The False King's Grimoire - OOC - Signups open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name:
Shannon Watkins
Appearance:
images

Shannon has bright red hair and large framed glasses. She has a R2D2 slash Darth Vader slash Star Wars tattoo on her arm. There's also a tattoo of a little girl chasing a balloon on her foot. Normally, her tattoo only peeks out from underneath the big and fluffy sweaters she wears, or graphic t shirts in the summer, and high waisted jeans cling to her tall and skinny frame. Since she's 5 foot 8, she slouches a lot. She likes to wear beanies and converse. Shannon has either a diamond stud or ring in her nose piercing.
Power:
Conjuring
Personality:
Shannon is very geeky and extremely sarcastic. She loves RPGs and FPSs and any other PS3 or computer game she stumbles across. Sarcasm rolls off her tongue as easily as words do, and she's very quick witted. Easily flustered around potential love interests, she'll either charm you with sarcasm or freak you out from her word vomit. Most of the time she's quiet, although she won't hesitate to make a sarcastic comment. She doesn't care if she offends people. She loves drawing and art, too, which is probably why conjuring is easy for her.
Biography:
Shannon had a normal life. Well, she calls it normal. She grew up with a mean mother, a father in a different state, and, despite how hard she tried to prevent it, a slight depression. She wasn't suicidal, though. She drew a lot in her free time, and found her love for art. She's a pretty creative person, and has had her art go into school art shows.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shit, I just saw your posts, Zero ._.

Will there be two Conjurers, then?

Also, another restriction for conjurers is that they can only conjure matter. This means they can't sneak into the other categories by conjuring energy :b

What is this sorcery!? I had planned for just a small group of players for this game - I didn't expect this many to be interested D:

I also haven't planned how to incorporate a character that doesn't goes to high school as it is stated in the introduction ;-;

@Andalais: Yeah, I always enjoy when I get to play with imaginative people who can come up with that suff on the fly. XD
Loophole: weapons that harness different energies as alternate power sources, without directly applying usage of the element itself, as well as devices that produce said elements via specific reactions from parts composing it, i.e. a flamethrower crossbow.
Well, it was a great idea that several people wanted to play, but not try to run. XD
Could be teachers/student teachers?

@PinkArrow: So much yes! XD

@Xibilation: I don't see a problem in it if Sir White doesn't.
If 'e okays it, it'd give my character someone to learn with who understands what he's going through. XD

Last edited:
@Andalais Crap, I completely read over the fact that we're all supposed to be creating high school characters. Is it alright if my character is 19? Maybe she fell back a few grades? I'm not really that adept in playing characters who are 17, 16, and below, but I don't want my character to be 18... :c

Loophole: weapons that harness different energies as alternate power sources, without directly applying usage of the element itself, as well as devices that produce said elements via specific reactions from parts composing it, i.e. a flamethrower crossbow.
The objects created by a conjurer don't actually exist fully. That means, even though you conjure something that is supposedly made of metal and works just like metal in practice, it is in reality made of...well, there is no word for it. Let's call it 'conjuration force'. This is why it doesn't remain once the conjurer stops making an effort to keep it in existence, and it just fades away. This means that if you made a flamethrower, you would have to create the fire that it spews out since there is no real chemical reaction going on. Although a conjurer can do this visually, it will be useless since there is no heat, as you can't conjure energy.

Loophole filled.
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@Andalais Crap, I completely read over the fact that we're all supposed to be creating high school characters. Is it alright if my character is 19? Maybe she fell back a few grades? I'm not really that adept in playing characters who are 17, 16, and below, but I don't want my character to be 18... :c
It's completely fine. As long as you have a good excuse, you can make your character any age you want . 3.

@Xibilation I'm fine with two conjurers, I'm just unsure how I'm going to adapt the story so your character doesn't get left out due to not going to the school ;n;

What are the benefits and limitations to time, alteration, and kinetics? I'm stuck on choosing from those three... =v=

What are the benefits and limitations to time, alteration, and kinetics? I'm stuck on choosing from those three... =v=
Time
Pros:
Can slow down or stop enemies while speeding up own team
Can kill enemies by aging them to death, which is kind of badass
Can heal wounds
Can clear obstacles by aging the blocking object to non-existence
Time bubbles look like heat in the air and can be difficult to spot, and can thus be used similar to mines on the field

Cons:
Limited to the use of time bubbles, which are static and avoidable
Bubbles drain energy constantly, which can be exhausting in longer contacts

Alteration
Pros:
Can alter the shape of the battlefield to their liking
Alterations are permanent, and doesn't drain energy from the user once they are done
Can heal wounds - more effectively so than time
Can alter the bodies of friends and enemies alike
Can pick apart everything on a molecular level, rendering armour useless
Can also clear obstacles by reshaping it

Cons:
One of the most exhausting powers due to the constant moving and reshaping of matter
Relies on already present materials for alteration
Tougher materials take more energy to alter
New structures made from alteration gets progressively weaker the more exhausted and unfocused the alterer becomes
Necessity of quick thinking and risk of self-injury makes close-quarter combat somewhat harder of alterers

Kinetics
Pros:
Can put enormous amounts of force into their attacks to bring maximal damage
Strongest in melee combat due to the ability to transfer kinetic energy into punches and kicks
Can levitate given enough skill

Cons:
Restricted to control of physical, conventional abilities and attacks that can be somewhat easier to block and evade
Weaker defensive powers compared to other magic types
Lack of precision

I think that'd be it. Other ideas are welcome.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
By the way, I'm sorry @Mr. V but can I change the country of origin for Rehan? It says he's an Arab even though he comes from Afghanistan, which isn't an Arab country, and it's bothering me an unreasonable lot >-<

Ah, whoops. I skipped over that part >.> Multitasking is not my strong suit. I'll edit.

By the way, I'm sorry @Mr. V but can I change the country of origin for Rehan? It says he's an Arab even though he comes from Afghanistan, which isn't an Arab country, and it's bothering me an unreasonable lot >-<

Like someone from Iran who is ready to decapitate you if you call them an Arab? Got it. Also, if Kinetics manipulate gravity and kinetic energy, there's probably a lot more they can do than just what you listed. Have you read "The Way of Kings"?! Szeth's a badass!

Working on CS right now, should he be a teacher or something?

@Andalais Okay, got it! Just to let you know, I won't be able to put up a character right away, but I will do it.

Working on CS right now, should he be a teacher or something?
I guess, if you really want to. My job would be easier if everyone was a student, but I can make it work somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.