The Devil’s Playground

"Sir I don't know what your talking about, I am just an honest shepherd who is looking for my lost sheep" Gin said obviously toying with Louis when he asked if he was an Ace. He peekes out from behind the large sacks of wheat "you see my sheep mister? Her name was Lucy, had a bad leg..." Louis's men open fire causing Gin to duck back down. When Louis spoke about them finding Zullie Gin takes off his hat and removes his eye patch while peeking back up watching as Louis's men moved in closer to him. Gin keeps his head peeked up while slowly sliding his shotgun barrel through two of the stacked sacks. He waits until Louis was finished speaking before firing a shot from his shogun splitting the head of one of Louis's men who was standing infront of him covering Louis with blood. Gin then quickly stands up with both revolvers drawn first shooting two men who were trying to sneak behind another burning tent. He holster one gun and reaches down for his shotgun still firing at the men that were near Louis. One of the men managed to get close and trys to grab Gin only to be met by a shot to the face when he flips the shotgun on his shoulder and fires it point blank. Not wasting no time, Gin begins to circle around Louis making sure to only kill the men surrounding him. By the time Zullie had gotten to them Louis and Gin were both at a stand off. "Over here!" Gin yells keeping his gun trained on Louis ready to kill Louis at any moment. "Oh, you got one" Gin said chucking when he noticed she was dragging someone with her "that means i can kill this one right?...... and yes, I have two eyes" Gin said not bothering to explain since his attention was still on Louis. "Why don't you repeat all that stuff you were talking about earlie, im sure the girl would've like to hear it too"

Zullie dragged the bloody man across towards where Gin was standing. The other man Luis stood there as well covered in the blood of his comrades. Zullie dropped the man next to Gin panting heavily, "You killed everyone!" She said slightly anger by the fact that he didn't wait for her like they originally planned. She suppose it didn't matter as they got their targets and that was all that really mattered to her. Upon seeing Gin without his eyepatch she opened her mouth to question it but was stopped by Gin who brushed it off. "You were talking about me sir? Sorry to have missed, was suppose to be invited but someone over here got eager. Got your friend here" she said rolling over the body of Rozmy, poor man was bloody and covered in so much dirt he was barely recognizable. "Untie me you fucking cunt" he shouted.

Luis aimed his gun back at Gin looking between him and Zullie. "Look, we can talk about this. Why are you caring now huh? Your group? Just like you we are just expanding" he said chuckling. "Leave the girl behind, a man of your skills I'm sure you'll be a great use. Are you really trying to start a war over some puta" he shouted. "You can kill him" Zullie said looking down at Rozmy grabbing her hatchet she went down to the man flipping him on his stomach so she could cradle his waist. She kept her eyes on the man who looked up at her with disgust. "What are you looking at? Luis get this bi-" Zullie grabbed the man's tongue forcing his mouth open as she grabbed her hunting knife cutting his tongue out, gurgle screams could be heard from Rozmy, Luis watched unable to do much. Once his tongue was torn out she threw it at Luis before working on Rozmy face giving Gin a quick look before she went back to his eye tearing through his face the same way she tore through Lucy. She shouldn't have changed as she was soon covered again. "Fucking crazy bitch" Luis said lifting his gun this time aiming at Zullie.

"Gee thanks mister, killing all these guys, helping me kill all these people.... no? Nothing" Gin grumbles to his self still waiting to kill Louis. He lets out a chuckle listening to Zullie taunt Louis with the man she was dragging with her. "Caring? Expanding?" Gin said actually listening to Louis when started to bargin. "Thats a pretty bold statement" waiting until he aimed at Zullie before taking a shot that hits his gun then another that drops Luis to his knees "don't mean to disappoint you Louis, it is Louis right?" Gin said slowly walking up to Louis while he holstered his revolver. He knocks Louis's hat off and grabs him by his hair "well Louis, im begining to think your gang has gotten the wrong idea, Look at me and tell me what do you see? An Ace? Hero to the people? Upholder of law?" Gin question while he slipped his other hand into his pocket pulling out Gold knuckles that looked custom made and punches Louis in the face still holding him up by his hair. "The answer is nothing" Gin said striking Louis again this time breaking some teeth. "I got feeling about you marcos or your gang one way or the other, your like...... your like lint or a bottle cap to us.... something to remove, and forget about" finally letting Louis go and kicks him on his back "expanding hmph" Gin continues to lauph at the thought "you know Luis" Gin said resting his knee on his chest while punching Louis again "you listening? Hey" tapping Louis's face trying to keep him awake before he opens up his vest and pulling out two knives "if God didn't want you lot sheared, he wouldn't have made you sheep" Louis begins to scream in agony while gin reaches down and begins to carefully carve the skin from Louis's face making him beg for Gin to stop. "Come on Louis, you can do better than that!" Gin said moving quicker "come on!, Maybe Marco's will come and save you" Gin doesn't let up until he managed to remove Louis's skin from his face holding it up in the air "there you go, just a little off the top"

The screams slowly died down and soon the two were left surrounded by bodies of bullet ridden people. Getting off of Rozmy, she patted her legs down wiping at her forehead smearing some of the man's blood on her. Looking over to Gin, she could see him finished with his own little project. She stared at him, seeing the thin flap of skin shining against the bright sun. Something came over Zullie, turning around and falling to her knees she puked out whatever she had in her stomach which wasn't much. Once she was done she slowly got up kicking the sand and covering her mess. She coughed wiping her mouth, "That's three of them. All that is left is the man with the red haired lady and Marcos. He must know we are coming especially with the aces on it as well" she said looking back at Gin.

She called for her horse walking over to it, she felt a bit dizzy and her stomach was still in knots. She leaned against her horse taking a shaky breath pressing her forehead against her horse's saddle. She was going through it, she got it. She got those bastard and now she was going to finish it. She looked over at Gin again smiling at him as tears streamed down her face. "Thank you Mister" grabbing the reins of her horse, she got on it wiping at her face again needing to get herself together. She sniffled slowly looking up at the sun seeing a couple of birds fly by. She smacked her horse having it take off to Blackwater. She needed to learn more about Hector, if that was really him. If her brother really was there.... she just didn't know anymore.

Tossing the skin Gin twirls the blades in his hands before planting then into the ground beside Louis's head giving him one last reason to flinch in terror "see?, i just forgot your name" He said standing back and looking at his bloody gloves. Hearing Zullie begin to vomit he turns to look at her and watches how she carries her self. "They underestimate you" Gin responded when Zullie spoke of there next targets and Marco's. He takes off his gloves and tosses then onto Louis before Whistleing for his horse "ya don't ment...." Seeing Zullie start to cry when she thanked him he turns to face her holding up one hand as ready to stop her but she had already hopped on her horse and rode away. He waited for his horse and immediately chases after her. "Hey Zullie, wait up...hey " He said finally catching up to her reaching over and taking her reigns to slow her horse "whoa, easy" he commands her horse while stopping both horses before climbing down from his horse "you alright zullie ?" Gin questioned with a little concern in his voice but when he finally got to look in her eyes he lets out a sigh while putting his head down "come here" He said practically making her get off her horse before pulling her in for a hug "if you need cry just cry idiot" He said holding her tightly but in a comfortable way not wanting her to not hold any thing in "I ain't gonna laugh at you" He holds her until the sound of thunder roaring in the distance. Shortly after rain begins to drizzle down on the two making Gin look up "come on lets get to town before the rain starts getting heavier, ge.." still hugging Zullie his eyes shoot open seeing Zullie's new horse amazed how she had already made it look like how Bec looked when they first met. He clears his throte "lets let your horse rest, come on" he said picking Zullie on his horse before getting on behind her holding her while he rode into blackwater. He rides for the inn but is met by a police officer who helps him tie there horse's to a post.
"Um, we've done what you asked sir, but the chief was wondering why do you think there will be an attack? I mean hear?"
It was true, you would be a fool of a criminal if you even thought about attacking Blackwater since it being the most modern town in the west even the worst criminals avoided. "The Ace's will be on perimeter watch till morning, so I expect it to be a quiet night" Gin said climbing down before picking off Zullie and carrying her in a bridal postion "i will pesersonaly see to it that it is sir" the officer said saluting Gin with a prideful look that he got the moment Gin mentioned the other Ace's. "Thanks James"
"Uh... its Steven sir" Gin takes Zullie into the inn ordering her a room with the usual set up, a bath and a meal along with more pairs of cloths. He had been traveling with Zullie so long, it had been became a usual thing for him, even remembering Zullie's size and the type of clothes she preferred even the foods she seemed to like. He sits her on the bed and helps her strip down to her knickers before carrying her to the bath slowly putting her down into the warm water and starts to clean her up. The rain had picked up over blackwater, moving over the town like a wall, the drops were drumming against the roofs of buildings. It had picked up so fast that the drumming had blurred into one long, whirring noise that silenced the noise from the town. When Gin begins to clean Zullie's face he dips the rag into the water wiping away the blood "you know you don't have to be ok" Gin said looking into her eyes.

Zullie was fine with riding back but Gin didn't allow her getting her to stop before she could go too far. She looked at him wiping at her eyes and trying to shake her head in denial but Gin was a lot stronger than her able to stop and pull her down, she didn't expect him to hug her. Hearing him say she could cry released some tension in her as she buried her face into his chest sobbing into it. She hugged at his waist squeezing him tightly. She didn't realize it was raining until Gin stated that the rain was coming down on them. She looked back at her horse as well seeing the exhausted look in its eyes. "Well, I thought you were going to blow through everything before I got there. I had to rush" she tried to defend herself although seeing how horse look she did feel bad. She would have to grab some provisions for her horse Nyx, she didn't need it dying on her as well. She was about to let Gin get on his horse first but did not expect him to push her on first and get on behind her still holding her.

Once back in town Zullie hopped off the horse ready to get some rest and maybe even some company when Gin decided to pick her up instead carrying to the inn. "G-Gin" she said looking embarrassed. She wasn't expecting him to act like this, she knew he wasn't cold. She remember the first time she got hurt and then the second time. Each time he was careful with her and she could see he was being careful with her again. In the room she tried to protest against him helping with her cloth but he seemed insist in it undressing herself down to her undergarments. She knew he had already seen her scars from before but it was still distressing for her to be so exposed to him like this again. Sitting in the bathtub, silence sat between them as the rain continued to pour outside. Zullie started at the wall in front of her, only turning her head when Gin brought the rag to her face wiping away at the blood speaking again.

She stared back into his eyes when he said she didn't have to be okay. She felt a lump grow in her throat and she reached up putting her hand on his. "Mis- Gin, I.... well..." Zullie said her cheeks warming as she looked away letting her hand slip back down and into the water. "I'm alright" she said leaving behind the words she wanted to say. "I'm okay, I'm just tired. Those men, Lucy, Hector, I just need some rest" she said no longer looking at him.

"I know your alright, your strong" Gin said finishing up Zullie's face "but you don't have to be ok" Gin repeated again this time with a sincere voice. He leaves the rag on the side of the tub standing backup "well you've earned it, get your rest,i rented the rooms until tomorrow,im in the room across if you need anything, make sure you eat something.... please" Gin said standing up and putting his hat back on before heading to the door "Zullie.... you know you can ask me to leave at any moment right? I have no doubt you can take care off your self, and I don't want to be a thorn in your side, all you need do is ask" turning to give her a warm smile. while he left the room and entered his room to take his own bath. While Gin finally had some quiet time of his own, he could not help but feel bad for Zullie, he had wanted her to exceed his expectations so much, he had turned a blind eye to how old Zullie was, deep down he knew this life wasn't ment for someone like her, but she had seemed a little to broken to live a normal life yet the world he saw through his own eyes after the death of his family would never take Pitty on Zullie. Although Gin never really admitted to her that Zullie was actually the one who saved him and not the other way around. Only he knew what he would of done to Beau that day if Zullie hadn't charged in, the pent up anger he was going to take out on some one like Beau would definitely gotten him in trouble with the law, maybe even turn the Ace's against him. Just thinking about it broke his heart since Zullie would be another person he wanted to save but couldn't.

"I know you're alright, you're strong. But you don't have to be okay"

His words cut through her like a knife, she could feel another round of tears but managed to hold them back looking down at the bath water that had gone brown due to the dirt and blood. She lifted her head up when Gin got up listening to him instructing her to rest and have a good meal. She couldn't help but smile a bit at this even more when he had to say please when mentioning eating. Looking down at herself, she wasn't as skinny as before. Still underweight for sure especially with the amount of running she does but was at least not sickly like before. "I'll make sure to get a hot meal Gin. Don't you worry" she said chuckling. She was about to get out of the tub when Gin spoke again, she looked at him her brows furrowed a bit, but her face relaxed when he smiled at her again

Once he was gone Zullie let out a long breath getting out of the bathroom and walking over to the bed where Gin had left new cloth for her. She looked at what he picked admiring that he seemed to know what she liked. She stroked the material lightly before grabbing the cloth throwing them on. Once clothed she headed downstairs to grab some grub. Being in this town made Zullie a bit uncomfortable, so many police men and not to mention she never liked Blackwaters in the first place. Didn't really come here with her father, they tried to avoid this place as much as possible. She tried to finish her food quickly but found herself almost getting sick again so instead slowed down making sure to keep an eye around her just in case.

Once she was done Zullie made her way back upstairs heading over to her room before stopping at the door. She looked behind her and at Gin's door. Walking over to his door she knocked politely before entering anyways opening his door. "Gin, I hope I'm not disturbing you. If I'm honest with you I'm very uncomfortable being here. Too many lawman around here, although made to follow the law. They don't always do. I was wondering" Zullie walked over to his bed sitting at the floor besides it. "Well I was wondering if I could stay with you for a bit. I wanted to speak to you more about what you said earlier and well I guess I have some questions too" she said leaning back on the bed. "I wanted to thank you first of all because of you I'm finally able to confront the men who took everything from me. I know what I did today and my reaction may not seem like it but like you said I'm strong. I'll get stronger and soon I'm sure I'll get used to the blood and the gore eventually. Just please don't go" she said pausing for a second. "N-Not that I think you'll go I just mean the next time we go. If we really are going to hunt my brother down then don't do what you did today and rush in without me. You can't protect me from that and you can't take this as your responsibility only. You're human as well" she said turning to look at him getting on her knees as she faced him. "Why did you do what you did today? Impatient? Anxious? Uncaring? This is important for me to face just like what you faced in your own revenge. Don't feel guilty for something you never had control over in the first place"

Laying down in his bed Gin stares st the ceiling trying unwind from the chaotic week they had been having. Hearing a lock on the door, he lifts his head but layed it back down when he sees it was Zullie "no your fine" slowly sitting up and leaning back on the bedpost to listen to Zullie. He gives her a nod fully understanding Zullie's point about the law men. "You have a valid point, that's why I lied to them and mentioned the other Ace's, the only thing that may bother you tonight is the quiet"
He raises an eyebrow hearing Zullie mentioned having questions but starts off thanking him. "Don't mention it" He said putting his head down in guilt hearing how optimistic Zullie was about getting better at what he did. "So you understand what I've been trying to do" letting out a slight chuckle while he shook his head finally having some real conformation that she knew he ment well. "Confidence" Gin said with a honest tone while he looked her in her eyes. "...I'm trying to sound cocky Zullie, its just, I've been killing people like this all my life, and to be honest my revenge was short lived just because of it, but Zullie" He said moving closer to Zullie to put his hand on her shoulder. "I told you, its not the revenge you need to be worrying about, but if your worrying that I'm going to take that revenge, you can put that to rest because that is the last thing I mean to do, but if gives you a general idea of how I feel when you charge into fights yourself" He said holding out his hand "now, I recall you shooting me in the shoulder once, its only fair so let me see your pistol" he said smirking before beginning to chuckle "im kidding" he said leaning back on his bedpost and reaching for a bottle of whiskey that was on his dresser "and Zullie, thanks"

Zullie listened to Gin speak taking in everything he said with such confidences she could almost write a book about it, when he touched her shoulder she clenched her fist looking up at Gin who stared at her so intensely that she could almost feel the need to pull away less she be intimidated. She tensed up again when he mentioned her shooting him once, "I-Um" she tried to begin only to be embarrassed by Gin's chuckle seeing he was only teasing her. She blushed slightly watching him reach for a bottle thanking her as he did. She frowned climbing onto the bed and grabbing the bottle from him. "What is there to thank me for?" She asked looking at him and then taking a drink of the whiskey making a face afterwards before sitting next to Gin leaning her head on his shoulder. "There's no need to thank me" she said taking another swig wrinkling her nose but preventing Gin from drinking some more. "You don't need this" she said drinking some more burping a bit. "Oh goodness, this is terrible" she said laughing.

Gin lets out a sigh when Zullie snatched his bottle from his hand right befor he could take a sip. "Careful, that ain't for....kids" starting to chuckle when seeing Zullie's sour face after bodly took a sip. Gin watches her with an amused look but continues to chuckle hearing her say that he did not need it. He waits until she go's in for another sip, to lean over towards his dresser to pull out another bottle from the top drawer "well I ain't suppose to be sweet" popping off the cap from his new bottle and taking a good swig shrugging his shoulders at Zullie once again showing off the annoying thing he did by always being prepared. "You should stick to wine or rum, something sweet, leave the fire to the connoisseurs" Gin said taking one more sip but this time seemimg like he enjoyed the taste. "Thats a French word I learned from up north.... don't really know what it means but I like the way it sounds" Gin said beginning to lauph

"I'm not a kid geez stop calling me that" Zullie grumbled letting out a small smile afterwards. Seeing another bottle appear Zullie rose an eyebrow, "Do you have a whole bar underneath that bed of yours?" She teased climbing over to him to look on the other side of the bed chuckling and turning to look at him again. "Well I suppose nothing more to say then cheers" she said clinging her bottle with his taking another swig and making another face putting the bottle down already feeling lightheaded going back to leaning against Gin who was speaking again. She watched him speak seeing the way his face shift as he laughed. She really enjoyed the way he laughed, she didn't realize how wonderful it was to hear another person's laugh. "Conn....oisse....ur" Zullie slurred the words laughing and shaking her head. "You know French?" She teased wrapping her arms around his right arm pressing her cheek onto his shoulder. She hummed happily already feeling the alcohol course through her as she got comfortable with Gin.

"Missster Gin?" Zullie said hiccuping rubbing her eyes as she sat up leaning over to grab her bottle drinking more from it no longer making too much of a face after drinking it. "Why do you wear an eyepatch if you have boooth eyes" she said poking his cheek. "This whole time I thought you had one eye!" She shouted before covering her mouth giggling, "Sorry" she whispered getting close to him again resting her head on his shoulder again. "Sadie told me a... a lot about the gang and you....."

"Lucy, your wife I mean and your child. What were they like? My parents well more like my mother was kind at least kinder than my father. I miss them a lot"
she said her eyes watering. "So..Sorry" she said rubbing at her eyes pulling back again. "I should....I should get back to my room. Ar...Are there any women of nights here. Goddamn blackwaters" she muttered to herself as she wobbled over to the door. "Go...*burp* od night" she said looking back at him with a smile.

"Cheers" Gin said clacking his bottle with Zullie's while she took a seat next to him. "Comes with the job" he answers when Zullie asked if he could speak French. He pulls away chuckling when she began to poke his cheek "alright alright" he said pushing her finger away "its because I wanted to challenge my self i guess" He said rubbing his neck a little embarrassed since no one really questioned his eye patch before but winced when she decided to yell into his ear. "She did did she? Gin said trying to get comfortable again "well my wife ..... she was" finding it difficult to talk about his family, Gin takes a another swig from his bottle luckily Zullie had forgotten about her own question and opened up a little about her own family. He rubs her back trying to comfort her "I understand, there's nothing to be sorry for" Gin said letting her pull away again. "Just try to get some sleep" offering her one last piece of advice when she stood back up.
"Zullie, si jamais ça devient trop pour toi gamin, je peux t'éloigner de tout ça, recommencer quelque part" speaking French to Zullie not knowing what it would mean "it means good night" he quickly said before she could ask what it ment.

Zullie stopped at the door looking serious for a moment slowly turning to look at him. "The French have a weird way of saying good night" she left after that walking into her room and getting into bed not getting up until she naturally woke up. She must have been too exhausted to dream or perhaps there just wasn't much to dream about that wouldn't end in nightmare but when she woke up it was probably midday and Zullie almost forgot what day it was and where she was in the first place. When she finally gained her senses she sat up in the bed looking around. She was alone..... no strange woman nor was she in Gin's room. Relief seem to enter her and she relaxed back into the bed for a moment letting out a long sigh. What a day she had yesterday and now she had to keep going today. Swallowing hard she got herself out of bed readying herself for the day combing her hair and making sure it stayed out of her face. Once done she left her room going over to Gin's room where she was unsure of whether he would even be in there considering she had been asleep all morning. "Mister?" She knocked on his door yawning and stretching out her muscles.

Gin's door opens, but it was not Gin who had answered the door, it was two woman who were a little shocked to see Zullie "oh you must be the one Mister Gin spoke about, he left a few hours ago said he would be ..." "how was your sleep?" Gin said Itnterupting the two girls while he walked up the stairs behind Zullie. "I was just coming to wake you, come on i have food waiting down stairs, the quicker we eat the quicker we can get going" Gin said before tipping his hat at the two woman wearing clothes that made them seem like they weren't from the west. "Ladys" he said making the woman giggle while walked back down revealing a new rifle on his back "good hunting" one of the girls said to Zulliewhile she closed the door on Zullie. Gin takes a seat at one of the tables that had been covered in food with waiters still bringing more food out waiting for Zullie to take a seat. "Eat up" resting his gun to his side before digging into some eggs "I tried waking you earlier, you bit me" he said showing her his wrist with the bite mark still there. "I ended up going on on a few bounties this morning, oh and by the way... I got you a new horse, its a war horse so it should be able to handel better than the others"

Zullie blinked as the two women appeared from inside Gin's room. She blushed lightly wondering if she just stepped into something she shouldn't have but was reassured it was far from over when Gin came up the stairs. "My sleep was fine" she said eyeing Gin and then the women again crossing her arms as she rose an eyebrow. She said nothing as she followed Gin down the stairs Zullie giving the women one quick look before hoping down towards Gin pushing him lightly. "Well look at you Mister. Glad I got out of your room sooner then expected or else i would have ruined your fun" she said laughing a bit. Seeing the food she went over to the table sitting down and gazing at the breakfast in front of her. "Thanks Gin" she said giving him a cheeky smile as she began to eat making sure to not eat too fast she didn't want to get sick again. She listened to him speak getting embarrassed when he mentioned she bit him, "Oops, sorry Mister. Guess you broke your promise though that's good. Didn't shoot me despite saying if I ever got these chompers near you would" she said chuckling. Going back to eating the door to the inn swung open as heavy footsteps entered the inn. Zullie turned her head, almost going pale at the sight.

bwzixoas42121.jpg
looked around the room seeing Gin standing by a table filled with a meal almost fit for a family along with a young girl. He made his way towards the two each step leaving a loud creaking sound. Once at the table Gerald let out a loud laugh as he took Gin into a hug. "My boy, you're back and in action I see! Where have you been? Hm? What brings you in Blackwater? Heard you were helping some broad" he chuckled

"Ya well I thought about it" Gin said teasingly as he continued to eat. "What? Don't tell me your not hu...." wondering why Zullie had a shook look on her face. In fact the the whole building had gone quiet, it was only when he herd Gerald did he understand what was going on. It was like everything he planned to say just went out the window, all this time he thought he had been looking for this man yet he jumped at any excuse not to. He puts his spoon down trying his hardest to swallow what was in his mouth since it was nearly impossible to do it when he had instantly lost his appetite. He forces it down using water and wipes his mouth with a Handkerchief before dropping it down on his plate. Hearing Gerald call him his boy made him close his eyes and tense up before blowing some air from his nose while he looked at Gerald with a look of disbelief while he shook his head and turned back to look at Zullie "we were just leaving" he said getting back up and leave. Only Gerald didn't let him by taking hold of Gins Shoulder making him suddenly push Gerald up against the wall "where were you!?" Gin said snapping but still managing to keep his tone down. "Where were you?" Beginning to look more hurt than angry. "I did everything that was expected of me, every God dam thing" his hands began to shake before quickly letting Gerald go "you told me to come to you when ever I needed you, but I never did until our last poker game, you remember that?, I asked you to look after that family up near grivers lake..... then why are they dead!?....why did I had to hear about it from a deadbeat sheriff?, the same ones you always told me we couldn't tru...." Gin stops talking putting his head down to take a deep breath taking all his will power to bite his tongue and get his emotions in check. "Its my fault" Gin said shaking his head while he stepped back from Gerald "It was suppose to be a surprise ya know" reaching into his pocket and pulling out a state marshall badge and handing it to Gerald "like you wanted? An honest law man, every thing you asked, I did it, so why couldn't you do that one thing for me?, did you even go to see who it was? Did you even care?, it wasn't like anyone asked you to, I asked you, your boy?" Gin trys to say fighting back some tears "was she just another dumb cunt to you?, my Lucy..... raped infront of her son, then shot dead like a dog all because they weren't worth your time" Gin said turning to grab onto Zullies arm and force her to walk towards the exit not wanting any confrontation between the two "get the horses ready to move" He said before returning his attention to Gerald ready to take his licks like the man gerald raised him to be. "Get it over with so I can go make you proud " almost sounding exactly like Gerald even adding in the twisted humor by adding three more words.

Zullie says nothing looking down at the table as Gerald spoke loudly, too loud for her especially in this damn saloon. Hearing Gin let out a sound she carefully looked up to see the look on his face. He was looking at Gerald and instead of kindness or compassion it almost looked like he was disgusted. When he looked back at her, she almost jumped feeling as though she saw something she wasn't suppose to see. At the mention of leaving Zullie got up uncertain of what to do.

"Leaving? Leaving where my bo-" Gerald was shoved against the wall with such force it actually seemed to shock the old man. His eyes widen and he looked at Gin with a look of confusion but soon washed over when Gin spoke up. The corner of his lip twitched upward as Gin shouted in his face about his family about his Lucy.

Zullie went towards Gin not really sure what she was going to do but she just felt like he needed someone to be there for him. Hearing him and seeing how hurt he was. The betrayal and the hurt he had in his eyes she could understand that. She was able to grab his arm when he instead turned to her grabbing her and pulling her over to the exit nearly tumbling as she did. "Gin" she said softly to him looking up at his face only for his attention to shift back to Gerald who remained by the wall that Gin had so gracefully pushed him to.

Seeing the badge Gin looked at it giving a slight scoff. He looked up at the man he called son before walking towards him. "Are you finished yet? Is everything you needed to say to me said? You're wrong about something though, it isn't your fault. It's mine... I should have been there, there for you before you met that damn distraction. You lie, you didn't do everything I asked of you. I told you no family, no lovers, nothing. In our line of work you know that is putting a target over anyone you've cared about. What I did was a favor for you. Look at you now Gin, my son you are racing through town to town striking fear in anyone hearts. Do you realize the power you have, you've become everything I dreamed of being. Your family was holding you back, women always hold you back. Nothing good for use other than making small snot nose kids who eventually grow and become useless but not you" he said smirking. He didn't seem bothered by the fact that Gin lost his family nor the horrific details that they went through right before their untimely death.

He took a step towards Gin, stopping when he was right in front of him. He looked down at the man he raised along with other brute and cold attitude. "You want me to beat you? Hm?" He said grabbing him by his face and bringing it close to his, Gin could smell his breath which had the lingering smell of old whiskey and ash. "I ain't gonna beat you, this life of yours already has done enough of that. What I want you to get through that thick skull of yours is no distractions. None of those, you don't need it. You can still be the man I want you to be. I came back for you and only you. I was done with this life, thinking of retiring but seeing you, hearing what you've done" he said laughing loudly. "Damn Gin, you've turned into the devil yourself. Skinning faces, tearing through whores with no remorse. It's beautiful! The Aces are known and feared because of you" he said squeezing his cheek slightly. "I heard you were looking for Muerte Verde, that gang is a nasty one. Got a couple of them as bounties but you, I heard you got the big ones. I'm here to help, I want to see how've you've grown. Want to make me proud then I'll be right besides you when you take off that bastard's head"

Gin lowers his head listening to the man he once confined it once again showing how much of a bastard he could be. "Hmph" Gin shaking his head and pushing Geralds fingers away from his cheek while he joined Gerald in his lauph before reaching up to fix Geralds shirt "I get it" Gin said putting a hand on Geralds shoulder holding it firmly while he looked Gerald in his eyes
"Thank you, when life was blurry you made it clear, you gave me my confidence, because of you I got a clear conscience, because you I ain't scared of monsters" letting out a chuckle when he said it. "So wether your proud or not I needed to see you regardless.... remember when we use to say when we would retire and have a greatfull america buy us that boat? Sail around the world, well its coming, only i don't think I will get to join you" not helping but give Gerald a sad smile. "While I was up in Washington, I learned what most of the world really thought about us down here... so that badge wouldn't help, so I had to find another way" Gin said right as Wallace walked into the the building. With a big smile on his face. "Ha! You fucking kid you did it" Wallace said over joked while he shook Gin "Drinks! you really did good with him Gerald" Wallace said walking up to the bar to get drinks for them "just got word from Annesburg, two trains loaded with them boys from up state, this is going to be good HAHA"
Hearing the news, Gin removes his hand from geralds shoulder surprised that the plan he and Wallace had set up was moving faster then he expected. "I need to go, if you really want to help , then meet me in Rhodes in two days" Gin said walking to the door but stops "even after all the trouble you caused me, I can't hate you...dad" Gin said walking out of the building and rushing Zullie to get on her new horse and ride off with him continuing there hunt for the Gang they were looking for. "if we are going to find these people I think I know an easier way"

Gerald smiled at Gin almost manically especially hearing him laugh with him. He didn't even react with hurt when he pushed his fingers away. He could only look back into the eyes of the man he help create. Gerald was a bastard, he knew he was and he was unapologetic about it although he told himself, he would never have a son, never have a wife when Gin came to him as a child and his father died did Gerald foolishly convinced himself that he would raise Gin as if he was his own. Every scream, every hit, every punishment Gerald gave was meant to strength Gin, make him into the man Gerald could never be, the man none of the old ACEs could ever be. That was what Gin was, the only dream Gerald had and it would soon come true. "You get it, the boy gets it" he said chuckling again. The smile fade when Gin spoke about their old dream and how he would not join him. "What are you talking about another way?" He asked for a second a wave of worry passed over Gerald but it was quickly swallowed away when Wallace entered the room shouting loudly. This pulled Gerald away from him as he walked towards the bar the mention of drinks causing him to leave. Still those words did linger on his mind, he just planned on drinking it into oblivious. "I did do good with him didn't I?" He said grabbing a drink looking over at Gin. "In two days then" he said giving him a nod and toast. Once Gin was gone Gerald turned towards the bar downing the first drink down before looking over at Wallace, "You're paying for the drink you old bastard"

Gerald looked back at the door where Gin had just called him dad. He scoffed shaking his head, he was too soft with the boy.

Zullie's turned when Gin came out of the saloon, his expression was hard and as he rushed her to her horse she had to put a hand on his chest stopping him. "Wow, wow, wow, slow your horses Mister. Are... Are you okay?" She asked giving him a hug not caring if he didn't want one. She hugged his waist placing her head on his chest. "Mister, you're strong but that doesn't mean you have to be okay" she repeated the same words he said to her, looking up at him, her eyelashes fluttering as the rain fell down onto her face. Her hair stuck to her face and she shivered a bit, Gin being another source of warmth for her at the moment. "We don't need to go now. We can wait, you don't need to tell me what happened back in there in fact..... I need to go. By myself. I need to find Hector, I have to find out the truth but I can't bring you with me. I was selfish, I brought you into this on lies and time after time I disappointed you but not this time. I can do this, I know you think I'm an idiot and useless but I can do this. You can't be there Gin. I know you try to protect me and you do but you can't protect me from this. If my brother was involved in this then I don't want you to be there. I don't want you to hear just the same way I heard about Lucy, your wife. You're in pain Mister, don't bear anymore that you don't need to" she said placing a hand on his cheek. "I'll come back, two days right? Two days, give me those two days and I'll come back. I don't know what you have plan but I'm afraid I'm not apart of that at least not yet" she said pulling back calling her horse. She turned back to look at him, the rain continuing to pour down hard on them. "I'll make you proud of me Mister Gin. You'll see"

Last edited: