have been put on the job and if we don't handle it, they'll kill you guys and us...so we have no choice" she hadn't looked at him when she said it, but it was clear that she had a few tears escape her eyes.

"Attacks? What attacks?" Jasper hadn't heard of any attacks since 1932 when Bridget had actually lost control. "What are you talking about?"

"You mean you don't know...then I define have no reason to harm your guys..." She looked up at him and moved some loose strands of hair out of her face. "Lately there have been reports of people waking up without remembering the last few minutes of their life and in random places...with bite marks on their neck, so that's when my father and I come in...we have to find the person or people linked with these attacks and eliminate that threat"

"Well if they're alive then that means that the vampires are just feeding. Why do you need to kill them if they aren't hurting anyone?" he asked, frowning. "It's like someone killing you for drinking milk."

She breathed out and looked over at him then shook her head standing up from her seat. "Ask my council why they do it, but please...if you want to hold something against me and make me feel like a bad person, then try harder...I've already made myself feel like crap over this job, so you're a little fucking! Late to the party" she grabbed her stuff and looked up at him wiping her eyes. She hadn't even cared that she just walked out without permission, all she knew was that she had to get out of there.

Jasper also grabbed his things and followed her. He quickly caught up to her but kept his distance, remaining a few inches to her left. "I didn't mean to make you feel bad," said Jasper honestly. They kept on walking until they reached the football field, which was vacant. "Really. I'm sorry. I can only imagine how hard your job must be and surely I'm not helping at all. Just say the word and I'll leave you alone forever."

They now stood in the middle of the empty football field. Jasper stared down at her with his bag over his shoulder, frowning.

Isabelle and twirled her fingers around the few loose strands of hair she had and hadn't known what she wanted. Had she wanted him to leave her forever, or did she want him to stay. She started laughing and she wiped her tears from her eyes turning to face him with a smile. "Of course I don't want you to leave me forever idiot..." She sighed and looked down at the ground. "I was six...when I killed my first vampire...I did it to protect my baby sister no other reason, I didn't do it cause I wanted to...but because I wanted to keep her safe...but I couldn't even do that Jasper because I'm a failure...she died when she was ten because of me, and because of sick monsters out there...I was supposed to keep her safe from everything...that's why I do it, because I don't want someone else to go through that loss...now I have a baby brother to protect and I will kill anything that looks like they want to harm him"

Status
Not open for further replies.