The False King's Grimoire - OOC - Signups open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, man. I assumed the False King was just like some ruler from <insert inexplicably large unit of time here> and this was the modern day. But yeah. WE NEEDED A MUSLIM.
It is modern day, just an unspecified place. That means it doesn't necessarily have to be in the US, or even the real world, so it'd be a bit quirky for him to have a US citizenship.

It is modern day, just an unspecified place. That means it doesn't necessarily have to be in the US, or even the real world, so it'd be a bit quirky for him to have a US citizenship.

Well did you have an idea of setting?

Well did you have an idea of setting?
Huh? No, I'm not saying you should change it or anything. I'm just saying it's not specified where we will be in the game, so players are not constrained by a specified culture when making and playing as their character. You don't have to do anything.

Most of the RPs I'm in either died or have been put on hiatus, so I was wondering if I could pop in for a spell? XD

I've been delving into this kind of thing for several years, and am wondering if it would be possible to have a character with powers connected to multiple fields.

The real world version of Twilight 'Manipulation' is the ability to control Light and Darkness, either external or internal, in different combinations, taking from your 'Energy' field, yet it also allows you to manipulate it into different physical objects, taking from 'Alteration', move objects, as well as yourself, with it, taking from 'Kinetics', summon your own personal Guardian to aid you, taking from 'Conjuring', as well as giving you the ability to physically, albeit sometimes randomly, move through time and reality, performing the latter by making it seem like you're having premonitions you feel like you actually lived through, which you actually did before you "Shifted", taking from 'Time'.

So, would this actual ability be considered far too powerful for the type of world you've put together? XD
I can choose a single field, if you'd prefer, I just thought I'd ask about something I've had experience with, beforehand. XD

Most of the RPs I'm in either died or have been put on hiatus, so I was wondering if I could pop in for a spell? XD
I've been delving into this kind of thing for several years, and am wondering if it would be possible to have a character with powers connected to multiple fields.
The real world version of Twilight 'Manipulation' is the ability to control Light and Darkness, either external or internal, in different combinations, taking from your 'Energy' field, yet it also allows you to manipulate it into different physical objects, taking from 'Alteration', move objects, as well as yourself, with it, taking from 'Kinetics', summon your own personal Guardian to aid you, taking from 'Conjuring', as well as giving you the ability to physically, albeit sometimes randomly, move through time and reality, performing the latter by making it seem like you're having premonitions you feel like you actually lived through, which you actually did before you "Shifted", taking from 'Time'.
So, would this actual ability be considered far too powerful for the type of world you've put together? XD
I can choose a single field, if you'd prefer, I just thought I'd ask about something I've had experience with, beforehand. XD
I'd prefer if you stuck to the set out categories, if you don't mind.

I don't mind, I just thought I'd ask while I was cross examining it against the choices you gave, since I'm very indecisive, and was having trouble choosing just one. XD
I'll put up a CS as soon as I figure out which one won't lead to being too "Prototype"d. XD

So...could Time be used kind of like Orihime's barriers, in that it can 'reject' injuries by rewinding them, as well as slow things down to a Matrixy level, and freeze time to avoid being hit by something in your immediate vicinity that could kill you?
I would guess it would be limited to only one at a time per bubble, with each subsequent one varying in size up to a certain exhaustive limit, where all the bubbles with burst.

I can understand Kinetics fairly well, just a broader understanding of physics and the manipulation thereof, but in order to, say, make a 'lightsaber', would you have to have a conduit to infuse with your own magic, or would you be able to create it from your own energies, similarly to the Alteration caegory, yet still staying within the bounds of Energy, as it's created from what you're able to control?

Sorry, I don't ask questions very often, so when I do, I tend to go overboard. XD

This looks interesting. What is expected and/or required of a text description, though? Why is it mandatory when you have the option of an image?

Name: Alana Vance
Appearance:
mary.jpg

(Sorry, I could not obtain a smaller image)

Alana stands at a mere 5'4", weighing in at around 125 lbs. She has a fit body from working out a few times a week. Her brown hair flows to the middle of her back, which she often keeps up in a braid in an attempt to keep it manageable. She often wears a pair of jeans and sturdy boots, along with a t-shirt and a jean jacket that is left open.
Power: Alteration

Personality: Alana is a quirky girl who cares about others, often putting herself last. She can be blunt, but would rather not hurt anyone's feelings, so she tends to tip toe around the issue that she is trying to address. She respects those who respect others, and is scathing towards those who spout stupidity and hate. She is also accepting towards those who show acceptance towards others.

Biography:
Alana was born to a middle class family in a suburb of Atlanta. She had a relatively normal life according to the American standard with a few friends. She was never the popular one, but she was not hated. She excelled in all her classes because her parents pushed her to focus on her schooling. Throughout the years, she participated in sports, but lost interest in them or did not make the cut. At the age of 10, she turned her focus to art and has since been painting and drawing.

When Alana was 13, her parents split. It was not amicable, and her father left with no clue as to his whereabouts. She found out later that she had a couple of half brothers that were younger than her. She never met them, and they were always far from her mind as she was focusing on obtaining acceptance into universities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind, I just thought I'd ask while I was cross examining it against the choices you gave, since I'm very indecisive, and was having trouble choosing just one. XD
You could check what the others are taking if that'll help you.
I don't mind, I just thought I'd ask while I was cross examining it against the choices you gave, since I'm very indecisive, and was having ..could Time be used kind of like Orihime's barriers, in that it can 'reject' injuries by rewinding them, as well as slow things down to a Matrixy level, and freeze time to avoid being hit by something in your immediate vicinity that could kill you?
I would guess it would be limited to only one at a time per bubble, with each subsequent one varying in size up to a certain exhaustive limit, where all the bubbles with burst.
That's exactly how time magic works. You can in theory have an unlimited amount of bubbles of indefinate size as long as you have the energy to sustain them.
Another thing to note is that they are just bubbles in name - they don't actually have to be shaped like a bubble. They are, however, three-dimensional, closed shapes, so you can't just make a wall or a tube. Minor detail, just so you are aware of how it appears visually.
I can understand Kinetics fairly well, just a broader understanding of physics and the manipulation thereof, but in order to, say, make a 'lightsaber', would you have to have a conduit to infuse with your own magic, or would you be able to create it from your own energies, similarly to the Alteration caegory, yet still staying within the bounds of Energy, as it's created from what you're able to control?
If you mean a literal lightsaber, that is only possible if you're a conjurer, as then you can just imagine one and then you can create it. Making a real one is not possible within the boundaries of any of the types of magic, as it'd have to be a cooking pot of all of them at the same time.

This looks interesting. What is expected and/or required of a text description, though? Why is it mandatory when you have the option of an image?
In terms of text description, only a short description of general apparel is necessary. Mandatory text description is mostly a thing of principle. I'm not really sure why, but I like having it down in text. But since the required amount of text is just a brief description, eh.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Alana Vance
Appearance:
(Sorry, I could not obtain a smaller image)
Alana stands at a mere 5'4", weighing in at around 125 lbs. She has a fit body from working out a few times a week. Her brown hair flows to the middle of her back, which she often keeps up in a braid in an attempt to keep it manageable. She often wears a pair of jeans and sturdy boots, along with a t-shirt and a jean jacket that is left open.
Power: Alteration
Personality: Alana is a quirky girl who cares about others, often putting herself last. She can be blunt, but would rather not hurt anyone's feelings, so she tends to tip toe around the issue that she is trying to address. She respects those who respect others, and is scathing towards those who spout stupidity and hate. She is also accepting towards those who show acceptance towards others.
Biography: Alana was born to a middle class family in a suburb of Atlanta. She had a relatively normal life according to the American standard with a few friends. She was never the popular one, but she was not hated. She excelled in all her classes because her parents pushed her to focus on her schooling. Throughout the years, she participated in sports, but lost interest in them or did not make the cut. At the age of 10, she turned her focus to art and has since been painting and drawing.
When Alana was 13, her parents split. It was not amicable, and her father left with no clue as to his whereabouts. She found out later that she had a couple of half brothers that were younger than her. She never met them, and they were always far from her mind as she was focusing on obtaining acceptance into universities.
Welp, looks like we're ending up in the US after all :b

I'll add her right in, Beatrix.

Well, that makes sense for 'Time', but I suppose I didn't properly explain my question about 'Energy'.

What I meant about wanting to make a flaming sword or something while being 'Energy', in this example being able to control fire, would you be able to make one if you were to infuse the element into something like a pipe or stick, or could you make a type of construct without a conduit, as long as it remained the specific element or something able to be connected with, or derived from, it, such as a literal blade of fire, without it being considered 'Conjuring' or 'Alteration'?

Well, that makes sense for 'Time', but I suppose I didn't properly explain my question about 'Energy'.
What I meant about wanting to make a flaming sword or something while being 'Energy', in this example being able to control fire, would you be able to make one if you were to infuse the element into something like a pipe or stick, or could you make a type of construct without a conduit, as long as it remained the specific element or something able to be connected with, or derived from, it, such as a literal blade of fire, without it being considered 'Conjuring' or 'Alteration'?
No, I'm afraid you cannot. As I said, you don't control fire in itself, just heat energy, and you can't sustain it in any way using energy magic. What you could do if you want a flaming sword is put something flammable on your sword and then ignite it, but I guess that's just not the same thing, is it :P

Alrighty, then.
That narrows the list to 'Conjuring' or 'Time'.

So, the 'bubbles' have the same limitation as the 'constructs', as they require the same kind of energy to be sustained, as well as the larger the creation, the less time it can be used.

That would mean a healing field using 'Time' should just be around each individual requiring aid, or the person can just go back in time and prevent it all together, right?
Is there a limit to how far back or forward they can go?

But with a construct, say someone creates a medi-gun, would it heal using the wielder's own life energy, sacrificing it for their comrades, merely transfer the injuries from them, to the wielder, or would it merely continue healing until using up a specific amount of their magic energy?

Oh, here's an idea about the setting: it could start off taking place in the US, like some sort of facility that collected the 'Mages', or people most likely to become so, from around the world, hoping to free the 'King' and rule with him in his gratitude, then the characters can find out, fail to prevent his awakening, then go on adventures around the world to combat the rising threat.
Would something like that help?

Last edited:
That would mean a healing field using 'Time' should just be around each individual requiring aid, or the person can just go back in time and prevent it all together, right?
Is there a limit to how far back or forward they can go?
Well, this is actually a bit complicated to explain. The thing about time magic is that rather than transporting something through time, it controls the time for a process of something. This means that if you're wounded, you can apply a time field on the wounded area to revert the process of the creation of the wound, which would in effect heal it, or you can stop or reverse a bullet in mid-flight, but you can't actually transport something through time.

If, for example, your ally takes a wound in battle, you can use time magic to revert the process of the injury, and thus healing it (this does not mean it will happen as soon as you stop reverting - it's kind of been "cancelled"), but your example of going back in time to prevent the injury from ever happening is impossible due to two things. First, there would be a paradox in which you would no longer have needed to go back in time to prevent the wound since it never happened, but since you never prevented it, it happens, but then you go back in time and prevents it, and then it goes on and on. Second, you would literally break time. This is due to how the time/space continuum is built in this universe. If you want to know more, why not ask the Warden once you meet him.

Also, if you transported a piece of the ground back through time, even by a second, it would be transported to where it would have been in space at that very time (Earth spins, remember), and so it would have to be practically crammed inside the earth that is already there on an atomic level. This would literally result in a hydrogen bomb, or at least the process that causes the explosion.

Also, advancing or reversing the process of something also ages or rejuvenates it, and this also applies to living beings. One of the offensive capabilities of a time mage is to actually age his enemies to death.

As for the conjuring, if you want to make a medi-gun, how it works depends on how you imagined it. Using it in any way would drain your magical energy (which is the same as your physical energy, so food and rest would replenish it), but it won't drain any other energy from you, such as life force. How it does the actual healing, though, is all up to you.

Oh, here's an idea about the setting: it could start off taking place in the US, like some sort of facility that collected the 'Mages', or people most likely to become so, from around the world, hoping to free the 'King' and rule with him in his gratitude, then the characters can find out, fail to prevent his awakening, then go on adventures around the world to combat the rising threat.
Would something like that help?
Setting doesn't really matter much, I just wanted it to be unspecified in order to allow for greater freedom (and because 8/10 rps take place in the US). I already have a skeleton story set up, including the beginning and how you will all go about in getting your powers. No, you do not start with them from the beginning.

Alright, I'll go with 'Conjuring'.
Sorry for all the questions, I just wanted to make sure I understood everything sooner than later. XD
One last question, for the time being, though: the description for it says that it's limited by the imagination, so does that mean literally anything can be created, only having a limited amount of time to keep it in existence, based on the summoner's magical energy reserves, being its downside?
So, I could summon a special Pikachu, have him use Thunder, then tranform into a living gun and shoot electrical orbs at enemies out of his original attack range? XD

Yeah, I gotcha, makes sense.
I'll start on my CS in a bit, then.

Alright, I'll go with 'Conjuring'.
Sorry for all the questions, I just wanted to make sure I understood everything sooner than later. XD
One last question, for the time being, though: the description for it says that it's limited by the imagination, so does that mean literally anything can be created, only having a limited amount of time to keep it in existence, based on the summoner's magical energy reserves, being its downside?
So, I could summon a special Pikachu, have him use Thunder, then tranform into a living gun and shoot electrical orbs at enemies out of his original attack range? XD
Yeah, I gotcha, makes sense.
I'll start on my CS in a bit, then.
No problem, I actually appreciate questions. It shows people are interested, and it also forces me to develop everything to make it more believable since I have to figure out how it could work. I improvised almost everything of what I told you in response :3

And yes, you can do exactly that if you wish :P

• Love
Reactions: Caramon Zero
Status
Not open for further replies.