Austro-Hungarian Empire
Unit:
K. u K. Luftfahrengruppe 2 F
Weaponry:
Model 1898 Revolver
Vehicle:
See SML Komet
Personality:

Joining the military because of a death-wish, Rojvol, despite sobering up from the incident that happened thirteen years ago, still has a bit of a devil-may-care attitude towards life. When you wake up with a hangover the morning after you hear your beloved darling has to marry another man, and you have a revolver with a misfired bullet in your hand, it leaves a mark on you. Rojvol decided to exchange the volatility of womanly love with flying. Despite the somewhat rickety construction of the modern airship, he still sees it as a more reliable investment of oneself.

Of course, his dream of commanding an airship would be just that, a dream, were it not for good pedigree and family and friends in high places. He has a tendency to look down on people serving underneath him, seeing himself as a proper officer and a stern father, who has to keep his distance in order to keep discipline among the rabble underclass of enlisted men. Warm words and friendships are for the houses of nobleborn and officer's lounges.

Still, while definitely not loved by his men, he earned their respect, the real currency of service. Rojvol proved to have a talent for leadership, and a natural instinct for air-sailing. The lack of emotional attachment lets him quickly make even tough calls when the situation calls, and his men know they can depend on him to lead them to glory and victory.

History and Service:
1901 - Joined the Austro-Hungarian Imperial Army as an officer cadet
1904 - Completed Officer Training, granted rank of Leutnant
1908 - In response to his actions in policing operations during the unrest after first Imperial Council election held under universal male suffrage, promoted to the rank of Oberleutnant
1911 - After witnessing the the first Meteor class airship during the military exercise held in 1910, reassigned to the Imperial Air Corps on his own request
1914 - Promoted to the rank of Hauptmann, given command over the airship Komet

Craft Name:
k.u.k Seiner Mäjestat Luftschiff "Komet" (SML-13)
Craft Type:
Meteor class reconnaissance airship
Squadron:
K. u K. Luftfahrengruppe 2 F
Craft Armaments:
2x Schwarzlose MG (8mm), mounted on the sides of the gondola
Equipment for making aerial reconnaissance photography (General/mosaic)
2x Skoda 100HP diesel engines

Crew Members:
Captain - Hauptmann Rojvol Leopold Kavka
Navigator - Leutnant Hans Fraunhoffer
Vertical Helmsman - Korporal Josef Hajšman
Horizontal Helmsman - Korporal Tomáš Hanzelka
Radio Operator/Electrician - Offiziersstellvertreter Olivier Narkozzi
Engineer - Feldwebel Hermann Buchmeyer
1st Gunner - Gefreiter Viktor Jakéškétzy
2nd Gunner - Gefreiter Henrik Lahoda

Craft Name:
k.u.k Seiner Mäjestat Luftschiff "Radetzky" (SML-43)
Craft Type:
Arquebutz class artillery support airship
Squadron:
K. u K. Luftfahrengruppe 8 G
Craft Armaments:
(Include all guns and their positions, as well as their powerplants)
Crew Members:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because I'm bored here's a little bit of stuff about my charachters.
Oliver was originally going to be an ace fighter pilot but as I thought about it I decided it would be a bit hard for someone who's in the air the whole time to interact with anyone at all. Adalard was going to be part of a parachute drop squad that came down and tore the battlefield up with machine guns but I'm pretty sure that was not a thing back then. (That part was based off of a thing me and my friends did in Battlefield 1) Now Oliver as a cavalry unit is ready to do all he can for king and country (Ha, video game quotes) and Adalard is a stealthy killer driven by fear of death. (Great, am I right?)

I do believe parachutes were not used by the British, since a pilot equipped with a parachute would abandon his aircraft at the first sign of danger, and would not do his maximum to save the aircraft in case of damage or engine failure. Truth be told, I guess choosing between being on a biplane with dead engine or jumping out with early parachute, the biplane is a better choice, assuming it is not on fire, not spraying hot engine oil into your face or rapidly disassembling around you. And if your eyes are not full of glass shards, because the googles are made from non-tempered glass.

As for paratroopers... from a realistic perspective, you are a sod, hanging from an amusingly unstable device, slowly falling to the ground, that is if the parachute works. Everyone on the ground would would be happy to take a potshot at you, especially if you'd be spraying hot, totally imprecise lead around you. You'd wish to land dead, compared to the stuff what they'd do to you on the ground. Look at what happened to soldiers captured with flametrowers, trenchguns, notched bayonets or to other generally unpopular people.

An airship-borne commando would be quite doable, though. That's what the British investigation in 1908 concluded, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for paratroopers... from a realistic perspective, you are a sod, hanging from an amusingly unstable device, slowly falling to the ground, that is if the parachute works.
While I'll agree that MGs are going to be in short supply, I'll say we'll bend the rules on parachutes. I'm giving aircraft crews parachutes as well. I think having that ahead would be safe on account of the genre.
I decided it would be a bit hard for someone who's in the air the whole time to interact with anyone at all.
Ah, but you forget. Radio communications and downtime at base. No matter what your profession, relationships will always foster between you and the people you depend on to stay alive.

I do believe parachutes were not used by the British, since a pilot equipped with a parachute would abandon his aircraft at the first sign of danger, and would not do his maximum to save the aircraft in case of damage or engine failure.
Since Oliver was going to be an ace pilot (speaking that our characters must be heroic) he wouldn't need a parachute and would be more worried about evading and shooting then jumping and abandoning his aircraft. As for Adalard, jumping behind enemy lines could prove to be quite helpful plus speaking that being a paratrooper already requires being a bit of a daredevil a paratrooper could put on some protective gear, deploy their parachute as late as possible, and take their chances. But enough of that, those were just ideas I was thinking about while creating them, now they're both already created. It's true that as a pilot Oliver would be able to meet others still but most fighting takes place on the ground anyways so why not put him in the action.

One more thing @VerbalAbuse Is it possible for Adalard to run a singular stealth mission (It doesent have to be a major help to the war. I just thought of this now, based off of part 3 of Through Mud and Blood of Battlefield 1, I thought this because Adalard is mainly focused on stealth anyways)

Rojvol's and his ship's charsheet are mostly done (all I'm missing is appropriate picture). Would it be possible to check if they are in acceptable state, @VerbalAbuse ?

Computer's on the Fritz (hah) so I haven't been able to get back to you. You'll know when I'm back, but until then, c'est la vie.

So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this RP isn't going to take off then?

Status
Not open for further replies.