The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol. 1 [OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY PEOPLES

@Deathstroke The hand cannon is fine, but your STILL missing the point of magic! PICK BLOOD MAGIC OR SUMMONING MAGIC. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY A BLOOD PRICE. Understood?

@Yuuka Russia does not exist in this world, and you are basically in the Caribbean. Also, men over the age of 50 would be retired or dead. You don't NEED to be on a ship; as a matter of fact, a doctor wouldn't have a ship.
Your characters back story is also slightly disturbing, and a little bit too descriptive.
You will not reveal more throughout the story, you will just put it all down now. Please.

As for everybody else, ships ships ships.
If you want to be on a ship, be on a ship, otherwise you begin where you are supposed too!
The Caribbean times, I see.
Gosh, thanks for explaining that. I suppose 40 would be a justified age, would it not? I planned on adding more to begin with.

OKAY PEOPLES

@Deathstroke The hand cannon is fine, but your STILL missing the point of magic! PICK BLOOD MAGIC OR SUMMONING MAGIC. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY A BLOOD PRICE. Understood?

@Yuuka Russia does not exist in this world, and you are basically in the Caribbean. Also, men over the age of 50 would be retired or dead. You don't NEED to be on a ship; as a matter of fact, a doctor wouldn't have a ship.
Your characters back story is also slightly disturbing, and a little bit too descriptive.
You will not reveal more throughout the story, you will just put it all down now. Please.

As for everybody else, ships ships ships.
If you want to be on a ship, be on a ship, otherwise you begin where you are supposed too!

I understand now, I will go with summoning then, sorry for confusion. I will make the edit and get started soon.

I guess I got too carried away, mate. Well, since my bios take a week or so to complete (I have a lot of commitments), I guess I'll watch the television for now until I know how things work. The subject is fairly new to me, hence it takes a lot more time to learn it.

If you don't mind, I will PM you (and Krazas, presuming that he is the co-GM) the sheet in progress to see if I can change anything. When it's done (and approved via PM), I'll post it here.

That way, I want to make sure that I know what I am doing. In the meantime, please be prepared to read a book.... Very soon!
:devilfire:

Btw just in case, for whatever reason if anyone was wondering how to pronounce both of my rather exotic character names, Haleighna is prounced like Elaina with an H at the beginning. And S'nyia is pronounced like sah-nye-ah, the nye like Bill Nye the Science Guy

Sorry for not posting but I am focusing on another rp at the moment, and I was going to take that cook position

I'm only a moderator of this rp I do stats and app review

Reactions: IceChateau777
You two can fight over it! I kid; in all seriousness though, I suppose you could take it and I can make Tazleworm's character a steward or something. I can talk to her about it, if you'd like.

When was the Caribbean times? Or what year would this take place? That would help me construct my sheet. I am willing to work with both of you to improve my sheet.

Last edited:
The great or classic era of piracy in the Caribbean extends from around 1560 up until the mid-1720s.

Wikipedia helps....

When was the Caribbean times? Or what year would this take place? That would help me a lot.

I'm assuming it probably takes place in the Golden Age of Piracy. Which was approximately from the 1650s to the 1730s

You two can fight over it! I kid; in all seriousness though, I suppose you could take it and I can make Tazleworm's character a steward or something. I can talk to her about it, if you'd like.

I'm cool with being a steward!

Currently waiting for someone to run into me. (Not to ask me to a crew or anything either...)

Name: Calder Damaci
Magic: No
Skills: Sailing, Sword fighting (various styles), Combat Tactics, Smooth talker, Subterfuge.
Group: Buccaneer (Prior: Slave)
Appearance: A longer appearing face, with concave cheek bone structure. A short, black 5 o'clock shadow that is growing in around his lower facial area. Jet black hair, ratted up, and shoulder length. Jade green eyes, and slightly thin lips. He stands 5' 11", with a more muscular than skinny body build. The body isn't over overwhelmingly fit though.
Bio:

Born from a Empire political secret(affair), the first years of his childhood were rather lavish. When Calder was seven, the House Damaci found out about the boy. The head father of the family felt extremely embarrassed about the whole ordeal, and needed to dispose of the boy without the wife ever being able to find him. He gave the boy to some ruthless slave traders. From then, he slaved upon the ships of these traders until a freak storm destroyed the boat. Calder escaped by floating a long distance on some plank debris.

He wrecked up upon the shore of a banishment island. This was a place that the Empire sent people they needed to disappear for certain reasons that the empire would rather the inhabitants not know about. On this island, Calder met an old man who went by the name of Crotchet. Crotchet was a sentenced to this island to die, for defying a direct order which had rather nasty consequences towards the image of the Empire. Crotchet took the boy in, taught him all that he knew of war strategies, subterfuge, sword fighting, and Bastori, Doranian etiquette.

The years passed until Crotchet died, Calder then forced himself to leave the island where he had spent the last ten years of his life living off the land. He built a Raft sturdy enough to take him somewhere... anywhere. The next five years were spent working for Merchant company, protection detail. His last job went awry though when he was cheated out of his pay. He since left the company of merchants to take to the new seas.

Inventory: One Rapier from Crotchet with a gold plated handle, and sheer silver coating over the blade. A black branded stiletto. One leather Tri-Corner Hat, a brown leather Highwaymans coat. Usual attire underneath, cloth leggings, and leather tunic. Three days rations, and a full leather water flask.

Notes/Suggestions:
I tried to make his back story as non-grandeur as possible, that way to avoid overshadowing other characters. Let me know if you would like any elaboration on the certain details.

Mmmmmm......... Accepted.

Your also forgetting this isn't earth and thus it doesn't really matter when the golden age of piracy WAS, because it ISN'T

Can I ask you to be specific in your rations, can't just pull anything out

Gg it's a time reference Is all

Mmmmmm......... Accepted.

Your also forgetting this isn't earth and thus it doesn't really matter when the golden age of piracy WAS, because it ISN'T

I assumed it wasn't earth due to the fact that there is magic involved here, places + factions of power I have never heard of before. I just chose to go with the iconic stuff, seemed right for the situation/character.

Can I ask you to be specific in your rations, can't just pull anything out

Gg it's a time reference Is all

Well rations are basically just fixed amounts of food, usually at a time of shortage...He is kind of out and down on his luck, therefore he doesn't have much money to spare, so he has been living off rationed food (I know I don't have to tell you this...but I want to); bread, and smoked meat. I know, he doesn't eat right. It's a problem that we have been trying to work through together, his cholesterol is horrible.

Currently waiting for someone to run into me. (Not to ask me to a crew or anything either...)

You could always come find my slave character, if you like. Or I could somehow maneuver myself closer to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I changed the ability of Edward and added a ship awaiting approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.