The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rainjay Yeah, that happens sometimes. Basically if you don't check a thread it won't alert you for it again until you do.

There's no issue on my end, seeing as I can see it perfectly. Maybe there's a wrench in your browser. Lol. There's no reason why it is displaying on mine and not yours if the problem is not on your side.

Nonetheless I have done what I could and if it is still not showing then maybe it is time you checked your cache or something. Google chrome is what I am using, if you want to switch it over.

The pics are not important, if I post the introduction I will write some description as I usually do anyway.

Listen mate. The problem is that you haven't linked the images properly, so they won't display for anyone except you.

The problem is in your code.

It's your problem.

A problem which is easily fixed with basic
tags.

In future, try and be less of a scrub alright? Thanks.

Um, I'm not sure this is the best way for me to introduce myself, but here goes.

@PotatoChipGolem I checked with Chrome, just in case, but the images still didn't display. It might be that they were moved; I used the links Kestrel gave earlier and those displayed in a preview.

@Kestrel I have an enormous list of questions, but I'll start with the ones that will actually affect the CS I work on:
our beta-testers can pick two classes to start out with as long as they're within the same archetype.
May I pick Engineer/Engineer? I know they're both in the same archetype, so...
2. I'm not too hopeful about that, since I'm really only rewording a previous question. Failing that as an option, I need to know more about what a Thief can do. Specifically, can a Thief steal items from other players in a non-PvP zone? I'm afraid you're going to say that a Thief can only steal from an enemy, so it would have to be open-PvP, in a duel, or against mobs. And I'm not sure where robbing NPCs falls, either.

I'll stop my questions there and introduce myself for real. I'm RayChel. You can call me Ray, you can call me Chel, you can call me both... I suppose you can call me Phred or Dafne even, but I probably wouldn't respond to those. My sense of humor comes from my father, so please direct all heavy sighs and facepalms to him. I'm a left-side defender, amateur cook, and incorrigible shipper. I'll also admit to being a part-time animaniac and actively fangirling over SAO (much to the annoyance of my sisters). However, it is not SAO that draws me into this RP; I'm up to post 60 IC and I've made it all the way through the OOC, and I absolutely love you all.

Now that I've probably said too much, I should turn in. The new episode will be on Hulu in seven hours.

• Love
Reactions: Azzy and Wolfsin
@RayChel

Heya, thanks for your interest. As for your questions, dual-classing requires 2 different classes, but props for trying to find a loophole ;p As for thieves robbing, hmm, well that depends on the specifics of the skill. I mean you can't exactly go and steal all of someone's equipment and money ;p But if you want to dedicate skills to (minor) pickpocketing players or NPC's you speak with or increasing loot/PvP spoils, you could do that.

Also hah, SAO brings all the players! Timed the initial interest check on the first episode of season 2 airing. 't was a good decision :D

Reactions: Wolfsin
Reactions: Rainjay

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME: Clarissa Belle Stone

APPEARANCE: Rissa could be described as small, but a better word would be compact. She has the body of a gymnast: lithe, toned, and flexible. She keeps her brown hair trimmed to her shoulders and her bangs to just above her eyebrows. Slightly puffy cheeks and enormous, sky-blue eyes give her face a childish cuteness.

BIRTHDAY & AGE: April 6, 2015 - 19
    NATIONALITY: American

BIO: Clarissa Belle Stone, second child of an upper-middle class family, faced a traditional upbringing totally lacking in trauma. Her older brother was loving and supportive, and her younger sister was annoying but adorable. Even as a small girl, Rissa learned quickly and made friends easily. She took up gymnastics while young, though she stopped competing when she entered high school. When pressed for a reason, she stated simply, "It wasn't fun anymore."

"Fun" is probably Rissa's greatest fault. Rules were always optional if they interfered with her entertainment. She borrowed equipment from the gym's storage frequently during her high school years; a neighbor's pool was her pool while they were out of town, and her friends' pool if she wanted company; and having a party around a bonfire was always a big hit, even on private land. Rissa always brushed the consequences aside; it had been fun, so there wasn't anything wrong. This carefree attitude slowly pushed people away from her.

With fewer people willing to be around her, Rissa needed a form of entertainment that she could do alone. She tried movies and TV series (and found a preference for anime over anything made in America), but it was so boring by herself! The appeal of anime brought her to try an anime-themed game: Morgan's Craig. Rissa fell in love with the fantasy VR MMO. The game itself was lacking, though, so she scrambled to receive a beta-key for The Depth Online (the game that everyone was talking about).

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME: Rissa
    APPEARANCE: Rissa is a small girl. Thin arms, thin legs, thin body; she doesn't look like she has more than sixty pounds on her fifty-two inch frame. Her hair (or fur, if you'd rather) is the same brown as in reality, but two furry, brown ears emerge from it. A bushy, brown tail trails behind her. Because the game attempted to account for the new body parts despite Clarissa not actually having wolf ears and a tail, both features are quite ticklish.
    RACE: Warbeast
    CLASSES: Scout/Thief
    LEVEL: 2
    EXP: 6
    CREDIT: 65

HP: 20 STR: 10
    MP: 22 VIT: 5
    P.CRIT: 2 INT: 5
    M.CRIT: 4 WIS: 20
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: 15 Earth: -5 Light: 40
    Water: 5 Air: 15 Darkness: -20

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name Forward Scout
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost --
      Skill Description The Forward Scout checks ahead, then reports back to the rest of the party. Move speed raised by 20%.
      Skill Name Poison-tipped...
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 4MP
      Skill Description Applies poison effect to a single weapon. Lasts 5 hits. (Poison reduces enemy VIT by 2)
      Skill Name Tracker
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 3MP
      Skill Description Pierces a target's skin for 50% damage and plants a beacon that displays on the Scout's map. Beacon remains for five posts or until target dies.
      Skill Name
      Level learned
      Skill Type
      Cost
      Skill Description

• Skill Name Snatch
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 2*(target's rank) MP
      Skill Description Finders:keepers::losers:weepers. Steals one small item (about the size of a duckling) from an enemy.
      Skill Name Peek
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost --
      Skill Description A good thief knows what she's looking for. Able to see a target's inventory.
      Skill Name Cutpurse
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 5MP
      Skill Description Even in a battle, it's nice to take a little on the side. Launches three physical attacks: 50% damage, a credit leech equal to 50% damage, and a final 50% damage. (All told, does 100% damage + steals (50% damage) credits)

• SMITHING

Iron Ingot
    • 1x Iron Ore
    Steel Ingot
    • 1x Iron Ore
    • 1x Coal Chunk
    Silver Ingot
    • 2x Silver Ore
    Iron Dagger
    Dagger | +6 P.atk | +14 P.crit
    • 2x Iron Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Iron Knuckles
    Knuckle | +8 P.atk | +12 P.crit
    • 4x Iron Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Iron Longsword
    1h Sword | +9 P.atk | +9 P.crit
    • 4x Iron Ingot
    • 2x Leather Strip

Iron Axe
    1h Axe | +10 P.atk | +10 P.crit
    • 3x Iron Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Iron Mace
    1h Mace | +12 P.atk | +6 P.crit
    • 5x Iron Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Iron Bastard Sword
    2h Sword | +11 P.atk | +9 P.crit
    • 5x Iron Ingot
    • 2x Leather Strip

Iron Battleaxe
    2h Axe | +13 P.atk | +10 P.crit
    • 6x Iron Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Iron Hammer
    2h Mace | +14 P.atk | +6 P.crit
    • 8x Iron Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Iron Pike
    Polearm | +9 P.atk | +9 P.crit
    • 2x Iron Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip
    Steel Dagger
    Dagger | +11 P.atk | +19 P.crit
    • 2x Steel Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Steel Knuckles
    Knuckle | +13 P.atk | +17 P.crit
    • 4x Steel Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Steel Longsword
    1h Sword | +14 P.atk | +14 P.crit
    • 4x Steel Ingot
    • 2x Leather Strip

Steel Axe
    1h Axe | +15 P.atk | +15 P.crit
    • 3x Steel Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Steel Mace
    1h Mace | +17 P.atk | +11 P.crit
    • 5x Steel Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Steel Claymore
    2h Sword | +16 P.atk | +14 P.crit
    • 6x Steel Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Steel Battleaxe
    2h Axe | +18 P.atk | +15 P.crit
    • 6x Steel Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Steel Hammer
    2h Mace | +19 P.atk | +11 P.crit
    • 8x Steel Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Steel Halberd
    Polearm | +14 P.atk | +14 P.crit
    • 4x Steel Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip
    Throwing Knives
    Throwing | +5 P.atk | +12 P.crit
    • 3x Iron Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Shuriken
    Throwing | +9 P.atk | +16 P.crit
    • 3x Steel Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Boomerang
    Throwing | +13 M.atk | +13 M.crit
    • 3x Steel Ingot
    • 6x Small Prismatic Scale
    • 3x Leather Strip
    Iron Buckler
    Shield | +2 P.atk | +2 P.def | +2 M.atk | +2 M.def
    • 6x Iron Ingot
    • 2x Leather Strip

Iron Kite Shield
    Shield | +1 P.atk | +3 P.def | +1 M.atk | +3 M.def
    • 10x Iron Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Iron Tower Shield
    Shield | +4 P.def | +4 M.def
    • 16x Iron Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Iron Chainmail
    Heavy Armour | +4 P.def | +2 M.def
    • 15x Iron Ingot
    • 14x Leather Strip

Iron Platemail
    Heavy Armour | +6 P.def
    • 25x Iron Ingot
    • 22x Leather Strip
    Steel Buckler
    Shield | +3 P.atk | +5 P.def | +3 M.atk | +5 M.def
    • 6x Steel Ingot
    • 2x Leather Strip

Steel Kite Shield
    Shield | +2 P.atk | +6 P.def | +2 M.atk | +6 M.def
    • 10x Steel Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Steel Tower Shield
    Shield | +7 P.def | +7 M.def
    • 16x Steel Ingot
    • 4x Leather Strip

Steel Chainmail
    Heavy Armour | +7 P.def | +5 M.def
    • 15x Steel Ingot
    • 14x Leather Strip

Steel Platemail
    Heavy Armour | +9 P.def | +2 M.def
    • 25x Steel Ingot
    • 22x Leather Strip
    Small Iron Cog
    • 2x Iron Ingot

Large Iron Cog
    • 5x Iron Ingot

Silver Medallion
    • 5x Silver Ingot
    Pickaxe
    • 4x Iron Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Lumber Axe
    • 5x Iron Ingot
    • 3x Leather Strip

Smith Hammer
    • 2x Iron Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Tinkertool
    • 3x Iron Ingot
    • 2x Leather Strip

Builders Hammer
    • 2x Iron Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Needlework Box
    • 3x Iron Ingot
    • 2x Leather Strip

Skinning Knife
    • 2x Iron Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Mortar and Pestle
    • 5x Iron Ingot
    • 1x Leather Strip

Cooking Pot
    • 6x Iron Ingot
    Repair Item to full durability
    • 1x Damaged Smithing Item
    • 1x Primary Crafting Item

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Iron Dagger
    Type: Dagger
    Stats: +6 P. Atk / +14 P. Crit
    Description: A basic dagger made of iron. You have to start somewhere.
    ARMOUR NAME Shirt and Shorts
    Type: Leather
    Stats: --
    Description: Clothes. They prevent you from running around naked.
    Inventory
    harenn fur 24
    Smith Hammer 1
    Bronze Hammer 1 (19/20)
  • Submitted a character sheet! not tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: Rissa will lead the largest guild of merchants in TDO. Before then, I want to be cute and lovable and very non-combative. Oh, and I'd like to explore ancient ruins. Not the 'advanced civilization' kind; something more akin to a temple with a sacrificial alter at its center and a lot of loot would be my preference. Possibly inhabited by an undead priest, but that might be pushing cliche.
    ROMANCE: Romance is a YES! Give it your best, you guys! >_< More solemnly, I understand if it's unlikely. Guys only like them big, right? *goading you into a challenge*
    OTHER: My solemnity doesn't last long.
    Depending on my mood, I may or may not be a little ecchi; if I am, I promise I feel guilty about it.
    I'm always trying to improve my writing, so I'm open to criticism. If something I do is wrong or if it bothers you, let me know. If I do something right that you like let me... actually, I guess you would just 'Like' it. That is a wonderful button.
    I still don't understand why 'Horror' becomes 'Horrific' but 'Terror' isn't similar to 'Terrific.'
    SIGNATURE: RayChel

Last edited by a moderator:
@RayChel, all looks good so far. Also it makes me laugh, especially the equipment section. Well that and the race being warbeast, hehe.

Anyway, lemme know when you finish it up. To get you started on that, here's resistances;
Fire:15Earth:-5Light:40
Water:5Air:15Darkness:/20

Lemme know when it's finished.

Sorry for not being active as much. I been on a trip and the internet was not great at all! I will try and get a post out today if possible.

Just popping in to say this: Checked the thread on my phone, saw the words "damage calculators", let out some sort of noise between a bat squeaking and a cheer. No more worrying about my math being wrong at 2am, hurray! :D

Also: @Mac the Impaler - Sorry about the delay on posting! I decided at the last minute to change it so I could use that skill. I'm really happy with how the numbers ended up working! (Not just because of how much MP it snagged, but with how it balanced across different monster levels and WIS amounts. Tried it a couple ways to make sure I was actually doing the math correctly...)

Professions guide will be up tomorrow. I've seen enough formatting for today >.>

Time to turn in.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolfsin
@Zamorak Skia didn't die in real life. I mean, the character is still logged in too. Try not to assume too much, ok?

Listen mate. The problem is that you haven't linked the images properly, so they won't display for anyone except you.

The problem is in your code.

It's your problem.

A problem which is easily fixed with basic tags.

In future, try and be less of a scrub alright? Thanks.

Don't call me 'mate'. We aren't friends. And together with the rest of your unhelpful post, makes you look like a real ass.

If this is of any importance now, the issue lay within the fact that sometimes postimage.com keeps images modified on their website (via the options they give there). Like size, colour etc. Merely for a day or so, especially when a (non paying customer) has uploaded more than a few images. I've now edited them personally after several kind users sent me their generous suggestions and it should work now.

I would expect you to show some restraint in blabbering about something you don't know next time, lest you offend someone. The URL was parsed correctly, unless you'd like to blame Iwaku's posting options itself (because I used that) - if so, take it up to the coding administrator.

Last edited:
@PotatoChipGolem I don't think that was warranted, especially considering Mac was right. I reproduced it. CAS reproduced it. You were wrong. However it's not the image that's a big deal, it's the way you deal with it. If you can't admit your mistake over something stupid like an image URL, I don't want to find out what will happen if anything happens in the RP. There's a difference between being blunt and the behaviour you've been displaying and that behaviour is not welcome in this RP.

@Kestrel That is, hmm, surprisingly fine with me.

If you want to stand up for your friend even though he is wrong and twist the facts around (Simple fact: If the coding was 'wrong', like your friend said, you'd tell me there was a missing ']' or '/' something like that because it would come out as code. Not an image. As is the nature of non-functioning codes. But you told me, specifically that there was a missing 'image' without any indication of coding issues. Indicating that even you, yourself, realized there was nothing wrong with the code used to parse it, despite your current claims AFTER I had repaired it. Keep that in mind. Hence, unless you'd like to swallow your own words to save your friend - I suggest you make no other attempts to accuse me of anything else.),

...then I'm not going to bother to continue this conversation anymore because it is afterall, your thread. Lest we reach a point where we both do something we might regret.

Though, I must warn you, beware of the ego you are nurturing in him. Relationships like that rarely end well.

Last edited:
This looks nice! ...Can I join?

... but I wanna ask, do we have to follow sao's anime or manga storyline? Cuz I saw kayaba akihiko of sword art online as one of the characters. Is this related?

Status
Not open for further replies.