The deserted wanderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The faint rain quickly turned into a rain heavy enough for most of the people to return below decks. Florence, however, had been looking forward to this since he had seen the thundercloud, and for the first time on this godforsaken voyage, he came out from under the cover of something. The rain splashed on the deck and on the blue canvas that had been pulled over the pool to prevent contamination, creating one of his favourite sounds - the monotonous hum of water colliding with metal. The water was warm, as he had expected of a tropical storm, but it was still pleasant. He found the contrast of the rain around him and the sunlight in the distance oddly pleasing, and the lightning that pealed across the sky above him only added to that image.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Justin/Joker
Jessica got to the door to the deck and noticed it was raining. Well, that's out then. Too bad I haven't had a chance to get much sun yet on this trip, she thought as she watched the droplets fall. Her stomach growled slightly. Maybe she would go to the dining room to get some food instead if she couldn't find anything else to do.

Tip cradled herself in the corner of a small space by the entrance to the outside, clutching what felt like her rib cage. She was, unfortunately, cursed with the burden of skinniness, and looked like a black and white rail from a distance.

She spotted Florence in the distance and almost chuckled at his wet appearance. She kicked at the floorboard and sighed. "Guess I'm not the only person with white hair.." She murmured as she began to look up toward the cloudy sky.

Justin was eating rather slowly, nibbling his food. He seemed to be thinking as well.

The rain outside started to really pick up.

Tip sighed again, her breaths becoming shorter. "Dammit, why today rain..?" She whispered rather loudly. She kept walking until she was inside and muttered something as she bumped into frantic passengers. A strange tinge of suspicion set in as Tip observed the environment around her. Many people clutched their loved ones in fear and others carried luggage and orange vests.

Whatever... She thought to herself.

Florence noticed the wind had begun to pick up. No doubt, that also meant waves. He stood there for a little while longer, until the waves were sufficiently high that they broke above the deck's barrier and threw saltwater over the floor. At this point, he went back inside, passing a creature on the way that had similar hair to his own. He walked briskly, and there was an obvious anger to his stride.

As he took a certain step, a bolt of lightning threw itself down so close that the thunder accompanied it immediately, and even the dim area was lit as if it were day. He shut turned and shut the heavy iron door, before storming off once more. "Got to get to the center. I didn't get this far to be defeated by mere rain." he muttered as he walked.

He had barely reached the foot of the staircase before the main lights were turned off and replaced by the red glow of hazard lights. A voice rang out over a PA system, alerting the passengers of the situation. "So. The main engine has been damaged, huh? Guess it's back up to the deck after all."

Jessica hurried out on to the deck. Passengers were running everywhere. She found a man with white hair who seemed to know what he was doing. "Hey, what's going on? What should we do?"

Tip felt small driplets of water splatter across her face as Florence passed her. Her skin immediately got even more pale, and goose bumps began rippling across her body, making her hairs stand on end.
She looked outside and almost puked at what she saw: enormous waves engulfing the deck she once stood on. She stood back from the window and retreated to her cabin, the only place that at least seemed to be safe. She gathered all her clothes, which consisted only of bland sweatshirts, jeans, leggings and plain colored shirts., all of which are long sleeved.

She didn't have much, but she crammed it all into 2 suitcases and got her vest which hung idly on the door. "This is just....perfect..!" She said rather loudly. After a mess of heavy breathing and rubbing her temples, she calmed herself and grabbed her items. "Calm down..."

"What's going on? You've never been on a boat before?" He grabbed the girl's wrist as the boat swayed after the peak of a wave, and several people fell into the ocean. "What's happening is that this boat is sinking. Given the size of the main engine, I reckon there's a maximum of 6 minutes until this deck is underwater completely. There aren't enough crew left, either, so evacuation will probably have to be done manually. Here, help me with this raft". He had walked towards a lifeboat winch that looked to be unused.

Jessica nodded and went to work helping him. "I have been on a boat before, but not one like this. Had I'd been paying for the Titanic experience, I wouldn't have bought my ticket." She looked around to see if there was anyone else that could help them. "Should I go grab some people to come with us?"

"No time. Signal if you want, but don't stop pressing that button." He pointed towards a very obvious, very red button on the side of the winch, before climbing the support pillar and jumping into the bright orange boat, to analyse what exactly was in it in way of supplies.

Jessica climbed into the lifeboat and waved her arms. "Hey! Anyone that needs a way off the ship get on now!" she called at the top of her lungs. She hoped that someone, anyone, heard her over the storm and panic. "Come on, people! I'm only trying to keep you from drowning!"

Tip ran out and, seeing the life boat, jumped on immediately, having no regards for the other passengers. She caught her breath and looked at the others. She stuck out her hand and gave her friendliest of smiles.
"My friends call me Tip." She paused and chuckled. "If I had any friends.."

Jessica frowned. "Jessica. But my friends call me Jess." She didn't like how this girl could joke like that in the middle of this situation.

"My name is unimportant." Florence said simply, as he turned. Another male entered the raft, and almost simultaneously, an explosion shook the boat and a column of thick black smoke rose from the opposite side of the boat. "We're out of time." He leaned out over the edge and pressed the second button on the winch. The hooks released their grasp on the vessel, and it plummeted down to the sea below. Another lightning bolt streaked across the sky. From this angle, one could really tell how much damage the boat had already taken - it was already a good two-thirds below the waterline.

Tip retracted her hand and stuffed it in her pocket. She clutched the ship for dear life and closed her eyes and tried to pretend she was on some sort of roller coaster, or something...not death related. She sighed and spoke under her breath. "Guess that's what a mutant like me gets for running off.."

Jessica tried to keep herself from screaming as the lifeboat hit the water. She knew that freaking out would not help things. "I hope you know what you're doing!" This was just her luck, too. At least she had managed to help save some others.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. Then again, neither does anyone else. I recommend we try and head for calmer water." He pointed with one hand, towards a patch of sunlight. The eye of the storm? "This won't let up any time soon, so it's pretty much every man for himself. All we can do is try and keep this boat the right way up. I hope the other vessels have the same objective."

Tip nodded, her eyes still closed. "Good idea.." She still tried remaining happy as she breathed in the heavy fumes of the salty water,

Though she wasn't looking anywhere, her head was facing down. She didn't wish to see the sinking cruise ship, or any of the frightening environment around her in that matter. "Lets just...think positively.."

Jessica tried to relax and not look at the wreckage either. "Did anyone at least manage to grab some supplies? Who knows how long we'll be out here and where we'll hit land." She knew they would need to be prepared for any eventuality. She herself had only managed to escape with the clothes she was wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.