The Human and Divine

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'd advise against it." Aria took a glance back at Kenji, making sure he was a safe distance away. "The streets are too crowded. Try simple conversation instead. Like this: Soul-kun, what's your favorite pastime?" He even nudged the boy forward some so he'd be right next to Zora and have to direct his answers to her.

"Uh, reading. Yours?" He asked Zora after being nudged and pushed to being right beside her. He walked at a pace matching hers.

Zora noticed Soul had somehow ended up walking beside her. "I like helping my mother with her work." She said, thinking about what her mother does. There were many days when she would help her get two people together. There was something about it that made Zora happy to see the people together once they were. They were getting closer to the outskirts of the city where Aiko's shrine was located.

"I think I can see it. It's actually quite good looking. Hmm..." Soul's paced slowed to a stop. He was lost in racing thoughts and memories. He just stood there, in deep thought staring at the building.

"Yes, we work really hard on it to keep the shrine nice." Zora said to Soul with a smile. The Shrine was her home and she was proud of it. They continued and after not too long they were at the steps to the shrine. Zora began to head up the flight of stairs and entered the shrine. She was taking them to the main building, Aiko would be in there. She put her hand to the door and slid it open.

Aiko was sitting on a map, ease dropping on people's date using her divine power. She quickly made the mirror like thing disappear when she saw Zora had brought some friends over. "Oh, welcome." Aiko said. Aiko took a look at Soul, it was obvious that she could sense the power in him, she was a very old god after all.

Soul slowly starts back toward the shrine, freeing himself from the trance. He walked up the stairs and into the building, following the others. Once he saw Aiko he paused once more. He shook his head and spoke: "Hello."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: RaccoonKing
"Ah alright. Um... Should we talk in private?..." Kenji knew exactly what was going on, but he needed to keep up appearances. For now he needed to just pretend like he had no idea what was happening.

Aria lowered himself to his knees and dipped his head in a small, respectful bow. Yui followed suit, both reverencing the Kami. "It is wonderful to see you again, Aiko-sama."

"Thank you for allowing us into your home."

Nithya nodded softly, wrapping her fingers around his wrist before she headed over towards the back of the school.Reaching the empty grounds she turned towards Kenji with a blank stare, head tilted to one side as she sighed softly."What is it you wish to talk about Kenji-kun?"

Reaching the shrine, Naeve had cheered up greatly. She was slowly coming to enjoy herself which was evident by the glimmer in her blue eyes. "Aiko-Sama" She greeted, bowing slightly. Gods rarely bowed to one another but the twins held respect for the goddess of love. Her eyes turned to Yui and Aria. " You know who she is?" She asked, shocked slightly

"What do I wish to talk about?..." "Fun. Yes fun. You see, you and I actually have quite the similar tastes, Goddess of Death and Chaos. I can see us having such wondrous times together. However I can not give you my true name, nor show you my true form. Should you keep quiet about what you have heard, just now, especially from the Goddess of Love, I can promise you fun beyond your wildest dream. I may request a few things from you now and again so that we may obtain this excellent prize. Oh, and if anyone asks... "Just say I told you I have a crush on Zora will you? Remember don't tell anyone. See you tomorrow!" With that, Kenji road his bike off into the city. He found a nice place to hide where he could see the entrance to the shrine.

Lets hope I can trust Death...

Nithya pauses, eyes wide before she giggled softly as he vanished. It truly did sound amazing, the fun that could occur from this caused a small spark of excitement. "Ne...Kenji-kun...i wonder what I will decide to do" She shrugged, turning on her heels as she headed towards the shrine. " Chaos doesn't like obeying requests " Eventually, she made it to the entrance of the shrine, a sigh escaping her lips as she headed towards the other. Noticing Aiko she smiles slightly, returning back to her informal self. "Aiko-Chan!" she cheered, appearing by Naeve.

Aiko giggled once she saw everyone who was visiting her. "Oh good afternoon Aria, Yui, Naeve and Nithya" She said. "Did you two twins have fun on your first day of school, learn anything new yet about humans? Oh and well of course Aria and Yui know me, why Aria and I had a little falling out quite some time ago." She stated, looking over the group. "And, I see there's someone new here with you all. Any friend of Zora's is welcome here."

Zora noticed Nithya came in, but no Kenji. She guessed it would be better for him not to be there right now so they could discuss some things. It would be harder to make up something about Aiko. "Good evening, mom." Zora said, setting her bag down to the side of the room.

Naeve smiled brightly as she shed the appearance of a high school student to take an older form, one that is much closer to her goddess form. She stood slightly taller, her hair having gained some waves as it fell down to her back, one eye concealed by the raven locks. Instead she adorned a white yukata with silver and light blue linings upon it. Idly the elder twin stretched her arms above her head, looking over to Aiko with a smile. "It really as intriguing! Humans have developed so much more in our absence, I almost respect them for their advances." She paused, tapping her lip softly before pausing. "I truly find mathematics interesting above the other subjects I participated in today." She replied, clasping her hands together. "But it is nice to be out of those restricting forms."

Nithya looked stunned, pouting slightly as she seemed to sulk. "School was not fun. How can you sit around for hours learning about such useless subjects?" She whined softly, her head lulled forwards as she sighed. Then again, when Nithya would be introduced to an art lesson she would find some love for the school. Following her sisters example she adorned a yukata to match Naeve's except with a onyx black and shades of red. Her hair was in thick curls, opposing the waves her sister had that were pulled back into a ponytail by a thin red ribbon. There was a silence before she pulled the flower out, showing it to Aiko. "Ah! Soul-kun made a flower I can touch!" Still, her attention was drawn to the plant.

It was only then that Nithya noticed Aria and Yui, her head tilted. "You have a fight with Aria-san?" Nithya was quiet for a moment or two before she laughed in response. "Did Aria-san win? I bet Aria-san won." She was chaos after all so a little argument seemed to bring a new side to her. "So I guess these two know who you are Aiko-chan..." She trailed off before walking over to them, holding her hand out to shake. "Let me introduce myself formally then. I'm Nithya, otherwise known as the Goddess of Death and Chaos." She introduced in a slight whisper, attempting to use mortal customs to be polite.

"Oh, Aiko-chan, I need to speak to you privately later on if you will allow me."

Aiko listened to the two sides of the twins. "I see, so Naeve seems to like school more than Nithya. That is to be expected. Perhaps, watching the people would be more your style Nithya." Aiko said, then took a look at the flower. "Oh, very nice. It seems to be staying while in your grasp, how sweet." She paused, then began to laugh. "Oh, I don't know. Aria who do you feel won?" She trailed off and let the goddess introduce herself before resonding back about talking to her later. "If you would like, I will gladly talk to you." She said.

"Oh, that reminds me mom. Soul would like to speak with you too." Zora added.

"Then he can come talk to me any time we wants to." Aiko added, with her small smile that was always on her face.

"Eh-heh. It's nice to meet you officially, Nithya-san. I wouldn't call it a fight, really; I just had to learn a few rules. Like "don't tie a giant ribbon around the shrine" and "ask for Zora's permission before you change what she's wearing." Little rules like those that you wouldn't know unless you were told. But that is so last year. Now I'm a model student and upstanding member of the community."

"Aria-chan, did you forget last week? In the teachers' lounge..."

"There's no proof I was there!" he objected, raising his hands defensively. "And it wouldn't be right to blame whomever did do it anyway!"

"And that shop at the mall..."

"I didn't steal anything. I make all my own clothes; I just happened to do a good job of copying the design."

"The theater..."

"Which? No, wait! Weren't we here to talk about something that wasn't me?" Aria looked around desperately. Zora's reminder that they were here for Soul was a heaven-sent mercy. "That's right! Soul, you wanted to know about something, right? Go ahead, the floor is all yours."

Nithya just laughed softly as she brushed off her yukata. "Just cause me Nithya. If you have been accepted by Aiko you have to be a good person." She glanced briefly to Naeve who paused before nodding. "Even Naeve agrees and she governs over life and judgement." She pointed out before finding the pairs chat amusing. "Ah! I want to do all that." She murmured, seeming to sulk before shrugging. "Chaos is no fun unless you can cause it." She added quietly before looking to Naeve and Aiko. "When can I speak with you Aiko-chan?"

Naeve shook her head at her sisters antics before closing her eyes. "I will return to our shrine now Nithya, I need to finish the last part. After all, I'm guessing we will be doing our jobs for once so we should be present here." Yes, the twins had already decided they would do their jobs properly, meaning they would listen to mortal prayers and try to accomplish them. Naeve smiled briefly before bowing. "Good day Aiko-sama, Zora-san, Yui-san, Aria-san and Soul-san." With the quick flourish of a bow she vanished in a flutter of white mist that curled around her previous place tauntingly.

"No time like the present I guess. You are, or so I have been informed, the Goddess of Love. So I have a question. I was once told that I may or may not be related to a divine, and seeing as you're the only divine I've met in the past few years I thought maybe you could at least attempt to tell me if this is true or not?" Soul asked this earnestly, yet his tone and facial expressions were serious. And somewhat like a lost child. He honestly didn't know who his own father, and there was doubt about his mother anyways.

Reactions: RaccoonKing
Aiko waved good bye to Naeve, then focused back on her sister. "We can speak once Soul is finished asking his question." She told Death with a large sweet smile. She then listened to Soul's question. "Yes, there are times when God's will have children with humans. It isn't uncommon, it was a long time ago, but it is becoming more normal in this day and age." She stated. "Though, I cannot tell you who your parents are at the moment, it is a possibility that you could be half god, half human. I can sense something in you, I would say it is rue for you." Aiko stood up so she could talk in private with Nithya.

Zora listened as her mother explained. She hoped Soul would get the answers he wanted.

Listening to Soul Nithya just frowned. A child of a God and mortal? Would he not be shunned for his heritage? However, she did not want to intrude on his privacy "If my abilities allowed me I would try to help you. Death however isn't the best help." She whispered before heading away to talk to Aiko.

It was only a shorts distance away but Nithya still let a barrier surround her and Aiko. "Aiko-chan, I want to warm you first. Something bad will occur and I fear chaos looms near to you and Zora-san." She sighed. Still, she didn't not say a thing about Kenji or what he said because truly she was interested. If it threatened anyone who she became fond of she could easily cease it. So, she simply warned Aiko in fear of the future.

Aiko followed Nithya, waited for her to put up the barrier than speak. She listened carefully. "I had a feeling you would say that." She then answered back once Death was done talking. "As you know, there are some people out there that are not happy about my decision of making Zora the next Goddess of Love. I am certain that someone will come around and try to stop that from happening. I have been keeping an eye on things, though I believe in Zora too." Aiko knew very well that someone could come and try to kill Zora, it was a risk she knew of from the start but she was prepared. After all, some things were placed just right. She knew of a few people who would rather have Zora stay alive than be dead, those people would end up helping as well.

Zora looked over at Soul to see what he was thinking. It was probably hard on him. "So what if your half god half human. There's already a whole bunch of things going on that most divine don't like around here."

Status
Not open for further replies.