The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added the Resistances, and retooled some of the abilities. Gunblitz is now completely different, made with the intention to be more suitable as a sort of 'primary' ability. I've also fixed some timing, with 'posts' now referring to my postings only, which should still acknowledge rounds of activity.

I've added the Resistances, and retooled some of the abilities. Gunblitz is now completely different, made with the intention to be more suitable as a sort of 'primary' ability. I've also fixed some timing, with 'posts' now referring to my postings only, which should still acknowledge rounds of activity.
Aight, so tell me if I understood this right; Gunblitz does 100%, 60% and 36% damage to different targets (unless more targets are used in latter posts)?

Other than that, I think we're good :D

@Key Tuzi Heya, cool you're showing interest. Let me know when your character is finished. Also, Charm would be our first warlock and final class we didn't have a character of yet(!)

@CAS, we've got our answer! Now time to run with our tails between our legs!

Oh wow 3 new players? Haha cool as for the quest we can fight or run Litari won't have an issue stomping the fledglings... <.<' she's kinda freaky at her heart anyway. XD
Lit; most violent of clerics.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hitomi Forsyth
@Kestrel
Yeahh, I noticed that as I was browsing through the character sheets just now! I was kind of hoping there would be some Warlock character already created for me to look at when deciding what her first ability would be in the Warlock tree. Do you think it would be too OP for her first skill to be able to summon a basic undead minion that can fight for her? And if that is alright, what would you suggest as far as damage goes?

Oh shoot also, since the RP has started already, when Wolfsin and I join the RP will our character be level 1? Or are we scaling up to what the other players are currently?

Last edited:
@Key Tuzi
A lot of characters have minions or summons, including Barong and Pulse, Leviathan and Reaver. So while they're not undead skeletons their selves, it should give you a decent idea of what's acceptable.

Also, while it's kind of amusing to discover someone picked a typo'd version of my username before I even registered, alerts only show up when for me when you type kestrel with two e's ;p

EDIT:
Oh shoot also, since the RP has started already, when Wolfsin and I join the RP will our character be level 1? Or are we scaling up to what the other players are currently?
Yeah, just pick level 1 for now. It's only 1 or 2 levels right now, which you'll catch up on soon enough.

Last edited:
@Kestrel
Oh shoot, sorry about the typo ^^" Alright. I'm about to update my CS, would you mind taking a look at my abilities section and letting me know if what I have for the summoning skill is acceptable?

Also, can Warlocks -strictly- summon Undead skeletons, or are they able to summon other undead creatures? Something like this, perhaps?

Summon skill is good, and if it's an zombie, ghost or skeleton version of the picture, sure.

Sweet, so excited. I'll continue working on my character sheet. When first placed in the game do they have any basic gear already, that I'll need to include in my CS? Or is it up to us to find something right off?

One weapon and one piece of armour, like it says in the CS. They won't have any stats yet, but Mac the Impaler and I are very close to finishing and introducing a crafting system :D

Aight, so tell me if I understood this right; Gunblitz does 100%, 60% and 36% damage to different targets (unless more targets are used in latter posts)?

Other than that, I think we're good :D

The 40% penalty applies to every individual shot, not every consecutive shot. So each attack launched does 60% damage, which can then stack into 120% and 180% damage if you applied more targets to a single enemy. And yes, that means applying 9 targets to one enemy yields 540% damage. Hopefully that's not too much for an attack that takes the course of 3 rounds to wind up.

Also, I buffed Wave Drift and Self-Destruct a bit. Hopefully I've made all of my abilities balanced or situational enough to not be remotely OP. I am a bit wary of my character's capability in comparison to some of the others I'm looking at.

Ignoring damage reduction as in if something has a literal damage reduction as a stat, or ignoring VIT and P.DEF? Cause actually ignoring those will quickly become a ridiculous nuke; at least on drift.

Not base stats, just any special effects that would artificially raise defense or something of the like. I should probably specify that.

That is correct.
In hindsight, I do see that Wave Drift can end up being seriously too powerful out in the field. I think I'll switch the damage to a static value, like 10 or 12 or something, or maybe I could limit the usage of it to once a battle?

200% STR is pretty big, yeah. A regular 200% base damage would be fine. It's not really spam-able cause you need to run to activate it, but it's a good tool to quickly get an ally some breathing room while dealing good damage.

Oookay I believe my character sheet is finished and ready for reviewing.

@Wolfsin you do realize we'll need to duel because there can't be two of us at the top.
Oh i absolutely realize it!

Of course I look forward to friendly competition. But Angel and jack don't fight fair. ;)

@Kestrel

I believe I am done and ready for you to let me know what needs fixed. =)

Excuse, but are you guys still accepting?
Yes, we are. All the info you need should be in the OP, but feel free to ask any questions.

@Penultimate Pi
Looks like you're accepted now. Welcome to the team, I'll add you to the op.

(though try to notify me if you change anything, I just happened upon the fix by chance ;p)

@Kestrel

I believe I am done and ready for you to let me know what needs fixed. =)
Switched to zerk/knight, eh? Cool. Anyway. Here we go.

First two skills are pretty defensive for a zerk's kill-at-all-costs style, but I'll take it. Smite however, is far too powerful as is. Same goes for Bashing Fury on the knight's side; stuns should generally only last for 1 post and are very powerful skills on their own.

Also, you might wanna read the rules again, 'cause you missed something in your sheet ;)

Oookay I believe my character sheet is finished and ready for reviewing.

Mirror might need it's duration lowered to 2. Else it'll be rather boring in PvP.
Does Lifeswap raise max HP or heal 20 HP per turn? Because in the case of the latter, against large groups of enemies and minion-spawning bosses, that'd make Charm near invincible for most of the early game ;p
How much HP do demon tongue's anchors have?

Other than that, I really like your skills.

Wave Drift is set back to use base damage. That should cover everything.

EDIT: Damn, outposted.

EDIT EDIT: Raised MP values of skills more, to account for higher amounts of MP in the future. Whoops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.