The Experimental Nation [Sign-ups closed!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, on the topic of Eliade and her quirks. She is generally fairly quiet, nervous, jumpy. She is definitely not a live wire. She's the kind of girl that was afraid of the dark, of monsters under the bed. Then when she was kidnapped by the scientists her nightmares became a reality. No longer were the monsters hiding under her bed or in her closet. They were very real, and very aggressive. She suffers from anxiety issues due to this, and due to bullying in her life before being taken to the lab. It is believed that her past experiences resulted in the manifestation of her ability, her desire to blend into the background being the catalyst of a dormant ability.

She'll try to start conversations with others sometimes, but only if she believes they won't be likely to lash out at her. She is shy, she stutters when she's nervous, or emotional, and when she gets upset she'll usually fade into the background, quite literally. She has learnt to control her ability in order to hide from the things that scare her. She finds the island to be a place of potential threat, and is constantly the one that everyone would see jumping at every sound, at the shadows if they move suddenly. She finds it hard to confide in people, and sees everyone as potential threats, but also admires them all in different ways. She believes that everyone has the potential to harm others, but that's not to say that they do. She's just overly cautious.

As expressed in her introduction, she loves reading, because it helps her escape the reality she faces. She's at a loss without her books, wishing she had something to read, so she tries to find ways to distract herself.

When it comes to sexuality, Eliade is on the fence. She was barely eleven years old when she was taken and so she has never really been interested in anyone, male or female. The only people she knew through her transition period were the scientists, and there was no way she'd ever develop any kind of attachment to them. She never even saw their faces. If she were to let herself overcome her anxiety enough to get to know someone, it is possible she may develop feelings of sorts towards them, but we'll see how that all turns out.

I really forgot to post about her personality >~< Well better late than never I suppose.

Personality:
Lilith likes to be daring and pretty adventurous at times, she doesn't have much fear of things. After all being thrown around in the air or walking tightropes tend to do that. By being thrown in the air trust was needed and that's not easy to give. If you show you have her back she'll show loyalty and trust towards you. Just don't break it since Lilith holds onto grudges for quite some time. Besides that she can be quite playful and likes a good laugh at times, she'll even laugh at herself. Lastly she is also creative at times, she loved music and it came from that and from being in a circus most of her life.

Insomnia:
So after looking into Insomnia I picked a few problems that come from it, such as Micro-sleep. This means that sometimes through out the day she fall asleep for a minute or so and believed she wasn't asleep at all. So when people tell she was asleep she'll feel as though it never happened. Another thing I gave was hallucinations, but only visual and auditory. So hearing and seeing things throughout the day; approach her carefully if she spaces out. Lastly horrible concentration which follows hallucinations.

I am sorry for not starting this yet, but life got in the way. I know that you are all at the edge of your seats, but you will have to wait a few days until the IC thread comes up. I just need to write the actual intro post now, so I should be done soon.

I'm okay with waiting haha, I've been working on an assessment that is absorbing all of my free time

I'm guessing either this is gonna be a really good or really long intro post, or life is getting in the way again. xP

All right, now that everything that was dumped on me is finally done and the draft of the first post is completed, expect the roleplay to start up tomorrow. I am too tired to make the post right now, but it will be the first thing I do in the morning. I hope you guys are still on board and I apologise for the repeated delays, but I did not count on my days being so busy and overloaded, which totally killed my muse for this RP.

Yeah, I was about to hop out too. Good thing this will start soon!

Phew… Was sure for a while there that this may have been dead before it even started. Feels good to be wrong xD

And the IC Thread is up!

@Vexor, @Lucifers Sairen, @Smo, @AAB, you are on the scout team. That means once you are rested enough, you will have to start exploring the island.

@Renegade Proxy, @Thomas McTavish, you are on the hunter team. Your characters will be responsible for getting meat on the plates of everyone.

@Angel of Castiel, you are responsible for keeping the fire in the night. If your character is sleepy, then just tell the Nameless King.

@driftingstar, your character is responsible for talking to Mother Nature and seeing what the island has to offer.

@EMajyyks, @Nightstealer, @HecateProxy, @SquishyMath, @HeadlessKoko, you will stay with the Nameless King to set up shop.

These orders are not yet in effect, as The Nameless King is letting his subjects rest. I will wait for an initial post from everyone in the IC thread, and then move everything along.

Ic's looking good. Glad to finally have this up and going. I just got home but will post tomorrow (later today) after much needed rest and headache medicine.

I'll try to get a post up in the morning. It should be a slow day at work due to Memorial Day.

Player Name Age Gender Power Position
EMajyyks Rythan 18 Female Mimicry: stuff Camp
HecateProxy Alta 17 Female Body-Snatching Camp
Nightstealer Eliande 15 Female Chameleon: skin-recoloring Camp
SquishyMath Log 10 Male Super-vision Camp
HeadlessKoko Alice 7 Male Mental Reconstruction Camp
Angel of Castiel Fantine 17 Female Fire: shooting blue flames Fire
Thomas McTavish Hal 16 Male Light Solidifier Hunter
Renegade Proxy Arath   Female Wolverine with acid blood Hunter
Lstorm Nameless King 36 Male Exceptional Leader
driftingstar Julia 23 Female Elemental Connection Research
Smo Harper 24 Female Electron Manipulation: in the living Scout
AAB Tenna 20 Female Bleeding Scout
Vexor Vexor 17 Male Teleport: short-range Scout
Lucifers Sairen Lilith 15 Female Blood Manipulation Scout

Last edited:
I will be posting later today as well after a good nap and some coffee.

Edit: Posted! I was a little stuck so I apologize for the size.

Edit2: Rythan is 19 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
By Marie, did he mean Harper? <<;
Because Harper is her first name... Marie is middle. Anyway. I'll get a post in eventually when I figure out how to reply to this.

Sorry for the delay. Headache turned to sickness but my introduction post is up.

Apparently my brother Squishy lost interest. I am disappointed in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.