The deserted wanderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip opened her eyes slightly, allowing only a peek of the strangers to be seen by her. She holds her suitcase up. "I have my stuff here..and this ship SHOULD be equipped with some stuff somewhere..flares, rope, a canteen..bread maybe.."

"Flares we have. 2, to be precise. Rope is also here, though not as much as I'd like. No canteens though, nor any food. Otherwise, we have 2 plastic oars and a large roll of waterproof tape which I assume is to be used incase the boat gets a puncture. I have a knife on my person, and a small firearm, although I honestly doubt any hostile creatures live this far out. The only sharks that inhabit these waters are krill-feeders."

Tip sighs, opening her eyes to get a full glimpse of Florence and Jess. She sighs. "I think I have a few snacks or something..is there a fishing hook too? We might get some fish...if we're lucky. Unfortunately, the sharpest object I have in my bag is a pair of scissors." She peers off into the water and cringes at the floating debris.

Jessica nodded. "Okay, so things could be worse. I guess when we hit land the first priority is going to be food and water and shelter if we land somewhere unpopulated." She looks to the man with white hair. "How do you know so much about this area?"

"That's only IF we hit land. We could drift forever. Hopefully, we'll float close enough to land that we can use the oars to paddle there, though. As for how I know so much about this area? Well, that's something you don't need to know."

Jessica sighed and shook her head at that. "What's with all the mystery? I can understand somethings, but not even giving us a name?" She looked around to see if she could see anything other than a vast expanse of water.

"Tsch" The man made a noise of disapproval. "Fine. I tell you my name and you trust my judgement and stop asking questions about me."

Jessica shrugged. "Alright. you know our names already anyway. Just tell us." She would need to trust him if they were going to get out of this alive.

Tip's face suddenly saddened and she had a mix of anger and seriousness to her face. "What's so bad about secrets, huh? I mean, you guys MUST know my birth name isn't Tip, right..?" She put both of her knees up to her face, she leaned forward on them. "Everyone's got secrets. Some prefer keeping small ones, like their name.." She gave a fake smile to the white haired boy.
"Some keep...bigger things a secret. And does it really matter? We can always give him a painfully stupid nickname until he actually tells us." Tip suggested bluntly, changing the subject.

Jessica looked at Tip. "While that may be true, we need to be able to trust each other to get through this. And means getting minor stuff like names out in the open." She looked and saw land way off in the distance. "Hey, look!" she pointed in it's direction. "I think we can get to that island by morning, if we shoot for it."

"I'm sure you couldn't come up with anything worse than Florence though. What kind of person names a boy Florence!? Idiots. That's who."

"Oh yeah? Well who names their child Amity..? It's..it's just stupid." Tip said quietly. "It's worse than your name.." Tip looks down at the bottom of the boat. "Who would make such a dumb name..?"

Jessica looks at them. "Uh, guys? Land in the distance? We could get there by morning?" She points in the direction of the land again. "It might be kinda important for us to get there, you know. Seeing as we have next to no supplies and it's the only land we've seen so far? Let's not talk about names right now."

"Shut up, you. Can't you see we're sulking over here? And besides, you can see the oars cant you? Row yourself if you want to. I don't see why we should be expected to do it for you."

Jessica smirked at that. "Because there's no way I'm rowing this thing by my self, Mr. Lazy. And know you did not just tell me to shut up. Grab an oar and start paddling, or I'm going to have to hit you with mine."

Tip nods. "If you're so anxious, do it yourself. Can't you see that we're socializing?"

"May I remind you who has the flare gun, who has the only knife, who has the only fire arm and likely who is the only one trained in combat? And may I remind you that given the circumstances and the fact that any minute we could plunge to our deaths, as you can imagine, I might not be in the mood for jokes. Sorry if I'm being a bit of a downer, but when you're in my profession you tend to be a cynical asshole. I volunteer you two to row. I want to make sure the flares are going to work and I don't trust anyone else to not accidentally set one off. As you can imagine, that would mean the end for all of us."

Jessica nodded. "Alright, you have a point. Grab an oar, Tip. We're getting to safety and I'm not in the mood for you making light of the situation." She pushes an oar over to Tip, then starts rowing herself.

"As much as I want to be on land, I don't believe anyone made you captain, or a leader. Am I not allowed to share my feelings, miss? Am
I not allowed to socialize with him? Is there any shame..? I will gladly row with you, but a please would be nice..!" Tip smiles and grabs an oar.

"If anyone's captain around here it's me. Because I'm the only one who actually has a vague idea about what we should do. Now, don't bug me. This is delicate work and I highly doubt you want 3000 degree Celsius metal on the floor of this boat."

Status
Not open for further replies.