The Depth Online

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rallia
28/28 HP | 2/20 MP | 3/10 EXP

'Dammit he pulled the privacy card!' Rallia thought to herself. "Fine. I guess." She replied. "Let's just act like this never happened. Okay?" She said to Blank and Tecumesh as she followed Tecumesh's lead to town. Rallia was still furious about what had happened, but she knew that privacy is the best policy. She let her rage subside for the moment and calmed herself down. Rallia would have a tough time adapting to her newly found party, but she would make due and perhaps even come to start a clan or guild with them.

Tecumseh
25/37 HP | 4/15MP | 5/10 EXP
Desperado/Engineer
After several minutes of walking, the Landing Site came back into view. Tecumseh sighed at the sight, glad his first day in this new world was finally over. While they had been walking, he had spent some time mulling over his choices for a profession. While something like herding or forestry might be easier or make a quicker profit, he remembered enjoying the cleaning of his weapons during his time in the military. The process of inspecting and ensuring that his tools were in good working order had always been a peaceful time for him, one that allowed him to think about his life and any issues in it. Tecumseh rationalized it rather well, "It might not be exactly the same as before, but at least I'll be able to put my hands to work with it."

As they finally crossed into the outskirts of town, he made his decision, "Just in case you two want to build our professions around each other, I'm going into the tinkering field."

USERNAME:_____
28/30 HP l 3/12 MP l 9/10 EXP

Blank's first time playing this game was well worth it. But, he knows he could get back to work if he ever want to get his project done in time. Maybe he will log out when they all pick a profession. Shouldn't hurt to wait that while longer. The landing site is filled with players still from the last time they left. Might even be more than last time, doesn't bother him much though. "I will have to check on which profession has what before I make my decision. Though I already have a faint idea on what I might go into." Blank begins to head towards the profession masters. The thoughts going through his head about what he will be able to do with his profession in the long run are plentiful and are not showing any signs of slowing down. If it wasn't for his mask, everyone would see his wide grin. One seeking to conquer this world for his own means. A place where everyone is on basically the same level is a place where he has a good chance of doing so since there are little troubles from very high level players messing with his plans like before. This time, he will have the head start alongside with his potential allies and enemies.​

Sir Lancelot
37/37 HP | 10/10 MP | 2/10 XP

"Seventeen." Lancelot paused to run his forearm across his forehead to wipe the sweat away--except that he wasn't sweating. It just felt appropriate. His hand returned to the pickaxe handle. "Hup!" he cried, raising it high overhead. He brought it crashing down with a shout of "Haaah!" The iron vein rang out and a chunk fell off. "Eighteen. Hup! Haaah! Nineteen. Here we go: hup; haaaaaah! Twenty!" The bronze pick shattered and fell from his hands. Lance breathed out a sigh--it was expected, but still slightly saddening--and checked on the twenty ore in his inventory. That was his funding to buy a new pickaxe, which he would need to finance an upgrade in armor; which, of course, would be his protection when searching out coal veins to upgrade his pickaxe and armor...

Lance gave his head three rigorous shakes. If he put himself into a progression loop already, TDO would become tedious, not entertaining. Now was a good time for an adventure break. A party, a quest, a few fights, and lots of loot--that's the meaning of RPG. Back to the Landing...

A solid head smashing into the shield strapped across his back interrupted Sir Lancelot's plans. The knight was thrown to the ground, his arms barely managing to keep his face out of the dirt. The attacking forunn bounced over him, then spun to make another charge. Sir Lancelot pushed himself to his knees and pulled out his shield to meet the charge. As the creature leaped, Lance lashed out with the shield. Another three of his hit points vanished, but the forunn lost five and was stopped in its tracks. Before it had time to wind up for another headbutt, the knight brought his shield crashing down with a roar, finishing the monster off.

Lance breathed out a long sigh, letting the adrenaline drain out. His relief was premature, though; no victory notification had emerged yet. Another forunn bashed into his bare back, again tossing him to the ground. Lance climbed to his feet to meet the new opponent, only to be thrust down once again by another forunn running through his back. He rolled to the side and brought his shield up desperately, looking for both the two forunn that had hit him and wherever they had come from.

Three more were running at him. Five in total, against him alone. As the saying goes, "Discretion is the better part of valor." Lance lifted his shield and ran, five forunn tailing him half the way back to the Landing Site before finally giving up the chase.

-----

"Find a party first. Or get a real shield. Then fight monsters." Lance sighed despondently. He had lost twelve health; he had been forced to surrender his loot in favor of his life; and he had dented the only shield he owned. Hopefully a group would take him on anyway, despite the signs of wear.

Weaving through the town, Lance was relieved to find he wasn't the only one having a hard time of it. Many complaints about swarms of harenn--well, curses more than complaints--flew about. A self-styled princess was whining to her butler about a tear in her dress, despite the extreme dishevelment of his own outfit testifying of his role as her tank. Compared to that poor servant, Lance counted himself lucky and began to whistle tunelessly as he continued on to the medical tent.

"...yways... what do you make of all of this so far, eh?" Lance heard as he stepped inside. The speaker was enough to give Lance pause: he was a cross between a cowboy and the black knight. The addressee caused Lance to stop altogether: a dark red cloak and hood hid his features, leaving Lance with the vague impression he was a necromancer. It was impossible, but the look was only a few ornaments short of perfect. The knight had lost his train of thought entirely--and so he was grateful when a nurse approached him and sat him down to heal.

"So far I've made some iron ore and a bad back. You wouldn't happen to be a smith? I need a new shield. And pickaxe," he added as an afterthought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leviathan
Desperado / Engineer | Level 2

HP: 28/28 | MP: 15/15 | XP: 7/10
[/hr]​

Before he had even realized it, Leviathan was being acknowledged by another newcomer in the tent; a young man with a getup that looked straight out of the medieval ages, albeit with considerably more flair. The tag above his head read 'Sir Lancelot'. Well, here was someone who was looking to be as old school as he could afford.

When Reaver seemed to make no acknowledgement of his speaking, Levi turned a glance over to Lance's direction and considered a response. "I'm afraid not. I'm in good need of some better gear myself, so welcome to the club," the gunslinger quipped, making another wide gesture in mock enthusiasm. Seemed like everyone was in need of something, and more often than not that something required a bunch of iron ingots or so. The smiths would really getting their work cut out for them, as long as the miners provided, of course.

"That being said, all I'm planning on is shooting things, and making stuff to shoot things better," Leviathan followed up, explaining his approach upon TDO more. "I mean, killin' monsters looks to be a good business in and of itself. But I suppose you have something different in mind...?" he began again, looking a bit closer at the knightly character... and eventually noticing a distinct lack of weapon.

There was a bated moment of silence, and then, "You DO have something for killing monsters, right?"[/hr]

Rissa
18/18 HP | 19/19 MP | 3/10 XP

Rissa was rocking on her feet, humming a soft rendition of "A Whole New World" while Litari spoke with the Master Builder. This was the last of the Masters, but Rissa guessed she wouldn't choose him either. The woman seemed unsure of what she wanted, and while Rissa could understand that, the wolf girl found herself growing irritated. She wanted to go do something.

When Rissa saw Barong approaching, she almost leaped for joy. His next words lifted her off her feet. "You lot are looking at a forester, fresh-cut from the wood. What jobs did you guys pick?"

Rissa jumped from the ground and threw her arms around Barong's neck, her tail wagging happily. "You are my new best friend! I'm a smith, so I'll be counting on you! Blazentra was favoring Infusion, but she wanted to check all of them just in case. Litari hasn't decided at all." Rissa's mouth turned down in a small pout.

"I wanted to learn more about the professions. Just go on without me."

"I'll stay, as well. I'd rather craft than fight right now."

"Well, okay then," Rissa conceded, releasing Barong and dropping to the ground. She was fine with leaving Blazentra and Litari behind if it meant she could finally play the game. There was still a future to plan for, though. "But I'm making you both my friends! Message me as soon as you're done here, and I'll make sure you can find us." Rissa smiled brightly as she breezed through her menu and sent the requests.

She took a moment longer to send one final friend request to Barong, turning a wide grin up at him as he received it. "Guess it's just us two for now. Think we can catch ourselves a miner?"

Sir Lancelot
37/37 HP | 10/10 MP | 3/10 XP

Something for killing monsters... Lance raised both fists and grinned. "Just these. And if starting swords are like this shield, they're just as effective. Killing isn't my job, though; I'm just a wall." Hopping up, the knight twisted left and right to stretch out his back--breathing out in relief at the lack of pain and bruising--then extended a hand to Leviathan. "Name's Lancelot, knight, sub-class monk. It was nice to meet you, but I really need to find a smith. I hope I'll see you around sometime."

Lancelot moved to leave, but stopped at the door. Inside the medical tent everything was quiet and still, but the emerging town outside was a flurry of activity. Players ran about, shouted to each other, labored over crafting stations, and engaged one another in duels. Lance needed a moment to gather up his courage before stepping out into the maelstrom. He turned back and gave Leviathan a weak smile. "It's noisy out there. Are earplugs an item, do you think?"

Pulse
42/42 HP | 14/14 MP | 8/10 XP

It took the white-haired woman far too long to reply to Pulse's liking. "What are you, the silent protagonist?" She scoffed, "Bet you lost your voice when the bad guys killed your parents." Pulse had better things to do than to wait for an answer, though, and unfortunately also than antagonising whoever that woman was. She needed to get in the game. Not even waiting (or caring) for a reply, Pulse turned around and went to look for someone else who had done the nitty gritty before her...

The first persons that caught her eyes were a small group consisting out of a man with a cowboy hat, yet another white-haired woman and a masked man whose character had 'trying too hard' written all over him, in Pulse's humble opinion.

"Yo! You three!" Pulse boomed. She sounded like a drill sergeant from the movies, completely mismatched with her character model. "Professions, I need to know what's up. What do you know?"

Barong
26/32 HP | 7/16 MP | 7/10 XP

"I bet, I bet." Barong responded awkwardly at Rissa's hug. He didn't want to lose his cool, but the joke he made earlier about her true identity was now sort of beginning to haunt him. He even sighed from relief when Rissa finally let him go. Still, now the two of them shared mutual friends, Barong just knew he was going to see a lot more of her in the future. Something certain tiny window popping up in front of him only confirmed.

"Don't spend too long choosing or you'll drop behind!" Barong said to Blazentra and Litari, "And if you need anything skinned, I can do that now!" He concluded, tipping his imaginary hat before passing his finger to the UI to accept Rissa's friend request.

"I'll take a tinkerer too, and whatever does leather." Barong replied, "I don't know about you, but I want to explore beyond the Landing Site. I mean have you seen this game? It's stunning." Even so, the sad truth was that with all his friend-list but Rissa absorbed by the crafting game, he was without a party.

"I have a bunch of stuff to sell before that, though..." Barong mentioned off-hand, until something dawned upon him. While they'd been scouring the Landing Site for a short while now, Barong came to a halt and looked Rissa in the eye. Regardless of whether there was a basement-dwelling overweight man or an enthusiastic young woman behind that fox-eared avatar, Rissa was making connections fast... And probably with purpose.

"Tell you what, you seem the industrious type to me. If you help me pawn my stuff for more than what the NPC's pay, I'll get you some gear with whatever will be left after I get a decent weapon and armour."

Last edited:
[Roland]
[Desperado/Medic]
[HP:19/19| MP:16/16| XP: 0/10]

Thirty seconds. It took thirty seconds to make the decision to buy the game. Xavier wasn't normally am impulse buyer, but when a friend offered to sell his beta key to Xavier, it couldn't by helped. He had been keeping an eye on this game for months, and now was his chance to finally play. When he got back to his cramped dorm room, he set up the game eagerly. He couldn't possibly be more excited. He hopped right in, not hesitating for even a second.

Roland took a look around the landing site, biting a spent bullet casing he couldn't remember why he had. He flexed his white gloved fingers, getting used to the new body. Roland was slightly taller then Xavier, as well as better built. The larger figure would take some getting used to. Long, gray hair could be seen on the edges of his vision, but kept nicely out of the way of his glasses. I even have bad vision in my games.... Roland thought. Unlike his real glasses, these were more professional looking. Square and slim. The kind a business man would wear. The jacket looked cool, and the hat seemed like it was discreetly stylish. He brought up the menu, flipping to the stats screen to check his build out.

"19 starting HP? Looks like I'm no tank..." He muttered. He took a look at the class tab and nodded. Desperado sounded cool, and he usually played a Healer, anyway. Then came the inventory screen. All he seemingly had was a single pistol. Guess dual-wielding is restricted.... Roland thought. While two was better then one, Roland was content to play by the rules. Didn't really matter what else was going on, with him. He was still level one. He knew that none of the good stuff came around until at least level five. He closed the menu and sighed, rolling the bullet casing around in his teeth. He would have to find a party, of some sort. People that could help him with the ropes until he could break the wall down.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin

Leviathan
Desperado / Engineer | Level 2

HP: 28/28 | MP: 15/15 | XP: 8/10
[/hr]​

Leviathan gave a sort of forlorn twist of his face, in a gesture that spoke of unsureness. Only his fists? Granted, the knight did have a point regarding starting equipment; it seemed like the only thing weapons did at that point was be a medium for base-strength attacks. Having as much range as only your own hands more often than not left you far to close to the enemy; at that point, you had to be built to either deal a lot of damage, or take a lot of damage. The guy was claiming to be the latter.

Not aiming to be too much a rude sort, Leviathan took Lancelot's armored hand and shook it. "Leviathan. Desperado, Engineer," he introduced himself, listing the classes in order of priority. "Well, whatever you're doing, good luck. Seems like you'll need it." That hadn't meant to be cynical, and Levi hoped his tone hadn't reflected that quite so much.

By the time Lance had looked back, he could see Levi fiddling with a virtual menu, his grin now twisted into a plain scrawl. He had already been adding Lancelot as a contact, but upon the knight's bleak joke, Levi grinned again, giving a snarky snort. "Nope. I bet mute's a feature, though... at least, it should be..." Leviathan said, growing a tad concerned as as a few seconds of searching for such a feature yielded no fruit.

"Ah, well. I'm afraid you'll have to bear with it. If you really are a wall, then I'd think that wouldn't be too hard for ya, eh?" The gunslinger quipped, perhaps poking a bit of fun at him. Leviathan himself stood up, the strain and fatigue all long gone, and prepared to leave as well.[/hr]

Reactions: Ray C

l USERNAME:_____ l
l Level: 3 l Desperado/Cyborg l
l 28/32 HP l 3/15 MP l 0/10 EXP l

Blank was still debating on what profession to pick, since they're all interesting of useful to him in a way or two when someone yelled, seems like it was directed to him and the group he was in as well. He didn't give any time for the others to respond first, before he turns and faces towards the voice of the person yelling out towards them. To his surprise, the person yelling did not match the tone of voice at all. "Well you don't see that everyday" Blank thought to himself before speaking to the person himself. "What does it matter to you?" He coldly replies back. He wasn't interested on making any friends since he was in this game for one reason only, to break the tie with his friend. Or so he thinks of course.

With that, Blank started heading towards the professions, completely ignoring the person talking to him. "I will be back again." He directed this to the group he was in. He wanted to pick a profession since it was something that interested him so much. On his way, he sees all kinds of players, talking, laughing, enjoying their time in this game. He wonders if his friend is in one of the groups he sees. After quickly dismissing it from his mind, He decided on Smithing as his profession slot. With the ability to supply himself and others with weapons and armour, he sees this as the most useful for him. He was make a profit doing so as well. Blank spends some time looking through the crafting menu, seeing what he can make and what he will need, before thinking of heading back. Blank with a smile hiding behind his mask, walks back towards where he saw his group last.

l Arashi l
l Level 2 Assasin/Ranger l

l [HP:9/28] [MP:4/15] [XP:2/10] l

After fighting that group of enemies, Arashi felt mentally exhausted. He took way more damage than he thought he would have taken in his first fight. Somewhere along the way, he lost track of his allies. After looking around, he found himself in the landing site. "Did they stop to do something back there?" He softly said to himself before heading further into the landing site. "I'm sure we will meet up again. But just to make sure." With a few clicks here and there, Arashi sends both of them Friend Requests. "There. That should be enough." Not shortly after, Arashi bumps into another player in the mix of it all. The player blankly looks at him and walks off. Some strange hooded player with a mask of sorts. "That was weird. What's his problem?"

After that ordeal, the amount of players talking made him feel like he was in another world and not just a game. This is really something else. Among the talk, Arashi heard about professions. "Now that will be interesting to go check out for a bit while I wait for the others to come back." He said to himself while heading to where the professions were. He got to the place where he wanted to go and thought about which profession to choose. After awhile, he decided Tinkering will be best. He likes the thought of making his own weapons. Would help with the cost of buying that, that's for sure.

The thing that caught his attention was the weapon modification he is now able to make. "I guess this is equal to enchanting in other games." Making his own weapons and have the ability to enchant them? Why would he not pick it? But he realizes that there are items he won't be able to find easily or make. This means he will have to trade and strike deals with other players to get the items he will be need to create the weapons and items he wanted to. A player-driven economy. This can go both incredible great and horribly wrong. People will abuse the price of some items. Arashi was a bit worried about this subject, but didn't really think much about it. What he was really interested was that Sharpshooter Rifle in his crafting menu. Maybe the Basic Rifle will do until he can get that Sharpshooter Rifle. Time for some grinding, selling, and trading it seems! Arashi's dreaded days where he spent days just for one weapon for a silly achievement before came back into his mind again. "Maybe it won't be as bad as that time." He thought to himself before heading off further into the landing site, looking in his crafting menu.

Tecumseh
25/37 HP | 4/15MP | 6/10 EXP
Desperado/Engineer

Tecumseh could only sigh as he watched Blank seem to blow the newcomer off, "That kid needs to learn to be less of a dick..." Deciding he needed to salvage the situation, he stepped over to the girl who had addressed them. He noted that her voice didn't fit her at all when she spoke. He didn't mention it though as he knew that his group wasn't exactly normal.

"Sorry about him, miss, the kid doesn't understand how networking works. I'll answer your questions for you," with that, Tecumseh launched into a explanation of the professions and the system itself. He kept it brief as he didn't quite understand everything about it, but he covered the basics at least. Soon, he began wrapping up his speech, "That's the basics of it as far as I know, though I may be wrong. Again, sorry about my teammate." Finally finished, he turned to face the returning Blank who had left them behind. His face set into a scowl at the man, "You have no concept of courtesy, do you?"

Nadia
32/32 HP | 12/12 MP | 1/10 XP

What a lovely rain. The storm clouds had been quick to roll in, with a blue sky one minute then the clouds from Armageddon overhead the next, but it didn't bother her in the least. Truth be told she loved the rain, there was a serene artistry about it. She spun her yellow umbrella around in her palm, then playfully she picked up a foot and slapped the sole of her sneaker against the face of a nearby puddle. She gave her watch a quick glance then loosed a testy sigh. As much as she loved the rain if the bus was any later she'd scream.

fuck it.

She started walking home, which she should of done from the start. At least then she would've been home by now. On the bright side at least maybe the weather would wash the stench of food out of her work clothes. The walk home gave her plenty of time to think about the reasons she needed her own car. The house door was locked, and the lack of light meant neither of her parents were home yet. She made a beeline to her room, grabbed a random assortment of clothes, took a shower then began to relax. No new updates on facebook, nothing on the television and no new texts either.

"Uuugh, it's a Friday night," she reminded herself with a pathetic chuckle, leaning back in her chair and running her hands through damp hair. She sighed and looked for something to do. She could clean her room, it was a mess after all. She audibly laughed at her joke. Of course there was the game Irene got her. Amelia wasn't big on video games but considering what a shut-in she had become lately she figured she might as well pick up a new hobby before she went insane. Besides, she wanted to know what she was doing the first time she played with Irene. She logged in and named herself Nadia.

"Okay, this is pretty cool," was her first reaction upon her introduction to the game. She moved her hands in front of her and wiggled her fingers in front of her face. She had opted to be a support type character, it seemed like something she might enjoy playing. The classes were all tempting, but in the end she wanted to help people and smash others in the face. She figured with the class she chose she could do both.

There were people everywhere, most looked as new as herself taking all the sights in. It took her a while to figure out the controls, they were basic but it took her longer then she'd care to admit. When she saw a spaceship fly overhead, she started to understand how people could spend hours doing this kind of stuff. Nadia closed the menu and tried to take it all in.

Rissa
18/18 HP | 19/19 MP | 4/10 XP

Rissa's eyes lit up, shining with her desire for the challenge. It was a seller's market right now, and she knew where to find people looking to buy. As far as purchasing equipment, though, the prospects were dim. "I can get you a gun--what type do you want?--but the armor's not gonna happen. Basic leather is on the market for five hundred plus, and I don't see the price dropping in the next hour." Unless he came back from the fields loaded. Rissa didn't size Barong up as that successful, but appearances were nothing to go by in a game.

Take the surrounding people as an example. A beautiful chick in a chainmail bikini wielding a giant sword walked past. Rissa's conclusion: he was a girl-starved, basement-dwelling pervert. An enormous barbarian with an even bigger axe shoved the chick aside, and anyone else who happened to be in his path. Underneath was a timid, little boy who weighed less than Rissa and had been pushed around his entire life. A gunslinger dressed in a black overcoat with red trim stood flipping through his menu, a bullet casing clenched in his teeth like a cigar. That was a man who wanted to play the lone wolf bounty hunter because he never had the opportunity to act cool in real life--or just never took the chance when it came. And watching all of them was a little warbeast girl who grinned all the time and tried to please the people around her, like she didn't already have enough friends in life.

Of course Rissa knew she was stereotyping--possibly unfairly--and that's exactly why she wasn't going to put Barong and his head of snakes down until he proved he was a loser. And if he was a winner then all the better for her, his new-found friend.

Sir Lancelot
37/37 HP | 10/10 MP | 4/10 XP

"Yeah, I'll bear with it. So long as I'm not bare with it. Baring "berries" gets you buried, after all." Lance gave a hopeful smile for a brief moment, but the wordplay had really gone too far. Leviathan aside, the other players nearby were staring at him with a mix of confusion and keep-him-away-from-me repulsion. Lance sighed dejectedly, his hands nervously refastening his gauntlets. "Well, thank you bery much anyway. Later."

Back into the world. Sir Lancelot stepped out, paused for a moment to decide his direction, then turned toward the center of camp. He made it an entire three steps before making an about face and heading for the outer edge instead. After a dozen paces he stopped and turned back. This way or that way, left or right, out or in--he had no clue which direction would work best. Finally he just clamped a hand over his eyes, spun around for ten seconds, then opened his eyes again. That was the direction he would go.

The dizzy knight stumbled on his first step, tipping sideways into another player. "Ah! Excuse me!" Lance apologized quickly, stepping back. With his balance still leaning left, though, he just tipped over backward and crashed onto his rump. "Ou-chie," he muttered quietly. It didn't hurt all that much, but the surprise had amplified it decently well. Then the player he'd bumped into-!

Was doing fine, apparently. Lance looked up at the woman, but his topple hadn't put enough weight to even make her stumble. She stood rooted, heavy armor holding her in place. But he had certainly bumped her enough to bother her. "Sorry about that," Lance apologized again from the ground. "I went around one time too many, I think." Her hair is like fire, Lance thought. Rather, he couldn't chase the thought away. It echoed over and over: Her hair is like fire. She looks strong. Hair like fire. Why did I only get a shield when she got both? Fire. "Sir Lancelot," he declared by way of introduction, extending his hand in greeting--and hopefully for a hand up.

[BCOLOR=#000000]Nadia[/BCOLOR]
32/32 HP | 12/12 MP | 2/10 XP

It was grassland as far as the eye could see in any direction. Nadia could walk off in any direction she wanted and she would be equally lost. The landing site was a marvelous sight, as the novelty of it all had not yet faded, but if the entry point to the world held such spectacles Nadia was eager to see what sites still lay hidden. A party might be called for, a group to adventure with, and with any luck maybe someone else would have an idea of the geography of the world. Traveling alone may be fun as well, simply to set off on her own and discover this new world, but she imagined new experiences would be better shared with others then her lonesome.

Suddenly something bumped her forward, a person had walked straight into her. Annoyed, she turned sharply to scold whoever had hit her but instead she found that the man who had ran into her had only knocked himself to his rear. He apologized and offered a hand and an introduction; it was an accident.

"Am-," she began to say, but caught and corrected herself. "Nadia," she introduced herself as gripped his extended hand and helped him to his feet. He looked similar to her, in that he had given his character heavier armor and a shield but no weapon interestingly enough, at least not one she could see.

"No worries, walking can be hard sometimes," she quipped.

Barong
26/32 HP | 7/16 MP | 8/10 XP

"Or is it?" Barong shook his head. Was she playing him, he wondered,"You're not gonna tell me anyone has 500 to throw around like that." Barong said, knowing that if one basic leather was 500, it meant people were throwing absolutely everything they had at one ingredient for armour... And those people would be the top few who had spent their time exclusively grinding. He opened a trade window with Rissa and showed him his spoils, 32 harenn meat, 24 harenn fur, 4 lucky feet, 2 tryma feather, 2 raw tryma Leg and 5 harch logs.

"I won't be the richest guy around, but between the first minute of launch and meeting you, our mutual friends and I have been killing and questing... Still..." Barong scratched his chin, for a second hoping Rissa was right. "If that's the word, my bet is that any minute now the leather scraps will start pouring in from all the suckers whose market is five guys tops." He shrugged, certain he didn't need to tell Rissa what that meant for the price. Barong didn't feel like lingering on it, though, mostly because...

"Not that it matters, foresters can get their own leather. I think we'd better worry about our seller's market now. I can do with any gun, as long as it harder than this little guy." Barong's hand motioned to the handgun in his holster, but a devilish twinkle sparked in his eyes. "You don't suppose we could stall inflation for a little while, do you?"

Pulse
42/42 HP | 14/14 MP | 9/10 XP

That little... Pulse thought... But honest to goodness she wasn't even angry. She might have been on the edge back when Pulse had been bickering with Savage, but he was in her room. This blank-guy on the other hand... Was completely anonymous.

"Some brats just need to compensate," Pulse shrugged, when she was approached by the cowboy. Tecumseh seemed to be his screenname, but Pulse didn't have the faintest clue what it was supposed to mean. "He'll get what's coming to him." Pulse mentioned nonchalantly, even if the cogs in her head were already starting to work... Her mechanical tail would've wagged if it had been part of her.

Pulse briefly thanked Tecumseh for his explanation, wondering what she would pick... It seemed a lot of players were hanging around the blacksmith master... Amongst whom blank. "You know, I think I'll be going for miner..." Pulse smiled, with a twinkle in her eyes that probably should make people start to worry, "Yes... That's going to suit me just fine..."

She opened up her friends list and added Tecumseh, which though seemingly out of character for the cyborg, he wouldn't know. Pulse gestured him to follow her to the master NPC's, deciding to start some seemingly idle conversation. "So what have you been up to in this game so far?" She asked.

Tecumseh
25/37 HP | 4/15MP | 7/10 EXP
Desperado/Engineer

Tecumseh accepted the friend request from the girl. He felt it kind of odd that someone with a avatar's like hers would be friendly, but then again, a MMO almost always required that you work with other players. Maybe she was just a role-player of some sort. As he followed his new 'friend', he shrugged at her question, "Other than deal with terminator wannabe, not much except fighting. Before I signed up with him and our other teammate, I had taken a look at the professions. The only one that stuck out to me was the tinker job."

He was beginning to wonder if Blank and Rallia would be a good long-term team. Blank seemed to have attitude issues and would probably ruin any chance to trade and work with other players. Tecumseh didn't want to deal with trying to clean up his bull, so he doubted the terminator would stick around much longer. Rallia was both nice and level-headed enough, but it seemed she had gone off the net without any notification. While he appreciated a good personality, he both preferred and needed reliability on his team. That was another black mark against Blank as well.

Tecumseh grimaced as the obvious choice showed itself. While he knew it would anger the other two, the optimal strategy was to replace them if possible. As he continued along with Pulse, he fired off a private message to her asking if she wanted to be on a team with him that didn't include Blank or Rallia. To make it seem nothing was wrong, he put on a casual smile, "So what's up with your tail, can you control it or is it just there for aesthetics?"

Rissa
18/18 HP | 19/19 MP | 5/10 XP

Thirty-two, twenty-four... Rissa hadn't even needed to scare the guy, not if he had that little. Food sold well, so there was a hundred; fur was flooded, but she could manage fifty for the bundle; she could manage that again on the feet and feathers, so that came out around two hundred even. Buying iron at five and leather straps at seven meant twenty-six and ten, unless she could find a bulk distributor. A new hammer would be two/one, her dagger was two/one, a rifle would be five or six iron since it was a two-handed weapon (plus the five logs), and to be nice she could add a skinning knife for two/one. Twelve iron, three straps, and the logs. That left a lot for bartering with a tinkerer, if it came to it.

"I don't think an admin could stall the inflation. But I do think we can be in and out before it hits," Rissa answered with a fanged smirk as she ran her calculations. "I'll handle the gear, so why don't you go recruit? The more the merrier, after all!" With one final grin and a wave, Rissa was off and running.

Rissa's first stop was the man who would get her cooked food for the raw. Her ears had picked him out while giving the girls their tour, and she had even caught a name. As soon as she spotted him, Rissa called out happily. "Calice!" She had seen him split off from Barong and friends as she approached, so mentioning Barong went a short way to a better deal--though not as good as if she had a best friend doing the cooking for nothing. With a friendly farewell, Rissa relocated to an NPC merchant. Players uninterested in the time trading would take sold their loot there; that same impatience would make the medical tent a total drag, so selling four stew at thirty apiece was no challenge at all.

The small girl skipped away, humming happily to herself. Now to find someone selling iron and leather.

Sir Lancelot
37/37 HP | 10/10 MP | 5/10 XP

"No worries, walking can be hard sometimes."

Lance scratched the back of his head and chuckled. He deserved that. "Really, I'm sorry about that, Nadia. I made myself dizzy. But when you think about it, that's kind of amazing. You know? A game that can simulate an imbalance of the fluids in your inner ear... Well, this really is the ultimate game in VR." Lance chuckled again, trying to shake off the awkwardness he had almost descended into. Talking about ear fluids had to be on the top ten list for lame conversations, right alongside toenail clippings and peeling paint. "Can I make it up to you somehow?" Lance offered. "Help on a quest, finding items, something like that?" Or just an adventuring companion for awhile, Lance thought but didn't add. That probably wouldn't be a favor for her, after all.

Barong
26/32 HP | 7/16 MP | 9/10 XP

It seemed Rissa was up to the challenge at the very least. "Time to get to work." Barong echoed, also enthusiastic to face a challenge. He opened the party window once again, this time inviting Rissa and scanning around the Landing Site for possible new recruits. The fastest way was to take out the low level monsters, so they wouldn't need very high level allies. Rissa and he could do with anyone for those...

"Hey man! Yes, you there!" Barong waved at a new player that had a similar, if darker sense of in-game fashion. His handle read Roland, a first level desperado slash medic. Perfect, Barong thought, as he ran up closer. "A friend and I are going to farm a couple monsters 'round here, you feel like joining?" He asked with a grin. "It'll be good practice and decent enough XP."

Without waiting for an answer, Barong already sent an invite. His eye fell on another player, this one named Arashi, who might not fit the same bill as Roland, but seemed to be taking a job as a tinkerer. "And you there, black turban guy! Arashi! You need a party?" He called out. If they played their cards right, Rissa and he could befriend and potentially license someone for future weapon mods as well that way...

Pulse
42/47 HP | 14/16 MP | 0/10 XP

Pulse lifted an eyebrow at Tecumseh's question. I'm going to call you Tec." She said first, as every time she looked at the desperado's username she wanted to ask him what had possessed him to call his character like that... An answer Pulse knew she wasn't going to be interested in. Not for the right reasons anyway.

"I'm a cyborg, Tec. This is an add." Pulse then answered shortly and plainly. "I can move it, but it's not like it's good for anything." It showed Pulse didn't like small talk, even if it was just pretense. She didn't even look a her conversation partner while talking, instead focusing on the written message he'd sent her... Neither Blank nor Ralia had any reason to think she was looking at Tec's PM anyway. She shook her head, and nonchalantly replied "They can come if they can keep up." in a private chat. Tec didn't seem to be a big fan of blank either, and if his frustration built up a just little further, Pulse imagined he'd agree to something a little more than just kicking him from the party...

"Now professions." Pulse spoke up again, now with an actual worthwhile subject meeting Tec's eyes again. "I'll make myself a miner, sell this stuff and get decent armour. Think you can make the regroup in five?"

Last edited:
l USERNAME:_____ l
l Level: 3 l Desperado/Cyborg l
l 32/32 HP l 15/15 MP l 6/10 EXP l

Blank was done looking through his crafting menu, getting a good idea of what to get in order to make all of the items he could make at the moment. Seeing how he could make the base items needed for the other professions, he can easily make some quick profits with those items easily, provided he has the items needed to make the damn tools. The whole one profession thing is really getting to him, since he can't single-handily take over a certain profession route without someone else it seems. Now the real question is who would be that person that he needs to get some decent armour, and/or weapons. Firstly, he needs to take care of his HP and MP issue. Maybe the medical tent will help out with that problem. Blank starts to head to the medical tent before even thinking of meeting up with his allies first.

After finding the medical tent, Blank made sure to mark down that this will the recovery place where he could regain his lost HP and MP without much cost to him. It's nice to know of an area like this. Go out and kill some things, come out and regain and sell items and repeat. Sounds like a solid plan so far. Hell, he can even do it solo, but a bigger group means more enemies to kill at once, meaning more loot and less trips back and forth. Even if it was a good plan at first, it can be better with others filling the other roles. Blank does notice some unique characters in the tent as well, so he decided to stay and watch them for awhile. The others didn't need him at the moment anyway.

l Arashi l
l Level 2 Assassin/Ranger l
l [HP:9/28] [MP:4/15] [EXP:8/10] l

Someone called out to Arashi, making him turn and look around to find the person who called out to him. Arashi notices the player talking to him and quickly tries to answer the question the other player asked. "A party? Alright. Sounds great. I been looking for one, so this makes my search much earlier." Arashi walks over to the player named Barong. Interesting name. Arashi thought to himself.

A new party means Arashi can now finally start on his personal quest to get that rifle he can make using his profession. Trading and selling the items he loots and crafts will be important. He's been needing a ranged weapon, since his other ability requires a ranged weapon to be equipped. Providing ranged support from a fair distance will be most useful, especially since Arashi can pick off his targets before they could get to him and try to inflict some damage on him.

[Roland]
[Desperado/Medic]
[HP:19/19| MP:16/16| XP: 0/10]

He smiled as he saw Barong running up to him. Guess healers are in demand.... He accepted the invite without a word, offering a small nod in the place of verbal communication. He took the bullet casing out of his mouth and sighed, tossing it aside. So. He had a party, he had a way to grind some XP, and he had some rather fashionable friends. At least, until he found a better fit, that is. Little did he know that he probably would stay with these guys for a while. He drew the monster of a pistol from the holster on his belt and looked it over, having not done so when he first got here. It seemed to fit naturally in his hand. Much like the gloves, it seemed apart of him. Roland smirked as he peeked down the sights. Xavier had never even seen a gun, in real life. Roland, it seemed, must have been born with one in his crib.

Status
Not open for further replies.