The Dragon Code (Anti & Naois_DragonGirl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vayick looks at him, "A Drake can at least run up to 65 to possibly 75 miles, but that is a flat out run." He says. And then he nods in agreement. "I say we should get there as fast as we can." He says. "I'll teach you the word in the draconic language for run." He says and then says as word. "That's all you have to say and your Drake should instantly start running." He says. He taps the sides of his dragon lightly and says the word and the Drake took off like a bat out of hell. He hoped that the Prince would soon hurry and catch up to him. Not to get too far ahead he slows his dragon down and waits for the prince to catch up with him. If they kept up with the speed they were going once the prince had caught up, then they should be there in no time.

Luckily Prince Mael was quick to learn. Once he saw Vayick speed off he kicked his stead and said the word and off they went. He had to admit that he enjoyed riding the drake at this speed. It was more fun then galloping on his fasted stallion.

Vayick watched as the Prince finally caught up. He lightly taps the side of his Drake and they go off again. Vayick looks at the prince, "Since Dragons are not like horses they can go a long way with no food and water or rest. So if we keep this up they can at least run for about three days straight. But of course we'll have to stop for food and water, not to mention rest for us. Just in case we have a fight on our hands, you never know with Dragons, they are very unpredictable." He says as they were running along. He could tell that the prince was rather enjoying himself. He hoped that the prince did feel foolish for earlier about insulting the Drakes. For without them, they wouldn't be where they are right now.

By now Dracos was in his cave, he had finally made it into his lair. "Well this is my home." He says. "If you want, we can rest a while before I show you the rest of the area, especially the medow with all kinds of wild flowers, I think you will like that, most of all." He says to her.

Mael didn't even think about what he had said in the past. It was all moot to him anyway. The only thing he remembered was how he was made out to be a fool. He could never forget something like that.

Jumping off the dragon's back, Ela ran to look at the view around her. "It's beautiful, Draco!" she said full of wonder. "I almost wish I could stay here forever." She almost meant it. If it wasn't for her father she might have asked to stay here with the dragon. He could show her many wonderful things. And since she didn't have someone that she loved or wanted to marry she wouldn't have anyone to hold her back. But she loved her father very much. She would return for his sake only.

Dracos nods, "I know you do, dear, but think of your father." He says. Then he sat there thinking things over. "Ya know the enitre time we have been together, I was wondering, do you think your father would mind if I came back with you? I mean I could guard the castle from invasion and intruduers, and this way we could see each other more often." He says to her. He was hoping she liked the sound of his idea. Vayick looks at the Prince. "If we don't stop and rest and go at this speed we should reach the moutians within maybe three days or so. It just depends on the weather too," He says as he points up at the sky and it seemed that it had gotten dark quite fast and then thunder was heard in the background, roaring like an angry dragon, ready to attack.

Ela gave Draco a small smile, "I know. I haven't forgotten him. He's the only reason I would return anyway." What the dragon purposed was something she hadn't thought of. They wouldn't need to feed him any of their livestock since he was a vegetarian. And if he were to guard that castle no one would dare to attack them. But she was fearful that the peasants would be too fearful of a dragon so close to home. "I love the idea, Draco, but I have a feeling that my people would be too frightened of you. They aren't as open minded as they should be. When they see a dragon they think of the man-eating ones. But I wish you could."

Mael glanced at the sky and cursed at the changing weather. Just his luck. They could be there to rescue Elanora, but a stupid storm had to stop their progress. And here he was actually enjoying himself.

Dracos nods, understanding what she had said. "I understand what you mean." He says. "Why do you think us dragons go into human forms? So we aren't persicuted because of being a dragon." He says to her. Then thunder was heard. "It looks like were in for a bad storm tonight, maybe we should just stay in here for now. No need to go and get hurt." He says to her. Vayick looks at the Prince, he wasn't too happy about the weather either. "We'll need to find shelter soon, I think this might be a bad storm." He says as he looks around and then stops and points at a small cave, let's use that as our shelter for tonight, tomorrow we'll continue bright and early." he says as he directs his Drake into the direction of the cave.

"I forgot that you can change forms," she said. "I guess if you could stay as a human for long periods of time then they might not fear you as much." She then heard the thunder and agreed to stay in the cave where she would be safe. But she sat where she could enjoy the rain and thunder.

Still irritated to have to stop he followed Vayick into the cave. "I guess we should bunker down for the night anyway." he grumbled. He was beginning to hate that he was having to act all nice to the brat. He just wanted this stupid quest over!

Vayick nods, "In deed we should." He says to him. Just as they got inside the cave, did it decided to down pour. It was coming down in rather large sheets as lightening flashed a crossed the sky like two clawed hands. Then thunder roared in the distance once again. "We might have to stay in here for the rest of the day, who knows how long this will last." He says and then goes to go out of the cave. "I'll be right back, I'm going to go get fire wood, the best I can." He says and leaves the cave, leaving Prince Mael and the Drakes alone. Within 20 minutes or so Vayick returns with what fire wood he could find and made a small stack in the middle of the cave and then asked one of the Drakes to light it. Dracos nods, "Yes but I'm an old dragon, so I don't know how long my body can with stand being in human form." He says to her. "Now if I was a younger dragon, then that would be a different story." He says and then looks out into the distance. "This is going to be a really bad storm, I haven't seen a storm this bad in ages. The last one I seen like this was 100 years ago and it lasted for four days and four nights. Who knows how long this one will last." He says.

Ela was sad when she heard that Draco couldn't keep his human form for long. But then she had an idea, "We do have a large cave several miles from where the castle stands. You could stay there and eat. It was once used as a storage barn when we had a famine several years ago. Now no one goes up there except to hike." She looked around her at the cozy cave, "But would you really want to leave your cave here?" she asked. When he told her about the storm lasting a few day she didn't mind. "I love the rain." was all she said.

Mael warmed his hands by the fire. The storm didn't look like it would pass away for a while. His mood started to darken considerably. He did not want to be stuck in a cave with two drakes and a dragon boy. So he found a spot that was slightly secluded and hunkered down for the night.

Dracos thought about it for a moment and then nods, "Yes, I would eventually get tired of this place. It's always nice to move some where new." He says to her. "That would be a nice change of scenery for me." He says to her. He had already had some wood in the cave from before and decide that it would be best to light it, so that She could see. "I do too love the rain, it's like nature's music box." He says to her. Vayick wasn't enjoying himself in the cave either, it wasn't the fact that he was stuck with the two Drakes, which he didn't mind. It was the fact that he was stuck in there with a stuck up Prince who was pretending to be nice and pretending to be his friend. He wished that the trip was over with so that he can go back to living with his dragons once again or just wished that the rain would hurry up and end, so that he didn't have to stand or be so close to the prince.

"It has always been a dream of mine to travel." she said wishfully. "I would love to roam the planet and see new things everyday! But alas it's my fate to be stuck behind politics. The one thing I am glad about getting married is that my husband will be the one to deal with the politics of the kingdom. I mean I could too, but if I know Prince Mael like I think I do then he wont let me have a say in anything." The fire light at first blinded her eyes since she was getting accustomed to the darkness. But soon her eyes adjusted and she could Draco in his corner. "Thanks I was starting to get a bit cold." she said giving him a smile.

Mael was able to sleep well despite the rain. In fact it seemed to help him to sleep since it covered the snores of the drakes as they slept. He was almost convinced that Vayick would snore like a dragon himself when he slept.

Dracos looks at her, "Not to be rude, I was thinking before we settle down to sleep, because the rain is making be drowsy, but..." he says and yawns revealing all of his teeth. "But what if he is just marrying you for your father's crown? And he doesn't actually love you and also just wants all your kingdom's gold. Did you ever think of that? And as I said not to be rude." He says. That had been bothering him for quite a long time, ever since he had met her. But in his gut he had a feeling that was what the Prince was up to all along, which made him wish he like devoring people, because no one needs to decive such a nice girl like Ela. Vayick wasn't tired at all even though usually he would fall asleep instantly to the sound of the rain coming down, he was too busy thinking about things, like why the dragon took her and also why the princess was in love with such a man as Prince Mael, but he came to the conclusion that she probably didn't and was forced to be wedded to him, because of an arranged marriage, how sorry he felt for her, he couldn't describe.

Sitting down next to the sleep dragon, Ela had to think. "Honestly I never thought about it that way. I mean I don't think he loves me, but I had always thought that his father wanted him to marry me because Mael is the son of his favorite concubine. So I just assumed that Mael didn't want to marry me either. Other then that I don't really know Prince Mael that much." she paused for a second to yawn. "I can say that he is very handsome. I could be forced to marry an old potbellied prince instead of the handsome Prince Mael." She blushed at the thought. She had to admit that he was the most handsome out of brothers too. But something about him spoiled his good looks. But since she didn't know him all that well she didn't want to accuse him of any wrong doing.

That night Vayick lay there thinking over rather or not he should just start without the prince. It would make things a lot easier on him, he could go at the speed he wanted, he didn't have to worry about someone trying to kill him constantly and also he would have to put up with somone's whining either. So he made up his mind and decided to leave the prince behind, rather or not it was raining and storming. He would manage. Dracos sort of curled up around Ela, while he slept, providing warmth for her so that she wouldn't get that cold. The next morning, the rain had finally quit. It was early when Vayick got up, and silently ushered the Drakes out of the cave, the one that Prince Mael was ridding, he detached the bridal and saddle from it. Then placed them in the cave, that Drake took off running in the opposite direction, happy to be free of the prince. Vayick the taps the sides of his Drake and silently took off towards the mountains by himself, hopefully that would be the last time he saw the prince.

How dare that little uppity spoiled brat leave him behind! He was being nice and everything! Well he would have to find his way back to a village somewhere and commander a horse to get back to the king's palace. He would make sure that the king knew about the dragon boy's betrayal.

Ela slept soundly that night. No dreams of any kind plagued her sleeps. When she woke up she stretched and got up to look outside the cave. She was slightly disappointed that it didn't rain as long as the dragon said it would, but was also glad that she would be able to explore the new place around her. "Good morning, Draco." she said to the waking dragon.

Vayick was kind of glad that he had ditched the Prince. It felt good not having to explain things or repeat things- not to mention not hearing any complaining about it or any thing else for that matter. He was glad that he didn't have anyone trying act nice around him and put up a facade and THINK that he stupid enough to believe him. Since he had an early start that morning, he could tell that by the end of the night he should be reaching the moutains. He was glad, because then he wouldn't have to waste anymore time and just hopefully...hopefully bring the princess home safe and sound. Dracos raises his head sleepily and then he stretches. He blinks a a few times and then looks at Ela, "I'll be right back, I'll get you some breakfast." He says and then goes out of the cave and flies off into the distance. After about 30 minutes he comes back. "You won't believe what I say while I gathered up these fruits and berries for you, a young man, but I don't think he's your prince, because I don't think your princes rides a Wingless Drake- it's a type of dragon with no wings." He says to her.

Instantly Ela thought she had better put her dress back on. By now it had been torn so badly that one could see through it, but it was better then being seen in her petticoats. "Do you think he has come for me, Draco? Because I don't think I'm ready to go back. And how do I know that he will return me to my father anyway? He could be some marauder who wants to use me as ransom." It was easy to tell that Ela didn't trust strange men very well. In fact if she hadn't bee with Draco everyday since he took her then she wouldn't have trusted him either.

Draco looks at her, "It isn't a maurader, they don't ride dragons. Maybe your father, sent that dragon boy to rescue you from me." He says. "The boy is probably nice, he'll probably try to persaude me to give you up, but we already made arrangments for that." He says. He looks at her, "He should be hear by night fall." He says. "But we shouldn't worry, if it is the dragon boy, because I think he'll understand our predictument." He says as he lays back down and then stretches a bit. "But if it is a maurader, then don't worry about it, I'll take care of him." He says. But he was hoping that it was the dragon boy instead, he was sure deep down that it was the dragon boy.

Ela breathed a sigh of relief "Of course it couldn't be a marauder. I'm just letting my imagination get the best of me," she laughed. She really didn't think she was ready to leave. The place around the dragon's lair was too beautiful to leave just yet. However, if this boy was the dragon boy of the legend then she would love to meet him. But she hoped that he wouldn't force to leave right away. She wanted at least some freedom to do as she wished before being taken back to live her life confined within the castle's walls and into a marriage she didn't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.