The Division: Dark Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still looking for another player? I'm interested in joining. If you're still open, do you need a guy or girl? I can do either.

Are you still looking for another player? I'm interested in joining. If you're still open, do you need a guy or girl? I can do either.

I would like one more. As for gender, it really does not matter.

Primary Weapon
tk086bk3.jpg
Em, I don't want to seem like I'm telling you how to play or anything, but don't you think it would be better to have a gun considering pretty much all of our enemies will certainly be shooting at us?

If you want me to have a gun, I'll have a gun. But I figured my character could be the stealth-type and sneak up on enemies with her daggers. Plus, they are throwing daggers, so they can be used that way too.

If you want me to have a gun, I'll have a gun. But I figured my character could be the stealth-type and sneak up on enemies with her daggers. Plus, they are throwing daggers, so they can be used that way too.
Oh I'm fine either way, I was just concerned about your character should we encounter situations where stealth and melee aren't viable options. That's all.

Oh I'm fine either way, I was just concerned about your character should we encounter situations where stealth and melee aren't viable options. That's all.
I figure if there's a situation as such, she has a first aid kit and aid those who are hurt. Or just provide eyes from an advantage point.

Yeah, you need a gun or two. @sincere_and_silent. This is a realistic, team based RP. Solely using knives is not viable in this world, because it will lead to infection, and death because most of the enemies have guns. We already have two close-quarters oriented characters. Furthermore, the poision flasks would not be of any use. By the time it would take effect, the affected target would already have been dispatched.

I would be more than willing to reccomend a better weapons loadout, but if you are not comfortable working with firearms and or a realistic, tactical setting, this is not the best RP for you.

Oh I was recently thinking about my character and his history and he was in IT so should I give him a strength in hacking or something like that maybe just programming and good with anything digital?

Oh I was recently thinking about my character and his history and he was in IT so should I give him a strength in hacking or something like that maybe just programming and good with anything digital?

Some knowledge of it might help, but making them a master hacker would take too much time out of the characters life to account for other things.

Some knowledge of it might help, but making them a master hacker would take too much time out of the characters life to account for other things.
I was thinking he just picked up a few things not that he was a master

I guess I misunderstood the concept of the rp. I'd like to drop out, but I appreciate the opportunity and hope you find a 6th player!

24 hours before we start the first mission.

Name: Aaron Watts

Nickname: Buck

Appearance:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2d/18/83/2d18831476b9ffdca7692ed0f25d2dea.jpg

Aaron has messy brown hair, green-hazel eyes and a naturally tanned complexion. He stands at 6' and is lean but solidly built with a good amount of muscle. He's ditched the detective suit and tie, his garments now consisting of a long-sleeved black shirt and battered black jeans tucked into similarly black combat boots. When the weather gets colder, he can be seen in a brown bomber jacket with fleece lining, and leather gloves that protect his hands and keep them warm. He has numerous tattoos, usually Latin phrases and surrealist artwork (such as those by H. R. Geiger), in various places on his body ordinarily concealed by his work clothes.

Equipment:

Primary Weapon: Colt AR-15 (basic picture for now, ignore the finer details)
- Chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO
- Beta C-Mag (100-round drum magazine)
- 2-point sling
- EOTech holographic sight and 3X magnifier scope
- Gemtech G5 suppressor (carry-on)

Secondary Weapon: SIG Sauer P226 Equinox
- Chambered in .40 S&W
- Factory front and night sights

Knife: SOG Seal Pup Elite

Special Equipment:
- 2x M84 stun grenades
- 1x blade sharpening kit
- 1x weapon maintenance kit

Survival Equipment:
-
5x MREs
- 2x packs of water purification tablets
- 2x packs of Skittles
- 3x Quest protein bars
- 1x canteen

Previous Occupation: NYPD Homicide Detective

Strengths:
- Martial Arts Enthusiast: Aaron is an avid lover of martial arts, dabbling in many disciplines and picking up bits and pieces from each. That being said, his specialty is Brazilian jiu-jitsu and he employs many of its techniques in close-quarters combat, particularly when a fight goes to the ground.
- Marksman: Having been a cop, Aaron is a decent shot and usually hits his mark.
- Knowledge: His former job as a detective has given him knowledge in a variety of subjects, including forensics and criminal psychology/profiling. He also has a keen investigator's eye.
- Protective: He's fiercely loyal to those he considers friends and loved ones, and will take self-sacrificial methods to save them if so necessary.

Weaknesses:
- Claustrophobic: Aaron hates small, cramped spaces ("hates" being an understatement), and will usually have a panic attack when subjected to a situation when he has to enter one.
- Unaware: When he's focused completely on something, it's easy for him to ignore everything else, which makes it easy for people to sneak up on him from directions he isn't expecting.
- Idealistic: He often doesn't understand or acknowledge the concept of "shades of gray", occasionally making him self-righteous and overzealous regarding certain matters. He's also highly defensive and very easily provoked when someone disagrees with a topic he feels very strongly about.
- Anti-Social: He's...awkward when it comes to interacting with strangers, particularly children, outside of the norms of his occupation. He also finds it extremely difficult to maintain casual conversation, and as such doesn't make friends easily. However, if someone gets past that initial awkwardness, they'll find he makes a loyal buddy.

Brief Biography:
As far back as he'd ever known, Aaron Watts had always wanted to be a cop. What better way was there for him to serve his fellow man? As soon as he got his promotion and his detective's shield, he worked himself to the bone and eventually became the NYPD's biggest case-closer, known for his relentless pursuit of violent criminals and his devotion to the administration of justice. Soon, his achievements caught the eye of the Strategic Homeland Division which promptly took him into its ranks.

Other Information: His nickname, Buck, was taken from the Jack London book Call of the Wild, which he loved as a kid. He received the nickname from his former co-workers at the NYPD for allegedly kissing his precinct captain's ass and being too by-the-book. His co-workers hadn't actually read the heartwarming novel, but slapped him with the name after learning that Watts's favorite fictional character just so happened to be a dog. After that, he begun to take some liberties in his cases, but the name stuck nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Insomnant
Name: Aaron Watts

Nickname: Buck

Appearance:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2d/18/83/2d18831476b9ffdca7692ed0f25d2dea.jpg

Aaron has messy brown hair, green-hazel eyes and a naturally tanned complexion. He stands at 6' and is lean but solidly built with a good amount of muscle. He's ditched the detective suit and tie, his garments now consisting of a long-sleeved black shirt, battered black jeans tucked into similarly black combat boots. When the weather gets colder, he can be seen in a brown bomber jacket with fleece lining, and leather gloves that protect his hands and keep them warm. He has numerous tattoos, usually Latin phrases, in various places on his body usually ordinarily by his work clothes.

Equipment:

Primary Weapon: Colt AR-15 (basic picture for now, ignore the finer details)
- Chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO
- Beta C-Mag (100-round drum magazine)
- 2-point sling
- EOTech holographic sight and 3X magnifier scope
- Gemtech G5 suppressor (carry-on)

Secondary Weapon: SIG Sauer P226 Equinox
- Chambered in .40 S&W
- Factory front and night sights

Knife: SOG Seal Pup Elite

Special Equipment:
- 2x M84 stun grenade
- 1x blade sharpening kit
- 1x weapon maintenance kit

Survival Equipment:
-
5x MREs
- 2x packs of water purification tablets
- 2x packs of Skittles
- 3x Quest protein bars
- 1x canteen

Previous Occupation: NYPD Homicide Detective

Strengths:
- Martial Arts Enthusiast: Aaron is an avid lover of martial arts, dabbling in many disciplines and picking up bits and pieces from each. That being said, his specialty is Brazilian jiu-jitsu and he employs many of its techniques in close-quarters combat, particularly when a fight goes to the ground.
- Marksman: Having been a cop, Aaron is a decent shot and usually hits his mark.
- Knowledge: His former job as a detective has given him knowledge in a variety of subjects, including forensics, and criminal psychology/profiling. He also has a keen investigator's eye.
- Protective: He's fiercely loyal to those he considers friends and loved ones, and will take self-sacrificial methods to save them if so necessary.

Weaknesses:
- Claustrophobic: Aaron hates small, cramped spaces ("hates" being an understatement), and will usually have a panic attack when subjected to a situation when he has to enter one.
- Unaware: When he's focused completely on something, it's easy for him to ignore everything else, which makes it easy for people to sneak up on him from directions he isn't expecting.
- Idealistic: He often doesn't understand or acknowledge the concept of "shades of gray", occasionally making him self-righteous and overzealous regarding certain matters. He's also highly defensive and very easily provoked when someone disagrees with a topic he feels very strongly about.
- Anti-Social: He's...awkward when it comes to interacting with strangers, particularly children, outside of the norms of his occupation. He also finds it extremely difficult to maintain casual conversation, and as such doesn't make friends easily. However, if someone gets past that initial awkwardness, they'll find he makes a loyal buddy.

Brief Biography:
As far back as he'd ever known, Aaron Watts had always wanted to be a cop. What better way was there for him to serve his fellow man? As soon as he got his promotion and his detective's shield, he worked himself to the bone and eventually became the NYPD's biggest case-closer, known for his relentless pursuit of violent criminals and his devotion to the administration of justice. Soon, his achievements caught the eye of the Strategic Homeland Division which promptly took him into its ranks.

Other Information: His nickname, Buck, was taken from the Jack London book Call of the Wild, which he loved as a kid. He received the nickname from his former co-workers at the NYPD for allegedly kissing his precinct captain's ass and being too by-the-book. After that, he begun to take some liberties in his cases, but the name stuck nonetheless.
Accepted. Feel free to post an intro in the IC.

Great, thanks. I also made some minor edits to my profile (removed some typos and added some bits).

Reactions: Killako
Status
Not open for further replies.