The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a lot of college stuff to deal with so things have been slow, but I've been chipping away at a post.

I think it's time we got to resurging this OOC.

What do you all still want to see from our characters? Some have interacted that hadn't before, but there's still a few holdouts I'd say. I know, for Juin, I'd like to see him surprised by likes of Gelina. She's such a surprise really, knowing what we do OOC.

Oh! And for extra help getting this going again, I found a superior picture of Zaveed.

12144732_10207616249982360_3823974926476768140_n.jpg

Or maybe that's my new cat, Phoebe.

• Love
Reactions: Dervish

What do you all still want to see from our characters? Some have interacted that hadn't before, but there's still a few holdouts I'd say. I know, for Juin, I'd like to see him surprised by likes of Gelina. She's such a surprise really, knowing what we do OOC.

Oh! And for extra help getting this going again, I found a superior picture of Zaveed.

I've been waiting to get to a scene with Juin and Gelina! I'm sorry for the inactivity, again. College applications and visits have got me super distracted. I'll try to get in a reply to the collab and some stuff worked out for Markain and Gelina but that might take a few more days, I'm burnt out in every way.

That cat is so fluffy and adorable, I've always wanted long-haired cats but have never had any. :p How is she?

Reactions: Poeta Perdido
If I wasn't deathly allergic to that thing, I would steal your cat.

Also, I have a Zaveed and Gelinda collab on the go and Sevari and Zaveed need to meet up for plotting shiz.

Reactions: Poeta Perdido
I've been waiting to get to a scene with Juin and Gelina! I'm sorry for the inactivity, again. College applications and visits have got me super distracted. I'll try to get in a reply to the collab and some stuff worked out for Markain and Gelina but that might take a few more days, I'm burnt out in every way.

That cat is so fluffy and adorable, I've always wanted long-haired cats but have never had any. :p How is she?

We should make that happen! Sevari and Juin are getting a midnight chat in, but perhaps soon after some sleep?

I've only had short hairs since my childhood cat died a decade ago. Phoebe joined the family yesterday but isn't shedding much and is pooping in the right places... So, good!

Also, I have a Zaveed and Gelinda collab on the go and Sevari and Zaveed need to meet up for plotting shiz.

Then we shall be safe another day. I'll tone down Phoebe's self defense training.

Cute cat! I still want to get a collab between Paints and Sevari. I think so far those are the only two who haven't had a personal talk yet. I do like how Sevari, Juin and Paints seem to be growing a little closer and finding comfort in each others' company.

I do not envy you. Student loans, applying for grants, trying to get financial aid, worrying about my GPA. I empathize with your being drained, I do.

Sevari and Zaveed need to get together. After this collab with Juin then. They can meet up early in the morning in either ones' rooms.

And I'll get a reply for the both of ya's when these advils and cold-eze take effect. Fuck the common cold.

I feel like I missed a good chunk of your response before. You know, before I get into the cannabizz I worked in higher education. Mostly support staff, like admissions and resident life. If you ever have any questions feel free to hit me up as a resource.

I'm tempted to suggest Juin and Gelina meet in the night, but after seeing Zaveed and then Sevari... just seemed a bit forced. I suppose we might have a bit of travel to cover in whatever our next move-along post is. I'm completely down to create a little interaction between our accursed characters!

@Mosis Tosis, @Wittiford R. Eference, what's happenin'? Quiet here, as of late. Still sick, Mosey? How's it, Witty?
Sorry, not sick, just working stupid hours. I've told Dervish this, but I work in agriculture and it's currently harvest season, so I'm pretty swamped. Not to mention a few other surprise responsibilities...I'll try to bang out a little bit here and there to at least keep Paints at pace with the others, even if his interactions are at a minimum. Work hours should clear up quite a bit after next week (maybe? Still a bit too early to tell) so...yeah. I guess just expect mostly radio silence from me until then.

Working on a little something to get myself back into the groove. I promise by next week I'll be all recharged and ready for action!

Okay! So, here it is. Just a little tidbit for now. I was trying for a more opaque style, as a lot of my RP writing is the exact opposite and I thought it'd be fun. It's also super fun to imagine alternate timelines that are sadder than the original ones.

It was a very early hour of the morning, too soon in the day for something to ruin it. Especially not the sight of three Legionnaires dragging a mud-caked urchin through camp, their prisoner kicking and throwing her weight around with a vengeance. "Commander!" The one wrestling with her ankles called. Blood dripped into his eye from a small cut on his forehead. "We found this savage digging around the rations. She attacked me when I stopped her, and refuses to say a word."

The woman--she seemed to be a woman anyway, with the rags, mud and starvation making things difficult--let out a scream like death, startling the soldiers who watched. Marcius regarded her with a look of disdain. "Did she try to steal any weapons? Anything other than food and drink?"

"No, sir. She didn't get the chance."

Marcius rested a hand on the pommel of his blade, approaching her cautiously. "Do you understand us?" He peered a little closer, then switched to Bretonnic. "<It is best for you if you speak.>"

The woman stopped wailing, sagging in the mens' grips. She lifted her head to meet Marcius' eyes. Her voice crackled with every word. "…I…don't speak Bretonnic." She didn't flinch when one of the Legionnaires tugged sharply on her shoulder.

"What? One second you're screaming like a madwoman, the next you can talk? We don't take kindly to thieves, you--"

"--Be quiet," she murmured, silencing the soldier with her audacity. Her eyes twitched over to a distant point, unfocused yet searching. "I'm hungry. I wanted to eat." She wasn't making much of an effort to appear sympathetic and nonthreatening. But then again, she was wearing scraps and was light enough to float away.

Seemed light enough, at least, because a half-second after speaking, she wrenched her wrists from the Legionnaires' slackened grips and kicked Marcius square in the stomach, sending him off-balance long enough for her to dance out of the throng and sprint for the edges of camp.

The volunteers were as drawn to the noisy spectacle as the others, and watched the stick-thin urchin slip away from three of the Legion's finest like they were the Daggerfall night watch at an hour to dawn. Paints, nearest to her path, rushed to block her; she dove straight between his knees and scrambled on, nearly stomping on his tail in the process.

Markain's hands lit up with green fire, and he launched a valiant few spells the woman's way. Many struck close enough to make her flinch and stumble--her undoing. Juin stepped into her path suddenly, a dark figure that soon found himself crashing backwards into the snow. He grunted and made to wrestle her into pacification, but recoiled sharply and instead held her away by handfuls of her hair. She was growling. At him, right into his face, curled lips dripping with fat rivulets of drool.

The image only lasted a moment. She was ripped away by her clothing, then her arms, by very Khajiit hands. Sevari and Zaveed, sharing experience in wrangling violent, screaming women, held her back long enough to let Juin stand and offer assistance. Paints, Markain and Marcius joined them shortly, followed by a gaggle of soldiers.

The woman, upon realizing her predicament, broke away from angry shouting and tried feigning death. Rather, she went very, very stiff, groaning lowly, tried once more to escape, and then went totally limp. "Let me go," She murmured. "Please let me go. I'll do whatever you want. Anything, anything, anything…" She twitched sharply, and Zaveed and Sevari glanced at one another as they felt her shoulders and chest tighten immensely. More drool poured from her shivering lips. "Hhhhgh, lemme go. Please."

Alright guys, we went from pretty much having a post a day to being terminally dead on arrival. Let's try to get something going, I really don't want to start enforcing the posting expectations with people. I understand you're all busy, and let's be frank, I am too, but I don't want this turning into a repeat of Vengeance of the Deep because we can't be bothered to continue on.

Remember, two paragraph posts minimum. Collab replies don't have to be more than a few sentences since you're both working on something. Just take half an hour out of your day to work on something if it's in the works. Some progress, even if it's dick all, is better than no progress.

Soul and I will be working on something soon enough to move things along. If there's no activity from some people, we might be forced to start putting in deadlines. I love you guys, but c'mon. History's repeating itself.

Need a rolecall. Our last post before the move along is up, and we need people to check in. If we don't hear anything by the end of the week, we will assume you are no longer interested in participating and that will be that.

I'm still here! Sorry, the alert system is still messed up for me and I've just been assuming that everyone is in hibernation. I'll get my shit together, reply and work out some stuff.

Witty! Is Markain willing to sleep with Gelina? I ask this because that's what seemed to be the plan in the previous collab, lookin' at you Pellegrino. :p

Last edited:
My home internet is down due to not being able to make bill payments, but I have a post in the works that will both shed some light on what made Zaveed what he is and some parallels to the current situation. We'll also be moving to morning, and shit's about to get real.

I'm here, as much as it may look like I'm trying to abandon all of you fine people. Good news on all fronts: 1) recently worked out some internet issues I've been having (hopefully) and 2) work hours are finally, finally stabilizing. This weekend marks the first week in a month that I'll actually have days off...so I'm good to go! Have to catch up with some family/friend stuff tomorrow but I've got a good chunk of time on Sunday that's been carved out specifically for some RPing.

I know I've been a shitty contributor and I want to apologize for that, it definitely was never my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.