The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here! After quite awhile, here I am! Can I get a rundown?
That's a lot to sum up. Um...

Battles. Quests. Battles. People joined, people left, people vanished, more people joined. Kestrel moved to China.

That's the bare bones of it. You would probably get more out of it if you read it all, of course. And add a few likes along the way; writers like to know their work is appreciated. :wink:
Pretty much this. Oh and we have a crafting system now. It's explained in the OP. A couple construction NPC's (player-characters we don't play, not NPC-NPC... I really should find good terms to separate these two) have been starting on tiny wooden settlements on the Landing Site and trading is becoming a thing. Because of the switch in players and, well, my glorious oriental adventures, there hasn't been a lot of overarching plot besides that.

Other than that, welcome back. How you doing?

@Daws Combine Heya, cheers for the interest. Lemme know when you finish your CS!

Sorry for the late reply, but better late than never, eh? Anyway, here we go.

Bio et al looks in order.
You may choose a second technician class, as dual classing is a thing in this game.
Stats are wrong. At level 1 you may have a total of 35. 7+6+12+12=37, which is 2 too many.
Skills, Onslaught is a very good skill, being a ranged 100% stun for 10 targets. Try to balance it out a bit, be it by lessening the targets, success rate or increasing mp cost, or a combination thereof.
Dual wielding is currently a berserker-exclusive. Also, as a technician you can have heavy armour. Having a light jacket for your starting armour is fine, but once you get to buying stat-based equips, you'll need to switch.
Lastly, I'd like you to read the rules once more. I can tell you skipped at least one of them ;)

Also, IC-post coming up somewhere today. Finally, I know.

Okay. I'll get to reworking it all later today.
Cool. If you need any help, I got a nice stat calculator here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IiIFG1--miNOY39WMkOrlKRaU0sBvl_nDvqRtaqZuoY/edit#gid=0 Other than that, same drill, lemme know when it's up (and hope I take less than 2 days to look at it ;x)

As for everyone else, as some of you may know, I've had a mass-pm convo with the people who hadn't posted lately. The results of that can already be partly seen in our IC (hurray!) and OOC, but there's another few things I think should be made public (because it's super-annoying when everyone discusses everything behind scenes and I try not to be too much of a hypocrite).

• Rainjay unfortunately has decided to leave the RP, this is due to her being too busy with schoolwork to keep up with this RP.
  • Wolfsin will be coming back with a remade character. Unfortunately he's in a stressful situation, so things are a little unpredictable on his end.
  • Mac the Impaler, Arius Lavari and driftingstar haven't replied or logged on at all. I've moved their characters to 'hiatus' because of this.
  • But more importantly, because two of them were going to be quest-runners, we now need other people willing to come up with and lead quests! Volunteer today!

Also, I finally added Ralia to the character list because I'm forgetful and shit.

Well that and I posted IC. Finally. Jesus, Kestrel, sheesh.

I was hoping to avoid coming up and re-balancing a second skill, but I can medic it up, sure.

I was hoping to avoid coming up and re-balancing a second skill, but I can medic it up, sure.
I was hoping for a slightly bigger penalty on the skun skill. See, most 100% stun skills so far have been melee and single target. Don't need to adhere to that, but imagine you can stun 10 targets and you're in a party. You could pull massive amounts of enemies without the need for a tank or healer, just need some good AoE and you'd cruise through training. So when I said decrease success rate, I meant pretty drastically ;p (also I forgot to say, try using with post rounds instead of seconds to avoid IC-confusion)

Healing spell needs to get nerfed pretty bad. Most clerics so far had 25% for the same MP without the status healing. Pretty big, y'know? If everyone could heal 50% nilly willy I would have to make monsters 1-2hko you to ever be any kind of challenge.) It also won't be able to heal every status effect (some will be incurable or have multiple stacks, but that's not something you need to worry about, just be aware of.)

Everything else looks good, though!

If there's a status effect that can't be manually cured, it would only be logical that he couldn't cure it. Other then that, CS 3.0 is up.

Cure-all is good.

What happens if you stun something for 5 post rounds is that everyone gets 5 free hits in before the target can act again, which is a guaranteed kill on pretty much everything. Let's just say we put it to a 1 post stun, but a 30 percent chance? That sounds reasonable?

Awesome. Here's your resistances. I'll add your dude to the OP.

Fire:15Earth:35Light:-5
Water:-5Air:-15Darkness:25

Welcome to the team.

I've never been in an RP where posting frequency fluctuated this much ;p

But more importantly, because two of them were going to be quest-runners, we now need other people willing to come up with and lead quests! Volunteer today!
Also this guys, reply to this. Even if it's just you telling me you're not interested.

I've never been in an RP where posting frequency fluctuated this much ;p

Also this guys, reply to this. Even if it's just you telling me you're not interested.
I would be interested to take on that once I got to a higher level, but I'm having a hard time finding inspiration for such things. The easiest thing to do for quests would be the ever-despised basic fetch-quest (x amount of Nexit tails, yadda-yadda feathers...) which is probably more of something that the non-playable player characters would issue rather than the true NPCs. Otherwise, I think my primary problem stems from our limited map right now; we don't have so much of an idea of our surroundings expect for a vague area along the landing site...

...No, wait, that could be in and of itself a quest: Explore in one of the directions beyond the landing site, up to maybe so-and-so distance? We could even make multiple quests for multiple different directions, so we could have different parties exploring different ways. What about something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.