The False King's Grimoire - OOC - Signups open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Leila Pierce

Appearance:

Layered-Hairstyles-for-Women.jpg

Power: Time

Personality: To everyone else's eyes, Leila may seem like an annoying, ignorant, and irrational person. She's an allocentric person, putting other people's needs and wants before her own. She's quite independent in her own way and reasoning, doing things only if they sound like a good idea to her. People look upon her to be dependent, although gaining from others for her own fortune isn't her true intentions. After some traumatic experiences of losing people she held dear to her, she is now trying even harder to save those close to her, working nonstop, overexerting herself and trying to show those around her she is not who others assume her to be. She's caring and gentle, laid-back and calm. If it ever comes down to her life or someone she loves, she will always sacrifice herself first.

History: TBA

Other: N/A

Side Note: I gave up. I have too much going on currently to be over-thinking with a history that's not coming to me right away, even with inspiration and help. I'll do what you stated @Andalais, and edit the history in when I have it in mind.

Right'o. Mind adding a text description, though? At least so we know what she's wearing? Because I don't think that garment which is seemingly a dress would fit so well in the situations she is going to find herself in.

Okay, I have to say, I'm having serious doubts whether having this game play out in the US is a good idea. I know incredibly little about American culture, society, school life, or anything really, and yet I'm supposed to portray it to a group of Americans. This really is why I didn't want the setting to be anywhere specific.

Simple solution: don't make it specific, and make the kids be exchange students if they specify where they're from.

Right'o. Mind adding a text description, though? At least so we know what she's wearing? Because I don't think that garment which is seemingly a dress would fit so well in the situations she is going to find herself in.

She wouldn't be wearing a dress in the roleplay, though? It's just a face claim- just because the picture seemingly has a dress doesn't mean that the character themselves would be wearing the same thing. Could I describe her clothing in her introductory post?

Okay, I have to say, I'm having serious doubts whether having this game play out in the US is a good idea. I know incredibly little about American culture, society, school life, or anything really, and yet I'm supposed to portray it to a group of Americans. This really is why I didn't want the setting to be anywhere specific.

Then what would the setting be if it's not specific? A setting is important to know so characters can describe the place around them, refer to their senses, and determine body language, as well. Whether the setting is in America, Europe, or even Asia, there is still the internet out there to help accomodate your questions on different things. Even if someone was born and raised in America (as stated in a biography), does not mean that the setting most definitely needs to be in America, although it'd be easier for someone to portray their characters in America because they themselves are American.

Last edited by a moderator:
*scratches head intensely*

I'll have to give this some thought.

And I guess you could have her clothing in the introductory post. I guess it really wouldn't be any point to write her clothing in the CS if she changes clothes often. Though then you would have to describe her attire every time it changes.

This is a Fantasy story, right?
So why can't it take place in some made up place?
Taking into account what I said before, they could end up earning their way into a special place on some island or something?

As long as it's clear when it's day and night, I'm all cool for doing so. Thank you.

Oops, I somehow thought we were waiting for something here. I'll get to making my own character and then I'll get to making the IC thread.

No worries, Andalais! Take your time; I can't wait to begin!

Sorry, just having some troubles working out parts of the plot which I'd like to get sorted out before we get started. Also, I have decided not to get a character for the moment, as I don't see what role (s)he could fill. I'll start with just controlling npc's, then we'll see where it goes.

On another topic, I don't think I like this new Iwaku. It's a bit trickier to navigate, and there was nothing wrong with the old one.

I like how it's more organized but there are a few things I wish had been kept, such as the browsing preferences. I don't like how there's only light, medium, and dark. It makes it harder to read everything depending on which browsing preference you have and the conflict of different text colors.

Sorry to say that this game may be delayed somewhat further. Reason: life difficulties.

Okay, I'm feeling better and I'm ready to get this game started. Just want to confirm that everyone is still in on this.

I'm game.
Gonna have to re-read all the details, but I don't mind hangin' around.

Status
Not open for further replies.