The Dragon Code (Anti & Naois_DragonGirl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vayick turned and look at Prince Mael, and shook his head. "We mustn't be so hasty about killing it. As I recall, your highness, don't you remember The Great Dragon War? Because another kingdom made that direct move and killed a dragon who had done no harm to their kingdom and the dragons rose up?" He says. The king nods. "I do recall my father telling a tale about that." He says. Vayick nods, "And you don't have to worry about the dragon plotting anything against you. Or use the princess as away to get to you. You see dragons are very intelligent creatures, if it wanted to attack you, it would have done so already." He says. "And the only other reason it would have attacked you, besides out of greed for all your kingdom's gold, was out of malice, for you would have had to attack it first." He says. The king nods. "I don't recall attacking any dragons, they're rare around these parts now an days." He says. Vayick nods, "I may have come up with a reason, but I'm not sure if it's all correct or not. The reason it may of took your daughter, was for a companion or company, until it finds another dragon to be it's company. It has happened in the past, but it's very rare." Vayick says matter of factually. "If your highness, allow me to go and speak with the dragon, I can possibly persuade it to let the princess go, so she may return home and also I can take the dragon to the gorge where many other dragons live. So it won't be lonely." He says. The king nods and then looks at Prince Mael, "Remember that final test I told you about and said I hadn't come up with it yet, well this is your final test. In order to marry my daughter completely you must travel with this young man, to rescue her. And another thing, do not, I repeat do not kill the dragon, or it'll be the death of us all." The king says. Vayick didn't looks very pleased at all with this. When she said she was getting sleepy and soon fell asleep on his back, he landed as slowly and quickly as possible so that she wouldn't fall of his back. He makes a soft landing, he too was tired. They still had a long journey ahead of them. Still with her on his back, he manages to curl into a ball and fall into a deep slumber.

Mael couldn't believe his ears when he heard the king's command. Why should a prince travel a quest like a mere knight. He was a prince! And to think that he should be forced to travel with this backwards bumpkin. It was just too insulting. However, he did his best to swallow his pride. He gave the king a pleasant smile "You did not even need to ask. I would have traveled to the end of the world to find Princess Elanora. I love her so much. And in my desperate desire to rescue her I might have spoken too abruptly about killing the dragon. I would not want to hurt a dragon and I most assuredly would want to start a war." Even though he hated the king and Vayick even more he looked like a perfect picture of a man ready to find his love.

Vayick didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. The entire trip, he would have to keep an eye on him. The king on the other hand was more decivable than Vayick, "But another thing, you must listen to everything the boy says. He's the expert here, on dragons. " He says. Vayick could tell that the prince didn't like that idea very well either. But what the king said, usually goes. Vayick simply nods, "We'll be leaving very early in the morning, if we want to try and possibly catch up to the dragon, but who knows how far he has gone with the princess." He says and then leaves the room. The next morning, Vayick was waiting for Prince Mael outside the stables, he had found another wingelss drake and asked if it would be ok for the prince to ride it. Of course it agreed. Vayick finally spots the prince, as he made his way over the stables. He was going to go in, but Vayick stopped him. "We'll be using these wingless Drakes as our rides, they are much faster than horses and are more durable. Plus they can go over terrain a horse can not go on to." He says explaining. He could tell that the prince wasn't very happy about it either. "Oh and another thing, since the Drake does not know you, proceed with caution." He says. "And they're not stupid animals, no offense, they're very intelligent and understand us, so if you insult yours, you'll be making the journey on foot." He says. Of course the dragons weren't offended by what Vayick said since he apologized to them.

After hearing the kind's commands a brief look of anger flashed over his face. But it passed so quickly that some might have thought it to mean something else. "Of course your majesty. I will make sure to listen to this boy and follow his advice. If you don't mind I think I will retire early tonight since we must leave early in the morning." He respectfully bowed to the king and walked past Vayick without a passing glance. After he left the room he stormed to his own room. Once there he yelled for his servant to pack his bag for him. For the next two hours he nitpicked everything that the servant did. He was so angry with how things were going that he even hit his servant a few times. The poor man didn't yell or scream or even try to avoid his blows. Finally he sent the servant away and tried to sleep. Unfortunately he didn't sleep much that night and when he woke up he was not in a better mood. After he ate breakfast, which he purposefully took his time, he made his way to the stables where Vayick was waiting for him with the wingless drakes. "You except me to ride on one of those things?" he asked not paying attention to the drake's feelings. He walked over to one and sniffed, "They smell horrible!"

That night Ela dreamed of more dragons. These dragons were black and muddy brown. At first she dreamed that they were playing with her. But soon she dreamed that the black dragon grabbed her and flew into the sky with her. He laughed evilly and whispered evil things into her ear. Once he was high in the sky he let her go. Instantly Ela woke up screaming as she landed on the forest floor. "Ow." she said groggily. "That hurt." She checked herself out to make sure that she wasn't too badly hurt. Her worst injuries were her cut hands and legs from falling, but they aren't serious at all.

Vayick looked at the prince, he didn't hear a word that he said. The Drakes on the other hand, weren't looking too happy at all. "I would apologize if I were..." was all Vayick could get out, before one of the Drakes let out a small growl and kicked the prince, causing him to go flying through the air like a rag doll and having him land right in the middle of a big thorn bush. Vayick lets out a sigh and walks over to him, after apologizing to the Drakes once more. "Prince Mael, you're supposed to listen to me and I said watch what you say, it could have been worse than just a simple kick, the dragon could have bitten you and you would have lost your hand probably. Now I suggest that you apologize to your Drake and learn to get along with Dragons, for you will be seeing a lot of them on this trip. And another thing, not listening to me is just making the trip harder and longer. Next time if you insult a dragon, it might not be a wingless Drake, it might be a full sized dragon that can fly, and next time you might get eaten, instead of kicked." He says matter of factly and then goes back over to the Drakes. Of course he was talking to them in the Draconian language. Dracos woke with a start when she screamed, he noticed that she wasn't on his back any more and let out a growl, for he thought bandits had taken her. But to his relief, she was ok. "Are you alright? What happened Ela?" He asks her, in a still sleepy tone.

His anger almost consumed him as his servant helped him out of the thorn bush. Apologize to an animal! This was absurd! After being helped up he yelled at his servant to leave him alone. He gave the man a shove while the servant was trying to pick the thorns out of his hair. Mael closed his eyes and breathed a deep breathe. His mother taught him that if were to lose his tempter that he should counted to ten. So he counted to ten. One. Two. Three. Four. Ten. He opened his eyes and walked over to his drake. "I'm sorry for insulting you." he said dryly. He had never been so insulted in his life. Once he was king of this land he would make sure that this brat would pay for his insults. He might even try to finish off the dragons if he could. He then brushed off the dust and dirt and pull the thorns that pricked his exposed skin. "Shall we get on with this already?" he asked bitterly.

Ela was startled when Draco growled. "Oh I was just dreaming and apparently I fell off while doing so. I'm ok. Just a few bruises, but nothing that will kill me. I am sorry to have awakened you." She slowly got up and stretched her muscles. Then she put on her coat, which fell with her. She might not be in her father's court, but it was still improper to expose oneself.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Drake seemed to glare at him, but nods. Vayick nods too, "Yes, we're going." He says as he mounts his dragon, of course going what they would call "bareback." Vayick was used to riding dragons, that is why he had not saddle or reigns. He looks at the prince, "I suggest you borrow a saddle from the stable, and also a bridle. Since this is your first time riding a dragon, it will be very hard on your rear." He says. He could tell his dragon was getting a little anxious, so he clicked his tongue and took off in a slow trot and then returned to the prince. "I suggest that you also don't order the dragon around or yell at them. They don't take to that kindly. Your dragon will be following after mine, so there is no need for you to bark orders at it." He says. "The only time you should control your dragon, is when we stop to rest or if we need to go faster." He adds. "To do so, gently pull on the reigns to make it stop and to make it go faster gently tap it's sides with your foot." He says. "And I repeat, do not- do not do anything foolish, it will cause you to get bucked off." He says. He thought this was rather amusing to see how this would work out with the prince.

Grumbling under his breath, Mael snapped his fingers and immediately the same poor servant came running out of the stables with an elegant saddle. It had just been polished and looked like it had never been ridden. Which in fact it hadn't, it was an early wedding gift from his mother. The servant carefully put the saddle on the drake and as well as the bridle that was given to him. He was extremely careful when he worked around the drake's muzzle. Once finished Mael checked his servant's handy work. He poked here and there to make sure that everything was on right. Once he decided all was well he climbed on. Not wanting to get thrown again, he then gave the dragon a slight kick. During all this he didn't speak. His silence being one of a brooding man with a very large headache.

The Drake of course having a mind of it's own and also wanted to get revenge on the "Smell horrible" comment, took off like rocket when the prince kicked it. Vayick just sighs. This is going to be a long tripHe thinks as he goes to catch up to the out of control Drake. He grabs the reigns and slightly pulls on them. The Drake comes to a grinding halt. Vayick was hoping that the prince would stay on, but alas he was wrong, but this time, it was only on the dirt path. Vayick turns and scolds the Drake and it gave him an apologetic look. Vayick gets off his dragon and then walks up to the prince. "Well I guess he was trying to send you a message," He says as he holds out his hand so that he may help the prince up, but he knew that the prince wouldn't take his help, so with a sigh, he takes his hand back and goes back to get on to his dragon once again. "C'mon get back on, so we can start, we haven't even made it out of the castle grounds yet." He says. But he was still amused, but he couldn't hide that fact on his face any more.

With a scream that almost sounded like a girl's scream Mael fumbled with the reigns. "Stop, drake, stop!" he yelled to no avail. He thought he could barely hold on when he suddenly smashed his face into the dragon's neck and then fell off. At least this time he was on the road then in a briar patch, but this boy kept making a fool out of him. He was definitely going to kill this boy when he got the chance. Maybe not soon, but he would exact revenge on him eventually. And he would make it a cruel death. Death by the pulley. Death by beating. Death by being pulled apart by horses. Oh the options where endless! When Vayick offered his hand to help him up he just gave the boy an evil glare. "This wench had better marry me now." he said under his breath. Carefully he got back on his steed and ignored the people watching him. He wanted to yell at them and make them leave, but he had to be on his best behavior. For now. "If this wonderful drake is ready to go then lets go. Please." Even though he used polite words his tone was as polite. But he did not yell at the drake and he did not kick it hard. He did everything he was told to do while riding the drake. But all he could think about was how he was going to make this dragon boy pay for making him look like a fool.

Vayick looks at the prince's Drake, "Now that he had learned, you can be have now." He says and the Drake seemed to nod. And then Vayick nods and then lightly taps the sides of his Drake and it began to trot off, knowing that the prince would be coming up beside him soon. But he knew that with the way the Prince's personality was, he would have to watch his back for now on, he had a feeling that he would either try to harm him or kill him, just because he got shown to be a fool around dragons, but of course that wasn't Vayicks fault. It was Prince Mael's, for not listening to exact instructions given to him. Once he was beside Vayick, he looks at him. "We'll be using dragons as our guides, many have probably spotted them, as I had said, it was very rare for a dragon to take a human being." He says. Dracos looks at Ela, "So tell me about this prince that is supposed to marry you, you seem like you don't love him at all." He says. "And also you don't seem very fond of the idea of marry him or even fond of him at all." He says as they were flying through the sky once again. "Why don't you not marry him? And find someone else? Or is it an arrange marriage...I mean...is that what you humans call it?" He asks.

His finely crafted leather backpack bounced up and down on his back. Mael began to feel a bit more easy, but still no less revengeful. He was used to carriages and fine horses with silver saddles, not wingless dragons. "Why couldn't you get a winged dragon? If it would make the trip easier and faster?" His request was mixture of irritance and curiosity.

Ela leaned against her dragon. In her mind she called him her dragon for she seemed to be his human. Well his name is Prince Mael. His family hail from the north country. And no I don't love him. I've only met him a few times. He is extremely handsome and any brain-dead woman would love to have him as a husband. But I have seen his cold eyes. He doesn't laugh just to laugh; he laughs to make fun of others. Oh! But when father is around he is the perfect epitome of selflessness! He has my father eating out of his just about!" She looked down at her clenched hands and took a deep breathe. "Sorry I got a little carried away there. But I would love to not marry him. But alas it is an arranged marriage. If I could I would run away, but my father needs me too much and I love him too much to leave him be. You see I'm his only child and my mother has been dead for many years now."

Vayick looks at the prince, "Because most flying dragons have worse tempers than these Drakes do. Plus they have bigger egos too. By now if we had flying ones, you would probably be dead, bucked off and laying dead and broken some where on the ground. I figure this would be the safest way to travel and I was right." He says bluntly. "You'll see how some flying dragons can be, I can be sure of that one." He adds."He sounds very dreadful in deed." Dracos says. "I believe my cousin, who is from the west is still alive, I can contact him and have him "accidentally" eat him." He says of course he was only joking. When there was silence from her, he lets out a hearty laugh. " I was joking my dear Ela, I maybe a dragon, but come now, I am not that horrible." He says. "Even though I do have a cousin or two that are known to devour humans occasionally." He says. "But I don't wish that type of punishment upon anyone, no matter how horrible they may be." He says as he continues to fly along slowly. A flock of ducks was soon flying along side them. "Look we have company." Dracos says.

At first Ela didn't know if he was joking when he mentioned having Mael eaten. Even though it was slightly tempting she would never kill a man just because she was being forced to marry him. But she relaxed when he said that he was joking. "This might be morbid curiosity, but what do humans taste like? I mean we must taste pretty good if other dragon's like to eat us and all." Ela laughed at herself. The question was stupid, but she didn't want to talk about Mael anymore. He just seemed to bring a chill to her even if his named was mentioned. But she knew that her father needed her back eventually. "Look, dragon, I do love being with you, but you must understand that I will need to return to my father eventually. Maybe not right now, but I am all that he has. Even if I am to marry a jerk, I would do it for my father." She hoped that she didn't hurt his feelings, but she knew that this couldn't last forever.

Dracos knew she would have to go back eventually. "Of course, but before you go back, can I at least show you the lands around my cave, they're absolutly beautiful." He says. Then he shrugs, "I have no clue how humans taste, I have never eaten one in my entire life." He says. "Well I guess from what I heard from other dragons, it has an aquired taste." He says.The sun was soon setting once again. He then flies down slowly into a medow, "I hope this will work for a place for us to stay the night." He says. Of course the first thing he does is go and get wood to make a fire. He looks at her. "Let me know when you are hungry, so I can go find you something to eat." He says to her. Vayick looks at Prince Mael, "The sun is gone, we should camp for the night." He says as hops off the still moving dragon. He goes into the near by woods and collects some wood for the fire and asks the Drake to light it, which it does so. Vayick then sits down next to his Drake, who was laying ther dozing. He looks at the prince. "What's wrong now?" he asks, but he was afraid he knew the answer already.

Ela smiled brightly, "I would love to see your lands, your cave, your world before I go. I think a little vacation before my wedding is needed." She listened to him talk about other dragons eating her king. It was disturbing to hear, but she didn't mind the conversation. Her only fear was how her father was doing, but he would be fine for a while. She knew he probably was setting up a search party for her, but she didn't expect them to find her or Draco anytime soon. She could enjoy her time with the old dragon for as long as she needed. "I have to admit dragon that I am growing fond of you." At the mention of food her stomach growled impatiently. "I probably could use something to eat. And maybe before we rest for the night you could tell me a story? Surely, a dragon of your age would know a good tale, right?" She was trying to compliment him, but it didn't seem to come out that way.

Mael waited till his drake stopped moving then jumped off. "You think I'm not accustomed to sleeping in the forest do you? Well I'll have you know that I have traveled far and wide. I know how to -rough- it" It was true that he had traveled much, but he usually slept in a tent with a comfortable mattress and a feather pillow. Oh how me wished he had his pillow at least. Forlornly he sat on the opposite side of the fire as Vayick. Even the ground seemed to team against him and make him uncomfortable.

Dracos smiles at what she had said. "I am growing quite fond of you as well." He says. When they land, he nods, "I'll be right back," He says and goes to find her some food. He then comes back a little while with some fish and fruit. "I hope these will do." He says and places them next to her. Then he goes and lays on the opposite side of the fire. "hmm...well...let me see here....hmm..." He says as he puts a claw up to his lips as he thought about it. "Well I could tell you about the dragon slayer I once fought, when I was a younger dragon. Or I could tell you about The Great Dragon War." He says to her. Vayick nods at the prince and stares at the fire, when he thought the prince was alseep he snuck off to a near by cliff. It won't hurt, since he is asleep. He thinks and then transforms into his acutal form. And ah how good it felt to stretch his wings. He sat on the edge of the cliff for a few minutes letting the moon light soak into his scales and then he decided to exorcise his wings and rose into the air.

Ela picked up the fish and speared them with a sharp stick then placed them over the fire. Once she got them how she liked she went over to sit next to Draco and chomped on some of the fruit. The food here seemed to taste much better then from home. It tasted fresher then anything she had ever had and normally she had the best fruit in the kingdom. But she put that thought aside as she decided what story to hear from Draco. "How about the Dragon War?"

Since he couldn't get comfortable no matter how he slept, Mael just couldn't get to sleep. And when he was actually able to sleep he had to pee. Since noblemen don't expose themselves to maidens or anyone of the lower class he walked to the forest to relieve himself. He unzipped his pants and not to long later he felt better, but still not in a good mood. Just as he zipped himself back up he heard a strange noise. Curiosity got the best of him and he went to check it out. What he found was Vayick in his dragon form What is he?! he said to himself. He drew his sword and ran at the dragon boy. "You demon!" he shrieked, "You planned to kill me and eat me didn't you! Then maybe take the princess for yourself Why, you little demon-spawn! I will kill you before you take my kingdom from me!"

Dracos nods, "Well let me tell you, it's not a very happy tale at all." He says. "There once was an actual queen and king of dragons, their names were Armon And Celeste. They made sure that humans and dragons lived in harmony. But humans began to start having hatred toward dragons, for they were envious that Dragons could live so long." He says as he begins his tale. Vayick was caught off guard and nearly dodged a slice from Prince Mael's sword. He finally lands and transforms back. "I am not a demon and I certainly wasn't going to steal the princess." He says to him. "I'm human, or at least I was. I was cursed by dragons." He says. "That is why I look the way I do, but I don't hate them or blame them for my condition." He says. He was still cautious around Prince Mael, who held him at sword point. He had his arms raised to show that he meant no harm toward him, even though he could easily hurt or even kill him if he wished.

Mael watched the boy warily. "I don't trust you, boy. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you now? You have made my life a living nightmare from the start and made me look like a fool!" He edged the sword closer to Vajick, "I can't deny that I want to kill you right now." But he did draw his sword back. "But I will not kill you. Not yet at least." He let Vayick walk past him, but he did not sheath his sword.

Every now and then Ela checked on the fish as she listened to Draco's story. He had such a wonderful voice to listen to. She almost imagined that she could forget everything if he could just tell her stories all the time. It didn't take the fish long to finished and she ate them while Draco continued with his story. It was such a sad story, but Ela was not sad that she had asked for that tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.