The Hunger Games (OOC) (signups closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

What year should be begin our Hunger Games at?

• The 49th annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The 50th annual Hunger Games & second Quarter Quell!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • The 51st annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. Few things.

Not so sure about him being the first volunteer from District 10- seems a bit extreme, but it's not a big deal.

I really like the clans idea and the way you make your characters; they each are unique with varying backgrounds. Which is why I don't want to reject the idea. We don't know alot about many of the districts, so there's nothing to say it can't be real, especially because Panem is based on America, and America is filled with varying cultures and backgrounds. So I'm going to say it's acceptable (cool even) but there would really only be one language (all other languages would be faint, still existing, but not commonly used, as Panem would have obliterated it's usage) they would speak mainly, and the clans wouldn't be as thick and family oriented. They still could be clans and together, but it would probably be something Peacekeepers heavily regulate. Factions would be considered a risk to Panem and it's system, so clans or factions wouldn't be able to be as close knit as expected.

And on your token; what is the symbol on? Tokens are a physical object, so is it a necklace, charm, etc?

Alright. Few things.

Not so sure about him being the first volunteer from District 10- seems a bit extreme, but it's not a big deal.

I really like the clans idea and the way you make your characters; they each are unique with varying backgrounds. Which is why I don't want to reject the idea. We don't know alot about many of the districts, so there's nothing to say it can't be real, especially because Panem is based on America, and America is filled with varying cultures and backgrounds. So I'm going to say it's acceptable (cool even) but there would really only be one language (all other languages would be faint, still existing, but not commonly used, as Panem would have obliterated it's usage) they would speak mainly, and the clans wouldn't be as thick and family oriented. They still could be clans and together, but it would probably be something Peacekeepers heavily regulate. Factions would be considered a risk to Panem and it's system, so clans or factions wouldn't be able to be as close knit as expected.

And on your token; what is the symbol on? Tokens are a physical object, so is it a necklace, charm, etc?
I've already explained that when I use the word clan, I am referring to just his family. His family including, his mother, Baruk, Yahweh, and Kalini. Secondly, since only 5 of them even know the language, it's pretty much dead as Panem would expect. However, I'm basing his family's usage of the language strictly from passed down traditions. Which was why I heavily stressed that Baruk enforced core values of the Wind Rider Clan (Which they are the lone survivors of). He doesn't want their beliefs and values to die because of how little of it is left. The token is a brand on Tsu'tey's left leg.

EDIT: the brand isn't necessarily a physical object, but I thought it fit since it was how he branded his cattle. I can make it into an object if you insist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already explained that when I use the word clan, I am referring to just his family. His family including, his mother, Baruk, Yahweh, and Kalini. Secondly, since only 5 of them even know the language, it's pretty much dead as Panem would expect. However, I'm basing his family's usage of the language strictly from passed down traditions. Which was why I heavily stressed that Baruk enforced core values of the Wind Rider Clan (Which they are the lone survivors of). He doesn't want their beliefs and values to die because of how little of it is left. The token is a brand on Tsu'tey's left leg.

Alright. Sorry. I didn't see your message until after I posted (I like to pop my posty things out with the more options thing so I can see the full post. My bad >.<)

So yes, it's great :D I do really like the character.

It only adds to the potential mayhem of the Games *cracks knuckles with an evil grin*

I figure we need at least 3 more characters; I want a maximum of 12 to NPCs, majority to be killed in the bloodbath. Although having more characters woouuld be desirable.

Even more with a Quell based on the books. EEE.

Quiet, what's your take on the possible stats system? Each character would be assigned stats that would effect their attacks on other players.

Why am I suddenly horrified... Also are you okay? Your knuckles... *laughs nervously*

I'd like to play the female from District 11. Just wanted to reserve the spot. I'll get a character sheet up as soon as I can. Thanks :)

Why am I suddenly horrified... Also are you okay? Your knuckles... *laughs nervously*
Yes I'm just a drama-addict. <.<

Hence why I really love Hunger Games roleplays. It's so sandboxy, but with forced drama at the same time.

I figure we need at least 3 more characters; I want a maximum of 12 to NPCs, majority to be killed in the bloodbath. Although having more characters woouuld be desirable.

Even more with a Quell based on the books. EEE.

Quiet, what's your take on the possible stats system? Each character would be assigned stats that would effect their attacks on other players.
Hm, I'm not knew to combat systems, but I'm not very good with stats. In fact, I almost find it better that if characters are going to fight each other, it should be predetermined as to who lives and who dies. For example, Tsu'tey and Edward fight. I'd roll a six sided die. Evens Edward lives, Odds, Tsu'tey wins. Obviously the other dies. There are obvious flaws in this, but it keeps fights fair as to who loses and who wins. Plus I feel like it leaves room for the opposing players to plan out their fight scenes accordingly since the winner and loser are predetermined.

Unfortunately, I am not the best person to ask as I've failed at creating a successful battle system yet.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Hm, I'm not knew to combat systems, but I'm not very good with stats. In fact, I almost find it better that if characters are going to fight each other, it should be predetermined as to who lives and who dies. For example, Tsu'tey and Edward fight. I'd roll a six sided die. Evens Edward lives, Odds, Tsu'tey wins. Obviously the other dies. There are obvious flaws in this, but it keeps fights fair as to who loses and who wins. Plus I feel like it leaves room for the opposing players to plan out their fight scenes accordingly since the winner and loser are predetermined.

Unfortunately, I am not the best person to ask as I've failed at creating a successful battle system yet.

Your input still helps! I'll be putting up a poll with a few ideas that will run for a few days before the IC is up. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Just send them to shadic or me. :D

Reactions: Sans
I'd like to reserve the district 12 female position, I'll try to get the CS up asap. :3

@Lizzy
District 12 female has a CS up already, but has yet to be on since it was put up, so, depending on situations, you may be able to take the slot, but I wouldn't count on it. It is preferable if you would consider a different character. If the pole goes through that we keep the original second quarter quell rules, however, then there will be two female tributes, so it will open up for you. I can give two to three more days for the current holder to post again, or even come online, but if he/she doesn't, then you may have the spot

Reactions: Rainjay
I'd like to reserve the district 12 female position, I'll try to get the CS up asap. :3
Sorry. It would be totally my fault her name isn't up on the list yet. I asked her to add something to her CS and she didn't reply... Sigh.

Which does mean you may have your shot at the position before the IC is up (several people have only left CS forms here without replying again. Be it they've gone or this is the fault of the sometimes faulty notification system I'm unsure.) but for now it has been claimed.

Although really I'm considering making it a rule that all forms of the CS must be filled out or it is invalid

@Rainjay and @Shadicmaster, If that's the case then I wouldn't mind reserving another spot for another district.

Last edited:
Ok.~ :D *feels just bit awkward*

EDIT: Can I reserve the male for district 12? (o3o)

District 3

NAME:

Edward Lovesky

Male

District 3

TOKEN:

White King (Chess Piece)

APPEARANCE:

nerdy_kid_in_glasses_1890896.jpg

PERSONALITY:

Edward is a quirky genius who is often seen talking to himself. These ramblings consist of sequences that he runs in his head. The sequences he runs through are often the possibility of a future event. Sometimes he is calculating an equation of some sort. For example, he may calculate how much force is needed for someone to successfully jump over a crack or fissure and whether or not it is possible for them to succeed. He hates failure and often shuts down after a miscalculation on his part. Edward also hates it when someone points out something he didn't care to look at. He is unnervingly observant and happens to make people uncomfortable with his detached stares.

SKILLS:

Edward can program a computer and explain how most technology he runs into works simply by observing it for a set amount of time. Obviously the more complex the technology, the longer it takes for him to figure out how it works.

STRENGTHS:

Edward is indeed a genius. He is very skilled at problem solving and he is a well renowned chess player in District 3. He is also good at determining the outcome of future events and predicting the future through a series of scenarios and equations that play through his head at amazing speeds.

WEAKNESSES:

Edward does not interact or communicate well with others. Seeing as he is probably one of the youngest competitors, he often fears he will be killed off first. This makes him vulnerable to trust the first person he deems to be a worthy ally for the time being. He is also naive and he doesn't have a lot of experience in the wild at all. Edward was very sheltered and lacks experience when talking to others.

BIOGRAPHY:

Edward Lovesky was born in District 3 to Diana and Viktor Lovesky. He was a very intelligent newborn and was able to speak with the vocabulary of a first grader after just sixteen months. He had a fascination with chess and when he was five years old, he found himself defeating those much older than himself. Destined for great things, he began to study technology when he was just eight. He took apart the family computer and was able to reconstruct it again after just three days. Much to his parents' dismay, he began taking apart other house hold technologies such as televisions and remote controls.

When he was nine, he began studying math and computer science. Professors considered him to be a once in a life engineering prodigy. Unfortunately, he social skills became underdeveloped and he often began repeating formulas to himself. Eventually this habit evolved into a habit of him calculating the possibility of nearly everything. His father lost his job due to system failure, a possibility that Edward himself had predicted after his father had brought home a new computer that had recently been sent in.

In a desperate attempt to get Edward to interact with children his own age, his parents began sending him to regular school, but it was to no avail. He far surpassed the intellect of many of his peers often leading to isolation. He was often lonely, but he claimed that numbers were the only thing he understood. This was quite literal in the sense that he has a hard time understanding the most basic of human emotions and actions. While teachers revered him, his peers despised him. This led to his volunteering for the Hunger Games, much to the dismay of professors and teachers alike.

He has predicted that he has a 2.1% chance of survival that will only decrease. His purpose in volunteering for the Hunger Games is to prove that he is not a tool for the Capital to use freely and to expose the Hunger Games for it what it truly is: A game that encourages the slaughter of innocent people for rich people to enjoy.

Edward Lovesky/12/Male/District 3/Quiet Musician

Oh, I really like him (: When reading his bio my first thought was that I want him to become allies with my character Grey. Obviously we'll figure all of that out once we actually start the role play, but I just wanted to let you know I'm really interested so you can think about it and such (:

Reactions: Sans and Rainjay
Oh, I really like him (: When reading his bio my first thought was that I want him to become allies with my character Grey. Obviously we'll figure all of that out once we actually start the role play, but I just wanted to let you know I'm really interested so you can think about it and such (:
I'm glad that you like my character. He is someone I've been saving up for a long time and I finally get to use him. I am pretty excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.