The False King's Grimoire - OOC - Signups open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the thing is, I don't like my history to be super brief. I don't want to just let everyone know where my character came from. I want to put in more effort than just telling people, 'Oh, so and so comes from Scotland' and as for personality, yes, most characters are fleshed out during roleplay, but not every character carries a dynamic role.
Write it however you want, I'm just trying to help.

Write it however you want, I'm just trying to help.
I know, and I appreciate that very much, but it will be a while unless direct help to my character's history and personality. I want to roleplay as soon as possible, believe me. This is really interesting.

I honestly like playing without a history field, since it allows each character their own backstory arc at some point during the game, allowing us a deeper understanding of each character, as well as giving players time to put things together if they were unsure of what to do.

@PinkArrow: So, how do you need help with it?

@Caramon Zero I agree with you there for the most part. I usually like playing with the history field, but if I have nothing coming to mind, I'd rather wait for development within the roleplay itself. As for the help, I really don't know how. I have nothing down. It's like scratch paper that's never been written on. I'm still trying to think of a good history and personality, but I just can't seem to grasp anything in mind.

Well, do you have an idea of who and what you'd like your character to be?

@Caramon Zero Unfortunately, no. I'm still going through that phase which leads me to the ditch in the road of having troubles with the personality and history section. :P

Well, if you have the rest filled out, we can look over it and see what we can do.
Either post up a WIP here or PM me and I'll see how I can be of assistance, 'kay?

I have a WIP on my blog... I mean, not with the personality and history... That's just where I plan on further creating my character. I already got age, appearance, and name, but yeah. I'll just let you know when I have something out there on the personality and history. Thanks for planning to work this out with me. (:

Hey, no worries, I like being of use for once. XD

Hey, Andy, is there any particular event that leads to the acquisition of their powers, and are there certain things in their life that determine what power they obtain?

Hey, Andy, is there any particular event that leads to the acquisition of their powers, and are there certain things in their life that determine what power they obtain?
There will be a triggered event that will make the Warden take interest in the players, and thus unlock their arcane potential for them. And as it says in the introduction, what power you get is decided before you are born, and is seemingly random. There might be something that affects it, there might not. Who knows?

As for the history issue, I could make the biography optional if that would help. I guess it really isn't that important.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked how you made sure to add 'seemingly'. XD
Alrighty then, I think I have a better understanding of how to help with her character, thanks.

In all honesty I myself was stuck on the Bio... ^^; so here is my CS.

Name: Arthur Evans
Appearance: About 5' 6" tall, 143 Pounds, short, curly brown hair and brown eyes, Arthur is a bit on the (physically) weaker side. Usually wears cargo shorts, and a short sleeve T-shirt. As with most teanagers, Arthur has a few small zits. Has green wire framed rectangular glasses.
Power: energy
Personality: Somewhat laid back, Arthur is usually calm. He Doesn't like loudmouths or people who go back on their word, but will give them a look rather than confront them about it, as he is more of the quiet type that would deal with it. Not that much of a fan of physical combat, Arthur would rather play a game of chess against someone. Seems to find Romance a waste of time.
Biography: (can't think of one… >.< ) (so I'm going the optional route here.)

do say if anything needs to be added.

In all honesty I myself was stuck on the Bio... ^^; so here is my CS.
Name: Arthur Evans
Appearance: About 5' 6" tall, 143 Pounds, short, curly brown hair and brown eyes, Arthur is a bit on the (physically) weaker side. Usually wears cargo shorts, and a short sleeve T-shirt. As with most teanagers, Arthur has a few small zits. Has green wire framed rectangular glasses.
Power: energy
Personality: Somewhat laid back, Arthur is usually calm. He Doesn't like loudmouths or people who go back on their word, but will give them a look rather than confront them about it, as he is more of the quiet type that would deal with it. Not that much of a fan of physical combat, Arthur would rather play a game of chess against someone. Seems to find Romance a waste of time.
Biography: (can't think of one… >.< ) (so I'm going the optional route here.)
do say if anything needs to be added.
Nope, this looks good. Though I'm gonna remove the Biography part since you didn't give your character one, purely of cosmetic reasons.

By the way, since almost the entirety of the rest of the world uses the Metric System, including me, I added the Metric height and weight to your characters, next to their measurements in the incorrect, inferior and barbaric Imperial System.

Speaking of which, am I the only one around here who's not from the US? Am I surrounded by...Yanks? ono

.__. ...You're intentionally calling me a Yankee?

Last edited by a moderator:
As opposed to accidentally calling you a Yankee or what? .-.

I'm not a Yankee but I live in the U.S. Just thought I should throw that out there... P: imeanitsayssoonmyprofile

Speaking of which, am I the only one around here who's not from the US? Am I surrounded by...Yanks? ono
Bish, I'm a Texan. That's far from a fuckin Yank.

Anyways, silliness aside, I will read through the OOC thoroughly. I skimmed what I had missed, but I did catch that my class was able to heal wounds (Yay, I picked the healer again :D). Also, I apologize for my inactivity in this ooc. I will try to be more active, but it's kinda hard when you just pulled your husband back from the rp graveyard and thrusted him into an rp.

Okay, making a note that Yank is apparently not a word referring to the common American. Also making a note that I'm surrounded by Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.