The Heavenly Wars Unfold

That night, Epitaph dreamed of heaven. The pearly gates that she loved and the clouds everywhere. She was laughing and shipping around everywhere when she saw him. It was Castiel, her Cas. With his beautiful wings and his golden halo. He opened his arms wide and she ran into them. This was the Castiel that she knew. She muttered his name into his chest, and it translated into the real world. She had said his name three times in her sleep.

He heard her say his name and he goes to check on her, he sees her curled up in a ball and he arches a brow stroking her cheek softly, " epitaph..."

Epitaph was broken from a dead sleep by a hand touching her. Her first instinct was to break the wrist and go straight for the face, but she stopped herself. She looked up and saw that it was Castiel. She slowly let out the breath she had been holding. "Cas you scared me."

He scoops her up and carries her to bed " I'm sorry" he lays her down and tucks her in

"Cas, are you sure you wish to share your bed with me?" Epitaph was slightly apprehensive about sharing a bed with her former lover. She didn't know how he felt about her and how he would react.

He nods " I put you there I'm positive" he puts his arm around her and kisses her softly " I still love you epitaph"

"Cas I..."

Epitaph was unsure how to express the turmoil occurring within her mind right now. All of her feelings called for her to just enjoy her time with Castiel and to just be happy that he still loved and desired her. Yet a part of her was scared to express her feelings to this new Castiel. He may have looked and sounded like her Cas, but he had changed exponentially. Epitaph let these thoughts run through her mind for a split second before she returned his kiss.

"I love you as well Castiel. I never did stop."

He nods and pulls her close to him snuggling next to her in the bed, he kisses her cheek and looks at her. " I will not be here when you wake... I need to get an amulet for you to wear so you are not attacked..."

"I'm not really that worried about being attacked Cas, I've taken care of myself thus far. I'm just worried about the reactions I'm going to get from heaven."

" Just please let me do this Epitaph.... this is something I need to do for you...." he just nestles there not speaking again, he indeed falls into a heavy sleep

Epitaph kissed the top of his head as he slept and smiled. "Ok Cas, whatever you need."

When he wakes in the morning he almost believes he is in heaven again when his eyes settle on his past lover. He gently moves one of her curls from her face and kisses her ever so softly, " I never stopped caring about you, even when you stabbed a dagger through my heart Epitaph. Even when I fell and you stayed..... I always thought of you"

Epitaph was awoken by a soft pair of lips on her own. Although this pleased her, it was a strange way to be awoken.

"I love you as well Cas, but I thought you weren't going to be here when I awoke."

He blinks and blushes, " Oh.... I thought you would sleep longer. I am actually about to leave right now" he smiles awkwardly and then vanishes

Epitaph laughed into the now quiet room and snuggled further into the blankets. She closed her eyes and laid her head back on the pillow and allowed herself to doze again.

He had his missions to run, souls to steal, and he had to retrieve that amulet. He wouldn't return until around 5 pm and when he did his shirt was unbuttoned and he was eghausted, a small box in his hand. "Epitaph?"

While Castiel had been away Epitaph had went to her own apartment and gotten a couple of changes of clothes and done some grocery shopping. She was now in the kitchen making dinner and came padding out when she heard him call her name. She was wearing a very short skirt with a blessed chain wrapped around it as a belt so that nothing rubbed on her wound. She had replaced her bandages and changed her shirt as well. Now she was wearing a bright pink open backed shirt and a pair of high heels. She had fixed her hair and applied makeup. Epitaph smiled when she saw Castiel and moved to kiss him before she saw the shape his was in. Epitaph had always been known for her short temper and it was beginning to show in her face. She gave Castiel a hateful look. "What in the hell happened to your shirt?" She had also been slightly jealous.

He looks down at it and then at her, she was beautiful as she always had been and he knew that look when he saw it. He ran a hand through his hair and set the small box on the counter, " Epitaph... I... do you know what my job is? It isn't safe and sometimes your clothing... and your person get hurt or torn inn the process. Have I ever in all of our eternity been unfaithful to you? No. Let us not forget that. The trinket is yours, wear it please. I am going to shower" he leaves with no kiss or hug and walks to his room tired and not in the mood fr this. Inside the box was an amulet, attractively made in her favorite color and metal just for her

Epitaph did not open the box, but let it lay on the table. She followed after him and touched his arm lightly. "I'm sorry Castiel. I did not mean it. I just, I remember how I found you again. In that club with that girl..."

He looks at her and looks at her, " I have been alone for hundreds of years. I wasn't gonna remain alone. I like clubs because women like me. I didn't usually have sex with them, they just slept in my bed with me. I liked the warmth" he shrugs and looks at her, " go put the necklace on please, I am going to shower and then I will come and talk to you"