The Hunter and the Hunted (Wicked_"Innocence" and LYDIA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jasper listened to her story with a furrowed brow. "I understand your need to protect your brother and I'm sorry about your sister," said Jasper. "But we're not all like that. I've fed from humans before but I have never killed anyone because of my adoptive mother, who taught me how to live. Only Bridget has killed people and she nearly killed herself afterwards." Jasper closed his eyes and sighed through his nose. "Believe me, if I ever found a vampire who would kill a baby human, you wouldn't even get a chance at him because I would rip him to pieces."

"Look I wish all vampires thought this way, I do...then I wouldn't have to do what I do...but I still have job to do..." She breathed out and honestly felt herself breaking on the inside like she had the day her sister died. Isabelle felt her phone her vibrate in her pocket and saw it was her father and answered it putting a large space between her and Jasper just in case her father said something that wouldn't have sat well with him. "Hey papa..." She whispered softly and let him speak to her then breathed in closing her eyes. "The one thing...I don't know if I can do this papa...not if he killed that person the way he killed June..." He assured her on the other line and she bit her lower lip hanging to the phone. "I have to go..." She whispered to him walking back over looking back up at him. Then before she could talk herself out of it she wrapped her arms around his waist and just laid her head on his chest. "I'm sorry...."

Jasper leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. "Go," he said blankly, before turning around and stalking away.

When he was out of her sight, he listened until he heard her climb into a car. Then he took off at a run, staying in the trees and out of sight while he followed her scent.

Maybe he had been upset about the whole thing, she looked out the window as her father started briefing her about the body that had been found. The whole thing was in the council's hands because after the police discovered that this woman hadn't been killed by anything human they called the council letting them handle it. Isabelle got out the car once they pulled up and walked over to the body with her father following behind her letting her see what had actually happened.

This woman had been killed the same exact way that June had been killed. Lacerations going across her stomach and punctures in her abdomen. Isabelle felt herself breathing in deeply and did exactly as her father had taught her. No feelings, no emotions...this was her job.

Jasper perched in the trees and looked down at Isabelle and her father. He grimaced as they saw the body. Repulsive. Jasper would never dream of doing anything like that.

He inhaled deeply and caught a rotting stench that almost made him vomit. It must have been from the vampire that had hurt the woman.

After examining the body Isabelle moved away to converse with a few of the hunters that had come to check the body out and her father. They had an idea of who it might be because of the marking that she had on her wrist. It was a marking for some type of club, a club full of hungry vampires looking for their next meal. "We believe that the coven responsible for all these attacks lately runs that club. That marking that was found on this girls what was also found on our last victim...but our last victim made it out alive...Isabelle we need you to pose at that club and try to get in with the leader, I'm assuming your father taught you how to sight the power differences"

Isabelle nodded her head distant then turned to the woman talking since she felt her eyes digging holes into the back of her head, probably because she wasn't paying attention to her. "You can't screw this up Isabelle...we need this information" her father use to disagree completely with this incognito mission that Nikita use to try to send on her, but now he was as silent as a mouse as if he was agreeing what she was saying. She shrugged her shoulders and sighed looking back at the woman dead to the world, literally, "Alright...I'll do it"

"You are not doing it," Jasper told Isabelle.

Her father wasn't home, so Jasper had climbed through her bedroom window, pressed his hand to her mouth to keep her from screaming, and whispered the hushed words to her. He jumped back and stood against the wall.

"There is absolutely no way I am letting you walk into a club of killer vampires for a stupid mission," he continued. "Yes, I was there, don't tell me off about it. But you guys have absolutely no idea what they're like -- you won't get anywhere near the leader without being bitten at least twice. You'll most likely be turned into some blood-slash-sex slave." The thought angered him and his nostrils flared.

"So wouldn't it be better if you got a vampire to go in?"

"We don't have any vampires to send in there Jasper...I was trained to do this and I think I'll be fine doing this on my own..." She was touched that he had cared enough to tell her not to do this.

But she had a job to do regardless of if he wanted her to do it or not.
"I appreciate that you are this much but Jasper, this is what I have to do..." She sighed softly and finally turned facing him with a soft smile. "Now it's my time to scold...why the hell are you here! You realize if my father saw you, you would be killed right on the spot...I need you to leave Jasper...so you don't get hurt okay...let me be the hero this time"

Isabelle knew what could happen during this mission...and everything that he had just said was a huge possibility of what could happen. But she had to do this for that girl that had died, she had to do this for the promise she made to her sister. Isabelle looked up at him and sighed turned to walk into her closet and pulled out two dresses, one of them looked trashy, but both of them looked like something she would never walk out of the house in. She ended up throwing the trashy one back in the closet and ended up with the high low dress that had a black floral tube top style top with a black sheer skirt that ended at her thigh in the front but went all the way down to the ground in the back.

"If I makes you feel any better you can come with me if you want..." She said softly her cheeks flamming red embarrassed that she was asking him.

"You do have a vampire to send in," said Jasper. "Me. I'll do it. It might help your dad actually like me."

He moved close to her and pulled back her hair, away from her neck. "Do not do this," he whispered. "It's basically an invite for a bite. Keep your hair over your shoulders." He sighed. "Let me do this. Please. Make your dad let me do this instead of you."

"If he saw you right now you would be dead Jasper...I can do this Jasper, okay...so stop worrying...worry doesn't look good on you albino" she tried to lighten the mood, but there was nothing lightning this mood. She was surprised in knowing that their relationship wasn't in shambles right now because she was a hunter and he was a vampire. "I'm happy that you care though, that you don't want to see me dead...but this is something have to handle...I don't want to drag you into this okay..."

She turned looking at him and bit her lower lip looking away. Isabelle hadn't known when her father was getting in and she had to start getting ready. "Jasper you have to go...okay, I'll see you at school tomorrow alright. I promise" she held her pinky out with a smile.

Jasper shook his head stubbornly. "No. If you're doing this crap then I'm coming with you."

He stood his ground, glowering down at her with an expression of stubbornness mixed with annoyance. He was not letting her do this alone, if he had to let her do it at all. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Jasper you have to go...you don't even need to care this much!" She found herself raising her voice and sighed looking back up at him matching his stubborn look. She forgot how childish he could be when he wasn't too busy being serious. "I don't even see why you care so much, I'm not dragging you into this and that's final! Not up for discussion I'm not changing my mind...your family already hates me enough how about we keep them from wanting to rip my throat out then put it back in so they can relive the feeling, though I'm pretty sure that's what they already want to do"

She sighed and ran her hands through her hair becoming frustrated with him. She felt like we was fighting against herself with how stubborn he was being, and that was never good cause she could be a total donkey when she wanted to be. "Now please go home Jasper...I'll see you tomorrow"

Jasper exhaled angrily. "If I don't see you in homeroom first thing tomorrow I am tracking you down and murdering whatever is keeping you," he said, before leaning down and kissing her on the cheek. He gave her one more anguished look before turning around and leaping from her window.

He ran home and was immediately greeting by Sebadet. "Where have you been?" she asked.

"Go jump off a cliff," snapped Jasper.

"Jazz -- "

"Don't talk to me."

Isabelle sighed when he left and put a hand on her cheek from where he had just kissed her. Sometimes he annoyed the hell out of her, but sometimes he meant well and that was all that mattered. She bit her lower lip and undressed herself before hoping in the shower needing to wash the stress, and new found fear, off of her and get ready for this mission. After she was done she placed the dress on making sure to show some kind of cleavage then did her hair and makeup before walking down stairs fully dressed and looking like she would do anything with anyone.

Isabelle breathed out to herself trying to calm down then looked in the mirror licking her cherry red lips. "Alright Belle...it's now or never, you have to stay safe so Jasper doesn't loose his shit.." She mumbled to herself then grabbed every weapon she needed and sprayed a bit of vanilla perfume on herself before heading out of the door.

Jasper practically pounced on her as soon as she walked into the school hall. He pulled her to the side. "Well? What happened? How did it go? I expect a full minute-by-minute rundown of your night, or so help me I will actually stalk you from now on." He was very agitated.

"Well good morning and it's nice to see you too" she said sarcastically moving the scarf she had around her neck into her bag straightening her cropped batman sweater out since he threw it all off when he pounced on her. She decided to at least try on her look today with a batman cropped sweater and a pair of light high waisted blue jeans and some batman converse go match. Isabelle even sprayed some of that vanilla perfume on since it seemed to be a huge hit at the club last night.

"Everything went fine last night, I went in...found the coven leader easily since he was surrounded by sluts and wannabe Mrs.Cullen's and got his attention, made him jealous by dancing on some other guy I met there then let him take me back to his place...he screwed around made me a drink and I didn't drink it because I could smell whatever he put it in...then we went back to him room and taught him a lesson, but I didn't kill him because I still need info on him and the coven...in fact he had no idea about the dead girl until I told him about it...so waste of my time" she said with a sigh then looked up at him with a smile.

"Now what's gotten into you poopy pants, wake up on the wrong side of the bed"

"You can't exactly wake up on the wrong side of the bed when you didn't sleep," said Jasper.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I am too stressed for this shit," he said, gesturing to the school to make his point. "I am ditching. Ditch with me."

"Geez you're the one stressing yourself out Jasper..." She sighed hand grabbed his hand trying to make him feel better about the whole situation. "I'm alive, no bruises, no marks, no nothing...so stop all your worrying okay" she looked up at him and smiled before listening to his next request.

"And I'd be glad to ditch with you...lets go get a milkshake and a burger for breakfast since I forgot about breakfast this morning...and you, eh I'll let you nip my finger if it'll make you stop all that stressing" she chuckled swinging her bag over her shoulder.

Jasper nodded and lead her out of the school. They walked to the diner, which was empty at this time of the day except for the waitress who was too tired to care about them. Jasper bought Isabelle a burger and a milkshake and bought himself sweet potato fries with garlic aioli -- and a Coke.

"We can eat human food," said Jasper as they sat. "We just don't need to. Ever."

She sighed and crossed her arms over her chest as the last walked off with their orders fresh on her notepad. "You aren't still upset are you, I mean I'm safe right...nothing went wrong unless you count being hit on by every creepy guy there bad, well it's bad but- okay that's not the point the point if you gotta stop all that worrying and stressing...I mean look at you"

She sighed once more, this time dramatically, as she placed the back of her hand on her forehead. "My dear old friend will get stress lines and loose his youth because he worries over nothing and for no reason...I mean she says that she can handle it but he still worries, may God bless his poor old worrisome soul..." Her voice was theatrical as she closed her eyes then opened them looking back at him touching her heart. "Maybe I should be worrying about you..."

Status
Not open for further replies.