The Human and Divine

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zora listened to him, she was surprised that he knew about them. She didn't feel like he was a danger, but she knew from Aiko that she had to be careful. "What do you mean? How do you know? And, shouldn't you tell them you know, it's only fair." She told him.

"I will when certain parties aren't around." He glanced at Kenji when he said this. "And I can tell because I myself am similar to Neave and Nithya, supposedly. And because I can use magic if you had forgotten." He then bowed his head and decided to tell her: "I'm not actually a new student here. I came to this place actually looking for Aiko's shrine. To get some answers." He wasn't lying. At least not completely. He did want answers. But how he got them, he didn't really have any plans for.

Zora nodded, she could understand not saying anything when Kenji was around. She was trying herself to keep things a secret. Suddenly she was surprised to hear why he was really there. If he wanted to go to the shrine, he had to know about her, but what did he want to know? "So, what kind of answers are you looking for? You know, I live at Aiko's shrine."

"Some people from my home village used to call me things like Demi and monster, I want to know why. I've done some research and it seems Aiko might be able to tell me why." He sighs and looks lost I. Memory.

Aria just about toppled backward in imitation of Yui. He didn't, largely because his skirt wasn't floor-length as hers was. Instead, he took a few deep breaths and faced Kenji head on. "Kenji-kun, do you believe in magic? I mean real, Western, school-in-Britain-for-training-wizards magic. Heck, while I'm at it I'll throw in divine beings, infernal creatures, boogeymen, and completely honest politicians."

Kenji laughed at the last "divine creature." "Um... Well I wouldn't say I have. I mean even now I am a little skeptical of the tricks that Soul just did, but they were very convincing. As for Divine beings... I feel that there may be something there. There are just some things in this world that seem just a bit too perfect to be a coincidence. What about you Aria, oh and you too Yui?"

"Hmm." Aria had to think that one over carefully.

"I-I-I do believe that there's more than just humans. So... it makes sense that some of those would be different, right? Some may have abilities that seem magical, or maybe seem like monsters."

"Hey, yeah. You've heard about the American Bigfoot, right? And the Himalayas have Yeti, and there's a monster in the Loch Ness in Ireland."

"Right. So... something that could make a wish come true isn't too strange an idea, is it? Something different than a human, but still a nice person, who would listen to one small girl wishing for a friend." Yui was blushing lightly, but anyone looking at her softly smiling face could see how happy she was. "A-anyway, that's what I believe in. Aria calls that sort of person a Kami."

Zora listened to Soul, so he was something different. She was wondering why he had the magic, she was planning on talking to Aria about it later but now it seemed she didn't have to. "I see." Zora said, seeing how mentioning it bothered him. She placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled at him. "I'm sure she'll be able to help, she knows a lot. Why don't you come after school and we can talk to my mom."

"I think I will. Thank you." He hugged her again. He was letting himself forget his mission. He held her close for a few more seconds then let her go. He stood and waited for everyone else to be ready to go.

Zora blushed a bit when he hugged her again. It didn't go away until he let go. She smiled at him, "Your Welcome." She said, then headed back for the door to the steps. "Come on everyone, let's get back to class." She said and headed down the stairs for her next class. It took a long time for the rest of the school day to go by, but soon enough the last bell rang and everyone was going off to their clubs or going home. Of course, Zora was going to head home. Her job was back at the shrine and she offered to have people over as well. She picked up her bag and stood up from her chair to leave.

Soul stood waiting just outside the front door to the school. He didn't know how to get to the shrine, and it might be nice to have company while he walked. So he waited.

Kenji had just stepped outside the doors of the school. He saw Soul there alone. He needed to keep a close eye on him. "Yo. You waiting for your new girlfriend? Man its only your first day here and already you pick up a girl. I need to pick up the slack if I have competition like you!" Kenji laughed, patting Soul on the back.

Who the hell do you think you are kid. You are a nuisance, and I will do away with you the moment I get the chance.

Last edited:
Soul laughed. "Yeah, sure. 'Cause I'm that kind of person." Soul knew things about Kenji, things he wouldn't talk about until the need arises. For now he wasn't a threat. Soul leaned back against the wall. He crossed his arms over his chest.

Zora made her way out of the classroom and out to the main entrance of the school. She noticed Soul and Kenji there once she got out. "Oh, hey guys." She said cheerfully once she got there. "What are you talking about?" She stopped once she was with them.

"Oh nothing really. Got any interesting topics?" Soul stood straight, no longer leaning on the wall. His arms fell to his side. He smiled. Soul yawned and covered his mouth. "Oh, sorry."

Last edited by a moderator:
Aria waited until Zora was gone, as well as most of the students, before letting himself collapse onto his desk. He felt about ready to give up the ghost; it was halfway out his mouth already. Aria promised Aiko he would behave himself and watch over Zora. A large part of that was making sure the normal students didn't get involved in anything regarding the Kami and Demons. He'd had a scolding (though not a very harsh one) for tying a group of delinquents up with their boxers wedgied over their heads two months ago. They totally deserved it for trying to hurt Yui, yes, but using his powers on them was still a breach of etiquette.

"I'll never make it to the end of the year. It's a whole month until April."

"It's alright, Aria-chan!" Yui tried to comfort him. "I think Soul-san is a really nice person. Those lilies he made were beautiful!"

Aria flinched. He'd seen lilies, also; that fact alone made him nervous about his own identity. He was trying to forget about it, dismissing it as just a coincidence; but looking at his skirt and seeing Yui standing beside his desk, Aria was worried. And Yui had seen lilies, too.

No, he couldn't dwell on it! It meant nothing! Aria pushed himself to his feet and clenched his fist dramatically. "We are the perfect couple! And this weekend's date is going to be fantastic!"

Yui looked at him in confusion, not understanding where he was coming from at all. Aria took her by the hand and pulled her along. They needed to hurry out; the others were already ahead of them.

He sigh once more as he saw Aria dragging Yui along and gave a friendly smile. "So, where to first?" Soul asked politely, sliding his hands into his pockets.

Nithya and Naeve just quietly returned to class much to ones hatred for the place. Regardless,the twins were mildly feeling flickers of enjoyment in the time they spent with the others. Not that Nithya would ever admit that due to her pride.

As the bell went, Nithya idly remembered the note from Kenji. With a small sound of recognition she quickly excused herself much to Naeve's curiousity. However she was slowed slightly by the mass of books she received from the school. Reaching the gates she turned to Kenji, seemingly ignoring the others. "I need to speak with you." She stated
quietly before glancing to Naeve.

The other twin caught up, carrying a lighter load since she actually tried to learn today, And stared over at her twin before pouting slightly.She hated secrets. She was silent for a moment before smiling as she glanced to Zora and the others."Can I come to visit Aiko-sama? "

"Of course, everyone can come if they would like." Zora said, once everyone from lunch was there though Nithya took Kenji to talk about something for the moment. "My mom loves company." She said, starting to walk away from the school entrance. Kenji and Nithya could catch up with them. She was sure they would know where they were going and they wouldn't be walking that fast. They could probably follow them as they spoke.

Soul followed close behind Zora, or as close as Aria would let him get. Only occasionally glancing back. Soul yawned one last time before asking: "A little magic to entertain us on the walk?"

Status
Not open for further replies.