The Hunter and the Hunted (Wicked_"Innocence" and LYDIA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I wonder what it's like to have a tolerable little brother," said Jasper wistfully. "If I tried to draw my brother, he would probably break my pencil and then break my nose. Oh, Micah, how I love him."

Feeling inspired, Jasper whipped out a pencil and his notebook and began to sketch her. His vampire accuracy along with his eidetic memory allowed him to quickly sketch the outline of her face, complete with thick eyelashes, perfect nose and cute gap between her front teeth. Once he did the hair, he dropped the sketch on her desk. "Boom." He mimed an explosion with his hands. "Art."

She looked down at the drawing and then looked up at him. "Wow you aren't too shabby yourself...this is good...and your little brother sounds adorable" she took the drawing and looked at it nothing how he seemed to pick up on ever little detail, even the gap that she had in between her front teeth. It was honestly mind blowing how he drew that so fast, but Isabelle hadn't questioned it...he was good and he made her look better than she had in real life. "I can't see why girls hound you now...you made me look better in this picture than in actual life..."

She chuckled and put a hand on her head dramatically. "Draw me like one of your French girls Jack" she said quoting the movie Titanic, not one of her favorites but she hadn't hated it either. Isabelle chuckled softly and heard the bell ring and placed her notebook in her bag looking over at him. "Okay Tour guide what's up next up on my lovely trip"

"Hang on a moment. Three ... two ... one ... " As soon as Jasper reached one, the bell rang, signalling the end of the first period. "Well, next we have Gym. How do I know, you inquire? Eidetic memory," he said before he tapped his temple with two fingers. "I remember your timetable perfectly. English, Gym, Biology, Spanish, lunch, Government, Chemistry, Theatre Studies and Trigonometry. Do not underestimate my powerful mind."

As they walked to Gym, Jasper continued talking. "Girls do not hound me because I can draw them well. They hound me because I am absurdly attractive," he joked, slipping his hands into the pockets of his black skinny jeans. He wore black everything. He was such a vampire. "And, honestly, Belle -- yes I am calling you Belle, you could be the princess from that exceptionally amazing film -- do you really consider that demonic thing that attacked me in the hallway adorable? Are you on drugs? Can I have some?"

She covered her hand over her mouth as she laughed pulling her messenger bag closer to her body. He was a pretty funny guy, and she actually enjoyed walking around with him. "No, I'm not on drugs...it's just cute that he was worrying about you...nothing wrong with that right?" She asked her bubbly laughter dying down as she moved her hand away from her mouth with a small smile still gracing her features. "And it's okay if you call me Belle...and I have to agree with you whole heartedly, Beauty and the Beast was an amazing movie" and actually one of her favorite Disney movies next to Lion King and The Little Mermaid of course.

Isabelle moved some of her hair behind her ear and looked him up at down chuckling softly.
"Hm I wouldn't say absurdly attractive, maybe just teensy bit attractive" she held up her fingers spacing her thumb and her pointer finger a bit apart to emphasis her point teasing him a bit.

"That's a shame. I was really in the mood for some meth," Jasper joked. He doubted that drugs and alcohol would even work on his hyperactive vampire mind.

He feigned offense when she said he was only a little attractive. "You need your eyes checked, woman," he said as he opened the Gym door for her like a gentleman. "And just for that, I'm not even going to introduce you to the teacher." And with that, he walked to the boys' locker room.

Jasper walked straight to his gym locker and hastily pulled on his uniform -- a plain gray T-shirt and shorts. He walked out and saw Isabelle simply standing there. He had only been gone for twenty two seconds, but he laughed anyway. "Honestly, Belle," he groaned, gripping her wrist and pulling her toward the teacher, not even thinking about his ice-cold vampiric touch. "Coach Isaacs, this is Isabelle, it's her first day here," said Jasper to the female Gym teacher. "Please make her play dodgeball. Littlebys Bay is infamous for its brutal dodgeball."

"Nice try, Mr Rathscar, but we're playing badminton," said Coach Isaacs. "And for that snide remark, you two can be partners."

Jasper rolled his eyes. He didn't really agree with any teacher.

No, she was imagining things. She bit her lower lip and hastily snatched her wrist away from him and couldn't believe what she was thinking right now. Just cause he was cold hadn't meant anything. People had cold hands! She had cold hands some times.

But not that cold, his hands felt like death creeping up on her wrists and she breathed out not even wanting to think about it. It was nothing...he couldn't have been a vampire because, because...well there was nothing that stopped him from being one she just didn't want to think that.

Isabelle had always hated gym, she just found no use for the class no matter how agile she was. In fact she would rather be anywhere then where she was right now because of two main and pretty huge reasons. One, she believed that the only person she knew here might be a vampire and that was pretty wild since she was just going on the assumption of his icy cold hand, and two...this class seemed so insignificant to her because it was just busty girls trying to put on the tightest thing they could going to impress someone. Honestly, some people just had no repsect for them self.

Isabelle looked around the gym and felt herself getting nervous and felt her breath quicken. It was nothing but cold hands Isabelle! Cold hands could mean anything right? Right...she breathed out trying to calm herself down as she looked at the teacher then at Jasper with a small smile. "I guess we're just going to end up as partners in every class because of your big mouth huh?"

"What can I say?" said Jasper, walking to the rack to collect two racquets and a shuttlecock. "I really do not like teachers."

Because they all thought they knew everything when Jasper had actually lived through the events they tried to lecture about.

Throughout the games, Jasper kicked ass. He had to control his vampire strength, as the first time he served the shuttlecock it whistled past his opponent's head suspiciously fast. After that, his vampire reflexes allowed him to hit back almost every hit -- the only ones he didn't get were the ones Isabelle stole from him.

"The only point they got that entire round was because of you, Belle," he joked as the coach blew the whistle. "Do I have to banish you to the back corner, because God help me, I will."

"Hey sorry ass...I'm not good at most sports! Jerk face" she mumbled and puffed out her cheeks. Her suspicions had died down but they were still I the back of her mind and it was honestly making her freak out internally.

She wouldn't go as far as to calling them friends, but he was a pretty enjoyable guy when he wasn't being a complete butt. And she always ended up laughing more with him than she had anyone else in a while. So she really deep down hoped that he wasn't any form of supernatural creature that she would have to off later because he had potential to be a pretty cool friend.

"Now because you were being so mean to me you don't have permission to call me Belle anymore...and as soon as you miss a shot I'm going to laugh in your face" she moved her hair into a ponytail which she had done in the beginning since it quickly got hot in here because of all the movement and the thickness of her hair in her neck and back. He had been really good at this though so she assumed that he played sports often, either that or he just had a natural born talent to play sports.

"And I don't need a freaking corner because last time I checked I'm not two...Jeez I'm actually seeing why your brother attacked you in the hallway now" she teased giving him small smile as she stuck her tongue out at him like a child who had just gotten the upper hand in whatever she was trying to do.

"My brother -- " hit " -- attacked me in the hall -- " hit " -- because he is a resplendent twat." He scored another point, much to the dismay of his opponents. "Belle, I am not going to stop calling you Belle. You are Belle. You may as well rewrite your birth certificate and legally change your name to Belle. I am going to gatecrash your wedding and protest you are Belle. I will drop-kick your husband if I have to. Not because of this Belle incident but because I like to drop-kick people. Belle."

He scored another point and stuck his tongue out at her like a child. "Na-na-na-na-na. I have yet to lose a point, BELLE. My eidetic memory and supernatural powers grant me wondrous badminton skills. I am supreme."

He acted liked such a little kid and she honestly found it funny, but no matter how much she wanted to believe that he was just a human and nothing more her mind just wouldn't let her do that. But it's not like he would let her do that either, My supernatural powers...she just hoped that was some joke that he was telling to make her life cause all that statement was doing right now was fueling her inner turmoil. "Well I don't think that my future husband appreciates you crashing our wedding and drop kicking him" she said rolling her eyes at him with a small smile.

She honestly hated this game, one because she completely sucked at using this wannabe tennis racket and two because she was bad at trying to hit the top of the wannabe tennis ball so that she could get it over the net and scored a point. But Jasper seemed to be good at it so she just let him handle it and made it looked like she was trying in this class.

Jasper managed to make it to the end of the period without engaging in any more snappy remarks. He still had yet to lose a point, though. He dashed into the change rooms and exited in his black skinny jeans, sweatshirt and boots in a matter of nineteen seconds. He joined Isabelle beside the door and jumped on the balls of his feet.

"Alright, your timetable says Biology and Spanish next, before lunch. Biology is in C9 and Spanish in the same room we had homeroom in, so you should be okay finding it," he said. "Unless you wanted me to show you, which of course can be arranged. For a small price of a pint of your blood, and of course your soul," he joked.

"Also," he said, "I completely stand by that offer of you joining myself and my brother and sister for lunch," he said. He wanted Isabelle to have lunch with them not to piss of Micah, which had been his original reason, but because he generally enjoyed her company. "I promise that my brother will be on his best behaviour. And if he is not I will throw him out of a window."

She chuckled and shook her head holding her bag close to her. "I'm fine Jasper thanks I think I can find my way on my on...and as for lunch" she began walking out of the gym and then turned looking at him with a smirk. "That can be arranged for a small pint of blood and your soul" she used his line against him then made her way out of the gym her heart beating rapidly out of her chest. He hadn't put to rest her suspicions, but instead made them grow as she walked the way they came trying to find her way to C9. Where ever that may be.

It had taken her a while, and a few asks of help to get to her biology class and once she made it the bell had just rung which meant she was on time by maybe two or three seconds. She looked over at the teacher who looked like a smaller version of Santa class with a shorter beard. He looked at her and gave her a huge smile, "You must be my new student Isabelle" she nodded her head instantly feeling her nerves kick back up assuming he was going to make her introduce herself to the class.

He picked up on her nervousness and shook his head with a laugh and pointed his head over to an empty seat with a guy wearing black rimmed glasses next to it. "That's Damien...he'll be your lab partner in any lab that we do and you'll sit next to him for the rest of the semester okay" she nodded her head returning his smile and went over to sit next to this Damien character who stuck his hand out already to introduce himself to her just as she sat down.
"Hi I'm Damien..." She looked over at him and took his hand in hers shaking it with a soft smile "I'm Isabelle, but please call me Belle..."

"Jasper, what Micah has been saying about you better be a goddamn lie."

Jasper sat at his usual table in the lunchroom with Ariana and Micah. Micah was glaring at him with a fiery passion, and Ariana looked irritated. He sat beside her and looked between the two of them.

"What's he been saying about me?" Jasper asked. "Is it that I am stunningly gorgeous -- because, sorry Ariana, that is not a lie."

"Oh, stop being a conceited twat for a minute and be serious," snapped Micah. "You've been hanging around that human girl."

Jasper rolled his eyes and plucked a French fry from his tray of food. "Micah, I was asked to show her around today. There's this thing, its called courtesy, something you might want to fucking look into -- "

"Stop fighting, I'm not in the mood to deal with your shit right now," said Ariana. "Micah, it's not like he's proposed to her or anything -- "

"Well, actually," said Jasper, smirking. "I invited her to have lunch with us."

"You did not."

"I did, Micah. Oh look, there she is now."

Isabelle walked into the lunchroom. Jasper smirked at his brother -- okay, maybe he did enjoy pissing him off -- and jumped out of his seat, walking to Isabelle, sneaking up behind her. "Boo," he said in his ear. "I have that pint of blood and shriveled, morally deficient soul you asked for."

She jumped lightly hearing him in her ear and quickly turned jumping out of her skin. She hit his chest playfully and smiled. Damien had walked in after her and gave her a smile as he walked over to his table of friends and her eyes ended up following him and then she turned back to Jasper. "Hm...I guess you proved to be a good minion today..." She teased and looked over seeing the guy she had seen this morning staring at her with nothing but hatered in his eyes.

Isabelle hadn't wanted to say anything but bit her lower lip, she hadn't wanted to bail on him but his brother had filled her with intimidation...a lot of it.
"Actually...Jasper, you wouldn't mind if I rain checked this whole lunch thing would you...I really don't eat lunch anyways and I'm not even hungry, and you have a million other girls fighting for your attention so ask one of them..."

She clearly left out the part where his brother kept staring daggers into her. Boy if looks could kill, she would have been stabbed a billion times then resurrected to be killed once more. She quickly turned away from the table so that she couldn't physically see him killing her with his eyes but still felt it and let a sigh escape. "Plus I heard that there was an amazing garden and I wanted to sketch it...I don't think you or your brother would mind my absence...especially your brother..." Her voice was soft as she looked down at her hands seeing that they were playing with the hem of her sweater, something that always happened when she got nervous, or scared. And right now she was both.

Jasper frowned and was about to answer when Ariana appeared at his side. "Hi, I'm Ariana, Jasper's sister," she said, smiling kindly to Isabelle.

Jasper knew what she was doing; Isabelle was nervous and Ariana was trying to use her charisma to calm her down. He appreciated it -- he wanted Belle to be comfortable here -- but simultaneously wanted her to go away. "Is Micah alright?" he asked, looking over to their table and seeing that their brother had disappeared.

"I think so," answered Ariana. "He's probably sacrificing a newborn to Satan or something. He might even be on his period. Anyway -- Isabelle, right? -- it's nice to meet you." Ariana smiled widely. "Forgive my brother for his forwardness, you just cannot seem to keep him away from girls he likes."

Jasper was taken aback by the comment, which was completely unexpected, but rolled his eyes and nodded. "Totally," he agreed, smiling. "Anyway, Ari, Belle wants us to go away."

Isabelle looked at his sister and wondered what went wrong with Jasper. She was so sweet and kind, and she seemed to be trying to calm her down...but Jasper, Jasper was a complete asshole. She chuckled softly at her thoughts and smiled back at the girl realizing just how many people she was meeting in just one day of being here.

"I didn't want you guys to go away...I wanted to just rain check today, Geez Jasper don't be so dramatic" she teased and looked up at him before pushing some hair behind her ears finally looking up from her sweater feeling her nerves calm down. Ariana was such a sweet girl, and she hadn't even realized the comment until she stopped and fully thought about it.

Jasper was agreeing with her in a joking way right, she felt her face heat up and looked around the cafeteria.
"Oh please I would be the last thing he liked..." Her cheeks were red and she had known it because she felt them turning hotter and hotter as she thought about the comment. And it wasn't because she actually liked him in that way but because the whole thing had thrown her off.

"I didn't want to interrupt your lunch though..." Because she still couldn't figure out how she felt about the whole Jasper might be a vampire scenario running in her hand.

"Please don't be so self-depreciating," Jasper asked quietly. He didn't like hearing Isabelle say bad things about herself. Well, he didn't like to hear it from anyone, but hearing it from such a beautiful girl was kind of saddening. "I fully support your rain check -- I'll see you in Theatre Studies, we have that together too. Have fun at the garden."

As Jasper started to walk away, Ariana said, "Jazz, you might want to find Micah."

Jasper nodded and walked away. Ariana turned to Isabelle and said, "You really shouldn't say that about yourself. You're very pretty. Anyway, the garden's on the way to the library, where I was going. I could show you the way if you like."

~~~

"Micah, don't climb that tree."

Micah glared down at Jasper, who stood under the tree at the edge of the oval that Micah had climbed in the three minutes he had been gone. The tree was taller than any of the school buildings, and Micah was at the top -- very suspicious.

"And why not?"

"Because you could fall and break your arm," he joked.

"Shut up, Jasper."

Jasper sighed and quickly scaled the tree, using vampire speed and agility to reach the point where Micah sat. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Jasper raised an eyebrow, and Micah groaned.

"Fine. I'm jealous."

"Jealous?"

"I don't want you to make friends with a human and ditch us and give up everything for her."

"Micah, I am a tour guide who doesn't get paid. Little emotional investment required."

"Bullshit. You like her."

"She's funny and actually intelligent."

"No, you like her."

Jasper glowered at him.

Isabelle looked at Jasper as he walked away then looked over at Ariana and gave her a small smile. "Sure I'd love that honestly...I've been asking questions about how to get anywhere...then my other personal tour guide finally made himself seen" and just as she had said that Damien looked over at her and she smiled waving, she actually had to remember to find him after lunch since she had her last four blocks with him and he could show her around.

"You know I don't intentionally put myself down...sometimes it just comes out, I didn't mean to upset him if I had" after her little sister had passed away she really began putting herself down blaming everything on herself because she felt that it had been all her fault.

And even though she told her father that she hadn't thought that way anymore, she still had deep down.

"Anyways we can start going now...I don't want to keep you and I really want to see the garden" she had a childish excitement as she began bouncing up and down lightly then stopped realizing that they were still in the cafeteria full of random strangers.

"Okay, come on," said Ariana. She lead Isabelle out of the cafeteria and across the dry grass of the school lawns. Ariana was graceful and walked like a dancer, like she was always about to leap into a jete or do a flip. She kept careful pace with Isabelle, her hazy blonde hair, conveniently the same shade as Jasper's, bouncing against her back as she walked.

"I apologise if Jasper's been a bit forward or overly weird or anything," said Ariana. "He ... no one really talks to us that much, so you're actually one of the first people in a long time to show him any positive attention. And I know he's really snarky and talks back to teachers and everything, but he's actually a really nice, good person. Oh, and don't worry about Micah, he's just a marshmallow."

They reached the garden, a perfect square of ferns and roses that pummeled Ariana's sensitive nose with overwhelming fragrances. "Here we go, the garden."

She looked at the garden and smiled placed her bag on the ground with s smile. "Oh trust me I know how to handle your brother snarky comments...and he's a really sweet guy, I mean he didn't completely ditch me when she could have so he's not too bad" she said and turned back looking at her. She didn't really look at Ariana the first time that she had introduced herself but she saw how beautiful she was. She had light hair like Jasper's and held herself in a confident way that could make any guy go crazy if they just watched. She assumed that anyone in Jasper's family was just blessed with good looks.

"And you guys seem really cool so I have no problem, it's not every day I speak to this many people" she chuckled softly and plopped down on the ground looking to see how much time she had left to draw a quick sketch of the garden. First she pulled out her phone snapping a picture of the multi colors of flowers then pulled out her drawing pad flipping a few pages in to a clean page.

"Thank you again Ariana for showing me to the garden I appreciate it" she looked up from the drawing pad she placed on her lap and gave her a soft smile then went back to what she did best and began making a base for each of the flowers she had seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.