The Hunter and the Hunted (Wicked_"Innocence" and LYDIA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theatre Studies came and Jasper was excited. He liked acting, and this class was the only one where he actually got along with his teacher, Mrs Thomas. She was a short, tiny lady who dyed her hair every month and a half and wore all kinds of clothes with weird patterns and cool badges. She was very nice.

When Isabelle arrived to Theatre Studies Jasper beamed but decided not to go up with her. He caught her eye and smiled before leaning against the mirror -- the room was also used for dance -- and waiting for the class to begin, hoping that Belle would join him. He felt that he had been too full on for her, that he had scared her off or made her feel awkward.

Isabelle looked over at Jasper giving him a small smile. Then jumped lightly seeing Damien behind her. She looked over in Jasper's direction and pointed to him while speaking to Damien who looked over at him with a small smile and a nod of his head. She walked over to him and Damien followed looking at him then quickly turned back to Isabelle.

"Okay so I suck completely at acting but I'm going to make the best of this class...oh by the way Jasper" she pointed to Damien and he extended his hand. "This is Damien my lab partner in Biology and partner in every other class we have together, and Damien this is Jasper my other partner in everything else...I hope you two become well acquainted" she said with a soft chuckle and looked at them both.

Jasper nodded to Damien with a smile on his face. "It's nice to meet you, Damien," he lied. He just wanted to be alone with Isabelle. He enjoyed her presence. "We've had this class together all semester and yet we haven't spoken. How is that possible?"

Jasper stretched his arms, making himself look even taller, and turned to the teacher as the started speaking. They were doing duo performances, which the class had started the day previously, and of course, Jasper had remained partnerless. "Damien, you were working with Becky, correct?" Jasper clarified with the other boy, before smiling down at Isabelle. "I guess that means we're partners again. Fate," he added mystically.

She looked up at Jasper and smiled, "We always do get paired together through some mystical fate don't me...maybe you should just drop down on one knee so we don't have to waste anymore time" she teased laughing softly knowing that she was not good at any form of acting. "And I know that I'm such an amazing person...but just like sports, I suck at acting as well so are you sure that you want me as a partner..."

Things that had nothing to do with a core class she was bad at, other than drawing of course. Why couldn't she have gotten an art class instead of theatrical studies, nothing against the class but she would rather spend her time doing something she was good at then spending her time doing something she completely sucked at. "Speak now or forever hold your peace"

Smiling maniacally, Jasper dropped to one knee and looked up at Isabelle, grinning. "Isabelle Smiths, would you do me the pleasure of being my drama partner?" he said dramatically, still grinning.

After the fake proposal, Jasper claimed his regular corner and extracted his drama notebook, showing a page to Isabelle. "So we had to write a script based on these characters we made last week ... my character is a former FBI agent whose partner was shot on the job and caused him major PTSD. I know, I'm a delight. Anyway, you should probably make your character today and then we can do the script tomorrow."

"Geez Jasper you sure know how to make a girl feel special don't you" she chuckled referring to his sweet little "proposal" that he had made. "And yes my sweet white haired child, I will do you the honor of becoming your drama slash English slash whatever partner" she was laughing as she said each word then took his book from him as he handed it to her and read over what he had written.

"Wow this is really good...I mean really dark, but really good..." Of course she hated that on her first day she had to make a character and some script, and then embarrass herself completely if they had to act it out. Once Isabelle had finished what he written she pulled out her own notebook and tried to brain storm on some ideas of what her character could actually be, and since he had already out so much work into his character she figured she could at least do the same. "I'm going to assume that this is your favorite class" she said looking up from her notebook at him giving him a soft smile.

Jasper smiled bashfully and nodded. "Yeah, I love it. This is the one class where I don't argue with my teacher non-stop."

He smiled again and looked at his character written in fancy script. "I just love it. Acting. There's so many different styles and forms of it and it has literally been around forever and ever. I might seem like a cynical asshole but I actually enjoy making people happy -- unless they piss me off -- and acting can do that so easily. It's more than entertainment, it's art. Oh God, I sound like you when you fangirled over Shakespeare. And -- sweet white haired child? Please, I am albino Satan."

Isabelle looked at how passionate he seemed to be about acting and took it all in with a smile. He was right about seeming like a cynical asshole, but he was good at heart when it mattered the most and she admired that. But she quickly looked up at him when he brought up her 'fangirling' over Shakespeare.

"Hey I did not fangirl over Shakespeare, I just had a conversation with a peer where I got overly excited...you albino Satan" she teased with a large smile on her face, something she seemed to only get when she was around him. Maybe it was the constant teasing and joking around with each other...but she enjoyed it a lot. If this was what having friends was like then she missed out on a lot growing up. "I actually enjoyed meeting your sister...she was such a sweet person unlike her brother" Isabelle went back down to her notebook biting her lower lip as she tried to think up something to match what he had written. She was determined to work hard on it since he had seemed so passionate about this and the last thing she wanted to do was let him down.

"I know, right? Ariana is such a sweet girl. What could possibly have gone so wrong with her brother? Micah is such a dick. But remember, we're all adopted."

Subconsciously, Jasper reached over and took a lock of Belle's hair and began to curl it between his fingers. He liked the texture of hair and hers was soft and nicely coloured, so he quite liked it. He stared at the ceiling as she wrote. "Don't feel you have to match the five pages I wrote for mine," he said. "I went a bit overboard."

Isabelle felt herself look up once more when she felt a lock of her hair being curled and hadn't minded and continud writing ideas upon ideas of how this could turn out. "No it's okay...honestly, I may not give pages but I'll write enough, you just seem so passionate about this and it's honestly the first time I've seen you passionate all day so I just want to make sure I don't let you down"

With those words she looked up at him and gave him a big smile then bit her lip coming up with a few ideas. "You're playing with my hair the way my father always had" she chuckled softly and kept writing even when she felt her cheeks heat up acknowledging the fact that he was even doing it. "He used to always say the dumbest things as he did it...maybe it was to make me smile I dunno but he used to ask me those tricky questions like what cane first the chicken or the egg, and we would just sit there and argue about it for at least an hour" she smiled at the memory but felt her smile falter remembering how all that changed after her little sister had died.

"That's sweet," said Jasper. "Most of my arguments with my siblings end in fist fights."

He paused. "I don't even remember my parents that well. I just remember them being very uptight, sophisticated, rich and very, very loving."

She looked up at him and smiled, Isabelle had almost felt bad that he lost both of his parents at such a young age. But knew that she couldn't feel too sorry because he was one of those, 'I don't want pity' guys.

"Well it's good that the small things that you can remember are good things, and I mean you seem happy with your family now...you may not all share the same blood but you're still related" when did she become the make people feel good person. It almost made her cringe how fast she opened up to a boy she had just met in not even a full day.

Jasper smiled and tried to recall human memories of his parents as he leaned his head on Isabelle's shoulder. He was suddenly exhausted. Delving back into human memories was both mentally and physically draining, more exhausting than running.

"So what's your character?" he asked drowsily.

She hadn't known why she let him stay on her shoulder, but she finally placed the cap back on her own and looked down at him chuckling softly. She honestly had no faith that the ideas she had running through her head were good, but there was nothing wrong with a good try right? She bit her lower lip and sighed closing her book.

"I mean I'm not good at this kind of thing...but maybe, maybe I could play a character close to yours trying to help with the whole PTSD thing, maybe a best friend or even a girlfriend...or maybe I could be a ghost and haunt your character...wooo" she had done her best impersonation of a ghost and chuckled feeling embarrassed of her idea. "I know it's stupid" she mumbled softly running her fingers through his hair.

"Oh, that's so sweet. A little drama fledgling already second-guessing herself." Jasper didn't look at her face but his voice adopted a serious tone. "Don't do that. There is literally no wrong answers in this subject and there is no way you can do anything wrong. You just need to believe in your own ideas and -- excuse the cheese -- follow your heart."

Jasper closed his eyes for a moment and decided to stop trying to remember things. He greatly enjoyed the feeling of her fingers in his hair.

It had almost scared her when she heard his tone change from joking to serious in a matter of three seconds. This is the second time today that he had told her not to doubt herself or put herself down and he had always sounded so serious when he had brought it up. She pulled her hands out of his hand and moved them down to the hem of her sweater just looking at them with a small smile on her face.

"That's the second time, don't know if you realized it...but that's the second time you've gotten all serious on me telling me not to doubt myself and yadda yadda" she chuckled and moved her fingers back up to his hair brushing through his soft locks. "I will excuse your cheese this one time though...I'm highly allergic to cheesy people"

"Well I don't like hearing people not appreciate themselves," said Jasper. "Please pet my hair again. I am but a cat."

Jasper watched the clueless teenagers walk around the room with a strange expression. He couldn't remember his teenage years but he knew he hadn't had many insecurities, and it saddened him to know that these kids probably did. Society was messed up compared to when Jasper had been a teenager. Why did nobody care about each other anymore?

She chuckled when he asked her to let his hair again and continued brushing her fingers through his hair breathing out quietly figuring that it was just wise to shut about the whole topic. "Okay kitty cat I will continue to pet your hair..." her voice was soft but a smile could easily be heard in her voice as she continued what she had been doing wondering why she was doing it in the first place. They hadn't really known each other, but she felt more comfortable with him then anything...and that scared her a great deal.

"Anyways about my character, I'll work on it today so we can solidify it tomorrow...then no one has to worry about anything" Isabelle actually found herself getting pretty excited over the stupid script that she hadn't wanted to do in the first place.

The bell finally rang, and Jasper rose abnormally gracefully to his feet. He helped Belle up like a gentleman, steadying her when she nearly slipped on the floor.

"Please don't die by falling over, Belle, Jesus Christ," said Jasper, rolling his eyes. "Not only will I feel personally responsible because I did not fulfill my task as tour guide slash bodyguard, it's also a really freaking embarrassing way to die."

He ran a hand through his hair as he remembered the location of her next class. "Okay you have Trig in A3, possibly the worst classroom in the entire school, good luck with that. Then, yay, hometime."

He walked her out, before making his way to the front office and sneaking into the files room. Who even needs History? I lived through most of that, Jasper thought as he found Isabelle's file and looked at her locker number. He deliberately did not look at anything else, because he wasn't a stalker and he actually wanted to learn about her from her, rather than the general snooping he would usually do. By the time the final bell rang, Jasper had his bag slung over his shoulder and was leaning against Belle's locker, waiting.

"Yeah thanks for that..." She mumbled moving her fingers through her head then locked eyes with Damien and since he had the same class as her he waited up for him to finish and then they walked to the Trig together, this time subtracting thenwhole being lost process.

Class wasn't anything new though, she had been trying to start trigonometry on her own for a few months now, and honestly every time the teacher wasn't talking she spent that time laughing and joking around with Damien.

When the final bell rung she stood up from the seat and found herself walking to the only place she knew how to get to by herself this time without Damien. Since he rarely used his locker he just headed straight home carrying all his stuff in his bookbag.

She saw Jasper standing at her locker and found herself rolling her eyes with a huge smile on her face as she stepped in front of her locker not saying anything but putting all the stuff she hadn't needed away and keeping the stuff she needed for homework tonight in her messenger bag.
"Is there a reason why you're standing at my locker? Because I don't remember telling you what locker I have and you seem to be standing right at my locker" she teased looking up at him closing her locker behind her pushing some hair behind her ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.