The Experimental Nation [Sign-ups closed!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@EMajyyks: Accepted in that case.

@SquishyMath: Accepted.

FRIENDLY REMINDER FOR EVERYONE: SIGNUPS WILL CLOSE TONIGHT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE A SPOT OR SUBMIT YOUR CHARACTER AT A LATER TIME, PLEASE INFORM ME WITH A PM.

There will be two more people joining us. @driftingstar and @HeadlessKoko. The game is bound to start next week after I finish my initial notes for the whole campaign. I hope you guys are excited for the ride.

(Wiggles) I'm excited >:D

Alice Copellion, mistyrose
I don't really understand what's happening, but it's my turn I think. Do I talk? I guess I'll do what the big people did.

"Alice's name is Alice. Alice is 7. Experiment 3D17V of Project Copellion. Generation 3. Batch D. Genetic Classification 1. Unique serialization 7V. Male. Albino. Albino means Alice can't be in the light for too long and things are really bright for me. Alice likes colors, though. Reading, too. Alice never had any… uh… pic-pip-pitcher books to read in the lab?

"Alice can't walk. Alice thinks it's because of the marks Alice has on the back of Alice's feet. They're the only marks on Alice's her body. Everything else disappears. Cuts and scrapes go bye-bye really quickly."

With nothing more to say after mentioning the scars on the back of my feet, the only wounds that never heal despite the accelerated healing my body has, I stare blankly at the others. During the silence, someone asks me if healing is my power. It is but it's not all of it, and I struggle to clarify.

"Alice… has another power. Ah, the men-in-white sometimes said sinking. Alice think it's because Alice feels like Alice is sinking whenever Alice uses Alice's power." There is more than just that to the power I'm talking about, but I still couldn't think of how to say it all. At a loss for words with my limited vocabulary, I simply put both my hands on the log of driftwood I sat upon. My eyes drift half-closed as I synch with the log, feeling out how far I would need to go to synchronize. Once it all clicked, I made a wish, <Alice wishes for a dragon,> to bring out the potential of the log. The misshapen piece of driftwood twisted and turned, groaning and creaking into a wooden miniature of a dragon I had read in a picture book while on the way here.

Brought to life, the wooden dragon blinked open its eyes and stretched its wings, but it didn't move from its spot in the sand because I didn't want it to. I still needed to sit on its back. The dragon, while sentient in its own way and possessed of its own personality, recognized me as its absolute master. I could not explain how or why, but there was a reason… or at least the men-in-white were always talking about it. The sinking done now that the wish had been completed, I open my own eyes fully and look at the results with a smile.

Inspired, I remember other things and try to say as much of it as I can, "Alice can also sink into other things. Like other people! But when Alice does that, Alice can't change them into dragons. Sinking into other people just lets Alice wish for a small change, like faster speed or not hurting, and Alice has to keep on sinking into them every now and then to keep the people changed. Alice can also sink into water! Alice couldn't make the water float like the men in white wanted, but Alice could make the water ripple and move up the sides of the tank and Alice could even swim in it without air like a fish! Glub glub! The men in white tried to make Alice sink into air, but Alice can't. They were weird, acting nice to Alice after Alice failed and saying that Alice just needs to try harder. Then they-th-they… Fire… Alice can sink into fire… but it hurts Alice. It hurts Alice lots and lots…. Alice was alright after it, but fire really hurts. After… Hrghk. After… Af-aft-UWAAAAAAH." With the normally repressed memory fresh in my head again, I sobbed and wailed. The dragon I had created convulsed at my rampant emotions. It snarled, looked ready to attack everything in reach, and then collapsed back into driftwood. I fell unconscious. My power's "safety," which the scientists had modified into me sometime after my birth, had kicked in. The safety was a subconscious, irrevocable instinct to, so long as I'm in no danger, end the effects of all my abilities and fall unconscious whenever my emotions reached a certain peak that they had deemed dangerous.

Although, falling unconscious was hardly anything new for me. My stamina, being neglected in both creation and growing up had always been low, and being a seven year old, it was really, really low. If I don't sleep for at least half the day, I feel sleepy, and I like sleeping more than that when I can. Even if I could walk, I probably wouldn't be able to walk for more than two minutes before wanting a piggy back ride. The scientists would always encourage me when regained consciousness after my tests that when I get older, I'll be able to synchronize more thoroughly and more often, but as it is, I can barely go through three deep synchs a day without feeling exhausted. Beyond that, I'm too tired to properly make my wish and at five or six, I risk falling unconscious.

(OOC: I… hope this is alright >< . I couldn't imagine a seven year old being able to explain everything with just words so I mixed in what he did as well. I feel like this might be acceptable, but I also expect to have to change something… I don't know why, though DX .)

Reactions: Thomas McTavish
Heheh. I'm sure this'll be worth the wait. And hope it won't go dead after three or four pages like all the others I participate in on this site. :P

Definitely looking forward to this! :) It's new to me in both style and subject matter. (if that makes any sense)

---

"Y'know how people just disappear sometimes?" My voice came out in a faint squeak; I pushed it into a more normal whisper as best I could. "There one day, a face on a missing persons list the next? Yeah, that's what happened with me. My name's Julia."

"I was a normal kid...family, friends, school, all common too. Thing is, there's so many normal people, a few won't be missed much. That's what they told me. Figured somebody'd find me at first...but you can tell how that went. So maybe they were right." I shook my head. "B'fore all this, I could climb, run, do some first aid, patch up clothes if I had to...numbers an' theories were never easy for me. It could've been a lie..."

"I was 18 when it happened. I haven't been outside since...umm...23? So I'm older than that by a couple've seasons. That's what the earth says. Oh, right...I can ask it things an' it'll answer. I dunno if that's what they wanted, or just that I can move dirt and rocks...they're kinda connected. I can try it with water; hah, it listens when it wants. Not like everything they say makes sense, but once I sort it, I can find things, know the lay of the land a little."

My throat was already starting to ache, and the cough I used to clear it didn't help. "Sorry if I'm hard t'hear...I dunno why, but being able t'do this messed some stuff up. Just this makes my voice hoarse, like I screamed a while. They changed s'other stuff too. I'm tough but heavy, I sink like a rock in water, I don't feel much pain but I get hurt same as always. I can make my skin like dirt or rocks to stop getting hurt, but... They made me do it once. Felt like I was gonna die, both ways...I'd rather just hurt normal ways.

"An' then there's the talking. See, just 'cause I can hear the earth, doesn't mean I can stop hearing it. Even when I'm asleep, it keeps muttering on an' on...only way to block it is by getting away from bare earth. An' the damn ocean is worse, always loud an' random and it never, ever....!" The last words had become fainter, even to my ears, and the last few were lost entirely as I raised my voice. It didn't make a sound that human ears could catch. It never did. The second I felt the resulting tremor I froze on reflex. Before it stopped - not long after it started, it was barely even minor - my face was buried in my hands. "Oh hell, sorry, I'm sorry, I won't do it again....I just slipped a li'l, I'm not up t'anything...!"

@HeadlessKoko: Accepted.

@driftingstar: Accepted. (Though you already know)

Well then. If you have any subplots or plots you wish to include, please post them here or PM them to me. Also remember that your characters have travelled together for a long time, so you might want to discuss some character relationships between yourselves. I do not know the exact launch date yet, but I will update you as I progress.

Player Name Age Gender Power
Lstorm Nameless King 36 Male Exceptional
Smo Harper 24 Female Electron Manipulation: in the living
driftingstar Julia 23 Female Elemental Connection
AAB Tenna 20 Female Bleeding
EMajyyks Rythan 18 Female Mimicry: stuff
Vexor Vexor 17 Male Teleport: short-range
Angel of Castiel Fantine 17 Female Fire: shooting blue flames
HecateProxy Alta 17 Female Body-Snatching
Thomas McTavish Hal 16 Male Light Solidifier
Nightstealer Eliade 15 Female Chameleon: skin-changing
Lucifers Sairen Lilith 15 Female Blood Manipulation
SquishyMath Log 10 Male Super-vision
HeadlessKoko Alice 7 Male Mental Reconstruction
Renegade Proxy Arath   Female Wolverine with acid blood

Last edited:
Uh...
Arath is a female.
Also, Logan doesn't bleed acid.

If you want to call me a plagiarist then you would be better served by saying she's like Ripley 8.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Tis Eliade, not Eliande, just for future reference XD And she does skin texture too.

Also, Alice is a boy ^^; .

So who wants to be friends :D ?!

Blah. I just say what I have to say then walk away. >.=.< Nuthin' like an aloof nature to make everyone want to be your friend. :/

Yay, friends! :) Any particular traits that stand out with your characters, everyone? Quirks that would've shown up in the time they were together? Getting an idea of how people act from day to day might help with figuring out possible interactions. (Since if someone's normal behavior is likely to bug someone else, those two are less likely to have spent enough time together to get to be friends...)

I'll start with Tenna's behavior. She was raised in a laboratory. Her first word was "no." She uses big words and sometimes doesn't understand simple ones, though she pretends to. Her most peculiar trait is her habit of bleeding herself. About a week after setting out, Tenna found the excess blood in her veins was too painful; she grabbed someone's knife (who had a knife?) and slit her wrist, then bled heavily for a while before wrapping up her wrist and hurrying on. (She realized moving while bleeding would leave a trail.) By now she has a few wounds that are still healing; she tries to use a different place each time so the last place has time to heal. It isn't dangerous for her, but it does hurt and it is scarring.
So how would your characters react to this? Tenna tends to be objective and to block out emotions, since she doesn't know how to deal with them.
Julia and Tenna are close in age; might they be friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.