The Hero Club's Misadventures! SESSION REI | 勇者部の災難! S0 | Yuushabu no Sainan! S0 | Out of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Fantasy-y setting tends to lean towards magic, swords, cool medieval or feudal things or something like that.

A Shonen-y setting... has much more flexibility. A fantasy setting can be a shonen setting depending on the situation. But shonen settings feel a little more sandboxy.

Ah, I see. That sums it up pretty well actually. Shounen always feel to have pretty much no continuity between abilities whereas fantasy abilities always stick to the same rules and are more about creative application of those rules.

Shounen's settings tends to take more modern approach. The abilities and stuffs are usually able to be explained 'scientifically', or at least something that doesn't just appear out of nowhere.

While Fantasy leans heavily on magic as an explanation for something, unique.

So yeah.

3 claim to take interest, 1 is a little busy with current RPs.

Whether they will indeed join is another story.

I'll get there. I'm working on the character sheet when I'm not working on homework. But homework takes precedence. On the plus side, said homework is like, final project stuff for a class that's over by the end of the month, so I'll get to adjust to a nicer schedule soon.

3 Hero Club members and 4 Occult Society members.

A Club cannot be officially approved until it gets its fifth member.

Hmmm... 4-4 sounds like a good start. Usually after started Roleplays will grow.

However, the first planned Hero Club activity will have to be postponed, since their outdoor activities are mostly school approved. It'll be fine though.

I suppose I'm interested in this...
Though I do not quite have a character in mind yet...
Besides I'm not sure how up-to-date the Cast List is.

I checked the cast list again. It is up to date.

I see. No slots reserved?
(Just want to make sure.)

Reserves are not allowed. However, R-9 Pilot is considering a Mahou Shoujo Protagonist, and that should be about it.

Reserves are not allowed. However, R-9 Pilot is considering a Mahou Shoujo Protagonist, and that should be about it.
I see.

Well I suppose I need to come up with something now... Or wait to see what the final genre will be.

It's alright. The thread progress is somewhat slow anyways.

I wonder if a tank could work for Mecha... Like in "Zone of the Enders" (A mecha game) tanks were deployed along mechs. Though primarily as support vehicles.

You know... Because a (common) mech-sized tank would cause quite the damage when moving around.

You know, a tank as opposed to a mecha would kind of make you seem like a mere henchman that's doomed to doom. Even lower than a Zaku or something. Like you said, support units. Better off as minions. But I have no objections if that is your idea.

Giant mechs are kinda meant to cause collateral damage or take it to the skies, but yeah, your decision is your decision.

I'm somewhat unsure of what use a tank, or a mecha for that matter, would be in saving kittens from trees though... Blow up the tree so kitten falls to the floor?

I'm somewhat unsure of what use a tank, or a mecha for that matter, would be in saving kittens from trees though... Blow up the tree so kitten falls to the floor?

1. Mecha tall. Mecha reach cat. Problem solved.
2. Don't use your large exosuit. Climb the tree on your own.

No, that's too simple. There's no way those would work. Hmm how about mecha uproot tree, cut bits off tree to make ladder, put tree back down, put ladder against tree, build mini mecha, have mini mecha climb up ladder and retrieve cat? I think that might work.

Why are you guys thinking so hard about it ._.

There's a ladder in the storage room

And yeah, i was thinking to make Jonathan neutral. The type that'll pick a fight with anyone as long as he wants it. Then i saw that there's a new guy.

You, sir, clearly have not watched enough comedies. First rule of anime comedy: If there's an easy way to do something, the character will not find that easy way until they have tried the incredibly difficult way first.

Actually that's the second rule. First rule is: If something bad can happen to the MC, it most definitely will.

That's the main point!

Don't you know what dangers await in the storage room? You could even find the riajuu there! OH THE HORROR

or worse

you

could

meet

the horny teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.