The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Mirror has been changed to 2 posts.
  • Lifeswap raises Charm's max HP (referred to as bonus HP because it is only temporary)
  • The amount of HP is different for each person that is made to be an anchor. As an example, say Wolfsin and Charm were fighting two enemies. Charm would curse enemy A and make Wolfsin the "anchor". If Wolfsin gets attacked by enemy B, then Wolfsin receives the full amount of that damage, and enemy A (the cursed enemy) would receive 50% of that damage. If enemy A (cursed enemy) were to attack Wolfsin, then Wolfsin would receive 100% of that damage and so would enemy A. If Charm decides to activate the curse before 5 posts have elapsed, then 50% of Wolfsin's maximum health score would be dealt as damage against enemy A, and the curse is canceled early. In this situation, Charm could also just as easily make Enemy B the "anchor".
Thanks ^^" I was hoping I balanced them reasonably.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ah, musta read over that. 50% is pretty massive, though. I imagine you'd put it on a tank during boss-fights, force the boss to take a ton of damage and then throw it another massive hit. How about making it a duration*10 attack? So when Tongue has 5 posts left, it'd be 50%, but with 1 post left, 10%. It'd still be very powerful, ofc, as is expected of a 50% mp skill, but not completely overpower every primary DD out there with minimal set-up.

Well, I'm putting this up for everyone to say goodbye. As of this moment, I will be leaving the RP. I imagine Kestrel already has something in mind for my character, as I will be deleting the other one after this. I will say that some issues came up, and well, they didn't end well. I feel that I can no longer continue to play in this RP, and I am sorry to all who it affects, and to the other players who have come and gone. I hope to see people in other RPs in the future, and wish everyone a happy time for as long as this RP goes on.​

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolfsin
How would you suggest that I edit those two skills so that they work out?

Id like to keep their basic idea just make them fair if that is okay, just need a little help on that.

For my more defensive skills in Berzerker, its the style of a berzerker I wanted to play. a More strategic planned out berzerker rather than hack n slash all out with no plan XD.

Well, I'm putting this up for everyone to say goodbye. As of this moment, I will be leaving the RP. I imagine Kestrel already has something in mind for my character, as I will be deleting the other one after this. I will say that some issues came up, and well, they didn't end well. I feel that I can no longer continue to play in this RP, and I am sorry to all who it affects, and to the other players who have come and gone. I hope to see people in other RPs in the future, and wish everyone a happy time for as long as this RP goes on.​

Sad day, best of luck in what you do. =)

Hey! Sav has everything planned. It starts with "Kill it" and ends with "all." How isn't that a plan?

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
I actually considered doing Demon Tongue that way but wasn't sure how you'd feel about it. That works, though - I'll change it shortly. ^^

@Thundor, sorry to see you go! Best of luck, though!

Im currently in the process of making a CS for this.
-Stuck between Ranger/Assassin, or Ranger/Scout- XD

Hi, I chanced upon this Rp and I must say that it looks very promising.

Though I'd like to join, I am aware that there are alot of players right now so I thought I would ask first.

faskojldhGASKDJalskjdg @Azzy YOU'RE JOINING TOO OMFG SO EXCITE YAY <3

Reactions: Azzy
@Key Tuzi Yeah, Wolfy talked me into it last night. I have most of the CS done, just working on the skills....which im having a terrible time with. Ill show you on Skype if you'll hop on.

Skype, eh? This is probably a good time to mention again we have a skype group for TDO. Add super paraplu (or superparaplu, idk if it has a space or not) and I'll throw you guys in.

Im currently in the process of making a CS for this.
-Stuck between Ranger/Assassin, or Ranger/Scout- XD
Bring back that scout! All classes represent!

Hi, I chanced upon this Rp and I must say that it looks very promising.

Though I'd like to join, I am aware that there are alot of players right now so I thought I would ask first.
Feel free to. We have a lot of players, but they'll be split up in smaller groups in the RP, so everything is manageable.

@Key Tuzi, cool, character accepted, let me calc your resistances (in an edit near you soon)

EDIT:
Fire:-15Earth:15Light:30
Water:35Air:5Darkness:-10

Last edited:
I'm on skype too so you know it's a good thing. Also there you can ask questions about this and that and get quick answers. It's kind of nice. Also you can tease Kestrel so bonus.

Do you guys have a Skype group for the roleplay? It really makes things so much easier communication wise XD

@Kestrel I think I might do Scout actually. Considering the descriptions of the classes, Ranger Scout should be pretty well balanced.

@Wolfsin Ok, so smite is a ranged stun that deals 400% damage up close and/or 100% from a range (assuming the wave hits enemies at melee also). And that's not including an armour ignore. The other 400% skill we have is Savage's, but he can only use it under 50% HP and forfeits healing completely when using it; big drawbacks (and it doesn't have range or stun). So how it should be nerfed depends on what you wanna keep.

Bashing Fury has a 2 turn stun and the only I allowed there is one that only works on a limited selection of enemies (machines in this case.) This is because a 2-turn stun equals a ton of free damage. Seeing the skill does damage, has a defence debuff, a stun and a knockdown, like smite you're gonna need to pick which one you like best.

Do you guys have a Skype group for the roleplay? It really makes things so much easier communication wise XD
Yeah, we do :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Azzy
@Kestrel You should totally add me to it so I can communicate better with ya'll
My Skype name is:
ataraboo

Should be a very solid edit that is acceptable I hope. =)

Well well even more geez XD also yes. Kestrel Lit is the most violent cleric ever...that's the point kinda, also remember she's obsessed with Halloween

'Rounds' denotes posts. I just thought it sounded extremely weird if a Virtual game based it's durations on the word 'posts' - breaks the fourth wall. The terms are synonymous.

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME: Kyouta Himawara
    APPEARANCE:

mrrejb.jpg

Who knew IT took photos...
    A japanese-asian man* (tanner, rougher features) who is about 5 foot 7 inches tall. He wears coloured corrective lens, which are all the rage in fashionable kyoto these days, that makes his irises seem green. One might mistake him for a foreigner (and they often do) if they don't hear him speak, but his articulate speech and well-mannered approach to conversation quickly gives him away.

Commented more than a few times to be gentlemanly, this slim individual is usually seen sporting long sleeved shirts and straight cut trousers that match in colour, along with a vest of sorts and a tie. Even when at home, he keeps himself primmed and always dresses like he's expecting visitors.

But when reality gives way to the virtual world ...​

BIRTHDAY & AGE: 30 july 2013, 21 years.
    NATIONALITY: Japanese

BIO:
    Kyota Himawara's relatives came together to japan when he was three years old, originally from Hong Kong, they were traders who traveled around the world setting up imports and exports for various franchises. Eventually they liked the country so much, they decided to settle down here. Of course, there was plenty of business to be had too.

His birth name is Huang Da Hu, roughly translated as Big yellow Tiger, seeing how he was born with precocious jaundice. But fortunately, the locals had a less ridicule-laden translation of those same characters - resulting in his name today.

Kyouta grew up in the suburbs of Kyoto, spending his time studying, visiting shrines and practicing archery. But his real passion was gaming. To an extent. He was a beta-tester, a professional beta-tester. So he proclaims. But no one can deny his expertise when it comes to picking out glitches and imbalances that most players would overlook.

Now on the day he becomes 21 years old, Kyota recieved an invite to beta-test a game called: The Depth Online.

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME: Healer
    APPEARANCE:
    3340jg4.jpg

Not exactly friendly looking, is he?

Healer dons a trench-coat of light brown as well as a canvas hat that hangs on his back. He stands quite tall and burly, as expected of a Worg - one of the game's races of beastfolk. Hide-stitched boots and gloves make him look like a sleuth from the 1950s, clothing-wise, at least. If he hides his facial features and skin, he can pass off as human.​
    RACE: Worg
    CLASSES: Sage
    LEVEL:
    EXP: 0
    CREDIT: 0

HP: 25 STR: 7
    MP: 12 VIT: 9
    P.CRIT: 7 INT: 14
    M.CRIT: 3 WIS: 5
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: Earth: Light:
    Water: Air: Darkness:

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name Relic
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 3
      Skill Description Calls down a Relic from high above. The landing relic's impact deals 30% physical damage to the surroundings within a small area with a high chance of knockback*. The relic lodges into the ground then lingers on as an unmoving object for (1+character level, max 10) rounds, with HP equal to the caller's HP but no physical or magical defense. Relics are mysteriously decorated pieces of ancient debri, often no larger than a lampost.

*Knockback Rate: Vs Small creatures (3ft or less) - 100% knockback and knockdown, Vs Medium creatures (3ft to 7ft) - 100% knockback, 25% knockdown, Vs Large creatures (7ft and above) - 25% knockback.

• Skill Name
      Level learned
      Skill Type
      Cost
      Skill Description

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Ferro-Gen TX01
    Type: Shield
    Stats: None
    Description: A small electro-suspension field generator in the shape of kiteshield. It disperses iron particles then holds them in place as a solid barrier when the user plants it into the ground, providing cover from fire. It's razor sharp edge also makes it good for bashing with though it is highly discouraged in the user's manual.
    ARMOUR NAME Trench Coat
    Type: Light armor
    Stats: None
    Description: Heavy weather getting you down? Need something to cover up a body with? Maybe even flash someone?? With this Trench Coat, you can do all that - while looking like a true renaissance man! Cigar not included.

• Coming soon tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: Good times. Good writers. A plot that gets everyone involved. And of course NO MARY SUES. I detest those things. Everytime I see one I want to **** the ****** out of their ***** and **** their **** till they ****ing ***** and ******- ahem, I mean ...say Hi. :)))) I don't really expect things to happen a certain way in roleplays, as long as things are comfortable and enjoyable, I'm good!
    ROMANCE: I am. Ohohohohooho~ The question is. Are. You. Prepared?
    OTHER: I make the best kimchi instant noodles in the world. Also, I have too many ecomotions in my sentences. It's a destructive habit and I'm trying to stop. [D:<)
    SIGNATURE: Potatochipgolem does not have a duckling.
    [tabs][tab=Player][HR][/HR][size=200][center][font=Courier New][COLOR=#a6ff4d][u][b]THE PLAYER[/b][/u][/COLOR][/font][COLOR=#a6ff4d][/color][/center][/size][HR][/HR]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.