The Heavenly Wars Unfold

"When did this become we Cas? I thought we ended when you left heaven. I don't know what to do or to say anymore. I don't want to serve anyone anymore, I just want to look after me and the people that I love! But that's not an option is it?"

He throws his hand sup. "It was we when you walked through my door and put my life in danger. When you asked for my help! You are the one who didn't come with ME. You betrayed me Epitaph. You don't want my help, get out of my house. Either run or I will lay my claim to you with Lucifer"

"I did not betray you Castiel! When you left, I wasn't given the opportunity to leave! As the commander of His army I was in charge of the battle and when I didn't show He was angry. He sent me to Earth so that I could have no contact with you!" Epitaph went silent after her outburst. Tears were in her eyes and she was shaking with anger. "It wasn't my fault Cas, I wanted to come with you, but now I do not want to serve. Is it the only way truly?"

" Do you have a better plan?" he says stiffly and then looks at her, ' you would be serving me... so what kind of person do you think I am?"

"I know who you were Cas... It depends. Are you the same person you were before?" She let her hair fall into her face to hide her eyes.

He looks at her and his eyes spark. " I love you Epitaph. I am not who I was but I love you, I would kill you if you were anyone else... without batting an eye. Now you make your choice"

"I-I... I guess I have no choice then. I'll go with you, but only because it's you."

" Go lay in bed. Take this" he hands her a knife and pats her head, " I will be right home. You just wait. I am gonna go put in my request." He vanishes and appears in front of Lucifer falling to a knee, " my lord.... I wish to request the fallen angel Epitaph as a prize for my continued service to you"

Epitaph took the dagger and sat back on the bed. She herself actually had a blessed dagger in her right combat boot. It had been a long time since Epitaph had found herself waiting for Castiel. She sat and waited patiently, trusting Cas to things out.

After several hours it was agreed that she was his and no one else could touch her without his express permission. He returns home and looks at her, " you are fine. You are mine now. You can shower or get your things and whatever you need to do"

Epitaph was beginning to feel feverish and her leg was aching. "I don't even think I can stand Cas. My leg... I bandaged it, but it hurts more than before. I think maybe that demons tusks were poisoned..."

He comes over and sits down and removes her bandages and sighs " okay Epitaph" he scoops her up and takes her to the tub filling the tub with warm water and then goes to the mirror and takes out some liquids, "prop your leg up. What kind of demon was it?"

Epitaph did as he said and propped her leg up. "I don't know his species, but he was a second class demon with very large tusks and he was a sickish green."

He nods and mixes the ointments putting them in her thigh and bandaging her up " don't be reckless epitaph

"I'm not reckless. Damn demon shouldn't have pissed me off." She flexed her leg just a bit and winced. "Ugh that hurts."

He sighs and pets her head softly, " I will be in the other room. Good girl" he kisses her forehead and lays down with a soft sigh and runs a hand through his hair

Epitaph was somewhat surprised by his sudden show of affection, but at the same time it made her smile. This was a sign to her that her Castiel was still in there and that maybe he would come back to her.

She was a bit hesitant to stand on her bad leg, but she slowly pulled herself up and went into his room and sat on the edge of the bed. "Thank you Cas."

He shrugs " it's whatever. Don't worry about it epitaph. I'm gonna sleep now." he turns away from her and closes his eyes

"Okay." Epitaph stood and exited the room. She went to the living room and laid out a pallet on the floor and laid down.

He had expected her to join him in the bed and admittedly he was sad when she didn't. But he would say nothing about that... he didn't want her to know of his feelings