The Escape

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Natalia called out to her, "No doubt there are bats farther in the cave. They don't like being disturbed." A foul smell filled her nose. Bat guano. "Yeah, they're definitely back there." She turned away, feeling slightly sick by the strong smell. But there was no other place for them to rest in.

Julianne jumped slightly at Natalia's voice as it echoed throughout the cave then she looked over to her sheepishly. "Oh, um, really?" She glanced around the cave with curiosity as to what bats were but also wariness as to how this girl had talked about them It seemed like bats were not very good creatures to be around, she guessed. She quickly turned around and started walking back toward the entrance of the cave with Natalia and when the sunlight started to be able to light their path, Julianne quickly extinguished her flame. She thought about it for a moment and then realized that she either didn't know or just forgot about this girl's name. "Um, so what's your name? Or do you not like to give it out, like Rina?" She asked curiously.

Natalia shook her head. "If we're going to survive in this world as abnormal, semi-humans, I think we need to stick together," she said, smiling slightly. She thought Rina's lack of attachment to others was rather stupid. Did she just expect to blow her way through life? Just blow up any enemies and be done with it? Did she really find it that necessary to kill everyone she didn't like?

"My name is Natalia," she said with a smile. "You're Julianne, right?"

Julianne smiled back to her, she agreed. She figured that they were probably going to be together as a team for a long time especially considering that most of them knew little to nothing about the outside world so they were going to need each other if they didn't want to raise any flags at their strange behaviors. "Yeah, it's nice to officially meet you, I guess you could say. So um, you can control…" She thought for a brief moment to remember what her power was, "ice, right?"

Ante didn't really seem to even notice the stick. He stared at the cliff for a moment. Hearing Rina, he turned to look at her, blinking a few times blankly before responding. "I... I guess?" He turned and looked down over the edge. "It's pretty dark down there." He said, then sat with his legs dangling over the edge. He swung them back and forth, smiling. "I think I like this place, it's fresh." He looked around aimlessly, then back to Rina. "So... you should start climbing. It might take you a bit to get down there." He said plainly.

"And you aren't going t- oh never mind." Rina sighed and started to climb. Every time, and which was most of the time, she felt like she was falling her limps would turn into blades that would jam themselves into the rock. Once she got down she called up quiet but still heard from the top, "Come on Ante!" After calling back up to him she looked behind her at Angel Boy once he landed. She found a decent size rock and threw it at Angel Boy's head. "Hey, couldn't you of offered us a ride down as well!?" She fumed before sighing, brushing the dirt off her clothes.

"Don't throw a rock at him!" Natalia said suddenly, slightly irritated that the rock had also hit her in the back after ricocheting off his head. She rolled her eyes, knowing it was pointless to try to be reasonable with the girl. She looked back at Julianne. "Yeah, ice or water. Whatever has h2o in it." she said, smiling again despite the irritation alight in her eyes.

"Which probably means we shouldn't be too close to each other. If we're in the middle of fighting it would kind of suck if we cancelled each other's powers out," she said with a slight laugh.

It didn't take Ante long to reach the bottom. Not more than a couple seconds after she called up to him he crashed to the ground flat on his stomach. His body as he hit the floor, allowing the force of the impact to pass through him relatively freely. It was visible as his back waved with rippling vibrations. He rolled over and sat up, shaking his head quickly. He looked up at them with a smile.* Heheh... that was weird huh? *He rubbed the back of his head absently. Looking around, he began to feel a little more comfortable now that there were at least walls around him.* Well this is nice...

Having been hidden in all of the commotion the whole time, Anja gazed upon the large hole that everyone had climbed (or jumped) down. Nobody seemed to notice that she had escaped. Not the guards OR the other mutants. She bit her lip uncertainly, wondering what she should do. With one last glance back at where all the guards had been held off by Dark and the others, she began to climb down. Being timid as she is, Anja didn't want to reach the bottom and be deserted. She began to hear familiar voices once she neared the middle of the wall. Not voices in which she'd spoken with before, but voices that she had heard in testing rooms near her, screaming out of the same helplessness she felt now and always.

"Hey!" she shouted in her normally quiet voice. She knew she had to be louder. "Hey guys!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. "Wait up! Please!"

Jordan had stayed a good deal away from the escaping group of mutants, he had managed to stay out of the danger that had followed them. But he apparently wasn't the only one, she was hard to notice at first, probably because of all the chaos, but he eventually noticed her standing by the hole that "Dark" guy had made, as she began calling out to them. He wanted to run over to her, but he didn't know anything about her. More importantly he didn't know what she could do. What if her power was like "Dark's" and she blasted a hole through his chest? And if he did continue to follow her he wasn't sure how much longer he could stay hidden. The only reasonable option he had left so he wasn't abandoned, was to call out to her and hope for the best, " Umm . . . hello . . . please don't leave me." he whispered. Realising that somebody standing next to him couldnt have heard him, he shakily called out louder waving his arm , " Wait, please dont leave me here!"

"I can do what I want, Ice Girl." Rina muttered, it's not like she threw it hard enough to hurt him. She placed her hand to her face, sighing when Ante landed on the ground in front of her. "Smooth Ante. And nice isn't what I would call this." Rina turned to look up, the voices were familiar but she would need to see them to be able to recognize who they were. "Great, more people. Hopefully they aren't as judgmental as the few already here." She muttered, knowing exactly who she was talking about and who she was not. "Hurry up you two." She called up, knowing that they were by far not guards. The guards would sneak up on them, not call after them.

Dark just took in all that was happening, Ante landed face first into the ground yet he was fine... as usual. It would surprised him if anything ever hurt that kid. Natalia and Julianne were talking together. They fit together like a glove... well with the exception of their powers. Then their was Rina who still seemed to be mad at the world, luckily for all of them she wasn't angry enough to gun them all down. He needed to find a way to bring them all together, make then in some sort of sense a family. That was the only way the last group made it out, they put themselves in harms way to save another one only to be saved by someone else. It was going to be a challenge to get them to think about each other this way. They already practically split into two groups... the only thing keeping them together was him and if he died he had no idea what would happen.

Just then he heard a couple people calling them. 'Wait up! Please!' 'Wait, please dont leave me here!' "Just come on down! Were not going anywhere until daytime!"

It felt... odd to Anja, actually hearing the voice of others speaking TO her instead of ABOUT her. It made her almost happy, a smile crossing her chapped lips and a glint of enjoyment appearing in her tired eyes. she snapped out of her joyous state once she reached the bottom. Turning slowly from the wall, she kept her eyes low and her already soft voice quiet.

"There's, a, um, another person coming down. I couldn't hold on to he wall any longer to wait, m-my arms were giving out..."

Anja didn't want to make eye contact because she had no idea if her powers still worked when someone was not in physical pain but mental or emotional pain, which, there was so much tension in the room she didn't need powers to know that these people were hurting just as she was.

Julianne laughed a little but then froze when she heard a new voice, another girl who wasn't with them before. Her head snapped over to look at the new arrival. She then cocked her head to the side with both curiousity and slight concern but she still held a bit of wariness about her. She hasn't really sent his girl before and she hasn't escaped with the rest of them so who knows? For all they do this could be a plot against them. This was just a conspiracy theory that was in the back of her head though, she didn't put much belief in it. "Are you ok?" She asked the girl, taking a small step toward her, she seemed shy so Julianne didn't want to go over to her too quickly.

Ante got up and walked over to the girl and squatted down next to her. "Hi!" He said in his innocent childish tone, smiling wide. "I'm Ante, do you have a name too?" He asked with excited interest. He couldn't help but be happy, he'd never met someone before and he was was meeting so many people in one day.

Natalia looked at the new girl, cocking her head to the side. Her eyes were looking down, she could tell, despite the slowly dimming light of the sun. She was welcoming the night. It meant cold air and less strain on her powers. After being trapped in heat for so long, it would be nice to feel fresh, cool air for the first time in a very, very long time. She looked at Ante. He really was clueless, wasn't he? But it didn't matter. He wasn't clueless enough to where he was a burden, which was good. In fact, he had been quite helpful in their escape.

Anja mustered up a friendly smile, carefully lifting her cautious eyes from the ground and into the faces, but not the eyes, of the people surrounding her. She was too afraid that she would feel the awful pain the examiners had put her through so many times. Eye contact was Anja's very worst fear.

"Um, yes, I'm fine, just sore..." she answered, happy that these mutants were no less friendly than she. After Ante spoke, she giggled a bit. His innocence and happiness reminded her of an excited puppy.

"Yes, I do have a name!" she declared. "My name is Anja and it's nice to meet you." Her voice was still soft though instead of her normally almost depressed tone, it was brighter. She was very happy at the fact that people were at least somewhat worried for her condition and that they were more friendly than she had imagined. Despite the situation, it was the best day she'd had in literally years, not to mention the most human interaction she'd had.

"It's nice to meet you too Anja!" He looked around absently for a moment, wondering what she was looking at, then smiled. "I like this better, everybody else has names too! It's pretty cool right?" He laughed, standing straight and stretching his arms above his head with a yawn. "Feels like it's almost time to go away again." He scratched his head looking up at the sky again. It was very interesting to see, the sky. He'd never seen something so big, it was kind of hard to grasp. He walked back over to Rina and laid down by her, stretching some more. "Yep... I'll be going soon I think."

Julianne gave Anja a small smile back. "Hi Anje, I'm Julianne. A-Are you one of us, er, like us, I mean?" She asked hesitantly. She didn't recognize this girl very much, which meant that she either had not been at the labs very long or she was a normal human who just stumbled upon them. The latter seemed much more doubtful to her since they were still relatively close to the facility so someone couldn't just walk around near here, right? Because of Ante's comments she then noticed just how dark it was getting, dark and colder. Julianne brought her arms around herself so she could stay warm. The temperature was actually not all that cold at the moment, any other person would find it to be perfectly fine but Julie needed to remain at a hotter temperature than most people so it was fairly cool out for her.

Anja looked back down at the ground as she answered Julianne.

"Yes, I am like the rest of you... I mean, not exactly alike, obviously, but I just thought I would clarify..." she said, the happiness drained from her voice. Speaking of her abilities was almost as painful as utilizing them. Memories of endless torture entered her easily swayed mind, causing her eyes to quiver and begin to moisten. She blinked to keep from crying, as she did rather easily. Anja was a sensitive girl which made the tests even worse for the gentle girl.