The Dragon Code (Anti & Naois_DragonGirl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vayick walks past him very cautiously, but stops when he says that he was going to kill him. "Well then you will have a whole swarm of dragons after you, and they will devour you." He says coldly and then walks back to the camp. He gives his Drake a pat on the head as he leand against it. Of course the Drake knew something had come up and was now pprotectivelywatching over him, just in case the Prince decided to try anything when Vayick went to sleep. Dracos continued on with the story. "The humans had hired a man to kill Celeste, this would be the first dragon slayer. And he fulfilled his duty alright and killed her. Armon was in such a rage that he attacked the man and they got into a huge fight, of course in the end they both died. This angered the entire dragon community and they rose up, vowing to have revenge against the humans for what they had done. There was a very large long and bloody battle, soilders died on both sides and this lasted for at least 100 years. Then sort of a truce happened and there was no more fighting, but the humans started training people to be dragon slayers to hunt down and kill dragons, for they still had hatred. This is where dragons developed a taste for humans." He says finishing his tale.

Mael paused at Vajick's threat, but quickly regained his composure. "Dragons you say. Well once I get my kingdom I don't think I'll have to worry about them." he said mostly to himself since Vajick had already gone back to camp. He sat back in spot and tried to find the position he was in before he left. He was extremely tired and if he didn't get any rest he would be in such a fowl mood the next day. Not that he would be in a good moon anyway.

"If dragon's hate humans so much how come you choose me? I'm a human? Do you not like me?" she knew Draco had answered her questions before, but she was a human. "Or have dragons forgiven us?"

Dracos looks at Ela, "Most dragons do not like humans and would rather stay away from them, some hate them and want them all to be destroyed. Me? Well I don't mind humans, I'm a very forgiving dragon, even though humans have done very harsh things to me." He says. "That is why I don't hate humans, because I can forgive and also not all humans are bad. " He says to her. "I chose you because you are not a bad human, you are very kind and understanding." He says to her. Vayick heard what the prince said about the dragons. He wished that a dragon that liked to eat humans would appear on this trip and simply devour the prince, only because he felt sorry for the princess for having to marry such a man. He though if the dragon ate him then she would be free to marry who ever she wanted. He then stares up at the moon, wishing he knew where the dragon was, so that he could get this done and over with. For he didn't want to be in the company of the prince any more.

Ela closed her eyes, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if dragons and humans could coexist? We could live with each other, respectively, and we wouldn't have to worry about as much as we do now." After she had finished eating her fish and fruit she grabbed her coat and laid next to Draco. She didn't even bother to stir the fire and even let it die down. Draco's warmth was all she needed and it was all she wanted.

Mael was actually able to sleep. But when he woke up he felt like he was one big bruise. Slowly he got up and collected his things. This was not how a prince was supposed to live. But if he wanted to be king he had to do things he didn't like doing. So he was going to make himself toughen up so that the dragon boy couldn't make him look like pansy in front of his fiance. He knew that she didn't really like him, but he wanted to change that by rescuing her from the dragon. For it was always the prince's duty to rescue his princess from the dragon. And it was the princess's duty to make him a king.

Dracos nods, "In deed it would be nice if humans and dragons could live together in harmony. But I doubt that you could prosuded your prince when he becomes king, to start a campaign about that." He says. "Suppose that were to happen, then maybe you would have to send some nights to find this Vayick fellow, he would probably be the only one to prosude the dragons, besides myself, that is to live in harmony. Then neither of our kinds would have to deal with war and fighting. How lovely would that be?" Dracos says to her and then he lays his head down to go to sleep.
The next morning, Vayick awakes and looks over at the prince, not trusting him. "Once you get done eating breakfast we shall be on our way again, there is no time to waste. For all we know, the dragon could have taken her back to his lair by now." He says as he gets up and stretches. His Drake gets up and stretches too, it seemed to be keeping an eye on the prince as well.

Ela had to agree with Draco. She didn't think she could convince Prince Mael to find away to make peace with the dragons, but then again maybe she could. As she laid against Draco she thought of Vayick. If he wasn't a legend then maybe he would be able to help her when Mael couldn't. But where could she find him? He was a legend after and legends never stayed in one place. If only she could find a way to meet this man. As she fell asleep she didn't have dreams about black dragons and evil monsters. This time she dreamed about a dragon boy who came to help her.

Mael noticed the wingless dragons keeping an eye on him. He figured he had blurted out too much information about his plans. So he decided to try to get Vayick's trust. "So why did the dragons curse you?" he asked as he climbed on his drake. "It is common for dragon's to curse other humans with the gifts of dragons?"

Vayic wasn't stupid, he just looks at him cautiously. "I was cursed because my father had killed the mate of a very powerful dragon. And a dragon's curse really doesn't specify what kind of curse it is, they just say some words and then the next thing you know something like a rain cloud is following you every where, or you die." He says. "And my curse was so that my father and mother can loose what they love, for my mother didn't want me and my father died in battle so in the end my mother died of a broken heart, because she had lost both her son and husband," He says as he gets on to the back of his Drake. Who and the other Drake were still watching Prince Mael and every move he made. "My Mother left me in the forest to die, but as fate would have it, a grieving mother dragon found me and took me as her baby, for she had lost all her babies because of a dragon slayer." He says sounding as though he hated dragon slayers- which he did. He looks at Prince Mael, "We should get going now." He says to him.

Mael listened to Vayick's story. It was a sad story to be sure, but it didn't have any affect on him. He was still convinced that Vayick was just a demon child trying to steal his crown. But he knew that he was outnumber here in the forest alone with the dragon-boy and two drakes. "So do you think the dragon will give up Princess Elanora so easily? Or will he have to fight him?" The idea of fighting a dragon did appeal to Mael, but he would rather do it with an army and not by himself. He did think this boy would do anything to help fight against a dragon.

Vayick looks at him, "That just depends. If we ask nicely and don't do anything stupid, then the dragon should give her back without a fight. But if say, you go in there and demand that she is given back and you threaten with an army or you killing it for not giving her back to you. Then three things could happen here. 1. The dragon doesn't give back the princess and kills her. 2. The dragon just picks up the princess and flies away to some where new and we have to go find her. Or 3. You make the dragon angry and it kills you and then the princess." He says. Then he gives the prince as stern look. "So when we finally find the dragon's lair, you are going to do exactly as I say got it? If not, then I'll tell the Drake that you're riding to turn around and take you home." He says finally putting his foot down. He didn't care if the prince didn't like that he was being bossy, he was trying to save Prince's life and the princess's life as well. "Oh an another thing, when we meet another dragon, do not I repeat do not be rude to it. Some make that most dragons are full of pride and would get very nasty with a person who is being nasty to them. Do you hear what I am saying? Or do I need to make you go back home?" He asks.

Mael wanted so much to kill this brat right here and now. How dare he talk like that to a prince! But instead of getting all huffy he just smiled. "Of course. You are right, Vayick. I was wrong to not listen to you earlier and I will do my best to not slip bak to my old antics. And I will listen to you as if you were my master and I not the prince." He was surprised at how easy it was to say all those things. Normally he would have had to pause and take a deep breathe before saying that this insolent brat was anything like a master to him. But he was going to do what he must to achieve his goal.

Vayick looks at the prince, he was suprised that the prince even said that to him. Said that to him with out pausing and taking a deep breath or just pauing in general. "Look you probably think I'm a brat or an insolant fool, but I'm not trying to be, I'm just trying to keep you alive and such. I've had too many people die on me because they didn't listen to me. Have you ever had to witness and listen to a dragon either burning someone alive or eating them alive? It's not a pleasent experience. And I know you are a very proud prince and all, but please...I know this is hard for you, but please can we try to get along? I know you want to save the princess, but I don't think you dying before we get her is going to help now is it?" He asks as they rode along at a steady pace. "Once this trip is done and over with, you'll never have to see me again," He says to him.

Never have to see him again? That sounded wonderful to hear! Mael smiled pleasantly, "I understand your situation. It must be very difficult to be the liaison between dragons and humans." Vayick seemed to be taking his ruse in quite nicely. "And you're right I definitely don't want to die before I save my precious bride Elanora. Have you seen her before?" he asked trying to keep the conversation friendly. He even patted the drake affectionately on the neck like he would a horse to show him that he was doing a good job.

Vayick was only pretending to go along with his ruse, he figured that it would be better this way, so there was no fighting among them. But he did have a feeling that the prince was pleased with his answer, when he said that he would never have to see him again after this was done. And he also had a feeling that he didn't really love the princess at all and just wanted the throne and all the valuables that the king possessed. Even though he didn't know Princess Elanora, he was starting to feel bad for her and he wondered why she was in love with such a man as Prince Mael. He shakes his head no, "No I have not, I was sent by the king." He says. "When a messenger, a dragon, came to me, the message sounded very urgent and it sounded as if the king was a afraid." He says. To try and keep the conversation friendly he looks at Prince Mael, "So did her mother die? Because when I was in the court room with you, I saw only the king and no queen." He says to him.

Mael feigned sadness, "Elanora's mother died when she was little. A sickness I believe. From what I heard and seen from my trips to the court she was always weak. Thankfully, Elanora has her father's health." He smiled while thinking about his fiance. He had to admit that she was a beauty and that he would love to have her at his side. "You know I am very lucky to have the privilege to marry her, Vayick. We knew each other as children and I have been very fond of her growing up." He winked at Vayick, "And I don't mean to sound pretentious, but I believe that she is into me as well. It was her father who arranged the marriage when he saw us spending so much time together." Mael smiled at his embellished facts. Most of it was true. He did believe that Elanora fancied him.

Vayick nods, but of course he didn't believe it. The princess sounded like a very smart girl, even though he had never met her at all. And a smart girl wouldn't marry such a horrible person like Prince Mael. Even though he wasn't the type of person, he still wished that a dragon would come down and eat the prince. Speaking of Dragons, one was up head, grazing in a field near by. Once they got up to it, Vayick asked if it had seen a dragon carrying a princess. And of course it replied in the draconian language. Vayick began to nod and then bow at the dragon as he goes back over to the prince. "The dragon said not too long ago, he had seen a dragon flying by with a princess looking girl on his back, we maybe on the right track after all." He says to him as they continue on ward on their journey.

Mael watched intently as Vayick spoke to the dragon in a strange tongue. When he came back with the news that the dragon had seen Elanora and the dragon he was sincerely happy. He wanted to find his princess, marry her, and then wait till her old man died. He wasn't always in the murdering business so he didn't want to kill the king, but he still held onto the desire to kill Vayick. The excitement and plans of his death helped Mael to feel better about pretending to be his friend. "How much further do you think they would have flown to?" he asked.

Vayick shrugged at his question. "Who knows! They could have flown 1000s of miles by now. A dragon that size can travel for long periods with out rest, but with the princess with it, it would have to make frequent stops." He says. Just as they were going to go over a bridge, something caught Vayick's eye. He hopped of his Drake and ran into what seemed like a field of some kind. There was an indentation of where the Princess had laid and also the indentation of where a dragon had laid as well. And there was an area where a fire had been made. He then turns and looks over where the prince was. "Prince Mael, I think you should have a look at this." He shouts. He then studies the indentations and begins to look around as if he was trying to find something. He was walking around in a circle, trying to decide which way the dragon and the princess had go to. But something told him further east and then he nods his head. "They went farther east," He says talking out loud to no one in perticilar.

At Vayick's beckoning Mael jumped off his stead. He heard Vayick mention that the dragon was heading east. "How do you know that?" he asked genuinely interested for once. He noticed the indication in the ground of a huge dragon. He was going to have to be very careful when they finally are able to face the dragon. He just hoped that the dragon would be nice enough to listen.

Vayick looks at him, "Well it would seem so, because this dragon doesn't eat humans, as you can see from some of the grass being eaten and such." He says. "And it's a rather large dragon, making it possbily and old one." He says. "So of course it would be going farther east, towards the moutains where there are large caves, that's probably where it's lair is and that is where it is taking the princess." He says. "And if you are going to ask why, I have no clue, I still haven't figure that part out yet." He says as he goes back over to his Drake and hops back on. "And we mustnt dwaddle either, we need to pick up the pace." He says as he waits on his Drake for Prince Mael to do the same.

"Out of curiosity how fast can these drakes run? If they can run faster wouldn't we reach the mountains sooner?" He didn't think that the drakes would need as many breaks as a horse would. If they were so smart then maybe the drakes could take them to the dragon's lair without needing to stop for directions anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.