The Hunger Games (OOC) (signups closed)

What year should be begin our Hunger Games at?

• The 49th annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The 50th annual Hunger Games & second Quarter Quell!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • The 51st annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry my CS isn't up yet I'm home on vacation so it's proving difficult to get it completed. I'm still here though and wanting to participate.

@Megilwen, I really love your avatar and hope to get the chance to RP with you!~ :)

Sorry my CS isn't up yet I'm home on vacation so it's proving difficult to get it completed. I'm still here though and wanting to participate.
It's fine. You still have plenty of time before the games begin and your spot will stay reserved (as you're still active on the OOC) :)

Nolan Antleran, #8B0000
Name: Nolan Rosen Antleran

District: Seven

Token: A tough leather pair of gloves that have “Champ” stitched in to the back of both. They were his grandfather’s.

Appearance:

381377_291927884162737_153765557978971_1065762_649566003_n1.jpg

Personality:

Nolan has always been a very genuine person, much like his father and Grandfather before him. There’s a running joke in their community that whittling away at the wood all day whittles away at any façade a man may try to hide.

His warm smile often disarms everyone's natural aversion to him due to his larger size. Humble, though not shy, he sometimes holds difficulty in seeing his own potential. His size has also halted people from noticing his mind and the way he analyzes people and events.

Skills:

Durable- From his hours in the woods, chopping away and felling trees, Rosen has built a notable endurance. He doesn’t tire as quickly as others and can keep a steady pace in physical tasks for extended periods of time.

Agile- His time chasing small game through the woods has made Rosen deceptively agile. Though he can’t run on branches or anything of the sort, he can move with assurance through thick brush and pad his footsteps somewhat.

Strength – Years of physical and strenuous work have made Rosen a tough individual. His upper body has been honed from years of carrying lumber and axes. Specifically he carries most of his strength around his shoulders and forearms.

Axe/Hatchet wielder – It’s pretty much a given, for his district. But Rosen is proficient with various forms of axes and hatchets.

Weaknesses:

Lumber accident – A few years back, while not paying attention, Rosen almost lost his life in a lumber accident. Instead, he broke his leg and was left with large scar running the length of it. Though it healed, to this day it still gives him trouble and doesn’t handle jump shock too well (if he were to jump from a platform to the ground). The mended area, due to the miniscule area of space in-between the two mended pieces of bones, is susceptible to weather and pressure changes that he can feel that often are enough to wake him up at night.

Vision – Rosen doesn’t have the best vision and hasn’t since he was a child. During the day, he is able to compensate and it doesn’t present much of a challenge, but during the nights, his vision is strained at best most of the time. The rod and cone receptors in his eyes don’t receive information well like normal individuals and he is forced to rely on sound more.

Defender – Though normally this would be a good attribute, in the Games, it isn’t. Rosen is a defender through and through. With his larger body and stout frame, he intimidates others before they have a chance to hear him speak (which are usually some of the kindest words they’ll hear for the rest of the day). He goes out of his way to help out other individuals in a rather altruistic fashion.

Background History:

Rosen grew up in a moderately sized household. Food was always on the table, no matter how sparse it was and love was abundant throughout the home. From a young age, honesty and integrity were forced on to him as much as the act of chopping wood. Always with an excess of energy, Rosen quickly began to take after his father, chopping wood on the weekends and hunting small game with his father through the woods when they could.

Through the years, his father and grandfather taught him how to use an axe and hatchet. Along with other things, they taught him how to be sufficient and versatile with carving knives (in a non-lethal fashion) and groomed him to be a man of self-sufficiency. His ever-racing mind found solace in the monotony of many of the tasks that his district was tasked with.

One of his most vivid memories involving his father and mother centers around the day he felled his first tree. He had woken up early, before the rays of the sun could fully kiss the land and set to work preparing to take on his tree. The night prior to that had been filled with restless sleep from his mind. Approaching the tree could have been likened to David approaching Goliath, for all that he saw it as. For some reason, as he approached it, he began to cry, but hefted his axe anyway and set to work. It was midday before his parents found him and his mother rushed to help him. At this point, his hands were bleeding and he was grunting in agony with every swing, but his father stopped her telling her that if he didn’t do this on his own, he’d never learn the reward of “getting it by your own hands”.

Hours later, in the midst of a dying sun, the familiar creaking and crash could be heard as his tree finally fell. With a cry of exhaustion, he fell to his knees. He felt an arm around his shoulder and expected to feel the slim yet muscled arm of his mother. Instead, he looked up to see his father, tears tracing the lines of his face as he embraced his son. He hadn’t seen fit to encourage his son during the process, but now that the tree was down, he could truly express his gratitude.

Years later, Rosen walked out of a tattoo parlor, a fresh message forever painted on the skin of his chest. “Get It By Your Hands”.

Another memory centers around the one and only time he was caught with fresh game in his hand by a Peacekeeper. At the ripe age of 9, he knew that the punishment would be swift and precise, but he still hadn’t been fully prepared for the sting of the whip as it razed across his skin. It seemed like an eternity before the lashes stopped and there seemed to be a scuffle behind him. He turned to see his father, grandfather and uncle all wrestling with two Peacekeepers while the third tried to assault them all with a whip. Later, he’d asked why his father jumped in and without missing a beat his Uncle spoke up. “Family means putting yourself on the line because the love you hold for another is too strong. Family is pain just as love is. Family doesn’t back down and neither should you.”

Nolan Antleran/18/Male/Seven/Stein

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi
I'm gonna assume Stein needs a bit more time to finish?

Come on, guys! We just need some career tributes before we can begin!

Character Sheet Let me know if I need to change anything. :)

Name:
Scarlet Willow
District:
Token:
An old coin on a chain passed down through her family from mother to daughter.
token.jpg
Appearance:
hungergames.jpg
Personality:
Bubbly and friendly, tends to talk a lot asking questions, always learning and willing to learn.
Skills:
She’s familiar with many poisonous and edible planets and can make a full meal, minus the meat out of things she’s found out in the woods or in the fields. It’s a great supplement to the little bit that they get from rations.
Strengths:
She is fast, able to run long distances. She is more toward hiding instead of fighting.
Weaknesses:
She is not the strongest around and tends to avoid violent or angry confrontations, as violence tends to make her feel sick.
Background history:
She’s the only child. Her father is a mechanic who helps to keep all the farming equipment working, while her mother works in the fields, like most everyone else. Her family did well enough meaning that she didn’t have to take tessarae. She’s always enjoyed running and would sometimes just sprint through the rows and rows of cotton until she was far enough in that she could lay down amongst the stalks and stare at the sky, forgetting everything else. Her favorite thing about living in district 11 was that after the harvests were done the district would gather and have a large feast, all the families sharing something at the table. Children would laugh and play games, it was the one time of the year when all the hardships could be forgotten.

At the end of your form, please fill this in (with your characters information):
Scarlett Willow/17/Female/11/Megilwen

I'm gonna assume Stein needs a bit more time to finish?

Come on, guys! We just need some career tributes before we can begin!

Yep. Don't worry though, it's just a couple areas I want to touch up on. And I didn't have the picture I wanted to save on that computer I was using.

Reactions: Rainjay
Character Sheet Let me know if I need to change anything. :)

Name:
Scarlet Willow
District:
Token:
An old coin on a chain passed down through her family from mother to daughter.
View attachment 33010
Appearance:
View attachment 33011
Personality:
Bubbly and friendly, tends to talk a lot asking questions, always learning and willing to learn.
Skills:
She’s familiar with many poisonous and edible planets and can make a full meal, minus the meat out of things she’s found out in the woods or in the fields. It’s a great supplement to the little bit that they get from rations.
Strengths:
She is fast, able to run long distances. She is more toward hiding instead of fighting.
Weaknesses:
She is not the strongest around and tends to avoid violent or angry confrontations, as violence tends to make her feel sick.
Background history:
She’s the only child. Her father is a mechanic who helps to keep all the farming equipment working, while her mother works in the fields, like most everyone else. Her family did well enough meaning that she didn’t have to take tessarae. She’s always enjoyed running and would sometimes just sprint through the rows and rows of cotton until she was far enough in that she could lay down amongst the stalks and stare at the sky, forgetting everything else. Her favorite thing about living in district 11 was that after the harvests were done the district would gather and have a large feast, all the families sharing something at the table. Children would laugh and play games, it was the one time of the year when all the hardships could be forgotten.

At the end of your form, please fill this in (with your characters information):
Scarlett Willow/17/Female/11/Megilwen

I'm not really sure on how large of a feast district 11 would be having (in the books it is mentioned that they barely get enough food to get them through the harvest, as nearly all of it goes to the Capitol) but accepted!

Oh I wasn't talking large...just more of a let's all get together and celebrate the end of our work season. Share what we do have kind of thing. Not a here's a ton of food, that we don't have type of thing. Building the community or something along those lines.

Can I throw in my hat for the district 1 female? I'll have a profile sometime soon.

Oh I wasn't talking large...just more of a let's all get together and celebrate the end of our work season. Share what we do have kind of thing. Not a here's a ton of food, that we don't have type of thing. Building the community or something along those lines.
Alright. Just checking :P

@Quiet Musician
@Karci
@Lizzy
@Raven
@lethal_fever
@Megilwen
@Hayverly

IC should be up soon, guys! We're still looking for the Career's (as they don't tend to die off immediately), and have the rest as NPCs. Unfortunately, that means that for the Quell, we probably cannot do the first option, tying district tributes to their partners. However we're working with the other top options from the poll.

And we need to clarify the death/combat system. Any opinions would be great! Below are the previously discussed options

1. A random generator will determine who dies each day. There will be numbers set aside for no deaths or multiple deaths
2. Shadic and I will set stats to each player. Then when you encounter a fight, you will use these stats to determine hits. Stamina = Dodging, escaping Strength = Melee attacks, attack strength stuff like that.
3. When you encounter a fight, the attacker will roll with a system like, 1-2 = miss, 3-4 = minor hit, 5 = medium hit, 6 = critical. Then the attacked would roll for a 1 or a 2, meaning they dodged. A certain number of minors, mediums, or critical hits will equate to death

Let us know your thoughts!

Can I throw in my hat for the district 1 female? I'll have a profile sometime soon.
I'll reserve the spot for you! Thanks for joining. :)

head_desk_by_catmaniac8x-d4pz9ps.gif

I WANNA JOIN...

tumblr_lqcektZWEc1qzi64q.gif

but... I can only play a female....

curseyou.gif

DAMN THIS WEAKNESS

Anyways, love the idea surprised no one's thought of it before. Good luck... or wait... May the odd be ever in your favor!

Reactions: Megilwen
head_desk_by_catmaniac8x-d4pz9ps.gif

I WANNA JOIN...

tumblr_lqcektZWEc1qzi64q.gif

but... I can only play a female....

curseyou.gif

DAMN THIS WEAKNESS

Anyways, love the idea surprised no one's thought of it before. Good luck... or wait... May the odd be ever in your favor!

If you truly want to you can play a female from district 8 or 9. They're supposed to be closed, but.. I feel bad rejecting promising players D: So it's up to you! You're not the only one with a female-only curse :P

If you truly want to you can play a female from district 8 or 9. They're supposed to be closed, but.. I feel bad rejecting promising players D: So it's up to you! You're not the only one with a female-only curse :P

How about you keep me posted yeah? If worse comes to worse I will apply for a Co-GM spot so I can at least help out and pitch in ideas. ^.^

How about you keep me posted yeah? If worse comes to worse I will apply for a Co-GM spot so I can at least help out and pitch in ideas. ^.^
Sure thing. I'll let you know when IC is open and stuff.

Here we go, unwarranted opinion time:

Option 1: My major beef with this is how it would work. If the character successfully and realistically manages to dodge what's thrown at them, does a blast of fire hit them at midnight? You'd also have to figure out how to incorporate advantages- An 18 year old career with a gun, sword or another weapon is a heck of a lot more likely to survive than a twelve year old from District 1 who was unfortunate enough to have no one volunteer and has never left their estate before, with nothing but clothes and their wits.

Option 2: Apart from my innate dislike of having numerical stats attached to qualities that are analog attributes and manifest in different ways as well as being bound to those numbers, I don't see many problems other than it being a little overly complicated.

Option 3: I'm going back to my option 1 statement: However unlikely, that district 1 rich kid could get up from being nearly mortally wounded and pinned to the ground by that career to beating the living stuffing out of him in one moment and with the aid of the random number god.

Sorry if I'm being rude >_< my honest suggestion would be to do honest, normal RP combat unless someone is deemed as playing unrealistically and leave whether people want to preordain fights to them...

@Fernweh: I really prefer to play female chars, but if you want my slot I can switch to a guy... Let me know though so I can start writing!

Option 1: My major beef with this is how it would work. If the character successfully and realistically manages to dodge what's thrown at them, does a blast of fire hit them at midnight? You'd also have to figure out how to incorporate advantages- An 18 year old career with a gun, sword or another weapon is a heck of a lot more likely to survive than a twelve year old from District 1 who was unfortunate enough to have no one volunteer and has never left their estate before, with nothing but clothes and their wits.

Option 2: Apart from my innate dislike of having numerical stats attached to qualities that are analog attributes and manifest in different ways as well as being bound to those numbers, I don't see many problems other than it being a little overly complicated.

Option 3: I'm going back to my option 1 statement: However unlikely, that district 1 rich kid could get up from being nearly mortally wounded and pinned to the ground by that career to beating the living stuffing out of him in one moment and with the aid of the random number god.

Sorry if I'm being rude >_< my honest suggestion would be to do honest, normal RP combat unless someone is deemed as playing unrealistically and leave whether people want to preordain fights to them...

@Fernweh: I really prefer to play female chars, but if you want my slot I can switch to a guy... Let me know though so I can start writing!

That would be amazing, however I don't want to put you out so if you would be so generous that would be lovely. ^.^

It's not rude. It's totally valid. That's why I bother to ask; because if I'm going to be honest, I'm stuck on the problem myself. I don't want to attach stats or use randomizing die or anything, I feel it forces players into things unfair, but I also worry that it might become an issue to rely on players to know when their character's should be put to rest, and when they have strength to move on. Perhaps an extra rule regarding this, with GMs making sure that no character is too OP and that dying characters need to die should be put in place instead.

@Fernweh : District 1 female is yours if you so desire it, if you deem to accept, I'd like to reserve the male slot instead XD

@Rainjay : A rule from my old Mass Effect game:
IN THE EVENT THAT DEATH SEEMS UNAVOIDABLE: Your character may be killed to avoid godmodding. Only the GM can do this. This isn't a punishment, just realism. If you have a good way to get out of it after your character is dead, please PM the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.