The Hunger Games (OOC) (signups closed)

What year should be begin our Hunger Games at?

• The 49th annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The 50th annual Hunger Games & second Quarter Quell!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • The 51st annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a fair way of doing things! But have you considered a random generator? That may be helpful I don't know though. Just thought I'd put that out there.

A random generator for which?

For who dies that day, or if the person gets hit or not. things like that!

Yeah, originally I was like "i'll use a random number generator and see who dies!" but I'm not entirely sure if it'd be fair. But yes, we'll most definitely use generators of pure randomness to make sure things are fair. :)

Yeah, originally I was like "i'll use a random number generator and see who dies!" but I'm not entirely sure if it'd be fair. But yes, we'll most definitely use generators of pure randomness to make sure things are fair. :)
Oh I see okay cool!

Reactions: Rainjay
Yes you indeed may ^^

Also as an update, it does indeed look like we'll be starting with the 50th Quarter Quell. The books say that it was double the tributes, although the problem would be our current lack of that double. So after the poll ends tonight I'll put another one up to get opinions on what we'll do for the Quell- whether we do the same, change it up, etc.

If we do end up doing it double, I'll increase the character per player limit incase anybody is interested in playing more than one.

But also keep in mind. If we do double the tributes, it means you may survive longer due to having more npc death in the bloodbath.

District 3

NAME:

Edward Lovesky

Male

District 3

TOKEN:

White King (Chess Piece)

APPEARANCE:

nerdy_kid_in_glasses_1890896.jpg

PERSONALITY:

Edward is a quirky genius who is often seen talking to himself. These ramblings consist of sequences that he runs in his head. The sequences he runs through are often the possibility of a future event. Sometimes he is calculating an equation of some sort. For example, he may calculate how much force is needed for someone to successfully jump over a crack or fissure and whether or not it is possible for them to succeed. He hates failure and often shuts down after a miscalculation on his part. Edward also hates it when someone points out something he didn't care to look at. He is unnervingly observant and happens to make people uncomfortable with his detached stares.

SKILLS:

Edward can program a computer and explain how most technology he runs into works simply by observing it for a set amount of time. Obviously the more complex the technology, the longer it takes for him to figure out how it works.

STRENGTHS:

Edward is indeed a genius. He is very skilled at problem solving and he is a well renowned chess player in District 3. He is also good at determining the outcome of future events and predicting the future through a series of scenarios and equations that play through his head at amazing speeds.

WEAKNESSES:

Edward does not interact or communicate well with others. Seeing as he is probably one of the youngest competitors, he often fears he will be killed off first. This makes him vulnerable to trust the first person he deems to be a worthy ally for the time being. He is also naive and he doesn't have a lot of experience in the wild at all. Edward was very sheltered and lacks experience when talking to others.

BIOGRAPHY:

Edward Lovesky was born in District 3 to Diana and Viktor Lovesky. He was a very intelligent newborn and was able to speak with the vocabulary of a first grader after just sixteen months. He had a fascination with chess and when he was five years old, he found himself defeating those much older than himself. Destined for great things, he began to study technology when he was just eight. He took apart the family computer and was able to reconstruct it again after just three days. Much to his parents' dismay, he began taking apart other house hold technologies such as televisions and remote controls.

When he was nine, he began studying math and computer science. Professors considered him to be a once in a life engineering prodigy. Unfortunately, he social skills became underdeveloped and he often began repeating formulas to himself. Eventually this habit evolved into a habit of him calculating the possibility of nearly everything. His father lost his job due to system failure, a possibility that Edward himself had predicted after his father had brought home a new computer that had recently been sent in.

In a desperate attempt to get Edward to interact with children his own age, his parents began sending him to regular school, but it was to no avail. He far surpassed the intellect of many of his peers often leading to isolation. He was often lonely, but he claimed that numbers were the only thing he understood. This was quite literal in the sense that he has a hard time understanding the most basic of human emotions and actions. While teachers revered him, his peers despised him. This led to his volunteering for the Hunger Games, much to the dismay of professors and teachers alike.

He has predicted that he has a 2.1% chance of survival that will only decrease. His purpose in volunteering for the Hunger Games is to prove that he is not a tool for the Capital to use freely and to expose the Hunger Games for it what it truly is: A game that encourages the slaughter of innocent people for rich people to enjoy.

Edward Lovesky/12/Male/District 3/Quiet Musician

District 3

NAME:

Edward Lovesky

Male

District 3

TOKEN:

White King (Chess Piece)

APPEARANCE:

nerdy_kid_in_glasses_1890896.jpg

PERSONALITY:

Edward is a quirky genius who is often seen talking to himself. These ramblings consist of sequences that he runs in his head. The sequences he runs through are often the possibility of a future event. Sometimes he is calculating an equation of some sort. For example, he may calculate how much force is needed for someone to successfully jump over a crack or fissure and whether or not it is possible for them to succeed. He hates failure and often shuts down after a miscalculation on his part. Edward also hates it when someone points out something he didn't care to look at. He is unnervingly observant and happens to make people uncomfortable with his detached stares.

SKILLS:

Edward can program a computer and explain how most technology he runs into works simply by observing it for a set amount of time. Obviously the more complex the technology, the longer it takes for him to figure out how it works.

STRENGTHS:

Edward is indeed a genius. He is very skilled at problem solving and he is a well renowned chess player in District 3. He is also good at determining the outcome of future events and predicting the future through a series of scenarios and equations that play through his head at amazing speeds.

WEAKNESSES:

Edward does not interact or communicate well with others. Seeing as he is probably one of the youngest competitors, he often fears he will be killed off first. This makes him vulnerable to trust the first person he deems to be a worthy ally for the time being. He is also naive and he doesn't have a lot of experience in the wild at all. Edward was very sheltered and lacks experience when talking to others.

BIOGRAPHY:

Edward Lovesky was born in District 3 to Diana and Viktor Lovesky. He was a very intelligent newborn and was able to speak with the vocabulary of a first grader after just sixteen months. He had a fascination with chess and when he was five years old, he found himself defeating those much older than himself. Destined for great things, he began to study technology when he was just eight. He took apart the family computer and was able to reconstruct it again after just three days. Much to his parents' dismay, he began taking apart other house hold technologies such as televisions and remote controls.

When he was nine, he began studying math and computer science. Professors considered him to be a once in a life engineering prodigy. Unfortunately, he social skills became underdeveloped and he often began repeating formulas to himself. Eventually this habit evolved into a habit of him calculating the possibility of nearly everything. His father lost his job due to system failure, a possibility that Edward himself had predicted after his father had brought home a new computer that had recently been sent in.

In a desperate attempt to get Edward to interact with children his own age, his parents began sending him to regular school, but it was to no avail. He far surpassed the intellect of many of his peers often leading to isolation. He was often lonely, but he claimed that numbers were the only thing he understood. This was quite literal in the sense that he has a hard time understanding the most basic of human emotions and actions. While teachers revered him, his peers despised him. This led to his volunteering for the Hunger Games, much to the dismay of professors and teachers alike.

He has predicted that he has a 2.1% chance of survival that will only decrease. His purpose in volunteering for the Hunger Games is to prove that he is not a tool for the Capital to use freely and to expose the Hunger Games for it what it truly is: A game that encourages the slaughter of innocent people for rich people to enjoy.

Edward Lovesky/12/Male/District 3/Quiet Musician

Looks good! I like the character. He's unique :). Just make sure the predicting thing (I lack a better name for it) doesn't get too extreme to where it becomes godmodding.

Sweet! I look forward to mapping out our characters' relations to eachother as we seem to be in the same grade of school. My character would be a lot better off if she grew up with the money to actually study more, but as it is, she ended up having to do more housework than school work ^~^'

I'm rather interested in seeing how the alliances form with this one. We've got a pretty young career (14) and then the district 3 male seems pretty invaluable. And both district 3 tributes are youuuunngggg.

Looks good! I like the character. He's unique :). Just make sure the predicting thing (I lack a better name for it) doesn't get too extreme to where it becomes godmodding.
Hm, he's only twelve. He can only predict things happening in front of him or things described to him and/or observed for a set period of time.

District 10

NAME:

Tsu'tey Windrider

Male

DISTRICT 10

TOKEN:

風 Japanese symbol for Wind

APPEARANCE:

hxhii3p79sol7psi-rickmora.jpg

PERSONALITY:

SKILLS:

He is a skilled survivor and knows how to hunt and track livestock thanks to his background in District 10. He is best weapon is the long bow and the hunting knife. Tsu'tey is the provider of nourishment to his family. He is responsible for bringing home game and breeding their only cattle. He knows how to skin and gut an animal. He also knows what plants are safe to eat in the wild and is skilled at identifying poisons.

STRENGTHS:

Tsu'tey is fast on his feet and incredibly nimble. He isn't incredibly strong, but he can lift only a little more than average. He can climb trees and is an excellent survivalist in the wilderness as a whole.

WEAKNESSES:

Tsu'tey does not speak the common language of the districts very well. This makes communication with anyone outside of his family incredibly difficult. He speaks in broken sentences and his accent is so thick that it is often hard to understand him. Tsu'tey has a quick temper and he is not trusting of outsiders. Outsiders being anyone not included in his family. Hand to hand combat is pretty weak. Doesn't know anything about technology and is unfamiliar with many things that are produced in the capital. Tsu'tey is also aggressive towards anyone who is harmful to nature. He also doesn't like those who are wasteful, making him seem difficult to get along with.

BIOGRAPHY:

Tsu'tey was born to Nala and Baruk Windrider. He is the eldest son of his family and is the sole provider of nourishment for the family. In his younger years Baruk was often teaching him the values of the Wind Rider Clan. Their goal was always to do what was best for the land and for the survival of the Clan. These beliefs have always been the motivation for Tsu'tey's way of thinking. He was eager to take on his father's burden of being the sole provider of nourishment. Baruk smiled upon this and in turn, taught Tsu'tey all he could about the art of hunting. He grew up with idea that every part of the animal was to be used and should never be wasted. When Tsu'tey was ten years old, he went on his first hunt with his father. They killed a large buck that provided his family with food for a few days. It was a feat Baruk was very proud of.

On Tsu'tey's twelfth birthday, his mother gave birth Kalini Windrider. He worked even harder to bring back better game while his father and Tsu'tey shared the burden of raising what little cattle they had. Kaliini Windrider is the youngest child of the Wind Rider Clan. The middle child was Yahweh, the second eldest son who was responsible for gathering herbs in case anyone should get sick. Winter time was the harshest time for his family. Food was scarce and game was seldom seen. They often suffered from hunger during this time of the year. It was so bad that one day, Yahweh had to beg for food from the capital to ensure their survival.

Shortly after came the time for the Hunger Games and Yahweh's name had been drawn. Tsu'tey volunteered to go in his stead and made Yahweh promise that he would take the burden of providing nourishment for the family. His family supports him with faith that he will go far with what he has been taught. He said that if he came back alive, he would share his earnings with everyone in the Wind Rider Clan.

Tsu'tey Windrider/18/Male/District 10/Quiet Musician​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm... Not so sure about how clans and such would work out, especially the existence of languages other than the cominality. The building of the great country panem would have eradicated that

I'll read through it in a second. I'm in the middle of worldbuilding a new roleplay, so I'm only paying half attention to my alerts >.< Give me a minute.

Ummm... Not so sure about how clans and such would work out, especially the existence of languages other than the cominality. The building of the great country panem would have eradicated that
Actually it's stated that Aboriginal languages are spoken in Panem as well as Spanish and English. Secondly, when I say clan, I'm referring to just his family.

Ill look the facts back up again, though I'm not so sure on that. For now though we can let it go

Status
Not open for further replies.