The Heavenly Wars Unfold

Epitaph scoffed. "Whatever you say Castiel. I would like to see him even attempt to kill me anyways." She returned to her corner and sat back, this time ordering a drink and sipping it slowly. She was keeping an eye out for a specific demon tonight. Maybe if she got a kill in tonight she would feel better.

He took her hand and lead her to his car, he took her home and kissed her sweetly before he snuggled into his bed enjoying the warmth of her human body next to his shell. She was soft and pretty, he liked her. But she would leave in the morning and tomorrow night he would return to the bar, look for a pretty face and start the cycle over.

As he slept soundly im his bed that night Epitaph began her hunt. The demon boss of New York and one of the men she hated the most was her target. He had once killed a little girl under her protection and she was going to get vengeance. Lucifer wouldn't be happy with her, he'd be very angry actually, but she didn't care. As she spotted him from atop her building she leapt and jumped onto his shoulders. He wasn't expecting the attack after all he was the top demon in New York no one messed with him, but he had finally stepped on the wrong angels toes.

She decapitated him without even a blink and a holy symbol sealed his fate. He faded into nothing but a pile of ash in an instant and her job was done.

She returned to her pad on the Upper Eastside, alone and uncaring. She had accomplished something tonight and was happy to be home. She quickly showered, scrubbing the grim from beneath her fingernails and then took to her bed. Clean and warm.

He groans softly as a buzzing hits his head. He looks at te woman and smiles and gets up arriving in hell. " what is it lucifer?" the devil was pissed " that little bitch is killing my people! Handle her" he laughs then growls

The next morning Epitaph pulled herself out of bed. She had a massive headache and her leg was throbbing. She stumbled into the bathroom and pulled up herdidn't pajamas to reveal a large gash in her leg. It was puffy and infected already and so she rifled through her cabinets and found some aspirin and neosporin.

Quickly she bandaged her leg with some gauze and a wrap and took some aspirins to cool her headache. She pulled on a pair of shorts that didn't interfere with the bandage running from her thigh to her calf. She paired it with a pair of combat boots in case she ran into any trouble and a tank top. She pulled on her wing concealing charm and exited the house.

Epitaph ended up in her usual bakery and ordered a latte and a bagel. She limped her way over to the table in the corner to enjoy her breakfast.

He had warned her of the price on her head and he could do nothing for her unless she asked him directly

Epitaph pushed out her consciousness and touched Castiels mind. "Cas... Do you think it will hurt when I die? And what do you think will happen to me? Will I go back home or will I just... Disappear?" She was honestly curious and it had been pressing on her mind ever since he had told her she had a price on her head.

" I think when you die you will be sent to Limbo, I think that you will neither see nor think just merely be stuck in the world of in between. Cast from Heaven and Lucifer doesn't wish you to serve in Hell...." at least he didn't to Rhetts knowledge.

"I don't want that Cas. I don't want to die and be sent to limbo. Isn't there anything that can be done? Can you meet me somewhere please? I-I need to see you..."

He looks at the ceiling with a sigh, his love for her was pure even after all these years so despite not wanting to get into trouble he agrees, " very well" he gives her his address and tells her to come

Half an hour later Epitaph knocked lightly on the door. She had changed into a different pair of shorts and a babydoll tee, still with her combat boots. It was getting cold out so she had also put on a long leather coat with a pair of long white gloves and a scarf to hide her identity. If she was going to risk coming over here she at least wanted to protect Castiel. As soon as he opened the door she threw herself into his arms. "Cas, thank you."

He answere the door , white button up shirt unbuttoned, dark jeans around his hips, his hair loose and hanging... The hug startled him but he merely brings her inside and shuts the door " there's blankets in the living room. There isn't much we can do about this.... We can hide you.... Or we could take you to lucifer and I would request you.... I've been loyal and he knows we have history"

"Cas you know he wouldn't want me. He would probably throw a fit if he knew I was here with you. But, I had to see you." Epitaph bit her soft bottom lip. She had to admit that Castiel had always looked good shirtless.... Epitaph gave herself a mental shake and looked away. "I've missed you Cas... You don't realize." Life without him had been a hell for her and she missed their long conversations and a tacit understanding of each other but, things change. Now Epitaph wasn't so sure if she still knew him.

He shrugs and looks at her " if I asked for you.... He would probably give you to me. Lucifer is a good man, I still support him. God made a mistake"

"I'm not an item for you to own Cas. I was once your lover, or did you forget that? Because I can't forget. Not after seeing you..." Epitaph stepped back towards the door. "Maybe I shouldn't have come here. It's just a painful memory for me..."

He strokes her cheek, " I do remember, which is why I offer because if we do not do this... then you will die little angel. I am offering this to you because of our past darling. That is all"

Epitaph slapped his hand away. "I'm not an angel anymore Cas. I don't know what I am, but I'm not an angel." Epitaph pulled her coat around her and put her back to the door. "I miss you Cas, but you don't seem like you truly care anymore."

He throws his hands in the air " fine! Go then! I offer you help and you spit in my face" he turns disgusted and goes back to his room. Stupid woman

Epitaph sloughed off her coat and gloves and followed him to his bedroom. "Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you are exactly the same. You can't just walk away because we don't agree Castiel!" Epitaph sat on the edge of the bed. "I wasn't spitting in your face Cas. I was expressing my doubts."

He looks at her " what do you want me to do epitaph? What choice do we have? Hmmm?"