The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Daws Combine If you'd like to, I have an idea to get your guy to team up with Rissa and Barong, depending on @RayChel's reply. If we're leather-hunting, Barong would be completely cool with taking a newbie with them :D

Also, you guys let me know how much time you need to make them, because I'll be trying to actually start up the quests soon. Which is ofc my definition of soon *stares at own post frequency* but else you're all going to have no choice but my mission ;p

I'm fully willing to throw myself into a team. Why not? I'm in.

I was wrong. I guess I don't have time so ill just drop before I get myself invested again. Have fun guys.

I was wrong. I guess I don't have time so ill just drop before I get myself invested again. Have fun guys.
Yeah, I figured as much ;p Cheers for letting us know, though, and good luck with everything.

Post up et al. Now quick rundown, if I got this right (and all works out) we got three groups;

Leviathan, Nadia and Lancelot.
Rissa, Barong, Arashi and Roland.
Tecumseh, blank and Pulse.

Prof-wise, we got;

Arashi - tinkerer
Blank - blacksmith
Leviathan - tinkerer
Rissa - blacksmith
Lancelot - ?
Tecumseh - ?
Roland - ?
Nadia - ?
Barong - Forester
Pulse - Miner

And class-wise we have a ton of desperado's ;p

Arashi (ranger/assassin)
blank (desperado/cyborg)
Leviathan (desperado/engineer)
Rissa (scout/thief)
Lancelot (knight/monk)
Tecumseh (desperado/engineer)
Rallia (warlock/cleric)
Roland (desperado/medic)
Nadia (cleric/sage)
Barong (ranger/thief)
Pulse (cyborg/engineer)

Assuming techno is still with us that is, but lacking a post in OOC and IC both, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
You forgot me, dude. I may not yet have gotten back in, but I'm still here.

Right on, dude. Make that five desperadoes. I'll be glad when CAS can jump back in; we need more warriors. For that matter, we need an Elementalist/Weaver practicing Infusion. Or an Elementalist/Cleric with Clothworking. And maybe a Monk/Templar with Shepherding. But before I digress into all the roles I wish I could play (given thirty-two hours in a day), I'll mention that Lancelot is a miner.

I'm considering making another character, to shake things up a bit.

@RayChel I just now noticed that you had asked me if Tec was going to be a guild leader or something. I know this is way too late, but he'll probably become a leader or at least act as the right-hand of someone powerful.

@Zamorak Barong talked to your dude, maybe you missed it 'cause I edited it in 10 minutes after I posted it, but Arashi can come with us if he wants to.

I'm considering making another character, to shake things up a bit.
Sure, you know the drill, lemme know when it's up.

Right on, dude. Make that five desperadoes. I'll be glad when CAS can jump back in; we need more warriors. For that matter, we need an Elementalist/Weaver practicing Infusion. Or an Elementalist/Cleric with Clothworking. And maybe a Monk/Templar with Shepherding. But before I digress into all the roles I wish I could play (given thirty-two hours in a day), I'll mention that Lancelot is a miner.
Hah, well two ore suppliers then ;p I don't think I'll be using a third guy for the same reason, though. Ironically, we had mostly warriors and mages when we began. Things change.

You forgot me, dude. I may not yet have gotten back in, but I'm still here.
Good, good.

Am I too late to the party?
Nope, looking forward to seeing what you can do here :D

"Even in virtual reality, there's an economy to screw people over with."

More than you realize. I promise I'm not trying to be mean, but that last post made me cringe. It's far too vague. "Most of his loot;" "how much each item would bring;" "significant dent." In a game-based story, exact or near-exact numbers must be tracked. Please bear with this child of a math teacher.

The following isn't Kestrel approved yet because I'm still unsure where to fit all the crafting items in, but here's my rule-of-thumb for NPC prices:
1-star common drops (harenn fur, forunn milk) can be sold for 1 cred. 1-star rare drops (lucky foot) are 3 cred. 2-star common are 2 cred, 2-star rare are 6. 3-star common are 5, 3-star rare are 25.
FIrst level, basic crafted items (iron ore, rough hide) can be sold for 3 cred. Second level, basic crafted items (iron ingots, light leather) are 5 cred.
Any bigger and keeping prices scaled becomes chaotic, but for small things it works decently well. I'll be working with Kestrel on it.

Again, this is pending Kestrel approval; however, using this brings Tec's total loot to 40 Credits. If NPC shops are 1:4 (what they buy for 10, they sell for 40) then just the parts for iron chainmail are 468 cred. To buy completed iron chainmail would be... I'd say 600 credit at an NPC shop.

Well, I did tell you you could work on the NPC prices so that sounds good. However, only players create armours and materials are either farmed or stuff like quest rewards.

Also don't worry, there will be valuta-destruction methods to prevent you-know-what later ;p

Since there's a lack of it and I've itched to play a straight-up bruiser character, a warrior it shall be.

Just got back from a military weekend, will get a post up soon.

@Kest: Changed Blood Rage; since a turn is lost the effect should be at least 2x. Upped the cost, too.

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME:Vivianne Sarkozi
    APPEARANCE:Vivianne is a woman of above average height, and gives off a confident aura with her beautiful smile. She has lost much of her girlish charm since reaching her thirties, something she is quite saddened of. Her hair is coppery blonde, trimmed to her shoulders in a style that is fashionable yet professional. She has a lean, bony build with modest curves.

BIRTHDAY & AGE:January 2nd, 2003 (31 years old)
    NATIONALITY:French

BIO:Vivianne had lived a colorful life, owing it to her impulsive and dare-devil nature. She was rebellious as a teenager, hanging out with what her parents would call the wrong crowd, doing things that the media usually condemned. Drugs, alcohol and sex filled most of her life until her early twenties, when she finally sobered up enough to realize her life was heading for ruin. Cleaning up wasn't easy, but she got out more or less. Vivianne was still an alcoholic and a heavy smoker. However, she possessed a natural charisma and the ability to connect with people. The talent allowed her to quickly work herself back into proper society. Soon she was working regular hours, and making her parents cry tears of relief.

On the suggestion of her younger sister Maria to unwind with some video gaming, Vivianne sat down one evening with a copy of "The Depth Online". Her insistent nagging had made Vivianne surrender. Little did she know what kind of trouble she was getting herself into...

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME:Vivy
    APPEARANCE:A towering woman with well-formed muscles, Vivy is built like an amazon warrior. A beautiful mane of cascading silver hair flows down her back, and her features are more handsome than womanly. Her skin tone is a magnificent shade of bronze. She retains the same confident smile that Viviane herself possesses, but in this form she would make even girls swoon. She wears heavy plate armor that covers a good portion of her body, weighing her down considerably.
    RACE:Human
    CLASSES:Berserker-Knight
    LEVEL:
    EXP: 0
    CREDIT: 0

HP: 32 STR: 12
    MP: 10.5 VIT: 10
    P.CRIT: 2.5 INT: 5
    M.CRIT: 6 WIS: 8
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: -15 Earth: 15 Light: 20
    Water: 35 Air: -5 Darkness: 0

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name Leap Slam
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 4 MP
      Skill Description With a large burst of strength, Vivy leaps across a large distance (10 meters) into the fray with a earth-shaking impact! Deals 50% physical damage to enemies in a 3 meter radius and unbalances them for a brief moment, causing them to be unable to move or use movement abilities for 1 post.

Skill Name Brutal Cleave
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 4 MP
      Skill Description Vivy calls upon her inner bestial strength to deal a savage blow at her enemies. She deals 150% physical damage to nearby enemies (range depends on equipped weapon range).

Skill Name Blood Rage
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active Self Buff
      Cost 10 HP
      Skill Description Overwhelming rage increases the damage dealt by Vivy's next attack by 100%.

Skill Name Khorne Pact
      Level learned 15
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost n/a
      Skill Description A covenant with the Blood God increases the berserker's fighting prowess when below 50% health. Increases STR and VIT by 10%.

Skill Name Berserk
      Level learned 20
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost n/a
      Skill Description When Vivy takes lethal damage, her HP cannot be reduced below 1 until her next post. She may not take any action aside from using offensive abilities on her next post. Can only be activated once per battle.

• Skill Name Vitality
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost n/a
      Skill Description Recovers 0.1*VIT health every post.

Skill Name Auto-Guard
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost 10% Max MP
      Skill Description While auto-guard is off cooldown, any attack that would have hit Vivy is automatically blocked before the skill goes on cooldown. 2 post cooldown.

Skill Name Bash
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 4 MP
      Skill Description Strikes a target hard, dealing damage and stunning them for 1 post.

Skill Name Lancer's Reach
      Level learned 15
      Skill Type Active Self Buff
      Cost 8 MP
      Skill Description Increases physical attack by 10 and weapon range by 50% for 5 posts.

Skill Name Unstoppable Bulwark
      Level learned 20
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost n/a
      Skill Description Resists knockback and knockdown effects by 50%.

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Soldier's Pike
    Type: Single-Handed Spear
    Stats: ???
    Description: A basic, short spear given to recruits in the army.

ARMOUR NAME Iron Platemail
    Type: Body Armor
    Description: Covers Vivy's body in a layer of protective metal.

ARMOUR NAME Iron Kiteshield
    Type: Shield
    Description: Metal shield of mediocre quality.

• Coming soon tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: RPG fun. I hope no one quits! Also, I hope to have a more engaging role playing experience and more interactions between characters. duckling
    ROMANCE: I am open to such opportunities.
    OTHER: Not at the moment.
    SIGNATURE: Valeric.

Last edited by a moderator:

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME:Otame Ryu
    APPEARANCE:
    images1_zpsa0294540.jpg

BIRTHDAY & AGE:April 4th, 2010
    NATIONALITY:Japanese

BIO:
    Otame was born and raised in the city of Tokyo. All her life, she hated the city but had no way out. Her parents blackmailed and forced to work for a company and forced to work with minimal pay and no benefits...illegally.

All her life the only thing that gave her pleasure was the immersive world she found in computers and networks. She soon found she had a gift for using them...and a reason; boredom and vengeance. After years of preparation, practice and planning she took down the entire company of the man that had enslaved her parents. In a single day the companies funds mysteriously vanished, the stock prices plummeted and a file containing incriminated evidence on each and every board member and the CEO was sent to every police agency that might want to have a say in what happened next. In four days the case had been settled, the company was disbanded and it's assets were liquidated. Though it didn't end there. The funds were to be seized by the government. But the day the funds had been scheduled to be imparted, they simply vanished without a single digital trace. To this day no one knows what happened but certain families that had been blackmailed by the company later found large sums of money in their accounts, laundered through various charities and organisations as to appear completely legitimate.

Afterwards, Otame found her passion in helping those who needed it and destroying those she found hatred for righting what she saw as wrong through a brand of justice she referred to as "Moral Karma".

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME:Kuroibara
    APPEARANCE:
    download2_zps0c0b05f7.jpg

RACE: Onyx Half-Dragon
    CLASSES: Warlock/Weaver
    LEVEL:
    EXP: 0
    CREDIT: 0

HP: 17 STR: 5
    MP: 16 VIT: 6
    P.CRIT: 8 INT: 16
    M.CRIT: 2 WIS: 8
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: 35 Earth: -25 Light: 10
    Water: -15 Air: 35 Darkness: 10

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name Cursefire Strike
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active/Passive/DoT
      Cost 2 MP
      Skill Description You infuse your weapon with dark energies to deal an increased amount of damage and steal the targets Lifeforce.

Effects:
      Applies a DoT on hit, dealing Int * 0.2 + 2 for each stack of Cursefire over 4 posts and heals you for 50% of the damage dealt.

You may apply one stack per turn and you gain a stack if the target dies while Cursefire Strike is active.
      Maximum of 2+1 stacks per level.
      If the attack is made again, the duration will be refreshed and the stacks will apply up to the maximum.

• Skill Name Transfusion
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active/DoT
      Cost 4 MP
      Skill Description You rip the lifeforce from the target and transfer it to another.

Effects:
      If an enemy, you deal damage equal to Int*0.5 + 2, and may heal a target for 100% of the damage dealt, including yourself.

If an ally(Including yourself)You deal damage equal to Int*0.5 - 2, and may heal a target for 120% of the damage dealt.

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Warlock's Axe
    Type: Melee
    Stats: -
    Description: A basic single-bladed axe.
    ARMOUR NAME Warlock's Robe
    Type: Cloth Armour
    Stats: -
    Description: A simple black battle robe, offering mobility, but very little defense.

• Coming soon tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: A good roleplay with a mature community and a decent amount of depth.(Pun intended.)
    ROMANCE: Come'ere and kiss me, you crazy bastard.
    OTHER: My schedule can be rather erratic but steady enough to post quite often. Expect me to be very alive and "In your business." As far as OOC goes. :P I am that little creature that constantly lurks in the shadows of conversations, only to pop out and leave a random comment.
    SIGNATURE: Kae'os Daemon, the most chaotic ruler of the Kae'ossy of the Daemons of the Daemony world of Daemons and Ducklings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.