The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I'm working on a post. Slowly. Rereading things so I don't miss anything. I don't know if there is anything important that involves my character in the past few posts @.@

I think we can assume he met Maricus, just have him be present in the summons and take part in the planning

Librarian, I need to make a request of you. Your writing jumps between first and third person a lot and it makes it difficult to follow or stay immersed; would you mind clearing that up in the future? I understand this is all for fun and I don't expect anyone to be perfect (I mangle semicolons like a car crash) but I think it would make it easier to get involved in Ja's character if I had a clearer sense of what's happening with him.

@Sundered Echo Alright! Finally read over Reigenleif, looks great other than the few things I've pointed out about recent events over IM that you're working on. Reigenleif is accepted and added to the roster!

@Cairomaru I'd review your sheet but I can't find the updated one. Last one was the one you posted on May 27th.

I'm an idiot who can't read apparently. Looking forward to it! I thought you said it was edited and waiting for approval lol. Sorry, I went full retarded.

Soul, 1-10 how well did I channel my inner Reachman?

Too few character development examples, results inconclusive. So far, so good, though. He tries his hardest to assimilate into whatever group he gets into on account of his heritage. I like it. I look forward to seeing him further develop as a person.

I'm reading your post, i spoke too soon a little. I'm sure Markain and Sevari will put the RP in a hatred event horizon. He's a little close to Inquisitor Glokta from the First Law and that is not in any way a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too few character development examples, results inconclusive. So far, so good, though. He tries his hardest to assimilate into whatever group he gets into on account of his heritage. I like it. I look forward to seeing him further develop as a person.

I'm reading your post, i spoke too soon a little. I'm sure Markain and Sevari will put the RP in a hatred event horizon. He's a little close to Inquisitor Glokta from the First Law and that is not in any way a bad thing.
Google told me all I needed to know without needing to lay down a tarp; I think I like this Glokta fellow.

Name: Qara'Sion IV

Race: Khajiit, Cathay

Family Origins: Born in Elswyr to a large khajiit family, Qara'Sion is the second youngest child of his seven siblings, bearing the name of the mer who started generations of his bloodline's caravan.
Appearance: Orange fur with white stripes and markings. Black dreadlocks which reaches down to his lower back. His mane surrounds his jaw line like a lion's. Wears four earrings in his left ear and one on his right. Suffers from heterochromia, having a one gold eye and one green eye; a dominate genetic he shares with his siblings and mother. Stands at 5'7 and is a bit skinny, even for a Khajiit.

Equipment: Fine coat, Fine boots, and an iron dagger for self defense.

Miscellanea: A large coin purse.

Favored Skills:
Highly Proficient skill:
Illusion.

Moderately Proficient skill:
Speech
Conjuration
Restoration

Somewhat proficient skill:
Alteration
Enchanting
Sneak

Character Background: Born in Elswyr as the second youngest of seven siblings; four girls, two boys, and one not yet brought into the world. His family were successful traveling merchants and thieves, mercenary assassins too if there were more for them to gain. His older brother; the eldest child was someone to show his more than enough capability in all aspects, quite similar to his mother specifically. His sisters were very competent in thievery and treasure hunting, usually finding or stealing items from the many places they would travel which the family would sell successfully given it was worth a "decent" amount.

They were taught many things. First, your appearance was important. Most Khajiits are frowned upon obviously, but the way you appear and present yourself may be beneficial in a good or bad way. Including removing the normal accent one would have in their voice. Qara'Sion's brother as an example, being much larger than most khajiit could draw attention from those who may want someone harmed or guarded. Throw in the stereotype, when beneficial and they would assume given the right person, that he would be crafty as well. It would work as a double edged sword, drawing attention from someone you may want but also draw in who you wouldn't want being noticeable.

Second, learn weapons people aren't used to going against in certain situations. Qara'Sion's middle sister had that down; learning to use throwing knives. Not that knowing how to use throwing knives was special, but using them as a distraction for other methods to force someone to do what you want them to do. They could be butter knives, but as long as it's intentional and works, then it works. The thrown butter knife could bait them to do as what was stated, what you want them to do. So long as they don't know what it actually is.

The list could go on: Be skillful in fighting but not matter what you wear or how much you can endure pain don't let yourself be touched, even if its just a hair from your head. If someone looks down on you, manipulate that to your advantage. Don't take chances, take guarantees. And if someone was worth nothing, leave them. Family or not as they would drag you and others down.

Unfortunately Qara'Sion didn't share many of his family's dominative traits in terms of said capability. Or even traits Khajiits who would be thought to be good at. He wasn't able to be effective in combative situations, nor was he very good stealing. At least, without being caught. For him, it was difficult. He tried to achieve the same things his siblings could achieve, but failed. It wasn't easy to live under the shadows of six siblings as well as his parents whom all showed promise at his own age. Over countless failures, despite trying his best, it just wasn't good enough. His mother was a very strict woman… perhaps too strict like a tyrant. Over time training in the skills she, her mate, and their offspring could teach him slowly turned into an immediate mess up.

It wasn't until one of his sisters gave him a spellbook out of the blue, an illusion spell of frenzy. He easily learned it, forcing a rabbit during a hunting session to come at him instead of running. Although it took some effort to get the rabbit to hold still, that little bit showed for something. Even made it easier for him to hunt in the long run. The blade and bow weren't methods he could use well, but magic could be. And so he practiced on his own, just to try his best.

And his best wasn't good enough. The last day he spent with his family traveling skyrim , he botched up a thieving attempt on an unsuspecting caravan. The young khajiit was to trick them, using his innocence to lower their guard being a child after all. He was the one who screwed up, he couldn't trick the caravan, his spells misfired when the fight broke out. Again the list could go on. His mother made the decision to outcast him from his family, even at the age of thirteen because he was nothing more than a burden. She stated that by midnight of that same day, he was to leave off on his own and not to come back until he could actually become useful from her own words. His father voiced his calm agreement, even though Qara'Sion's siblings disagreed. This made no difference as their parents were the head of the family so there wasn't anything they could do or wanted to do, as he believed his siblings as well as parents all followed the tradition to weed out the worthless.

On that night right before Qara'Sion was to set out, his siblings gave him a set of books, illusion and conjuration books. His siblings knew he wasn't good at combat, but he needed a real way to avoid it as he wouldn't be able to survive to become better and return to them. He knew basic skills of survival and hunting, all he would need is a dependable way of self-defense. At least some believed in his capability.

It was difficult for him to survive attacks from all kinds of beings traveling alone, but he gained the first bit of confidence to acknowledge his own talents when two bandits tried to mug him the very same night he was outcasted. His frailness lowered their guard, leading to one of the two to allow a first hit from the khajiit as a form of taunting.Casting his fury spell on both of the bandits, he turned them against each other and luckily not him. He was in shock, complete and total shock that he actually managed to kill on his own and do something right.

However over the next few years, he quickly found himself not feeling as happy or confident the day he was attacked for the first time for sure. In Skyrim, it seemed like everything and it's mother wanted him to be killed and turned into a rug, or to go out of his way and do favors for whoever when he didn't really want to. But he had to in order to live. Most of the favors were more along the lines of what people expect Khajiits to be able to do, which he couldn't exactly. He screwed up a few times being stealthy and the like but somehow managed to get the job done and live another day.

Qara'Sion also found himself getting dragged into all kinds of situations that had almost nothing to do with him. Best example of this was when he was attempting to travel to whiterun quite a long distance. On his way, he witnessed a group of bandits and orcs fighting each other nearby a mine with the orcs being outnumbered. He thought he could just walk away unnoticed when one of the bandit's rangers spotted him and attempted to attack. He didn't nor would ever find out why he was attacked, probably assumed he was going to sneak attack and said bandit was a bit twitchy. One thing lead to another and he ended up helping the orcs kill their enemies, using his magic to heal them and force the bandits to harm each other. This ended up benefiting the Khajiit, turning out that the bandits were trying to steal the mines from them. He was then made Blood-Kin for helping out although at first a blade or two were pointed at him, even if it was unintentional. This also allowed him to make trades between the orc strongholds to other places, which lead to more money, and even a temporary home to stay if need be.

He did acknowledge after a few years of traveling, that after a while, he wasn't becoming as adapt enough as he wanted to be. Qara'Sion eventually did meet his brother by chance on a travel to trade from town to town as well as his eldest sister and fourth oldest sister. Although his brother didn't disclose information to him about his current line of work which was strange, as far as Qara'Sion knew, he was well but didn't hear from their three other siblings, or their parents who raised them. Something happened when he was outcasted and the tradition ended. Even though he tried so hard to keep it alive.

But he did find something he was capable at, and wanted to become better to be… acceptable. Probably out of force of habit. Qara'Sion traveled to the College of Winterhold to strengthen that capability and possibly use that strength to learn his own history, or what he was left out of.
A night after staying for two years at the college, he couldn't fall asleep, maybe he was ill which made him delirious or he's finally lost it… either or, sleep would not welcome him. The khajiit tossed and turned and slammed the pillow on his head just to try anything to fall asleep. But he couldn't. He had dreams of his family for sure, but as of recent, he consistently had a nightmare he couldn't remember. It was the same one, he knew for sure, but just couldn't bloody remember what it was exactly. Maybe it was too much talk about what was going on around the college? He didn't know. But he did know he couldn't stay asleep. The khajiit recently had thoughts that maybe he should leave winterhold before things got out of hand. Alas, all he could do was groan under his pillow.

And because he couldn't sleep, he heard footsteps outside his door, as well as a tad bit of shouting. Rolling out of his bed, he opened the door to his room slightly to see Markain leave on his own, one of the older mages who he looked to for help when it came to alteration magic. Strolling out at this time was strange… but then again, his reoccurring dream was strange as well. Maybe curiosity got the best of him, or he really was that delirious and just threw caution to the wind, but Qara'Sion decided to follow Markain.

Thus he learned of the expedition. Clearing his own name would be good for him, as well as a chance to get away from the current scene at his residence….

"Besides, the rumors spreading couldn't be true right? I could use a bit of traveling time…."

Fighting Style: Qara'Sion always tries to avoid combat when possible. He can react quickly to most situations but would prefer to run than fight. If forced to, the khajiit will try to be crafty and use more unconventional methods to throw off his opponent for him to live another day. He prefers to be supportive in a group bout; hindering his enemies and strengthening his allies but his main form of actual fighting is conjuring summons to be a shield or distraction for him.

Personality: Qara'Sion is trustworthy (Or well tries to gain others trust, but is a tad difficult to gain his own). Has very good mannerisms. He is however, sarcastic and easy to freak out, whether it is a dangerous situation or a weird one. He can also be a little bit hot-headed but it's just one of his quirks he shares with one of his sisters. Can be a bit mischievous and sometimes unmotivated unless he has to accomplish his goal.

Font Colour: Uh... i'll decide on one later >_>

Heh... "suffers." Why not affected or something? Everyone thinks people with heterochromia are wicked cool and no one gouges their eyes out because they have it or lie awake at night wishing it would go away and they could just be normal.

I also remember Dervs saying something about what mother would abandon her child? Social Darwinism doesn't seem to me a good enough thing to outcast your child over. Why not just foster his other talents of talking and being unassuming, as well as teach him the art of fencing the objects stolen by the others? If thieving is a family business, there's more than one way to part a fool and his money. Take con-men for example, ample use of talking and deception without breaking and entering. They'd find a way for him to succeed, any family would, especially a Khajiiti family. Khajiit place a very large load of importance on the family unit, so outcasting Qara'Sion would be seen as ludicrous by any family, Khajiiti or not. Instead of saying "you're shit at our cookie-cutter view of thieving, go away" I'm pretty sure a good talker who was good at being a fence could make a good con-man, selling overpriced items from their caravan.

Food for thought.

Haven't had a chance to read over the revision, but I just had a realization; what breeds are his family? Given how many breeds of khajiit there are and how it's determined by moon positioning and not genetic, it seems very improbable all six members of the family would be cathay or suthay.

Haven't had a chance to read over the revision, but I just had a realization; what breeds are his family? Given how many breeds of khajiit there are and how it's determined by moon positioning and not genetic, it seems very improbable all six members of the family would be cathay or suthay.
Well actually, Sion should probably be Dagi or Suthay-Rhat due to his build... but in order it should be...

Eldest child: Cathay-Rhat
Second Eldest child: Cathay (I believe)
Third Eldest child: Ohmes
Fourth Eldest/Youngest child: Suthay-Rhat
Fifith child: Cathay
Qara'Sion: Dagi or Suthay-Rhat
Youngest child: Unknown (From Sion's knowledge anyway)

and i keep forgetting to take out the suffers from thing in the cs. I'm used to being taught that it's something people "suffer" from in a different sense so i keep using the word

Wheee! Short and sweet post up. Go team lazy assholes!

@Cairomaru I suppose that's alright, even if it's still really improbable.

Someone post so Markain can ask what exactly you guys ARE supposed to be doing up this far North :p

"Ah, such a relief! I had no idea my fur was keeping me nice and crispy in this damn tundra." Zaveed chimed in, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Our coats are designed to shed heat, not insulate. Have you forgotten khajiit come from a land of desert and jungle? Not exactly a climate you want to have trapped against your body."

Well to be fair any fur at all is better than no fur :/

Isn't Paints cold-blooded? Following that logic, how did he not die in his sleep?
Argonians are technically mammals, considering that their females carry mammary glands. So, yeah, warm-blooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.