The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wittiford R. Eference...
Witty Reference.

I just figured that out...

Werewolf as fuck revelation dude

Also, Wittiford R. Efference can be broken down to Witty Reference, which in itself is a witty reference to none other than his past username, WITTYREFERENCE

WITCEPTION BWAAAAAAAAM

Fuck its late...

Reactions: Nyxella
Werewolf as fuck! I forgot about that, that's great!!

I've been staring at this CS for the past two hours and all I have is Breton Spellsword gets drunk in Winterhold Tavern. It's so hard not to be Cub.

Werewolf as fuck revelation dude

Also, Wittiford R. Efference can be broken down to Witty Reference, which in itself is a witty reference to none other than his past username, WITTYREFERENCE

WITCEPTION BWAAAAAAAAM

Fuck its late...
Yo dawg, I heard you like witty references wit yo witty references.

I really need to stream again.

I've been staring at this CS for the past two hours and all I have is Breton Spellsword gets drunk in Winterhold Tavern. It's so hard not to be Cub.

Cub has a special place in all our hearts. If you're feeling stuck, I might suggest taking a breather. I know how endless writing can drain a person.

I think it's only fair to mention, Soul, that your "Attack Helicopter" identification has been shared with my circle of friends IRL and now we reference it almost daily - especially when playing Battlefield. XD

Reactions: Nyxella and Dervish
I think it's only fair to mention, Soul, that your "Attack Helicopter" identification has been shared with my circle of friends IRL and now we reference it almost daily - especially when playing Battlefield. XD
My influence spreads...

On my phone so I have to make this quick, is there any reason my Alteration mage can't use his staff as a beat stick?

Wittiford R. Eference...
Witty Reference.

I just figured that out...
If it makes you feel better, I didn't realize it until Dervish was kind enough to point it out to me. In my defense, I haven't seen Witty in foooooooooorever.

I've been staring at this CS for the past two hours and all I have is Breton Spellsword gets drunk in Winterhold Tavern.

Not to use your dismay as a discussion prompt, but I'm actually pretty curious: how does everyone here go about the first steps of making a character? What inspires you? How much of their backstory do you work out in advance? I'm just wondering how it varies from person to person.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't realize it until Dervish was kind enough to point it out to me. In my defense, I haven't seen Witty in foooooooooorever.

Not to use your dismay as a discussion prompt, but I'm actually pretty curious: how does everyone here go about the first steps of making a character? What inspires you? How much of their backstory do you work out in advance? I'm just wondering how it varies from person to person.
GLAD YOU ASKED, NOBLE CITIZEN.

This is how Dervs rolls;

Basically, I get a lose concept in my head of a character in my head that I find appealing. For Zaveed, it basically started off as "I want to play a roguish khajiit pirate" because I thought it had a lot of promise and would be fun for me to develop. Then I started working on what kind of skills he generally had, how he'd fight, and as I work on that the finer details start to come in and I'll usually think of appearance and personality traits and start writing those down as I go, and one of the first things I do with a character is I right down bullet points for their back story and personality and all that stuff and start to refine it. If it doesn't fit or I can't think of how to develop it meaningfully, I scrap it. Making a character for me honestly goes really fast. Think of the bullet points like the frame of a house and the rest of it like throwing up the walls and doing the finishing. It's not bad, honest!

Hell, I think I even have the very first draft for when I was working on Tanya kicking around somewhere... Ah, here we go.

Literally the first things I wrote down when brainstorming Tanya:
Tanya Carson
Former Alliance Combat Engineer, now works for exploration and prospecting company
Ace at repairing machines, uses old fashioned tools more often than omni tool
Has a defense drone she calls 'Shithead', uses it for repairs.
Always has a bottle and glass of whiskey while repairing things
Her best friend is Bob the Bartarian
http://www.yourhairstyles.net/hairstyles/mohawk-hairstyles-for-women-2012-.jpg
Has an old Lee-Enfield rifle that was her great-great-great grandfather's, been passed down from generation to generation.
Likes to paint, although it's often something inappropriate (Like a piece she tried to sell at an auction called 'Astroid over Terra Nova')
Name: Tanya Carson
Race: Human
Class: Engineer (serves as vehicle mechanic and sometimes gunsmith aboard the ship)

You can see how those basic ideals were refined and evolved into the character you know and love today!

That's pretty much how I start every character, even if I don't write down the bullet points, I have them in my head and get it down as soon as possible.

I tend to go about creating a character one of two ways

1. I visit the local seer and she casts around her bag of finger-bones and then reads me what they tell her.

Or

2. I go flipping through my massive collection of folders filled to the brim with character portraits, as I find ones that I like, I open them and keep them opened while I flip through the rest. The limit that can be opened is up to 5. Once I narrow it down, thin the herd, switch out selected portraits, I go through a list of concepts that I'd like to play and develop. Once I narrow down my interest into what I want to play and also what would fit the game, I start mapping out the character. Name usually comes first, then bio, then personality. If the sheet calls for it, and I like how RotF's sheet does, I get to thinking about what the character is good at based upon their bio and add that to the skills. The skills and the bio go into how the character fights, which is another reason I like RotF's sheet for including that section.

Thanks to this universe's Sevari, I get to knock out the character concept of drug addict and former run-of-the-mill bandit. I'm happy I get to play Sevari how I was going to play him. I'm happy with how Brooding Khajiiti Batman turned out but it's not exactly how he was initially planned.

I guess spoilers don't matter now, Cub started out as the question "What would it be like if Orcs followed Molag Bal instead of Malacath?" (Yeah, that Molag Bal.)

I guess spoilers don't matter now, Cub started out as the question "What would it be like if Orcs followed Molag Bal instead of Malacath?" (Yeah, that Molag Bal.)
While I'm at it, The reason cub was afraid of Shavie the mule is because he thought he was possessed by Mosty Tosty's character Shavi because Bal had Cub leave him to die by dragon after Shavi became a werewolf because Hirci e (and later Burkswallow's patron Nocturnal) could have interrupted his plan to have Cub save Urzoth thus gaining the Dwemer armour that would keep him out of Hammerfell without Bal's help, help he would only provide if Cub submitted wholly and destroyed Zhaveed an act which would destroy the Cub persona and unleash the Harbinger Balrath-gro-Bal the vessel promised to Molag Bal by Cub's father twenty years ago in exchange for victory in battle and dominion of his tribe; the Harbinger who would bring Coldharbour to Nirn and basically set the stage for ES:O

Reactions: Dervish
While I'm at it, The reason cub was afraid of Shavie the mule is because he thought he was possessed by Mosty Tosty's character Shavi because Bal had Cub leave him to die by dragon after Shavi became a werewolf because Hirci e (and later Burkswallow's patron Nocturnal) could have interrupted his plan to have Cub save Urzoth thus gaining the Dwemer armour that would keep him out of Hammerfell without Bal's help, help he would only provide if Cub submitted wholly and destroyed Zhaveed an act which would destroy the Cub persona and unleash the Harbinger Balrath-gro-Bal the vessel promised to Molag Bal by Cub's father twenty years ago in exchange for victory in battle and dominion of his tribe; the Harbinger who would bring Coldharbour to Nirn and basically set the stage for ES:O
Apparently I missed a lot when I was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.