The Hunger Games (OOC) (signups closed)

What year should be begin our Hunger Games at?

• The 49th annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The 50th annual Hunger Games & second Quarter Quell!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • The 51st annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I reserve the spot for the district 6 female, please?~ (^.^)

sure thing @Lizzy Now get to work! DO EEETTTT!

Name: Marcus Weaver
District: 12
Token: none

Appearance: images-29.jpeg
Marcus has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, his skin in slightly tan but not too much so.

Personality: Marcus is quick to anger and has a habit where he would hit walls with the side of his fist in his anger while walking, or just stare at the ground and count backwards from ten in his head. Even though he is quick to anger, he does his best to not let his emotions get the best of him and tries to hide them. He also doesn't like the Peacekeepers, thinking that they are disgusting. These thoughts also go for the Capital and it's president, even though he would never voice these thoughts. He's not very trusting of others and is more content being alone, it takes quite a bit of work (or some sort of "coincident") to earn his complete trust and have him be just a little bit more open to working with others as long as it works out for him in some beneficial way.

Skills: He can throw certain objects (depending on their weight) pretty far and hard. He also knows a little had to hand combat, but unfortunately it might not be enough.

Strengths: He's a fast runner and is somewhat strong for his age.

Weaknesses: Even though he's fast he tires out easily sometimes and can have a little bit of trouble breathing.

Background history: Marcus was well behaved as a young kid, but always complained to his parents about the Peacekeepers and how 'weird they look' when they were alone at home. He used to run to the trail leading to the coal mines by the electric fence everyday to meet up with his dad, sometimes the two would talk on the way back and other times Marcus would pull his dad aside and toward the fence just to throw things at it for their entertainment while trying to catch his breath. Marcus hasn't applied for tessarae, and is the only child of Thomas and Amy Weaver.

At the end of your form, please fill this in: Character Marcus Weaver/15/male/District 12/Lizzy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rainjay
Name: Marcus Weaver
District: 12
Token: none

Appearance: View attachment 32765
Marcus has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, his skin in slightly tan but not too much so.

Personality: Marcus is quick to anger and has a habit where he would hit walls with the side of his fist in his anger while walking, or just stare at the ground and count backwards from ten in his head. Even though he is quick to anger, he does his best to not let his emotions get the best of him and tries to hide them. He also doesn't like the Peacekeepers, thinking that they are disgusting. These thoughts also go for the Capital and it's president, even though he would never voice these thoughts.

Skills: He can throw certain objects (depending on their weight) pretty far and hard. He also knows a little had to hand combat, but unfortunately it might not be enough.

Strengths: He's a fast runner and is somewhat strong for his age.

Weaknesses: Even though he's fast he tires out easily sometimes and can have a little bit of trouble breathing.

Background history: Marcus was well behaved as a young kid, but always complained to his parents about the Peacekeepers and how 'weird they look' when they were alone at home. He used to run to the trail leading to the coal mines by the electric fence everyday to meet up with his dad, sometimes the two would talk on the way back and other times Marcus would pull his dad aside and toward the fence just to throw things at it for their entertainment while trying to catch his breath. Marcus hasn't applied for tessarae, and is the only child of Thomas and Amy Weaver.

At the end of your form, please fill this in: Character Marcus Weaver/15/male/District 12/Lizzy
Acceppted. Although maybe add a little bit more into your characters personality; all we really get out of it is that he's short tempered and hides his emotions, and that he hates Panem's government. It doesn't say too much about him as a whole.

Edited. That better? :3

Name:Astrid Gaynor

District:5

Token:
A necklace locket that has a raven on it and her favorite poem by Edgar Allen Poe within it which is The Raven.upload_2014-7-7_21-48-58.png

Appearance:
X-Men-First-Class-Trailer-12-Angel-1.jpg
Astrid has black hair and brown eyes. She's about average height weighs 100 pounds. She looks small but shows that she has faint muscle.

Personality: She is very intelligent and creative. She enjoys making strange things or taking them apart to see how they work. She gained much of her knowledge of things around her and in other places through books. She is very confidante in her work that if she builds something it should do what she wants or something close to her intentions. She is not the social butterfly therefor she rather read than be involved in conversation but she will share ideas to others if necessary. She does not share her emotions to others usually because of the thought that it could be a burden on someone if they truly got to know her, because of this she prefers to be alone.

Skills: She specialize in building things that work and by using tools of her surroundings. She is also very go at art for she can make things look realistic and blend in with nature. She has knowledge about some of the safe foods within nature that you can eat.

Strengths: She is very clever, and can build items from scratch and it usually works in some way. Can turn a fight around if given enough time to strategies the her moves so usually for far away combat. She is a fast runner when it comes to having her life on the line.

Weaknesses: Can't really climb, or fight hand-to-hand especially if it is a matter of strength.

Background history: Her father has a job within the maintenance section, and her mother works as equipment manager. Astrid choices to work with her father in maintenance so that she could learn how to take apart and fix things sometimes even make them better. She never really did anything with others because she prefer to read and with the hunger games begin around she never wanted to get to close to anyone in case she was picked she didn't even let her self get extremely close to her parents. At home she would not talk much when they eat meals together unless she had questions that might help her in the future. She learned much from her father at work and at home when he fixed things within the house. She had begun to teacher herself how to make things of her home and after a while she learned how to make things work or get close to doing what she wanted. Some of the kids who lived close to her began to grow jealous of her knowledge or at least that's how she sees it for it was her only explanation on why they had beaten her almost till she was dead. What had happened was that she was going home from work and both her parents had to work over time. A group of kids had surrounded her in a dark alley in a street one block before she was home. They had pushed her to a wall and hit her many times the third hit from one of the kids she had garbed and tried to fight back but it had only made matters worse. When they had finally stopped it was after she had blacked out. When she woke up she noticed where she was and made herself go home not sharing what had happened but she then decided to read books on strategy and began to come up with ways to avoid them she made herself run most of the time when nearing home or leaving for work. Sometimes the kids got close to her and sometimes she couldn't out run them and she could. When she couldn't out run them she would eventually mange to go home but she was usually injured and sometimes couldn't work but she never told who the bullies were. And the more she ran you began to she some muscle form along with the more she defended but it wasn't enough to stop them completely and when there was more than one and she was cornered she never won. She eventually began to express how she felt without telling anyone through poems and drawing and man other forms of art. She became very good and many admired her work. This she knew would make her attackers more jealous, but she didn't care because for her the arts where a way of her freedom and peace. She finally got tired of being beaten up and thought that going into the games would be better and if she died there it wouldn't be much of a loss so she made up her mind she would join when the 50th annual games came around.

At the end of your form, please fill this in (with your characters information):
Astrid Gaynor/15/Female/5/Raven

Last edited by a moderator:
How you were chosen for the games would be good because I beleive five is a career district? If so then you need to explain why she's here. If I'm just being stupid and confusing my districts, then don't mind lip old me ^~^ other than that, she looks good

Yeah it's a career district... I'll edit it to explain why she in.*thinking*I edited it on her history which tells why I she is in the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Hailey Willson
District: 6
Token: A gray woven bracelet she'd gotten from her mother.

Appearance: images-76.jpeg

Hailey is bordering between pale and light tan somewhat, with green eyes and shoulder length black hair. She's also around 5'0".

Personality: Hailey is kind and is the type of girl that has the strangest sense of humor. She doesn't mind getting dirty or roughed up a bit (scrapped knees, etc.) and won't allow herself to be pushed around by certain people. She can be blunt sometimes as well, not liking to sugarcoat things. When anyone brings up the games it causes her to scowl, because just the thought of it makes her sick- but the thought of participating scares her greatly. Hailey tries her best in everything she does and if she fails and is given a second chance to do it again will try even harder. When it comes to other people, she gets along with them fine...though, she easily gets annoyed with certain people even though she tries to be nice to everyone in some way while trying not to appear weak in case someone thinks they can take advantage of her niceness-taking it for granted.

Skills: She is pretty good at swimming and climbing a tree.

Strengths: She can lift medium sized objects (depending on their weight) and throw them pretty far, she's a pretty good swimmer and tree climber and she's a pretty fast runner.

Weaknesses: It takes great effort when it comes to larger and heavier objects, plus she's not the fastest swimmer but is decent. Hailey is decent when it comes to hiding/camouflage.

Background history: Hailey was the eldest child in the Willson home. Unfortunately, around the age of seven did she witness her younger sister suddenly become sick, then died three months after Hailey's eighth birthday. When she turned ten, she met a boy who was a year older then her named Andrew Hunter. The two became close friends and are like siblings to each other. She hasn't applied for tessarae, even though her family kinda needs it.

At the end of your form, please fill this in: Hailey Willson/16/female/District 6/Lizzy

Last edited:
@Raven
You may have confused districts five and six? District five is power so main export there is electricity. If her father is a mechanic for the machines in the factory, then that works out, but I'm just making sure you also understand that

Yeah I do I looked up more about district five and put the two jobs that made since to me. Also that's exactly what the dad does I just wasn't sure how to explain that...

Alright, thank you for that clarification

Your welcome and thanks for bringing it up I didn't think that it looked like I had gotten the two mixed up.

@Shadicmaster, and/or @Rainjay Finished Hailey (district 6 female!~). I think I have everything....I was having trouble with the pic for her token but meh. Hope it's good. :P

Everything seems to check out as far as I see
@Lizzy accepted!

Iwaku isn't giving me notifications again.. Gimme a few minutes to read through the page.

Guys, make sure you vote on the new poll! We really do want your input on the roleplay, and we're asking you guys for your opinion on the Quell! The sooner we can decide what we're gonna do, the sooner the IC can get up. So vote, vote, vote!

UPDATE

All spots have been CLOSED except for Career District positions, leaving with 4 available spots (other than reserved/claimed spaces, which if unfilled by the opening of the IC, will be open to players).

These spots will be REOPENED in the case that the Quarter Quell fills one of the following:
- Double the tributes
- To win, must be paired with district member
- An otherwise bloodbath preventing Quarter Quell new rule

Otherwise they will remain CLOSED and will be filled with NPC spots, to be killed off at the Cornucopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.