The Dragon Riders Origins

He saw Adaire come toward them and was relieved to see her up. He was starting to worry for a second wondering maybe he should've went and check on her first. Because surely she knew a spell or two that could heal Kirin and she comfirmed his thoughts when she said. "Thank you for checking on him Draigon, I will heal him." He gave her a slow nod, stood up and back away a foot or two. Korra didn't she stood there looking with curiosity. As he stood there waiting it all clicked how the dandin mysteriously fell dead. "Magic." he said to himself half cursing it half respecting it. "Magic." Korra said back to him but with more amusement.

Kirin grinned painfully and groaned, "Do I look okay?" His mind reached out to Vas. "Help me up bud." The young dragon came hurriedly to assist his parter. With his help, Kirin slowly managed to prop himself against his dragons side. He chuckled, "Its like cousin Torig's birthday all over again.." "I'm sorry I wasn't faster Kirin.. I couldve helped you fight and then you wouldnt be hurt." Vas said sadly. Kirin moved to lay his hand on the dragons head but winced as a shooting pain came from the dagger wound in his shoulder. "Ahh!" he moaned. "It's not your fault Vas. Although I bet I look quite pitiful though don't I?" He said jokingly in an attempt to cheer his friend up.
Kirin looked over at Adaire as she stood up and walked over to Iodin and himself. "I can heal you if you so choose Kirin. I just want to know if you will allow me to heal you please?" she said to him. "I would loved to be healed, but I would be happy if you just got this bloody arrow out of my leg." He held a firm grip on one of Vas's thick leathery wings with his good hand to keep himself steady.

Nekura finally landed, unhurried and unconcerned. He took one look at the carnage and the tired riders and turned away from them with a snort of annoyance. He jumped over the stream with ease and lifted his head to the lowest branch of the nearest tree. Quietly, Falathiel appeared from the foliage and gripped one of his small horns. Nekura carefully lowered her to the ground and they both turned to watch the other riders.

(Sorry, lost interent)

"Get off me Ryag.... " Her voice was low with dead serious tone in it. For a moment she got lost in the purple eyes of the dragon before pushing back against the massive claws he possessed. It was useless. She let out a roar and squirmed underneath the beast, his head turned to the other riders before stopping, trying to make a link with both Tarsus and Adaire. My apologies, sometimes she gets blinded by anger. Apparently it is common with her, please give me some time to try to calm her down. The heavy wings of the dragon lowered until they reached the ground, shielding her away from the other riders and also tempting to hide her from their view. She couldn't see them and the other way around. Her nails clawed in the ground grumbling curses in the dialect of her parent's clan.

Adaire pulled the arrow out of Kirin's leg quickly to try and prevent too much pain. The blood immediately welled up around her fingers and she applied pressure to stem it. She released her magic sparingly, sewing together muscles, sinew, and skin. This would not be a pleasant experience and it would hurt a little. She moved her hands from cut to cut and even was healing major bruises. Her hands were gentle but firm as she helped him. After a time she started to get considerably weaker and began to funnel energy from Tarsus. Slowly she let her conscious touch his. This allowed her to feel where he hurt so that she could get rid of every pain. "There, that should be better." The whole time she was helping Kirin she was also sending a continuous stream of energy to Al-Iodin. Adaire knew it wasn't the best of ideas to be multitasking like this and expending so much energy, but she didn't care. Her only concern was helping the others. She noticed as Falathiel was helped from the tree and was glad to see she was unharmed. These young ones may not respect her as they should, but she would continue to be kind to them and learn to cope with Ellian's anger issues. Adaire knew she was pushing limits with some of the others, but all she could do was try her best and hope they could come to trust her. Adaire stood and turned to Draigon. "Do you want me to heal you as well? You look like you could use it."

Falathiel saw Adaire glance her way and was a tad bit suprised that she was not angry at her. After all, there was no doubt that she knew how to fight, yet she'd been seen climbing down from a hiding place without a scratch on her; meanwhile some of the other riders were lucky to have survived. You act like you want them to challenge you, Nekura observed. Come off it. You know that I do not care for their opinions, Falathiel sniffed, All I care about right now is my half empty quiver.

It was a foolish situation that left Falathiel feeling tired. She wished it were night. The dark sky and the bright moon would sooth her thoughts.

Adaire asked Draigon if he wanted heal. He look at his wounds the pain of them sinking in since his adrenaline was starting to wear off and nodded slowly. "Aye, if you think you can you look a little tired."

Ellian grit her teeth, still trying to get away from the dragon when he made contact with her mind again, his soothing voice drawing all her attention. Listen to me Ellian, calm down please. What Adaire did was saving you and the other riders. I know you're not weak, but not everyone is capable of defending themselves with a weapon. "Then why did she do mine, I totally had them!" No you didn't, Ellian, sure the Dandin were surprised by seeing a girl jump towards them, swinging with a sword. But you would have been killed, they're faster, stronger, and way more skilled than you are at this point. Give it a rest and snap out of it! ​The last bit was accompanied with a low growl and finally Ellian gave in. Looking up at the dragon and turning her head away. Ryag stepped off her leaving behind small puncture holes where his claws had pierced her skin and clothes. She sat up, silently grabbing her sword and hanging it by her side again with a soft click. She looked at Adaire and clenched her fists, walking to a tree and sitting down at the base of it.

Are you certain we should stay here? Falathiel asked, watching Ellian, These people are inexperienced, slow, and not all together thoughtful. We could get killed in the next battle like this. The first rider was barely enough to save their sorry, bloodthirsty hides. Nekura did not reply for a moment. Perhaps they are dangerously incompetent, He said finally, However, it may be more dangerous to leave and have to deal with more of these creatures without the proper knowledge on to defeat them.

"Of course we have the energy to heal you." Adaire said with a smile and Tarsus gave a nod of agreement.

​You mustn't worry about us, I will take very good care of my rider. She will have all of the energy she requires and definitely enough to help you.

Adaire stood and brushed off her knees before approaching Draigon. She helped him remove his dented in armor and tossed it aside. Slowly Adaire pressed her mind against his, showing no intent of harm. With the contact this provided she opened up her senses and allowed herself to feel his pain. Adaire started with the most painful injuries and worked her way down. Gradually she noticed that he had an aching in his ribs and recognized severe bruising. Adaire healed that as well and even dented his armor back out for him.

"It is not as nice as it was and I could not completely get the dent out, but this should help get you started." Adaire commented as she handed him his armor.

"Now if you will excuse me..." She said as she wandered into dangerous territory.

Adaire approached Ellian slowly. She recognized her internal anger and knew it was directed at her. Although the elf was unsure of what she had done to anger her student and to command such disrespect she was still determined to cross this chasm that had quickly formed between them. Adaire knelt down next to Ellian and gestured at the few injuries she had received during the battle and to the marks her dragon had left.

"I know you do not like me, nor do you respect me, but I would like for you to allow me to heal you. I have healed everyone else and I would prefer you in good condition in case they send reinforcements."

"Reinforcements?" Falathiel muttered, "Just what we need. Next time, we might notbe so lucky."

She was to say not pleased with the fact Adaire came so close to her. She opened her mouth to snap back at her but the slight movement Ryag made with his head stopped her for once. However besides that, she didn't feel the need to be healed, her injuries were minimal and thus didn't bother her the slightest. "No I'm fine, don't worry about these scratches. " Ellian kept her eyes on Ryag, looking directly at Adaire would certainly turn out to something nasty. It was pathetic though, she was trying to help them the best she could but Ellian chose to refuse. And if the Dandin indeed send reinforcements after them that would only mean a second chance to her. "Now if you will excuse me..." She repeated in the same tone Adaire had done before. Her ears had been sharp enough to hear it.

Ellian pushed herself off the ground scoffing softly while looking at the body of the Dandin she had managed to kill. Her feet brought her closer to Ryag and she knocked on his hard scales. Now be happy.Get over it Ellian, you'll only make enemies this way. A deep sigh came from her lips and she rubbed the head of her beast "I suppose you're right... " She looked around, taking her time to observe the other riders. Yet again she sat down, this time leaning against the legs of Ryag and taking her sword again to clean it.

"What are we to do now?" Falathiel asked, her hand on Nekura's snout, "Just sit around here chatting until reinforcements do show up?"

Adaire stood and sighed. She had at least made the attempt to come to peace with Ellian. Only to be directly refuted. That was all right she supposed, building trust took time.

"No, we're not going to just wait for those beasts to get back. The Dandin are a group of dark twisted elves whose magic have warped their minds. They are hell bent on destroying dragons because dragons are pure magic. As the Dandin's magic warped their minds they realized the only way to survive was to renounce magic. Elves rely on magic for a lot of things and they didn't know how to function without it so they became bent on eliminating magic so that everything was fair. The Dandin now are a group against the dragon riders and they have been coming for a long time, but usually Tarsus has been with me. I apologize for endangering you all. Now let us return to the safe magical barriers of my study."

Without waiting for a reply Adaire led the way back in the direction of her study, moving quickly and quietly.

At least these........Dandin....have more sense than the monsters we fought before, Falathiel shared quietly, But I think it makes them weaker for it. Indeed, Nekura replied, Their ability to instill fear pales in comparison to the beasts we have hunted. However, they will make up for it in cleverness and stealth.

Ellian's eyes had closed for a while, just to get herself to calm down more. When Adaire had mentioned them to go back to the protected study she moved, standing up with the help of Ryag. The Dandin were after magic, they were taught how to use magic. Well, she still hated it, with more skill and strength they all should be capable of killing them. But there was one of the riders who had been hiding in a tree. Falathiel was her name right? She hid when the Dandin came, it is possible, that when that happens again she will give us trouble while fighting? We can't go all out when not knowing where our... comrades are. Ryag gave a short nod. That could be, but lunging blindly at your enemies is dangerous as well. Maybe she wasn't the one to talk but this had to be made clear to the girl. Her feet brought her in the same direction Adaire went before turning her head towards her. "Flathiel was it, right? Next time stay close to Adaire, it's dangerous not to know where your comrades are in a fight. Adaire and Tarsus are for now the strongest of us and most capable of protecting you, and your dragon. "

It didn't take long to catch up to Adaire, walking a few yard behind her. She was calm now and ready to communicate on a friendly level. While walking she kept her eyes blankly staring forward, her shoulders low and relaxed. Yet her guard was high, registering every sound that was being made. She had to get used of to the sound of their feet, their voices and what not. All those things could be crucial in battle.

Falathiel responded to Ellian's unintentionally rude comment by closing off her mind to the battle-crazed elf. I do not like it when they touch my mind so casually, Falathiel muttered to Nekura. I have yet to speak to any of the other dragons either, He responded, But it was more because of the fact that there was nothing to say and less because I did not wish to speak to them.

Adaire ignored the slight tiff going on behind her and quickly approached her home.

Adaire felt much better when they all had stepped into the magical barriers. She smiled and gestured to a table that had been heavy laden with food. "It seems the nearby townspeople are now aware of your arrival. They have prepared foods from each land and you should find foods native to your lands. The villagers just outside these woods are very kind people and have often supplied me food when I forget to eat." She laughed slightly and lifted a pile of large sturdy leaves from the table. Plates had been fashioned from these leaves and from sticks underneath them. "Well, I guess you should dig in." She said laying down the leaves.

Suddenly Tarsus gave a slight growling noise that sounded like a laugh. Look what they brought us! He commented as he poked a hole in a large barrel of mead. This should make for a fine party!

( Just finished watching AKB0048. Not bad. Season ll literally was just started. I'm so lucky.)

"Alcohol?" Falathiel voiced, a bit uncertainly, "Isn't that a little........inappropriate?"