The End is Near: A Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@Ex Machina

Thank you very much for following along in my template hun. I really appreciate it. Running a zombie apocalypse role play is always difficult when it comes to people's characters. All the metagaming and over preparing etc.

I know what you mean. I have some questions, if you don't mind?

In the background you stated that we are five-years into the apocalypse and that our group has been together for some time - did you mean the group's been together five years?

And regarding equipment, what is your take on gasoline and vehicles? I live in FL and my closest intersection, on the blvd, there are 3 gas stations at each corner, and a couple of miles down another gas station. Heck in my area alone I can count over 12 gas stations that I can access. In my opinion, finding a gasoline reserved is not that hard - but five years into the apocalypse these may be completely dry. Still, I want to know your own view on gasoline and vehicles.

Which brings me to my next question; is the group on the road, traveling around like nomads, or have they found a small town somewhere and settled? And where in America, geographically, are we. Is it cold climate or hot, etc...

I know what you mean. I have some questions, if you don't mind?

In the background you stated that we are five-years into the apocalypse and that our group has been together for some time - did you mean the group's been together five years?

And regarding equipment, what is your take on gasoline and vehicles? I live in FL and my closest intersection, on the blvd, there are 3 gas stations at each corner, and a couple of miles down another gas station. Heck in my area alone I can count over 12 gas stations that I can access. In my opinion, finding a gasoline reserved is not that hard - but five years into the apocalypse these may be completely dry. Still, I want to know your own view on gasoline and vehicles.

Which brings me to my next question; is the group on the road, traveling around like nomads, or have they found a small town somewhere and settled? And where in America, geographically, are we. Is it cold climate or hot, etc...
I love questions actually. It makes things a lot easier for me and the players to be all on the same page.

1) If it sounded like that I apologize. It began approximately six years ago with small, isolated incidents, but over the course of the passed two it's spread world wide and our group slowly came together in the last year. So we may not know each other very well yet, but are acquainted enough to function.

2) As for fuel and vehicles, I'm going to make a list of the few that the group is currently using, though if you have a request for your own to have made it this far then I will listen to what you have to say about it. For fuel, I believe I intend for us to be able to find it easier in less populated areas, since the amount of people trying to drive away on the highways from big cities would leave a few things dry. Gas stations may still hold some if you can get to it and you can siphon it out of some vehicles. It is neither an impossible resource to find, nor an abundant one. Does that answer your question?

3) Currently, the group is traveling like nomads, after each of them had been chanced of convinced out of their small safety or simply stumbling across the others. Geographically, I was thinking southern Montana currently, having left Wyoming less than two weeks previously.

I love questions actually. It makes things a lot easier for me and the players to be all on the same page.

1) If it sounded like that I apologize. It began approximately six years ago with small, isolated incidents, but over the course of the passed two it's spread world wide and our group slowly came together in the last year. So we may not know each other very well yet, but are acquainted enough to function.

2) As for fuel and vehicles, I'm going to make a list of the few that the group is currently using, though if you have a request for your own to have made it this far then I will listen to what you have to say about it. For fuel, I believe I intend for us to be able to find it easier in less populated areas, since the amount of people trying to drive away on the highways from big cities would leave a few things dry. Gas stations may still hold some if you can get to it and you can siphon it out of some vehicles. It is neither an impossible resource to find, nor an abundant one. Does that answer your question?

3) Currently, the group is traveling like nomads, after each of them had been chanced of convinced out of their small safety or simply stumbling across the others. Geographically, I was thinking southern Montana currently, having left Wyoming less than two weeks previously.

You've cleared a few things, yes. Thank you.

Regarding my character; you wanted someone with military background, so I'm only going to say that he served a tour in the Syrian Civil War, and was medically discharged. He obviously has military training, but his career or "army job" that he specialized in is Combat Engineer. I just want to make sure that when I write up his skills you are aware that they are related to his career path in the army, and not because I want him to be extra ordinary.

You've cleared a few things, yes. Thank you.

Regarding my character; you wanted someone with military background, so I'm only going to say that he served a tour in the Syrian Civil War, and was medically discharged. He obviously has military training, but his career or "army job" that he specialized in is Combat Engineer. I just want to make sure that when I write up his skills you are aware that they are related to his career path in the army, and not because I want him to be extra ordinary.
Yep. That's just fine. Let me know if you have anymore questions okay? Oh and when you get to the bio, I want to talk to you about how he started forming the group and Anastasia - I hope to have her as either the first or second to join him.

Yep. That's just fine. Let me know if you have anymore questions okay? Oh and when you get to the bio, I want to talk to you about how he started forming the group and Anastasia - I hope to have her as either the first or second to join him.
I just got home. I guess I'll finish the CS tomorrow, but let me know what it is that you need me to know about the group? I'm working on the bio.

Got room for another guy and his pet?

Also, since the 'main characters' are taken, does that mean everyone else has to die ala 'Walking Dead' style? As in the rest of us are lambs to the slaughter

Got room for another guy and his pet?

Also, since the 'main characters' are taken, does that mean everyone else has to die ala 'Walking Dead' style? As in the rest of us are lambs to the slaughter
Not at all. And actually I'm looking for a sharpshooter since my last one dropped out due to saltiness. To be totally frank with you kiddo, I have the fullest of intentions to just kill everyone in the end; Dawn of the Dead style. It's really just a role of the die and how smart your being about encounters as to whether or not you die.

By pet do you mean a dog? Because that would be pretty damn awesome. Anastasia loves animals.

Oh and please, no military characters.

Yeah he's got a dog, and I see what you mean. Might be fun to try out (just hope things work out so MC doesn't become zombie chow before the end. He'd do a heroic death rather than become doomed to a horrific existence :3)

And sharpshooter sounds fun, you mean with rifles and stuff or just somebody who's good with guns?

Ignore the sharpshooter comment, I re-read the intro :3

That fits MC perfectly! This should be fun

Yeah he's got a dog, and I see what you mean. Might be fun to try out (just hope things work out so MC doesn't become zombie chow before the end. He'd do a heroic death rather than become doomed to a horrific existence :3)

And sharpshooter sounds fun, you mean with rifles and stuff or just somebody who's good with guns?
Ignore the sharpshooter comment, I re-read the intro :3

That fits MC perfectly! This should be fun
Lol of course hun. The link to the group is a page or two back, so you can head over and made your character. I look forward to seeing him too :)