The Guardian Corps

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did not.

And you're right regarding the blunt attacks with armour, I was primarily thinking of Terrors using claws etc but they could just as easily charge head on into someone.

Update: I plan to get the IC up tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Camleen
So I'll try to put up a gear list before my first IC post. Prolly when I get home. Donating plasma right now and all. Should I stick to throwing blades then? Switch to something... cooler?

So I'll try to put up a gear list before my first IC post. Prolly when I get home. Donating plasma right now and all. Should I stick to throwing blades then? Switch to something... cooler?
Shiny. Throw blades is also pretty cool, in all fairness. It works as a weapon and they can still be used in close combat when held as well.

IC

Unless anyone opts to be the corporal then I'll put Rhiannon up into that position in my next post.

For now everyone will be arriving at their first post which is Verdun in North-East France. After that there'll be a little orientation before we get into the meat of it.

So I made my first post. I swear the rest of my posts will be better. When I start an RP, sometimes i'm on shaky ground trying to get a feel for it with the first post. So bear with me.

Reactions: Jinxer
No arguments here. Will make post within next 30 - 45 minutes.

So I made my first post. I swear the rest of my posts will be better. When I start an RP, sometimes i'm on shaky ground trying to get a feel for it with the first post. So bear with me.

I'm the same, it takes time to get into the groove, so to speak.

Thanks Krag, that'd be great.

Is it reasonable to assume that the corporal would have access to some sort of information relating to her subordinates?

Also, would it be reasonable to assume that the decentralized nature of life would mean different uniforms for guardians from other areas? It seems easier to raid an area's existing stocks of uniforms rather than spend the time and material to make their own. (So Erika might be wearing re-purposed Flecktarn from the Bundeswehr while Rhiannon might be sporting Woodland DPM and Zoe might show up in an olive uniform typical of the IDF.)

Is it reasonable to assume that the corporal would have access to some sort of information relating to her subordinates?

Also, would it be reasonable to assume that the decentralized nature of life would mean different uniforms for guardians from other areas? It seems easier to raid an area's existing stocks of uniforms rather than spend the time and material to make their own. (So Erika might be wearing re-purposed Flecktarn from the Bundeswehr while Rhiannon might be sporting Woodland DPM and Zoe might show up in an olive uniform typical of the IDF.)

Usually the squad assignments will be up to the discretion of the local commanding officer and the one here, as we will discover, is rather... disorganised. Under normal circumstances the Corporal would know but not this time.

And yes, the uniforms will be largely whatever they received when they started training, so whatever was about in their local area. The only standard thing is the white overcoat they wear which has the Guardian symbol emblazoned on the back and shoulders.

Working on it, but really wish my character could address everyone at once.

@Blue Jay @Intimidating Swan

Just a note that the IC is up, I realise I didn't tag anyone when I linked it in (link in the OP as well).

@Krag_Jorgensen I suppose you could post as if everyone were there or post an arrival and then wait for the others - there'll be time for full character introductions etc. when they get to camp and go on their first assignments.

Oh didn't even notice the IC was up, will have a post up when I wake up

Doudanuki.Masakuni.full.1945830.jpg

Nagano Takeshi

::Age::

::Gender::
Male

::Sexuality::
Heterosexual

::Nationality::
Japanese

::History/Bio::
Takeshi grew up in a orphange located in the Okubo ward of Tokyo, a predominately Korean neighborhood of the city. Life as most would suspect was tough for the young boy, admitted at the age of three he possessed little memory of his mother. Why did she get rid of him? Financial diffculty, it was not out of lack of love, his mother had no support from her family, or husband so Takeshi grew up without a family. He was taken care of, but Japanese society could be quite harsh towards those without a family. Many orphans are lovingly referred to as "throw away children". Takeshi was not completely alone though, there was a older orphan, Mi-na who served as a older sister of sorts to the boy; the two were inseparable. This all changed once the Terrors struck Tokyo along with other major cities of the world.

The orphanage was almost completely destroyed, most of the faculty and orphans lost their lives after the attack. It was then that Takeshi came face to face with the infamous Terrors. One had reached the boy and pinned him to the ground, claws digging into his face leaving behind a grotesque scar. Mi-na selflessly threw herself on the Terror and would have lost her life that day if it wasn't for the Guardian Corps. The specially trained individuals stormed in killing the remaining Terrors, saving the few orphans and faculty who remained. Takeshi who was already a quiet boy grew more reclusive, his only solace being Mi-na who continued to look after the boy. Time passed, and the orphanage was beginning to struggle, more so after the Terror attack. In spite of government aid it could do little to take care of the children because the government itself was on the verge of collapse. To help ease with financial burden, male and female orphans were given the option of joining the Guardian Crops if they were sixteen and up, and with little prospects outside of the orphanage, most jumped at the chance to leave. Mi-na was one of the orphans who chose to go much to the shock of Takeshi, devastated by her choice and left alone... Takeshi withdrew more, opting not to talk at all. When he himself turned sixteen a couple of years later Takeshi chose to leave, opting to join the corps. What was his reasoning? Did he want to find Mi-na, take out the terrors? No one really knows... Maybe he just grew tired of his life in the orphanage.

His time with the Guardian Corps proved fruitful, Takeshi showcased unparalleled focus and strength, becoming a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

::Personality/Reason::
Takeshi can best be described as stoic, known for his intense stare and little speech. It is difficult to gauge Takeshi's personality, due to his very robotic nature, but like any human being he does open up from time to time. During field tests he has an affinity for providing protection for female comrades over male allies, likely due to his connection with Mi-na. That said he has shown no interest in relationship ties, romantic or platonic. While at the Gaurdian Corps the times where he was forced to talke Takeshi has proven to be very shy, speaking in broken fragmented English sentences with the thick Japanese accent. Another reason he dislikes talking is due to his lack of knowledge of the English language. He speaks only enough to get his point across, otherwise he avoids the act altogether.

::Equipment::
Takeshi relies on just one weapon, and that is his katana. Slightly longer then average in size by 5cm, he has proven to be a 'terror' on the battlefield. His fighting style relies on mostly quick powerful single strikes aimed at taking out an opponent with as few moves as possible.​

Accepted, go ahead and post in the IC when you're ready.

Hai hai! Dropping by~

Morning all. I'll make another post tomorrow but it's not to pressure those who haven't yet, it's just to keep momentum up!

I'll be editing that last post I made, in my rush to get something up I posted an atrocity of a post.

The main body will be the same so no need to wait for me if you were already working on a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.