The Dragon Riders Origins

At last we are here!
Iodin stopped walking. Traka had led him past the trees and they were now very close to an open clearing. Upon seeing the great white dragon flying in the sky, Traka-Shen had put on a burst of speed Iodin didn't know she could give with her scrawny legs. They were now just beyond a bush, looking, but unseen at the First Dragon Rider, along with two others.
We're not the only ones seeking the first rider, Iodin thought to her. Should we go up to them?
Why not?
Iodin didn't have an answer for her, but he looked at the riders, especially the two oldest. They were elves, and he noted their fair skin and compared it to his tan skin. Was that how elves were supposed to look?
You'll keep me safe, right? he asked Traka.
The dragon nodded her head and nuzzled against his side. Now and forever.
They both took a deep breath and stepped out into the clearing, among the other dragons and riders.

( Bah! Why don't we all just run in at once!? 'Tis not confusing at all!!!!!!)

Falathiel swore inwardly a thousand times over. There were too many people. Too many dragons. Too many dangers! We need to get out of here. There are no end to these creatures and chances are that everyone one of these riders are older than me. Be wary, but unafraid. If we give way before groundless fear now, it will become the truth if we see them again. Falathiel sighed. You are right, Nekura. But we should try to discern their weaknesses and strengths now, in case push does come to shove. Yes. Wait, watch. A hunter must know the discover what is prey and what is predator before they can hunt. Falathiel gave a sniff. You don't smell that bad to me. It burns my nostrils, but I have become used to it, The black dragon replied, I will rid myself of it later.

Adaire smiled and looked around her. "Welcome all of you. All baby dragons and new riders. It's my pleasure to greet you, unfortunately my partner of mind Tarsus is um... not here...." She glanced guiltily at Falathiel before returning her gaze to the other dragons. "I am Adaire, elven ambassador to Calsoonsa, and the first to bond and ride a dragon." She bowed and twisted her arm over her heart in the old elven show of respect. "We welcome you to our humble abode and hope each of you had a very safe journey."

'Safe' being a relative term. Falathiel thought, amused. How long is this going to take? Nekura asked her, We're just standing here staring at each other. It wastes what precious time we have. Patience. It shouldn't take too long. Provided her dragon can get over her new found fear of you. 'Baby Dragon'.

Kirin and Vas had been travelling through the elven wood for a little over a week now. They had run out of food and had to rely on catching their own prey. On the bright side, Vas had grown exponentially and was now the size of a horse. He could bear Kirin's weight with ease and his lightninglike breath had grown with him. His scales had rown to the size of small plates and they seemed to shime with energy. Kirin had been forced to cut his hair short to prevent the static in Vas's scales from giving him the appearance of a court jester.

"I think were almost there Kirin. I feel it!" Kirin smiled. "It's about time." Just as they had said so, an earsplitting roar tore through the trees and Kirin noticed a white shape launch into the air up ahead. He climbed deftly onto Vas's back and they took off in the direction of the disturbance. They came to a clearing where other riders and their young dragons had gathered around an elf woman. "Is this it?" thought Kirin. As they walked into the clearing Kirin attempted to wear a facade of coolness but Vas's exitedness betrayed his dimeanor. Even for a dragon, you could see the smile on his scaly features. "Chill out Vas. We need to at least act like riders." Vas apperently hadn't heard him and stood there, trembling with energetic exitement at the notion of becomeing a powerful dragon.

Ryag was looking at the others, feeling the discomfort of Ellian when she saw the greeting of the elf. Heck she knew what it was, never she would to that gesture to someone. Are you scared? She shook her head slightly, of course she wasn't but she didn't like humans nor elves. She didn't belong to either of them. Carefully she put her hand against the shoulder of the dragon. "It took us a bit longer than expected to get here, but if your creature of mind wouldn't have let out his mighty roar we would still be searching. "Ryag talked, she stood there, she didn't want to speak anymore, unlike before. she had introduced both of them already and that seemed to be enough for now. Why didn't father say it would be an elf. Dangit, he knows I don't like it.Be patient, it's not like they suspect you from being a half breed, or want to do something to you because you are one.She lowered her hand again and shook her head slightly, carefully touching the scar that started underneath her right eye and ran down across her chest and under her clothes. Shut it.

After a decisive moment of awkwardness in the clearing, Falathiel slowly bowed as she returned the gesture of respect.

After the white dragon roared and insulted Draigon and Korra, Draigon felt a little embrassed and then a little angry. But before he could muster up the courage to say something which he felt hard to do, epecially to a dragon that can blow frost, the white dragon flew off. So instead he took what courage he had gathered and walked into the clearing with Korra right behind him. He could still her nervousness which only intensified after seeing the dragon get angry. "I-I apologize for the way I arrived." Draigon kneeled on one knee and said. " I am Draigon of house Lockheart and this is...." "Korra" Korra finished for him while dipped her head to bow. He looked over and smiled.

"We travled many miles seeking the First and I believe we finally reached our destination." Before he could say much more a few others with dragons came into the clearing as Draigon rose back to his feet. Then the First gave her introduction.

So she is the First. He said to Korra in his mind.

Aye, and she is everything I knew she would be and more.

Draigon looked over at her funny. What can you see something I do not?

No but I can feel it.
All her nervousness seemed to wash away Draigon felt and was replaced with excitement and anticipation. But Draigon still felt a little uneasy.

We'll need to apologize to Tarsus.

Yes, I know. Which is your fault by the way.
Draigon was about to say something but knew she was right. We We should re-introduce our selves

Yes I suppose you're right. So Draigon spoke out loud looking at everyone. "I am Draigon of house Lockheart." "And I am Korra."

Adaire smiled in the general direction of each of the riders and touched each of their minds with hers. She noticed that some held anger in their hearts and some sadness. "All of you must cleanse your minds. You are no longer who you were before and you may never again return to that life. The people from your prior life will have to become nothing but a memory. I will take you to a place of cleansing where we will test your strengths and your weaknesses and await for the time when your dragons are old enough to ride. First I need to know each of your dragons ages and I need them line up for an inspection. Their scales need to be clean their talons blood and spot free and their muscles strengthened. If they do not meet these requirements I will take you to a special place of physical cleansing and then to your mental cleansings. Line up with your dragon present your name then your dragons name and age. Your age does not concern me, it does not matter to your physical or mental trainings and that is my first concern right now."

Kirin and Vas were the first to step forward out of the group of young riders. They both bowed low and stated their names.
"I am Kirin Burgess and this is my dragon." he exclaimed proudly. Vas echoed, "I am Vas and this is my rider. I hatched one week and three days ago. I am ready for my training."

Falathiel stepped forward next, though she was a little annoyed at the first rider's abruptness. "I am Falathiel," She spoke aloud, she did not want this person around her thoughts, "And this, is Nekura." The black dragon stepped forward at his name. "He hatched exactly two weeks and two days ago. On the night in which the moon shrouded itself in darkness and hid from the earth."

Ellian was third to step forward, a slight frown on her face as she lined up with the others. "My name is Ellian Ion, this is my partner of mind Ryag." The dragon bowed his black head slightly, speaking with his deep, calming voice. " It's a pleasure, first one. I hatched two weeks and six days ago. " So it had been almost three weeks now. The voice had calmed her slightly and she smiled to the dragon. How are we supposed to cleanse our minds like that, the past is what has made us to come together. Without it I wouldn't have wandered into that cave and found you. It's going to be alright Ellian, relax for now.

Draigon stepped in line after Ellian with Korra right next to him and introduced himself again. "I'm Draigon and this is my friend of heart Korra." "And i am 8 days old today.

(Sorry for such a crappy/short post im on my phone and its a real bitch to write anything.)

"All so very young. Going to be hard to start training but I guess we can start with dragon hygiene. These babies need a good scrub down." Adaire had been speaking to herself, but loud enough for the whole group to hear. She noticed some dirty looks and clasped her hands smiling. "Not trying to offend all of you, there are just some aspects of a dragons hygiene that seem to get over looked each time. Don't worry it takes time to notice the small things. If you'll follow me..."

She didn't wait for an answer and lead the troop down a path large enough even for their small dragons. Soon a gurgling could be heard and she stopped abruptly at a large stream. Tarsus was already there, brooding by a glistening bed of stones. "Come to scrub away the grime from those babies?" "From you as well Tarsus. Your looking rather dull." He snorted at her comment and stood with an attitude. Adaire reached into the stream and grabbed one of the sparkling rocks and held it to the light.

"This, is a scale stone. They are actually soft and pliable." She demonstrated by squishing the rock with some difficulty and holding it out. "When applied to a dragons scales they actually produce a cleaning agent that allows for brighter scales. Your dragon is always your first priority and when you become diplomatically inclined their appearance does indeed matter. Each of you needs to scrub your dragons clean, no offense but every dragon here is filthy, including my Tarsus. Your dragon may have to squish the stone for you and their going to hate it at first and your going to think I'm being redundant, but trust me. Your dragon will love you for this. Come on get in the water! Maybe we'll teach you some magic while we're at it." She winked and stepped into the stream about thigh high and began to vigorously scrub Tarsus.
(Sorry Tarsus' thoughts aren't in color, I'm on my phone and it doesn't allow color change.)

Falathiel stepped in first, tossing her satchel on the ground, followed by Nekura. Isn't rather pointless to apply a substance that makes your scales brighter if your scales are black? She asked Nekura. He snorted and moved farther downstream. The black blood of the mutated elves was already being to slide off. Nekura took a deep breath and plunged his entire body underwater. Falathiel quickly began using her hands to quicken the process; pushing globs of the detestable stuff into the stream's current.

Ellian calmly stepped into the stream, her face still turned to her dragon and holding her hand out to ask him to follow. Ryag took a careful step into the water until he as well was in it. It was clear he didn't like water, understandable though. Her hand grabbed one of the stones the lady had shown and started with the crystal like scales growing from his back. It surprised her that a lot of dust came of along with a dark substance. " Ellian, please be careful with my wings...." Her eye fell on the black wings, she gave a short nod and moved her fingers along them first looking for a smaller scale stone and putting one hand underneath the part of the wing she was going to clean. " Don't worry Ryag, I will work with caution, just say if it hurts. " It took her a while to clean it, moving over to the long, thick tail. she knew Ryag hated it, just like the elf had said but he kept quiet.

There was not much in the way of grime on Traka's scales. She had a little dirt on her paws, but not much else. However, Iodin noticed that some of her scales had a build-up of salt on them, no doubt from the sea. Traka slowly sank herself into the stream, but seemed reluctant to take the scrubbing from the stone.
I don't think I need that thing to get clean, she told Al-Iodin.
You heard what Adaire said, and anyway you've got quite a coating of salt here, Iodin countered as he began to scrub at the white crust with his stone.
Traka-Shen thrashed and roared. Her roar was not nearly as impressive as the one Tarsus had given earlier. It wasn't as deep, or as loud.
You're going the wrong way!
This time Iodin argued with her aloud. "I'm going the best directiong to scrape this salt off. We were warned this would be uncomfortable."
Why are you so forward all of a sudden?
Because of what Adaire said.
He couldn't bring himself to tell her out loud, so instead he spoke so that only her mind could hear. At least, he hoped only she could hear him. We have to leave who we once were behind. As an elf raised among humans...you know I never fit among them. And it was only with you that I could conquer my fear of the sea, though I still have other fears. The old Iodin was a cowardly lost soul who couldn't fish in a town that needed fish to survive. I'm more than eager to leave that old me behind.
I am proud to hear that you wish to cleanse yourself in much the way you're cleansing me...still too rough, by the way.
Iodin slowed his movements into little circles and a rumbling sigh escaped Traka's throat. Better. But I find myself disagreeing with the Rider. Moving on to the next stage in your life is important, but it's who you were, Iodin, that was the reason I chose you. Not for your fear or your lack of skills, but for what your kind guardians raised you to be: caring, protecting, and braver than you care to admit. They watched over you until I arrived, and now it is my turn, but I will never forget those kind seafarers who protected you when I could not, and you shouldn't either.
Iodin stopped in his scrubbing as he felt eyes on him. Traka had brazenly allowed her opinion to be heard by them all, with special attention to Adaire. He felt himself tense up, knowing he could not apologize for the dragon's thoughts.
"I won't forget them," he told Traka quietly. "They've done so much for me. But now it's time for me to learn how to protect myself, you, and others." He paused and looked at Adaire. "I hope you didn't offend her," he added.

"Never did I say that you should forget the people from your past life. I told you they must become a memory dear Traka-shen. You cannot return to that life now, it is behind you now." Adaire patted Tarsus and pointedly sent him a mental thought. "I want all of the dragons to go with Tarsus. He will show you why you can't return to your former lives."

(I missed some post due to the issues yesterday x-x Would anyone mind to fill me in?)

Falathiel stiffened at Adaire's orders. She had purposefully ignored them after they had gotten pointlessly sentimental, but it was hard to miss those particular words. "I have no need for any sort of lesson or proof," She said carefully, "Anyone should be able to figure out that the second our dragons hatched that things were never going to be the same."

(There was an attack on the website and some posts were lost?)