The Hero Club's Misadventures! SESSION REI | 勇者部の災難! S0 | Yuushabu no Sainan! S0 | Out of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems a little powerful, and could use some extent of limitations. Primarily the mind-control bit and the memory-wipe bits. Just don't overdo those, and if you aren't limiting it to NPCs, ask a player if they are alright with being controlled before they are controlled.

Apart from that, such abilities tend to make pretty good mook fights if the opponent isn't all 'I can't hurt these people!'.

So yeah, it good. Accepto.

Edited the megaphone's ability and his berserker ability.

Is it enough?

It is sufficient.

By the way guys, you'll need some extent of relationship with your counterpart. The lowest you can go is one hearing of the other through rumour/wanted poster/Sensei's grandpa stories but the other is unaware for the time being.

Maybe even old friends. Maybe they have fought once.

I'll get characters up later today... First I need to decide on which genres to use. Then I need to realise I actually know very little about genres and I usually just watch whatever looks interesting. Then I need to go and look up the genres of the things I'll be taking inspiration from.

Okay, Jem has been finished, at least if I didn't miss anything!

Jem is all goodo to accepto.

Alright let's see

1 Hero Club
2 Occult Society

Yeah I think I'll hit the hay and see what magic happens tomorrow.

Or I could stay up for no apparent reason.

Yeah, Riki's character is not accepted yet.

Character incoming... I have a feeling it might be considered OP though, but let's find out shall we?

Occult Society Applications

tumblr_nnd8m9vUMV1rjwyb2o2_1280.jpg

Is 1m 45cm in height.

Name: Is referred to as Akucchi (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of her title - Akuma no Kuchi)

Other Names: Demon's Maw (Written as: "神の強さをむさぼり食う者" "Kami no Tsuyosa o musabori kuu mono" "One who devours the strength of Gods")

Occult Society

Real Age: Somewhere in the vicinity of... Warning: Obscenely large number [spoili] 18 [/spoili]

Grade: First year middle school. The Loli class.

Species: Human obviously. Geez why do people always assume the villains will be vampires or demons or something?

Genre: Mahou Shoujo. Cos generic Mahou Shoujo is boring. Gon spice it up a bit.

Series Name: Aren't Mahou Shoujo shows usually named after the protagonist? In which case: Mahou Shoujo Actually Interesting Setting* (protagonist mahou shoujo name)
*Interesting setting may or may not be interesting. Warranty void if setting turns out not to be interesting.

Series Description: Magical Girls in this universe are created by a demon contracting with a human. Contrary to most, the human can be of any age and any gender, though teenage females are the most compatible with the power so are usually the ones chosen. The Contract will almost always contain a spell that freezes the aging process of the contracted human, so elderly magical girls are unheard of. These "Demons" are residents of a separate plane of existence, and cannot manifest in the human world by themselves, so they use the human as a host. In exchange, they grant the human a portion of their power, in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship. Some demons will have goals they want to accomplish, but most are usually happy just being able to manifest partially in the human world thanks to their host, so don't ask much more. Often, a transformation can be used which will enhance the powers of the magical girl, though there's nothing stopping them using the abilities while not transformed. What form their abilities take is down to the demon they contracted with - for example, a fire demon would grant fire-based abilities. Should the human die, the demon's anchor will be detached and they will return to the demon world, so they will often expend a good deal of strength to preserve their host. This means that if a magical girl is close to death, then they will gain significant boosts in their abilities as a kind of last resort.

Description: She has vampire-like canines, and sharp, retractable claws. When retracted, they look like human nails. These are a side effect of her manifesting in demon form 4 years ago, and seem never to have returned to being fully human.

Personality: Akucchi is the kind of person who would willingly throw you under a bus if it was necessary for her own survival. Or at least, she likes to think that she is. I suppose you could consider her somewhat similar to a tsundere, only about friends rather than love interests. A kind of tsundachi perhaps. She likes to think that she has no need for friends. Despite this, she likes to show off and will often go to unusual lengths while completing simple tasks.

History: Akucchi actually has a very boring past. She was born, like most humans. She attended elementary school, like most humans. She started her first year of middle school, like most humans. She encountered a demon, unlike most humans. This is where things start to get interesting.

Akucchi contracted with the demon at the age of 12. She probably wouldn't have usually, but she had binge watched an awesome anime that morning and she was feeling depressed about not having badass powers. After obtaining them, she dropped out of school and took up a line of work as "A Protagonist". She would slay monsters of an unexplained origin, and obtain strange crystals that she would sell to someone who for some other unexplained reason was willing to buy them. After a couple of years, she noticed she didn't age, which would have been a bit of a problem if her parents had noticed, so she faked her death and moved to a city at the other end of the country.

This was quite a fortunate decision, as soon after, her Contract Nullified ability surfaced. She consumed her contracted demon and manifested its full powers in this world, becoming a full blown monster. At this time, the God of Destruction and his previous contractor attempted to defeat her. They failed, and the contractor died, although the God of Destruction, with help of various other demons, did manage to seal her manifested form. Currently, she wields around the same strength she would as a normal magical girl contracted to a demon, except she now has 2 extra things - the ability to contract multiple times, and knowledge that should she remove her Cocytus, she would be able to overpower the entire world. In exchange, her memories were erased. It appears she cannot possess both long term memories and Contract Nullified, with the ability taking priority. If something should become "just a memory", she will forget about it. This included her name, apparently, so she decided to take the name Akuma no Kuchi - usually shortened to Akucchi by her peers.

For the next 3 years, she pursued information as to her ability, but otherwise continued her job as normal. It was not before she contracted with and consumed the Warp Master that she realised she make good use of this multi-contract ability. 8 months ago, she began research into the locations of uncontracted and desperate Demons, and discovered that a certain school had an unusual connection to the Demon's realm. Eager to investigate this, she enrolled in the first year of middle school there, and decided her best path would be to join the supernatural investigation society and see what the chair of that knew.

Equipment: A pendant named Cocytus (Acts like a seal, and prevents her abilities from going out of hand. If this pendant were removed, she would likely die instantly, in a very dramatic fashion.)

Abilities:
Contract Nullified: Her own inherent ability. Normally, a Magical Girl is created by the girl contracting with a demon or magical creature of another variety, which would give the girl access to a portion of the creature's abilities. Should a demon contract with Akucchi, she will instead consume it, killing the demon and gaining its full power for herself. The Cocytus is used to seal the excess abilities of the demons and narrow them into a form she can properly control.
Malevolent Vein: An ability gained from her first contractor, Arbiter of the Cursed Blood. She can freely control her blood, hardening it into a crystalline material, or transforming it into a highly acidic poison. She can also move it as if telepathically, provided that the blood being controlled remains in contact with her body, or is within 2 meters of it. [spoili] Sorta completely like this, cos it's cool af and I have no shame about borrowing the ability.
0a9d33830fc1d5d1f1e0fa1813ac3caa7580666a_hq.gif
[/spoili]
Dimensional Anchor: An ability gained from her second contract, Warp Master Decarabia. She can mark a certain location as an Anchor Point, then teleport back to that location instantly, once every 5 minutes, provided she is within 3km of it. Most people think it is impossible for a demon to be this weak, so it is reckoned that the Cocytus misjudged his power and is sealing more of the skill than it should. She doesn't want to risk tampering with the cocytus and accidentally destroying the world, so seeks to improve this ability simply by consuming another teleporter. Speaking of which, she's advertising spots right now. If you know any demon interested in being the contractor of a powerful magical girl, please send them this way!

Skills: Akucchi is a somewhat competent sword fighter. After she gained her first contract, she trained for a year or so against a retired magical girl. She learned enough to hold her own, but she can't do the ridiculous flourishes or complex combo moves yet.

Companions: Companions are for noobs who can't rely on their own strength. Also for people with more than one really cute character who wants to utilise all of them in the battle party, not just one and leaving the rest in reserve.

Reasons for joining club: To search for contract worthy demons.

Voice Actor: I don't really keep track of voice actors so... here's a video demonstrating her voice.

Warning: Spoilers of Owari no Seraph. Do not watch unless you are OK with it being spoiled. [spoili] Are you sure you want to look at this? The title of the video itself is a spoiler so only click this if you are definitely OK with it. [spoili]
[/spoili][/spoili]

Counterpart Requirements: The "protagonist" is contracted with the most powerful demon, Raiijo, the God of Destruction. What form the powers granted by Raiijo take are up to the player, though they must fit the image of "destruction on the level of a God". The God of Destruction's objective is to prevent the creation of a creature that contains the power of thousands of deities, and, unable to actually destroy Akucchi, instead played a role in building the Cocytus.

Other Information:

Last edited:
I was about to comment on the counterpart conditions part, but then I realised that, if there are apparent paradoxes or beings that share similiar titles, maybe letting it be so is a good choice to some extent. You did say it was basically a crossover with original characters after all.

There's already something involving the title "God of Destruction"? I didn't notice. I don't imagine there'd be much problem though. It's only a title, like how both Zeus and Thor are the god of Lightning, but both are seperate entities.

Oh and also, does fighting between villain is prohibited? Same goes with fighting between heroes.

LUx34pP.jpg

"Light and darkness coexist like friends and foes alike. And as you step into my den, you too will coexist with us. Wahaha!"

Name:
"In this realm, my guise is known as 'Akizuki Akira'."

Other Names:
"I am the Tainted Bible, the Primordial Darkness, Ahriman and the Ahura Mazda. I go by numerous other names. But today, I am your Club Leader. Please take care."

Occult Society

"I take the form of a young maiden."

Real Age:
"Why do you wish to know?"

Grade:
1st year Middle School

Species:
"Only I know the true answer..."

Description:
The image depicted is how she sees herself. Akira is a mere 1.3 metres tall. She is as depicted above, except tinier and flatter, plus she only wears the dress on particular occasions such as most club meetings, which is a lot. Other than that, she wears her school uniform.

Personality:
Akira has what is known as 'chuunibyou'. If you don't already know what it is, well... let's just say she's got a lot of imagination, especially for someone who developed it a couple years early. She believes that everyone in the Occult Club has joined to play along, or in her words, 'join her'. She is slightly naive and oblivious to things. However, she has a lot more confidence and energy than her sister, and will probably last longer than the other members, insisting on persisting to find what she wishes to.
She is, after all, a girl going through puberty. Go figure.

History:
Chuunibyou - what is it? What secrets does it have?
Akizuki Akira is a girl who developed chuunibyou two years early. Two years early means two more years of fun, or an early grow-out. As a result, she does not have many friends who wish to hang around her, practically being quite a loner.
In order to negate this fate, she created the Occult Society with hopes to attract followers who share an interest with her. She is unaware of these followers' true intentions...

Equipment:
A simple gothic lolita-style umbrella

Abilities:
"You do not wish to see my true potential... Wahaha!"

Skills:
She has great skill in (possibly fake) occultic readings, scooping out rumours and such. We don't know if it's real or fake, but she can occasionally be seen giving tarot card readings and fortune telling.

Companions:
She often carries an alligator plushie named <Gaping Maws> Pseudo Bahamut, or just Bahamut. Akira always introduces Bahamut as Bahamut, claiming that the little guy 'isn't very fond of his full title'. It wears sunglasses, a beanie, and a sweater...
... let's go with this guy. He's kind of small enough to fit into a bag. At most 15 centimetres from snout to tail.

pTRU1-15919797dt.jpg

Reasons for joining club:
She didn't join it. She made it.

Voice Actor:
Uchida Maaya

Other Information:
If you manage to peep up her skirt, you'll see that she wears plain white boxers as opposed to bloomers or panties.

My CS is almost finished, just got the history to write now. I included a description of the details of the genre, for people who aren't familiar with mahou shoujo, and so that people who are familiar with it are aware of the changes I made.

I kind of want to start on Monday. I know it's fun to be evil (or Lawful Evil or Chaotic Neutral or- you get me), but I'll need to balance this baby up, make sure that each club has a good balance.

Tomorrow I will tag everyone who has yet to complete or post their applications. When the Roleplay starts, I will set this as 'Invite Only'. Should I seek more members, I am positive that ad banners will be up by then.

Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.